Chapter 5: Return to the Surface

load previous
Jun 17, 2017 6:23 pm
"Let me gather my things" a weary Elfog states. He doesn't remember coming back to his room, obviously an effect of the holy water from earlier.

"All be right there."
Jun 18, 2017 4:47 pm
Mai'ngor has lost track of time and is still at the Forge. His room is empty when the summons arrived there.
Jun 19, 2017 8:06 pm
Everyone steps out if their rooms to meet the dwarves. Sarith looks very tired, but he remains alert.

As you all come out, the dwarves look around, "Where's the horse-man?"
Jun 19, 2017 8:11 pm
Hunter holds her hands open and shrugs, with no idea.
Jun 20, 2017 9:08 pm
"Not like 'im to be late."

"Anyone know where he headed when we got here?"
Jun 21, 2017 1:48 am
"We'll leave someone 'ere to wait for 'im to come back and send 'im on 'is way," one of the dwarves says with a shrug and begins to lead you to the king's audience chamber.

You are taken to a mighty hall in which a red-haired dwarf of fierce and proud demeanor sits upon a massive stone throne, flanked by a number of guards and advisors. Although a long stone table has been set to one side, laid out with refreshments, there do not appear to be any other guests. "Welcome, friends," says the king. "I've a mind to know about the rumblings and rumors about goings· on in the depths outside my city. If ye relate to me what ye know, we can talk about what ye might want to do next."
Jun 21, 2017 3:12 am
Hunter curtsies low. She knew they were to be granted an audience with the king, but now that the moment is upon her, she finds herself a bit unprepared. Fearful that her elementary knowledge of dwarvish might accidentally lend insult, Hunter sticks to Common as she relates the tale of the group's adventure in the Underdark.

The sorcerer speaks of their capture by the drow and the opportunity to flee when daemons attacked Velkynvelve, though she minimizes the drow's influence in favor of emphasizing the abyssal fiends. She tells the story of Sloobludop and their tenuous alliance with a kuo-toa faction, only to flee as the Prince of Demons (she dare not speak its name) rose from the depths of Darklake. Hunter talks about their arrival at Blingdenstone and helping the svirfneblin combat the prophet of Juiblex. She even includes their visit to Neverlight Grove to return their small myconid sprout, and how the elder myconids provided directions to the surface, where they emerged near Silverymoon. Hunter finishes with the daemonic ambush within the city itself, how the glabrezu and balgura wrapped themselves in the illusions of memories, which prompted the Magister to ask for their journey to Gauntlegrym.

She offers her observations. "I know not what causes these incursions, but I believe this has been in effect for quite some time. The kuo-toa faction devoted to the Prince of Demons were well-entrenched, offering numerous sacrifices. The deep gnomes faced many battles against the oozes and slimes and the mad prophet of The Faceless Lord spoke of preparations."
Jun 22, 2017 1:29 am
King Bruenor listens intently to the story and is silent once it's over. "That's troubling," he says quietly, "Ye've given me much to think about. We're having a feast in two days. There'll be people from most o' the major factions. If ye could, speak to them at the feast, see who may be willing to help us deal with what's going on here."
Jun 22, 2017 1:30 am
Sarith sits quietly through the re-telling of the tale and looks pale (as pale as a drow can look) when it's over, "It's horrible... I thought I'd felt real evil in my home... Seeing the Prince of Demons was... something else."
Jun 22, 2017 12:55 pm
Having finally wandered back to his quarters and been told the audience with the king is in progress, Mai'ngor hurriedly makes his way to the audience chamber. As soon as he is allowed in he bows low, embarrassed, and waits quietly in the back of the room.
Jun 22, 2017 4:11 pm
"Please forgive my ignorance," Hunter begins, "and my speaking plainly, but what help are you expecting from these representatives? You are going to deal with his threat, how?"
Jun 23, 2017 11:57 am
Bruenor doesn't mention Mai'ngor's absence and merely nods at him in greeting.

"Normally, we would have the resources to pull off an underdark expedition ourselves, but the re-opening of Gauntlgrym has taxed us greatly and we're just starting to recover. I feel we're going to need their help before this is all over."
Jun 23, 2017 4:14 pm
Hunter is quiet as she mulls the king's words.
Jun 26, 2017 1:13 am
OOC:
Is there anything else you'd like to do in the next two days?
Jun 27, 2017 10:56 pm
OOC:
Hunter tries to find some arcane school or representative amongst the dwarves to study magic. Otherwise, she spends her time trying to make herself useful in this place, participating in any excavations or smoothing out of tunnels and passageways. Throughout it all, she practices her dwarvish, hoping everyone's patient with her attempts.
Jun 27, 2017 11:08 pm
OOC:
Elfog would like partake in some more holy water and see if he can get on the locals to show him about the place. Particularly interested in the mining that may be going on.
Jun 27, 2017 11:15 pm
OOC:
Forgot to add that Hunter would like to involve Sarith somehow, just so the drow isn't cooped up in his room all the time. Whether the dwarves will allow him free access is another question.
"You've been hitting that water pretty heavily," Hunter mentions to Elfog during a down period. "Let's see how much of a tolerance you've built up." She grabs a mug and prepares to challenge the dwarf; heck, anyone that's around.
Jun 27, 2017 11:25 pm
"Well, I can handle meself!" Elfog says with pride before breaking into a sly smile. "Not sure about you skinny types though..."
Jun 28, 2017 1:59 am
As you sit to drink, a couple other dwarves wander over, "Mind if we join ye?"

Sarith also takes a seat, but doesn't partake, choosing merely to watch, "10 pieces of gold on Elfog... Anyone care to bet?"
OOC:
Elfog, Hunter, give me a con check for each of you. Elfog's will be with Advantage!
Jun 28, 2017 2:09 am
"Smart man, ye are" Elfog says, giving a nod and a raise of the mug to Sarith.

"Try and keep up now!"
OOC:
Hahahahahaha - lightweight!!!

I assumed saving throw vs check, if it's a check subtract 3 from the rolls.
Last edited June 28, 2017 10:25 pm

Rolls

Constituion ST (with advantage) - (1d20+7, 1d20+7)

1d20+7 : (4) + 7 = 11

1d20+7 : (3) + 7 = 10

load next

Thread locked