Part 4: Wave Echo Cave

load previous
Dec 5, 2016 7:03 pm
OOC:
I thought, cast at 2nd level? Nah, should be no problem...
Dec 8, 2016 8:00 pm
Xora levels her bow and fires into the cloud of stirges, splattering one of them into the ceiling.

Gimblyn releases a trio of magical bolts, which track their prey unerringly, splattering three of the little monsters.
OOC:
Gonna call the combat now, it's pretty well over now! 75 xp for each of you

Rolls

Xora attack w/ bow - (1d20+7, 1d8+3)

1d20+7 : (11) + 7 = 18

1d8+3 : (1) + 3 = 4

Dec 9, 2016 5:41 am
Gimblyn hops around proud of his magical bolts, "You see that?" he looks down at his hands. "Its strange to kill creatures... Im not used to it."
Dec 9, 2016 6:33 am
Kama sheathes Talon, checking to make sure those stirges felled by magical Sleep remain fallen. "Better them than us," he says in response to Gimblyn. "Let's make sure this room is secure. I don't want anything surprising us."

Rolls

Investigation? - (1d20-1)

(10) - 1 = 9

Dec 9, 2016 6:22 pm
Looking Gimblyn in the eye, Stormsong shares, "Because you feel such things, I know you are a good person, my diminutive friend. It helps me to remember that when I do harm, it is to protect those that I care for."

Stormsong turning back to the others, "Besides, it's our job to clean this place up so it can be brought back to life! And we can start reclaiming it for life and light right here."

He begins pouring some of the oil from the flasks he gathered from the entry room into the brass lanterns around the room, lighting them up, and taking a good look around.

"There, isn't that better?"

Rolls

Investigation - (1d20-1)

(18) - 1 = 17

Dec 9, 2016 8:29 pm
The room you're in is now well-lit. You can't see anything else of note in this room, aside from the multitude of passageways leading from here. There is one on the south wall, which ends at a cave-in. Before the cave-in there is a door on either side of the passageway.

The eastern wall contains a twisting passageway leading deeper into the cave. The north wall contains two passages, the western-most passage leads north and to mare intersective passages. The east-most passage on the north wall leads to a passage crossing east-to-west. If you follow the passage north more, it ends in a door.
OOC:
You just came from the western passage
http://i.imgur.com/brf8VI1.png
Dec 9, 2016 11:25 pm
"We should at least secure one area before camping," says Kama. "Let's check out the south intersection. Hopefully those doors lead to empty rooms and not more passages." He proceeds to the intersection, mindful of where he steps.
Dec 9, 2016 11:25 pm
"Doors are fun...south?"

Stormsong goes down the south passage and listens at each door.

He also checks to see if that southern cave-in is passable at all.

Rolls

Perception west - (1d20+1)

(18) + 1 = 19

Perception east - (1d20+1)

(12) + 1 = 13

Dec 9, 2016 11:34 pm
You hear no sound at either of the doors.
Dec 9, 2016 11:40 pm
Kama checks the western door, in case there is a trap trigger along its boundary.

Rolls

Investigation - (1d20-1)

(13) - 1 = 12

Dec 9, 2016 11:43 pm
Kama finds no traps on the door.
Dec 9, 2016 11:46 pm
Kama tries the door, opening it if it is unlocked.
Dec 9, 2016 11:50 pm
The door opens without too much trouble, though it could probably use a bit of oil. Splintered stone benches and heaps of rubble from a partially collapsed ceiling fill this room. Amid ruined stone bunks and toppled weapon racks are the bones of several dwarves and orcs.

http://i.imgur.com/kieblad.png
Dec 10, 2016 12:05 am
"Combatants in the final battle of the orc invasion no doubt. I wonder why these remains are still here if the orcs took over the cave? Maybe this room wasn't useful to them."

He enters, gingerly stepping over dwarf skeletons and viscously kicking apart orc skeletons.

"No more moans (skip), no more groans (kick), all these bones (hop), are quiet as stones (kick)"
Dec 10, 2016 12:14 am
"Gundren said few survived," says Kama. "I don't think the orcs took over, more like nobody survived long enough to occupy. Hence why it was lost until Gundren discovered it. Of course, this Black Spider probably found it around the same time, and nothing says any animal or beast didn't take residence."
Dec 10, 2016 12:19 am
Nm
Last edited December 10, 2016 12:21 am
Dec 10, 2016 12:19 am
"Those bloodsuckers out there must be feeding on something (leap). Although they seem pretty hungry (punt)."
Last edited December 10, 2016 12:20 am
Dec 10, 2016 12:37 am
As you wander around and check out the room, the bones on the floor begin to rattle. After a moment of rattling, the bones begin to reassemble and, before you know it, the room is surrounded by skeletons.
OOC:
You guys go first! I'm not sure I've used a map like this yet in this game, but you have the ability to move your 'Token' around the map if you need to :)
Battle Map
Dec 10, 2016 12:50 am
Kama laments having given up his maul; it would have been perfect for this situation. He draws Talon and in the same motion, slashes across at the skeleton near the door before following up with another swing. "I think you made 'em mad!" he grunts to Stormsong.

Rolls

Talon vs Skeleton, Damage - (1d20+6, 1d10+4)

1d20+6 : (3) + 6 = 9

1d10+4 : (3) + 4 = 7

Action Surge Talon vs Skeleton, Damage - (1d20+6, 1d10+4)

1d20+6 : (6) + 6 = 12

1d10+4 : (4) + 4 = 8

Dec 10, 2016 1:08 am
"Kama -- get back!"

Stormsong finds himself in the middle of a room, surrounded by skeletons. He assumes Kama heeds his warning and casts the one spell he knows for a situation like this...
OOC:
Thunderwave-- CON Save DC 13
Range: Self (15-foot cube)
Duration: Instantaneous
A wave of thunderous force sweeps out from you. Each creature in a 15-foot cube originating from you must make a Constitution saving throw. On a failed save, a creature takes 2d8 thunder damage and is pushed 10 feet away from you. On a successful save, the creature takes half as much damage and isn't pushed.
In addition, unsecured objects that are completely within the area of effect are automatically pushed 10 feet away from you by the spell's effect, and the spell emits a thunderous boom audible out to 300 feet.

Rolls

Thunder Damage - (2d8)

(83) = 11

load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.