[Recruitment] Star Trek: Phobos

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

load previous
Feb 21, 2023 10:40 pm
Also, here's a GP sheet I've been working on. It's pretty basic, but should work for the most part. All need otherwise is a spot for your backstory on it. :)
[ +- ] Star Trek Adventures (2d20)
Feb 22, 2023 2:17 am
That GP sheet is great!
Last edited February 22, 2023 2:18 am
Feb 23, 2023 6:07 pm
Yeah, that's a hell of a character sheet. Definitely borrowing that template for my sheet.
Last edited February 23, 2023 6:08 pm
Feb 24, 2023 3:19 pm
This definitely does interest me.
Feb 25, 2023 9:15 pm
Whoever is interested, please go ahead and post a sheet/concept, so I can figure out invitations, etc. :)

So far, I've got interest and sheets from:
Seck - Lt. J.G. Korias Nevark, Betazoid Science Officer played by Jude Law
Alordis - Lt. J.G. Dak Khiatt, Bajoran/Cardassian Helm/Intel Officer played by Aldis Hodge

And general interest so far from:
@Qralloq, @Jesus.Chrysler.Supercar, @LightOfMidnight, @Yunera, @Stefron, @dbcowboy, and @Emberskyes

The Captain will be an NPC starting, but First Officer/XO (your preference for terminology. :) ) and many other positions would be open. :)

The initial couple of missions are set up as learning missions, so I'll be adding more descriptions, etc. of rules and more to help folks get comfortable with the system...
Last edited February 25, 2023 9:18 pm
Feb 25, 2023 9:59 pm
Sounds great. Thank you!
Feb 25, 2023 10:34 pm
I'm still interested. I don't have a full chatacter sheet yet but going for a young aspiring Human officer on the career path to get his own command, (too) eager to show his worth at every opportunity.
In the movie he'll be played by a young Henry Cavill (superman, not the Witcher)
Feb 25, 2023 10:57 pm
Stefron says:
I'm still interested. I don't have a full chatacter sheet yet but going for a young aspiring Human officer on the career path to get his own command, (too) eager to show his worth at every opportunity.
In the movie he'll be played by a young Henry Cavill (superman, not the Witcher)
Sounds good. :)
Feb 25, 2023 11:04 pm
BTW, I added the up to date GP Sheet to the Character Sheets thread in the Guides forum: STA Character Sheet (2d20)

Most recently added the Game Mechanics portion of the sheet at the bottom. Right now, I has details on using Momentum. Does anyone have any suggestions for what would be useful to see on the sheet itself?
Feb 25, 2023 11:42 pm
Definitely interested. Still trying to nail down a character concept. I used to play DS9 from Last Unicorn Games, so I used to make lots of non-Federation roguish characters. Shifting gears to play a Starfleet officer.
Last edited February 25, 2023 11:43 pm
Feb 26, 2023 1:53 am
Knighthawke, I entered Lt. J.G. Korias Nevark into the character sheet you created on GP. All ready to submit to the application for the game whenever it opens. Thanks.
Feb 26, 2023 3:17 am
I wish to bonk my head repeatedly on my desk. I was almost done and then my computer ate the character sheet.
Feb 26, 2023 3:21 am
Emberskyes says:
I wish to bonk my head repeatedly on my desk. I was almost done and then my computer ate the character sheet.
been there, done that soooooooooo many times…. LoL

Also, a question for everyone, and this is a moment for shapin the game. :)

In my initial concept, the Phobos is a refit/upgraded Loknar-class frigate. This was due to the small crew of the ship and the overall look. I think it looks darn good. :)

My question to you all - Is this ok, or would there be another ship type you’d like to use?
Last edited February 26, 2023 3:36 am
Feb 26, 2023 3:41 am
I like the idea of a small ship. I'd rather no one has to worry about the lives of 500 crew members.

There's the Oreneta Class, I was looking at this for my own game which I kept putting off. Crew is 18 looks kind of like a small Voyager. Some guy cooked it up for his own game.
Last edited February 26, 2023 3:49 am

Rolls

Career Event 1 - (1d20)

(16) = 16

Career Event 2 - (1d20)

(17) = 17

Feb 26, 2023 4:01 am
Alright, kind of have it done... How should I link it here?

https://i.imgur.com/K8wkgZmm.png
General
Name Myra D'syre
Rank
Assignment U.S.S. Phobos (NCC-2786)
Department Command / Con
Role

Background
Species Vulcan
Environment Andoria / Another Species Homeworld
Upbringing Myra's parents were artisan jewelers working on Andoria providing custom pieces to individuals back home on Vulcan.
Academy StarFleet
Career Command / Con
Career Event 1 DISCOVERS AN ARTEFACT During a survey mission, the character discovered a device or fragment of technology from a now-extinct civilization.
Career Event 2 SPECIAL COMMENDATION During a crisis, the character saved the lives of several colleagues, helping them to safety. This earned the character a special commendation.
 https://dl.dropbox.com/s/3f6zqdh6vftln74/2020-01-16%2016.44.57.jpg
Traits
TRAIT: Vulcan. Due to the harsh, arid, high-gravity world they come from, Vulcans are naturally resistant to extreme heat and dehydration; they are also extremely strong, with keen auditory and olfactory senses. They are also telepathic, though this takes training to properly manifest, and they learn mental discipline and emotional control from childhood. However, this control takes regular meditation to maintain, and their controlled nature and desire for privacy can distance them from others, and make interactions awkward.

Determination
Attributes
Control 10 Fitness 11 Presence 7
Daring 9 Insight 7 Reason 10

Disciplines
Command 1 Engineering 1 Medicine 0
Conn 3 Security 1 Science 0

Stress
Focuses
Metalurgy
Astronavigation
Helm Operations
EVA
Emergency Medicine
Ancient Technologies

Values
Odd Duck - Born and raised on Andoria Mira has always the odd one out. So she does what she can to help others adjust to their surroundings.
Honor - Having been born on Andoria and gone through SFA Myra has a deep sense of honor and well never willingly betray a persons trust.
My Crew, My Family - Myra has a very strong sense of attachment to her crew and will do pretty much anything to help them.
Value 4

[2column][col]
Talents
[ +- ] KOLINAHR
[ +- ] MIND-MELD
[ +- ] NERVE PINCH
[ +- ] MEAN RIGHT HOOK
[ +- ] PRECISE EVASION
[ +- ] PUSH THE LIMITS
Last edited February 26, 2023 4:04 am
Feb 26, 2023 4:11 am
The idea of a small ship is appealing.

It could even work with Korias' backstory, since the last ship--perhaps it was a large one?--that he was assigned to was destroyed and he was forced to take the command over the small group of survivors and had to lead them to a planet until they were rescued eventually by Starfleet.

The traumatic experience was no small thing for him, since he is constantly trying to keep his innate empathic abilities in check and let reason guide his actions. This was particularly challenging when fear and panic set into the crew that he was responsible for. Starfleet commended him for his service during the catastrophe but decided, by recommendation of Starfleet Psychological Division, to assign him to a smaller ship to avoid PTSD. Korias stubbornly doesn't believe that he has to worry about PTSD but accepted his assignment like a good Starfleet officer.
Last edited February 26, 2023 4:59 am
Feb 26, 2023 5:06 am
Emberskyes says:
I like the idea of a small ship. I'd rather no one has to worry about the lives of 500 crew members.

There's the Oreneta Class, I was looking at this for my own game which I kept putting off. Crew is 18 looks kind of like a small Voyager. Some guy cooked it up for his own game.
A crew of 500 split along 4 shifts is around 125 crew on duty at any one time (alert conditions notwithstanding) so it really isn't that many to contend with. Shifts are something that seldom gets mentioned in Trek and even then only in passing...
A ship with 18 crew would only have 4-5 crew on shift unless they had 12 hour duty shifts.
Feb 26, 2023 3:18 pm
Except that a ship with a crew of 500 wouldn't likely have evenly split shifts.

It would be heavily skewed towards a first shift where all the researchers work and then off shifts where only minimal staffing in medical, engineering, and bridge ops are on duty.
We see this throughout TN where it's one or two people in the bridge "at night" and all the people like biologists, geologists, etc would be stacked on one shift - no need for 24 hour ops on research positions.
Feb 26, 2023 4:41 pm
I was thinking more for the GM not having to come up with random names every couple of posts for some dude who works down in the gunk works of engineering
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.