1.2 - The Wyr River: A stranger among you.

load previous
Feb 10, 2015 5:55 am
Since the commander acts before Khoren, his action will vary.
1) If the commander doesn't get too far, Khoren will chase him and then Push him back into our midst (must be able to see and within short range).
or 2) If the commander gets out of range, then Khoren will take a moment to catch his breath (immediate action recovery roll).
Push attack or Recovery Roll

Rolls

Push - (1d20)

(9) = 9

Alternative, recovery roll - (1d6+1)

(5) + 1 = 6

Feb 10, 2015 12:08 pm
(Ooc: it worth noting that the commander is stunned this round, but none the less Darazen is warning everyone about the bosses intent)
Feb 10, 2015 2:56 pm
**Got it!**
Osred runs towards the captain, taking the Sleep cypher out of his pocket along the way. He places himself between the captain and the passage.
"There is something wrong with some of these mudmen!"

OOC: I'n want to put the commander to sleep, but we never got to split the cyphers, so I'm want to give a chance for feedback on this. Anyone who isn't comfortable with this, just post or PM me and I can change my action. Grandmaster, can you wait a little before resolving the actions?
Feb 10, 2015 3:34 pm
Ooc: I have reviewed all actions from previous threads. Only Khoren, Darazen, Osred and Utazo were present in camp. Based on actions, the following were factually claimed:
1. Khoren took the artifact and special warp stating he could take one other device (
suggest took speed boost)
2. Darazen took Stim Injector stating he can take 2 other devices (suggest also took shocker)
3. Utazo declined any cyphers
4. Osred took Cat's Eye as Khoren told 2nd in party to take it. (
Suggest also took sleep inducer)

Over to GM to verify.
Feb 10, 2015 3:50 pm
Merlin says:
Ooc: I have reviewed all actions from previous threads. Only Khoren, Darazen, Osred and Utazo were present in camp. Based on actions, the following were factually claimed:
1. Khoren took the artifact and special warp stating he could take one other device (
suggest took speed boost)
2. Darazen took Stim Injector stating he can take 2 other devices (suggest also took shocker)
3. Utazo declined any cyphers
4. Osred took Cat's Eye as Khoren told 2nd in party to take it. (
Suggest also took sleep inducer)

Over to GM to verify.
I am ok holding the round resolution to make sure every has "claimed" the cyphers from the smugl....er.....captains wagon as there were still a few unclaimed. However, next time I may not be so generous.
Feb 10, 2015 4:12 pm
Osred wouldn't take the Catseye, he sees in the dark naturally. And I also want to know if everyone is ok with me expending a numenera.

Grandmaster, it's ok to discuss strategy when our characters can't?
Last edited February 10, 2015 4:15 pm
Feb 10, 2015 4:24 pm
KNaranek says:
Osred wouldn't take the Catseye, he sees in the dark naturally. And I also want to know if everyone is ok with me expending a numenera.

Grandmaster, it's ok to discuss strategy when our characters can't?
You can strategize here, thru PM (I think you and PM multiple people), I can can start a thread for strategizing.

It happens in RL games around the table, no?
Feb 10, 2015 4:25 pm
Ooc: based on initiative:
Osred gets Sleep Inducer
Darazen gets Shocker
Khoren gets Speed Boost
Darazen gets Cats Eye
Feb 10, 2015 8:01 pm
Round Five (and Combat Summary below)

R:5 - Utazó sees a glint of armor showing through the mud covering the command. Sword raised, he swings and makes contact (2 dmg after DR).

R:5 - Orsed turns at the sound of Darazen's voice. Knowing the commander is stunned, he runs to him, taking out a cypher (sleep inducer) at slaps it on him.

R:5 - Tara moves quickly to the commander and delivers a kick, activating her cypher. The hit breaks skin and bone (4 dmg after DR) and delivers a type of blood poison (3 dmg each round, starting the next round)

R:5 - Yui starts taunting and kicking the pile of mud men (M:5) & (M:6) (2 dmg to each, killing each).

R:5 - Darazen looks deep into the eyes of the commander and smiles. All he sees is fear, and loathing. It was not supposed to happen this way. He was supposed to lead his men in and surprise a wizen, drain its strength and salvage the blood, organs and shell for the queen. It was all planned out and should have worked. Darazen almost feels sorry for him, then with a mental shove, he forces a spike into the commanders mind (2 dmg).

R:5 - The commander, being hit from all sides, can only watch and he is ambushed by this party of miscreants.

R:5 - Khoren, seeing the commander surrounded, stops for a moment to catch his breath (6 pts recovered).

R:5 - The Mudmen Mooks:
Mudmen (M:3) does his best to dodge, in his stunned state.
Mudmen (M:4) knocked out and secured

Results (Note: After this battle, I will not be displaying the list of opponents and the stats. This is just to get you used to what happens behind the scene)
Commander (M:1) 8/15 (Unconscious, sleeping)
Mud Man (M:2) 9/9 (Dead)
Mud Man (M:3) 5/9 (prone, and scared or intimidated by this woman stomping his friends)
Mud Man (M:4) 6/9 Knocked out unconscious
Mud Man (M:5) 9/9 (Dead)
Mud Man (M:6) 9/9 (Dead)
Mud Man (M:7) 9/9 (Dead)
Mud Man (M:8) 9/9 (Dead)

Combat Summary

Exiting combat: The commander is knocked out and has been poisoned. He will be dead in 10-12 seconds (2 rounds). Yui, enraged as she is, will kick Mud Man (M:3) two more times in each of those two rounds, leading to his death.
Utazó will point to the cropping of rocks that he was hiding behind and where he secured on of the mud men (M:4). Everyone is running on adrenalin and when it is over, it takes you all a moment to gather yourself. If you doing nothing else,make a moment to recover as an action, if you want.
Feb 10, 2015 9:24 pm
As the commander slumps to the ground the poison takes hold, and there is little Darazen can do to save him. The exertions of combat leave Darazen breathing heavily, and he doesn't move, simply staring at the commander as his life ebbs away. A tear rolls down his cheek, and he casually wipes it away, hoping no-one notices.

He shakes his head in resignation. **so it makes a little more sense, but I'm not sure what we are dealing with here.**

With a deep sigh he disengages from the now dead commander and looks around the area at his comrades. "Well done, that could have been nasty. Something strange happened when I attacked the mudman. As my attack sliced though his brain I found myself listening to the commanders thoughts... I learned some stuff..."
Last edited February 11, 2015 12:35 am
Feb 10, 2015 10:05 pm
"Oh, you're not escaping so easily."
Osred touches the captain, trying not to wake him, and drags him back.
"He's not passed out, just sleeping. We have to tie him up."

Rolls

Healing Touch - (1d20)

(18) = 18

Feb 10, 2015 10:10 pm
Just this is enough to keep him alive or the damage is recurring?

Rolls

HP healed - (1d6)

(3) = 3

Feb 10, 2015 10:14 pm
Tara takes a moment to recover.

[The poison damage from my cypher is reoccurring.]
Last edited February 10, 2015 10:15 pm

Rolls

Recovery roll - (1d6+1)

(3) + 1 = 4

Feb 10, 2015 10:21 pm
Can't find the rules for treating poison. Suggestions?
GrantUrDeth, how much damage for how long?
Feb 10, 2015 11:12 pm
Utazó half-heartedly lifts her sword in the direction of her captive. "I've got a live one back there", she says haltingly as she tries to catch her breath. Walking slowly towards her captive, her sword dragging along the ground as she moves, she wonders out loud, "What in the hell is going on down here?"

Arriving at her captive's location she stands over him, looking down at his muck covered body, and gives him a swift kick. The slight groan that comes from the crumpled mass gives her the answer she was looking for. Good, he's still alive. Ensuring the prone mud-man is secure she plops down on his chest to take a seat. Looking over the room it appears that while some of her allies appear to be stunned and perhaps a little injured everyone has survived. "Next time, why don't we break out the fancy cyphers a little bit earlier?" - a slight grin appearing on her face.
Last edited February 10, 2015 11:13 pm

Rolls

Recovering Roll - (1d6+1)

(6) + 1 = 7

Feb 10, 2015 11:27 pm
KNaranek says:
Just this is enough to keep him alive or the damage is recurring?
The damage was 3 per round and was based on Numenera. While I know you can work miracles, you'd have to first get a sample of the poison to study it. You COULD try to keep healing him, but you would be expending points and gaining little, 6 points forward (maybe), 3 points back... and his mind is nearly shattered
Feb 11, 2015 12:24 am
Khoren, shudders as the sudden violence ends, and leans on his knees for breath. A tightness grows in his abdomen, thinking of the reckless loss of life. Who are these people? Do they have families that will miss them? STOP IT, they gave us no choice. A dark eye takes measure of his companions, yearning to see similar haunted looks in their eyes. Taking measure of the fight, a few words stick in his memory. Did the mudmen speak of a key, to the heart of an assassin or such, that the caravan was carrying? Something hidden, perhaps, but of the things in the captains stash, could one of those things be what they were looking for?

"We fought oddly, but we survived. Thanks be to you all."

Then, having caught his breath, he cleans his weapons with hedge magic before sheathing them, and begins to hall mudmen bodies into the beetle lair. Each time he enters the tunnel/corridor, he casts a wary eye to both sides, expecting another wave of hostiles. Finally, once he has gathered all of the bodies and stacked them around the corner near the water (i.e., out of sight of the corridor) he places their weapons and any gear to one side and begins to scrape and pick at the bodies, trying to wipe away the mud. Are these people covered in mud, or just mud?
Feb 11, 2015 12:29 am
(Ooc: Osred, you have a PM - the commander can't be saved)
Feb 11, 2015 1:01 am
Breathing heavily, Yui wipes her face and searches the mudmen pile with Khoren, looking for her dagger. She finds it with it's crossguard broken, presumably thanks to her furious stomping. She breathes in very deeply as if to try to calm herself, and failing, she shoves it back in it's sheath. Looking over at Khoren, she realizes that the battle scarred him as well, although she suspected his laments were very different than hers. Yui wordlessly walks over and gives Khoren a hug.
Last edited February 11, 2015 2:56 am
Feb 11, 2015 4:13 am
**oh well, no one's interested**

Darazen makes his way over to the pile of gear collected by Khoren and begins to examine it. And takes an action to heal.

(2nd roll was using Scan ability, if that wasn't clear)
Last edited February 11, 2015 4:15 am

Rolls

Recovery - action - (1d6+1)

(4) + 1 = 5

Examine items - trained - scan within 10' - (1d20)

(16) = 16

load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.