[Recruitment] Star Trek: Phobos

ClosedStar Trek AdventuresPublic3 / weekKnighthawke
https://i.imgur.com/bo2qG8bm.png

https://i.imgur.com/stC6EfXm.jpg
Space. The Final Frontier. These are the chronicles of the starship Phobos. Her Mission: Explore the unexplored, to seek out new life, new cultures, to hunt as the hawk and explore as the dove. To go where none have gone before.

Star Trek: Chronicles is a PbP (using the Star Trek Adventures 2d20 ruleset from Modiphius) which follows the crew of the newly recommissioned U.S.S. Phobos (a Loknar (III)-class Frigate) as it ventures out into the darkness to deal with both the known and the unknown beyond (but sometimes within) the borders of the United Federation of Planets.

Era: TNG
Year: 2371 (July, six months after USS Voyager lost in the Badlands)

Feb 19, 2023 5:22 pm
https://i.imgur.com/bo2qG8bm.png

https://i.imgur.com/stC6EfXm.jpg
Space. The Final Frontier. These are the chronicles of the starship Phobos. Her Mission: Explore the unexplored, to seek out new life, new cultures, to hunt as the hawk and explore as the dove. To go where none have gone before.
Star Trek: Phobos is a PbP (using the Star Trek Adventures 2d20 ruleset from Modiphius) which follows the crew of the newly recommissioned U.S.S. Phobos (a Loknar (III)-class Frigate) as it ventures out into the darkness to deal with both the known and the unknown beyond (but sometimes within) the borders of the United Federation of Planets.

Era: TNG
Year: 2371 (July, six months after USS Voyager lost in the Badlands)
Number of players: 5-6
Ship Captain: NPC to start, PC after a bit...

Right now doing an interest check, but will convert to a recruitment if enough interest (and definitely seems to be so far so the odds are good in next few days/if I get a game set up). There's definitely enough interest, so definitely recruiting now...
Last edited February 21, 2023 4:36 pm
Feb 19, 2023 5:41 pm
Consider me interested; haven't played the system before, but I am always willing to try something new and space exploration is an underplayed game type.
Feb 19, 2023 5:43 pm
Tempting. I always like Star Trek, especially TNG era. Not sure I want to dig into that system again, though...
Feb 19, 2023 6:19 pm
I love the 2d20 system, and have a bunch of the books -- I've even been noodling running STA later this year.

Exploring uncharted space is exactly the type of Star Trek I love. Happy to apply (note: if you do an interest check, I'd include a disclaimer that you should take players in less games than me, as I don't want to hog all the shinies.)
Feb 19, 2023 6:32 pm
Lordy Lordy would I love me some Trek.
Feb 19, 2023 7:17 pm
I would definitely be interested but would need to look at the number of games I have when this morphs from interest to recruitment.
Feb 19, 2023 7:59 pm
Just bought the core rule book a few days ago. I think its a sign ;). I am interested if I can fit another game in when you start recruiting.
Feb 19, 2023 9:30 pm
I'm also interested in trying Star Trek Adventure. I have tried some of the other 2d20 games before.
Feb 20, 2023 2:33 pm
I would like to join! I'm getting the core rule book now.
Feb 20, 2023 6:56 pm
I'm a big fan of 2d20 and would like to give STA another try. Previous game I participated in fell apart very quickly.
Feb 21, 2023 4:09 pm
I created a character. I would recreate if this doesn't fit. Also, I think this character would be played by Jude Law.

https://i.imgur.com/pzWGEQI.png

Both of Korias' parents were (are?) Betazoid diplomats and ambassadors. Korias saw how their tendency toward empathy often put them and Betazed in precarious positions. He rejected his up bringing and found understanding and comfort in his scientific studies. He believes reason is the best guide and that unchecked emotion is an erroneous approach to success. Somewhat rebelling against his parents, he joined Starfleet to continue his studies and to do his part to associate reason and logic to the name of his people. During his first post as an officer his ship was destroyed and his captain killed. He was forced to lead the surviving crew to a remote planet for a number of months before they were finally recovered by Starfleet.

For some reason the character generator didn't let me shift the 11 in Reason to adjust for the Untapped Potential Talent. If Korias gets chosen for this party, I can fix that when we enter character sheets into the forum.
Last edited February 21, 2023 5:13 pm
Feb 21, 2023 4:38 pm
Ok, I do believe that qualifies as enough interest, so turning over to recruitment. :) Go ahead an put together concepts, and positions you'd prefer, and I'll start considering . :)
Feb 21, 2023 6:00 pm
Quick question-- how many traits should you have?

There are a lot of spots where the character builder gives you the option to check boxes on traits, but I can't tell how many I should be checking each time and the quick start rules don't say anything about character creation.

I'm working on a concept of a mixed-species character half-Bajoran/half-Cardassian, born in the camps to a Bajoran mother but orphaned and raised by humans since he wouldn't be accepted by either Bajorans or Cardassians.
Feb 21, 2023 7:36 pm
Alordis says:
I'm working on a concept of a mixed-species character half-Bajoran/half-Cardassian, born in the camps to a Bajoran mother but orphaned and raised by humans since he wouldn't be accepted by either Bajorans or Cardassians.
Nice concept. :)

In that case, you would have 2 traits, Bajoran and Cardassian. Otherwise typically only have one trait from your species.
Feb 21, 2023 8:17 pm
Sorry- mixing up my terminology here. Talents- how many talents should I be ending up with?
Feb 21, 2023 8:55 pm
NP, you should have 5 talents. :)
Feb 21, 2023 10:00 pm
@Knighthawke, any particular restrictions for char gen that we should be aware of?
Feb 21, 2023 10:24 pm
Dak Khiatt

Dak Khiatt is a half-Bajoran/half-Cardassian who was born in the camps during the war. Unable to be accepted by either side of his extended family due to the mixed nature of his birth-- Cardassians considered him a Bajoran and the Bajorans considered him a Cardassian. He was adopted by a human (hippy) family and raised on a busy colony world where they tried to bring him up to be a sensitive, artistic soul, but he did not fit into their worldview, and he worked very hard at sports and applied to Star Fleet Academy instead.

At the Academy, Dak excelled at helm operations, security training, and finally felt he had found somewhere he belonged. Early in his career he was aboard the USS Firebrand until it was destroyed in the battle of Wolf-359. Dak and several other crew members survived in a shuttle craft he piloted out of the battle area.

After that he spent several years training for Star Fleet intelligence, but eventually asked out of the program deciding that being an agent felt like betraying the crew that he worked alongside and asking for a transfer back to a regular ship position, ending up on the Phobos ready for new challenges.

In a movie he'd be played by a younger Aldis Hodge. Dak would be good as a ship intelligence officer, helm officer, but could also work as a general command officer or security officer.
Feb 21, 2023 10:32 pm
Jesus.Chrysler.Supercar says:
@Knighthawke, any particular restrictions for char gen that we should be aware of?
If it's in the Generator, I'll defintiely consider it. Preference is for Alpha and Beta quadrant species. Other than that, if you can give me a good reason for it, I'll listen and consider. )
Feb 21, 2023 10:33 pm
Alordis says:
Dak Khiatt

Dak Khiatt is a half-Bajoran/half-Cardassian who was born in the camps during the war. Unable to be accepted by either side of his extended family due to the mixed nature of his birth-- Cardassians considered him a Bajoran and the Bajorans considered him a Cardassian. He was adopted by a human (hippy) family and raised on a busy colony world where they tried to bring him up to be a sensitive, artistic soul, but he did not fit into their worldview, and he worked very hard at sports and applied to Star Fleet Academy instead.

At the Academy, Dak excelled at helm operations, security training, and finally felt he had found somewhere he belonged. Early in his career he was aboard the USS Firebrand until it was destroyed in the battle of Wolf-359. Dak and several other crew members survived in a shuttle craft he piloted out of the battle area.

After that he spent several years training for Star Fleet intelligence, but eventually asked out of the program deciding that being an agent felt like betraying the crew that he worked alongside and asking for a transfer back to a regular ship position, ending up on the Phobos ready for new challenges.

In a movie he'd be played by a younger Aldis Hodge. Dak would be good as a ship intelligence officer, helm officer, but could also work as a general command officer or security officer.
I like. :) Basically Aldis Hodge from early Leverage. :)
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.