Chapter 5: Return to the Surface

load previous
Jul 7, 2017 4:22 pm
"If they seek such a deal, who would they speak to from your court?" Hunter asks, assuming that they will not be acting as representatives of Gauntlgrym.
Jul 7, 2017 6:16 pm
"Any trade deals go through me and me council," Bruenor says, "If they don't want to do it without gettin' paid, tell 'em to talk to me."
Jul 9, 2017 8:55 pm
"Was there any questions before we get outta here? If not, then just try to get a chance to visit with the representatives before too long. They should be here a while."
Jul 10, 2017 8:54 pm
OOC:
Who wants to try to cozy up to which faction? Lords' Alliance, Emerald Enclave, Zhentarim, Harpers, Order of the Gauntlet
Jul 11, 2017 1:58 am
OOC:
Hunter will speak to the Zhentarim, since they were discussed first.
Jul 11, 2017 11:21 pm
OOC:
Whichever one is the most Dwarf friendly. :-)
Jul 12, 2017 5:58 pm
Mai'ngor keeps to himself mostly. He responds politely when spoken to but does not initiate conversation. Thoughts of his lost home and his lost people have been weighing heavily on him, and being back underground is doing nothing for his mood. Among the factions present, the representatives of the Emerald Enclave catch his interest the most. Much like they, the tikbalang considered themselves stewards of nature. Mai'ngor wonders, not for the first time, whether his place is among his new friends on this strange mission or if he should return to the wilds where he belongs.
Last edited July 12, 2017 5:58 pm
Jul 13, 2017 1:44 pm
Bruenor dismisses you finally, bidding you to get some rest and then begin your work in the morning. You get an untroubled night of sleep for once and awake refreshed in the morning.
Mai'ngor
You make your way to where you've been told the emissary from the Emerald Enclave is staying. Knocking on the door to the room, you hear a couple of loud thumps and a couple of curses from within and are greeted by a bearded dwarven woman. She looks you up and down for a moment and then steps back to allow you entrance into the room, "Come on in," she says.

You enter to find the room to be the pinnacle of dwarven practicality. Everything has a place and there are no extras in the room aside from a small garden that is somehow growing out from the stone in the corner. She directs you to a seat and sits across the table from you, "Name's Morista Malkin. So, what can I do for ye, horse-man?"
Hunter
You make your way to the sections where the representatives of the Zhentarim are being housed, passing a number of humans that appear to be just relaxing in the halls, but you're almost positive they are lookouts and guards for the leader. Your hunch is proven correct as, when you approach, the door opens on its own.

Entering the room, you find that it's furnished simply, with just a bed, dresser, and a wardrobe in the corner. Sitting in a seat with her back to the wall is a tall and graceful looking woman with long jet-black hair. She smiles as you enter, "Welcome to you, Hunter Galfyne, disciple of Hobren and survivor of the demon lords. I am Davra Jassur, what can I assist you with this day."
OOC:
I'll post the other two in a little bit here :)
Jul 13, 2017 5:07 pm
"Erm....pardon the interruption. My name is Mai'ngor. I...well, I'm not entirely sure why I came to see you. Curiosity about the Emerald Enclave, I suppose. My people are also—*were* also protectors of nature." Abruptly, Mai'ngor rises to leave. "Forgive me...I should not have bothered you..."
Jul 13, 2017 5:08 pm
In her approach to Davra Jassur's room, Hunter has draped her fine emerald cloth around her body like a sari, wrapping the end over her head in a hooded shawl and across her face to conceal everything but her eyes.

"My lady," Hunter says with a polite curtsy. She remains standing, and her eyes assess the other woman's bearing and makes note of her position in the room. "You know much about me, which speaks of your influence and resourcefulness. It is of those qualities that I come to beseech your assistance."

She removes the silken wrap from her face to lend emphasis to her words. "There is a great danger that stems from the Underdark. My escape from the daemonic only serves to highlight the threat that boils beneath, and if left unchecked this invasion will definitely spill over to the surface.

"In order to combat this evil, we seek information. There is a place said to contain this knowledge and from there we hope to glean something about this Abyssal incursion, something that may help prevent the demon lords from ravaging this plane. Unfortunately, the location of this place is unknown to us.

"We believe that the Zhentarim are able to provide us with direction. Your resourcefulness, your influence, may lead us to where we need to go."

Hunter lowers her head in a bow to finish her plea for assistance.
Jul 13, 2017 5:20 pm
Xeliss
Xeliss makes her way toward the Harper's quarters. She is met by a few friendly faces on the way, and joined by Sarith before she reaches the room of their emissary. They are let in easily by a guard outside the door; obviously they were told to be expecting you.

Inside if a richly furnished room, a man sits at a table which holds only a chess board. He is staring at it in deep concentration and muttering to himself. At a polite cough from the man who lets you in, the sitting human looks up in surprise, "Oh, I apologize," he says, standing up and moving toward you with a hand extended, "I am Lord Zelraun Roaringhorn of the Harpers, it's very good to meet the both of you."

Now that he's standing you can see the richly embroidered robes that he wears, woven with golden thread and with pictures of stars, moons, and planets covering it. He also wears several expensive-looking rings.

Sarith takes the man's hand after a very slight hesitation, "Sarith," he says simply.
Jul 13, 2017 5:25 pm
Elfog
Asking one of your new dwarven friends, you are directed toward the quarters of the Lords' Alliance members. You are hastily shown to the room of their appointed leader.

He stands as you enter the room and shakes your hand, "My name is Eravien Haund," he says politely, though he doesn't look super excited to be meeting with you, "You must be... Elfog, was it? Survivor of the Underdark, so they say."
Jul 13, 2017 5:30 pm
Mai'ngor
As you stand up to leave, Morista waves for you to sit down, "What's wrong with ye?" she asks bluntly, "If ye be a servant o' nature, then you're welcome to stay."
Hunter
Davra sits and stares for a minute at you and takes your measure. Finally, she nods, "Of course we will help. We must all stand together to stem the tide of darkness, isn't that right?" she asks with a sly smile, then continues, "Such things are difficult and draining of both time and resources, so I have a proposition for you. A simple thing really, if you'd hear me out?"
Jul 13, 2017 5:43 pm
Having spent much of her childhood on the streets, Hunter recognizes the opening lines of someone wanting something in return. Guarded, she answers, "Of course, m'lady."
Jul 13, 2017 5:56 pm
Hunter
Davra smiles sweetly, "What I want is twofold. One, I want an equal share of the treasures you find in the Underdark. Two, I want a full report when you get back. The same one that you give to King Bruenor, nothing left out and nothing hidden. A simple thing, wouldn't you agree?"
Jul 13, 2017 6:41 pm
"Your generosity is unparalleled," says Hunter, her face taking on a pleasant expression of relief. "I do agree that giving you an equal share of the treasures I find in the Underdark, and a full report, are very simple requests. I would be happy to oblige, in exchange for guidance to where we need to go.

"I believe you have agents in the Underdark that can point us in the right direction?"
CancerMan sent a note to Naatkinson
Jul 13, 2017 7:02 pm
Hunter

Davra laughs a light, melodic laugh, "Very clever! You act as if I've never negotiated before, child," she smiles, "I applaud your efforts, but I want an equal share of your group's treasure."

Naatkinson sent a note to CancerMan
Jul 13, 2017 7:36 pm
Hunter looks as though something doesn't sit right in her stomach, but she squares her shoulders. "I will need to confer with my group, in that case. In the event that the others disagree, what other services or goods might be open to you?"
Jul 13, 2017 7:52 pm
Hunter
"For the assistance I offer, I think that they will be in agreement, but please, take the time that you need. If they don't accept... We will deal with that if it comes up."
Jul 13, 2017 8:44 pm
Hunter curtsies once more and politely takes her leave. She draws her veil closed as she departs and seeks to rejoin the others.
load next

Thread locked