Chapter 5: Return to the Surface

load previous
Jul 14, 2017 7:18 pm
"Aye, me friends and I are survivors" Elfog responds, trying to feel out Eravien Haund.

"And hearing of our story, and how whatever is happening down in that place is a threat to all of us good folk on the surface, I can assume that you'd be willing to help us put a stop to it."
OOC:
Eravien Haund? Human?
Jul 14, 2017 7:27 pm
Elfog
Eravien is a half-elf with a noble bearing.

He looks at you for a moment and shakes his head, "To be honest, I hadn't really heard of this before. Why do you think that what's going on down there is such a threat to us? I say we let them all kill each other down there."
Jul 14, 2017 7:58 pm
"I would've felt the same way if it weren't for some of the good folk I met in the 'dark during our escape" the barbarian confides.

"But you think them demons that have been materializin' going to be satisfied staying below ground?" he asks, answering his own question before Eravien can get a word in. "Ain't no way! And they already starting to influence things here above!"

Puffing up his chest and crossing his bare arms in front of him he looks Eravien dead in the eye. Slowly, and deliberately, he says, "We got to put an end to this as soon as we can, and we're going to need all of the help we can get."
Jul 14, 2017 8:06 pm
Elfog
Eravien looks you in the eye for an entire minute, searching for something, and then nods, "Yes, I see that you're truly serious about this. Yes, we can spare some resources to aid you in your task, I think. When you are ready to leave, some of my men will leave with you."
Jul 16, 2017 2:12 am
"Xeliss. Not sure where to start, but you must know why we're here."
Jul 16, 2017 4:33 pm
"Much obliged!" Elfog responds, bowing slightly as he does. "Putting an end to this evil as soon as possible is best for all of us surface folk. With your men's help we'll end it just that much sooner."

Elfog takes his leave and searches for the others.
Jul 17, 2017 8:45 am
Naatkinson says:
Mai'ngor
As you stand up to leave, Morista waves for you to sit down, "What's wrong with ye?" she asks bluntly, "If ye be a servant o' nature, then you're welcome to stay."
Mai'ngor sits back down and shakes his mane. "Forgive me. I don't think I will ever get used to being underground. What was I...ah yes...no doubt you've heard about what evils we faced in the Underdark, and even in Silverymoon itself! What is the Enclave's stance? Do you stand guard abd defend, or do you take the the fight to the enemy!"
Jul 17, 2017 12:34 pm
Xeliss
"Yes, I suppose I do know why you're here. Truth be told, I came more out of curiosity than anything else," Zelraun begins, "With everything that's been going on up here, we're rather strapped for resources as it is and we don't have much to offer at the moment."

He pauses for a moment to think and Sarith looks at you, slightly confused as to why you are there if he's not able to help.

Zelraun shrugs, "Do either of you play chess at all?" he asks suddenly. Sarith shakes his head and looks to you.
Jul 17, 2017 12:44 pm
Mai'ngor
Morista looks at you for a moment and then chuckles, "Don't know, do ye? Bruenor is me king! If he says ye need help, we're gonna make sure ye get the help ye need."

"I see you're still troubled. What's on yer mind, me friend?"
Jul 19, 2017 5:15 pm
"You misunderstand me. I do not doubt you nor the king. I ask for counsel. Where is the proper place for a guardian of nature? Do I go to the depths to face this evil? Or do I return to the mountains and tend to my people's lands while there is yet time to make things grow? Oh, how I long for home, but that ground is sown with tears and the ashes of my kin. I am the only tikbalang left in the world. What should I do?"
Last edited July 19, 2017 6:07 pm
Jul 19, 2017 6:04 pm
Morista nods sadly, "'Tis a true problem ye face, and I can offer only advice. Ye have to ask yerself what's more important to ye; yer ancestral home, or those who will die if we can't stop this invasion before it can truly start. What I can tell ye is that, should ye manage to put an end to this, is that I can make sure that ye do not go to yer homeland alone. I can make sure there are others who revere nature such as ye do to help grow the land back to what it was before."
Jul 20, 2017 8:42 pm
"Chess? I... no, I can't say that I do."
Jul 21, 2017 12:49 pm
Xeliss and Sarith
Sarith shakes his head no and shrugs his shoulders, "Not me," he says simply.

Zelraun deflates a bit, "Oh well... I had a great analogy for the situation. Planning ahead and all that, but it seems that it would be lost on you at this point."

There is a moment of awkward silence before he perks up a bit, "Maybe... maybe you'd like to learn?"
Jul 22, 2017 2:06 am
Seeing how eager Zelraun is about this chess game, I nod. It's been a while since I've learned something new, even something as trivial as how to play a game. Anyway, you can learn a lot from someone this way. Isn't it much like bargaining? You feel out a person's strengths and weaknesses and use them to your advantage. This could be good for me. "What do I need to do?"
Jul 22, 2017 2:32 am
Mai'ngor brightens a little at Morista's words. "Yes, that would be...I would appreciate it. Though nothing can bring my kin back, at least there is hope of restoring the land that it was our duty--my duty now--to protect. That is, when all this is over."
Jul 22, 2017 4:15 am
Xeliss
Zelraun smiles, "Oh, I am glad that you said yes!" he says, then points to a rather plain piece on the board, "This is a pawn..." he begins and then goes on to explain the rules of the game, running you through a number of matches. You find that you have a knack for it and quite enjoy yourself.

When the teaching is over, Zelraun is obviously very happy and snaps his fingers. You hear very heavy footsteps approaching and then see a large metallic creature enter the room. It stands roughly seven feet tall and looks very sturdy. Zelraun hands you an amulet, "I'll be safe enough here, you take my guardian when you go down below. When you get back, we can play a game of chess together."
Jul 24, 2017 1:49 pm
OOC:
Anything else before we move on?
Jul 24, 2017 4:43 pm
Hunter waits until she sees the others in her group, whether collectively or one-on-one. She broaches the subject of splitting any party loot by half as payment for the Zhentarim to see if they are willing to agree. Hunter intends to return to Davra Jassur with the answer.
Jul 25, 2017 2:35 pm
Around mid-afternoon, after meeting with the faction leaders, you find yourselves seated around the table in the same tavern that Elfog went to when you first arrived.
OOC:
Feel free to share your findings, etc.
Jul 25, 2017 5:22 pm
Hunter begins. "The Zhentarim will aid us, but their representative asks a rather high price. She demands a full report of what we find in the Underdark, and half of any treasure we recover.

"I see no reason to withhold information, since I would share the same with King Battlehammer and Silverymoon. And while I'm fine with giving up half of my treasure, I feel I cannot speak for all of you. Is that something you're all willing to do; part with half of our recovered worth?"

Hunter shrugs. "Granted, we never discussed whether it would be an equal share of value or in proportion of objet d'art. For example, I should think it fair if I kept an arcane item of power in exchange for its market price in gold or gems."
load next

Thread locked