Metagamers Anonymous

load previous
May 28, 2015 6:23 pm
I had a great time, looking forward to trying to get poor Farandor killed in subsequent adventures :)

I agree with you Jabes and Dex, and I've had a huge hankering for old school deadly games lately.

EDIT:
I don't suppose there's any Elven villages nearby, that a certain spry young elf could prance over to?

Also Donnic: You're focusing on stealthy type things right? Just so we don't necessarily double down on the same talents
Last edited May 28, 2015 6:40 pm
May 28, 2015 6:50 pm
While in town, Veldebrand buys Detect Magic and Identify Magic spells to add to his spellbook. No longer will we pay for failed identifies!

May 28, 2015 7:01 pm
Does one have to spend PP & TP or can one save them up?
May 28, 2015 7:02 pm
You can save them.
May 28, 2015 7:24 pm
Grapthor buys:
*5 days rations = 25 SP
*weapon paste = 5 SP
*rope (10m) = 1 GP
*a wineskin = same as a waterskin, I guess (5 SP)?
*and 5 liters of ale to fill it = ??

Now that I've upgraded can I sell my leather armor at market value (4 GP)?
May 28, 2015 7:28 pm
Dextolen says:
It was a good opportunity for people to roleplay and also for the newer folks to try DS rules. I loved the tentacle brain in a jar, but the adventure was shy on encounters (not your fault!)
I agree, I was surprised there were only 2 monsters, which makes me thing we missed a few secret rooms with more monsters in them... I haven't quite gotten a personality down yet for Barekeln, mostly because I made him to fill up a need in the party. Give me a bit more time, and I'll come up with something interesting. :P
May 28, 2015 7:33 pm
The waterskins usually are 1 liter. 5 liters would be a small keg.
I'd say you can sell stuff at half price.
May 28, 2015 7:37 pm
chocokiko says:
The waterskins usually are 1 liter. 5 liters would be a small keg.
I'd say you can sell stuff at half price.
The book says 5 liters. Has that been errata'd or something? :-)
May 28, 2015 7:40 pm
hmm ok i didn't look it up but 5 liters seems pretty large to me... if the book says so its ok
May 28, 2015 7:43 pm
chocokiko says:
hmm ok i didn't look it up but 5 liters seems pretty large to me... if the book says so its ok
I actually agree, that does seem like a lot. You wanna houserule it? It should be cheaper though if it's smaller than 5L :-D
May 28, 2015 7:55 pm
Don't complain about prices when you have tons of money. I might feel compelled to lighten your purse some other way ;-)
May 28, 2015 8:02 pm
Grendelthebrave says:
EDIT:
I don't suppose there's any Elven villages nearby, that a certain spry young elf could prance over to?
I'm going to echo this sentiment, but for dwarven settlements; might decide what weapon I'll end up buying...
May 28, 2015 8:06 pm
kalajel says:
Grendelthebrave says:
EDIT:
I'm going to echo this sentiment, but for dwarven settlements; might decide what weapon I'll end up buying...
Dwarven settlements eh? I'd be interested in that too. But I don't have enough money yet for a Dwarven Axe. What else would we find there that we couldn't elsewhere?
May 28, 2015 8:08 pm
I'd say you will pass elven and dwarven settlements in your off stage travel time. You can have your weapons :-)
May 28, 2015 8:14 pm
Nice! That might completely change my order... Though maybe not. A few nights of ale and 'company' will cost a few coins. BTW I love that 'company' is something that is for sale at the taverns :D
Last edited May 28, 2015 8:14 pm
May 28, 2015 8:16 pm
You may pay a suitable amout for that and effectively get the bragging rights :-)
May 28, 2015 8:25 pm
• Sold the wooden shield to buy leather vambrace and greaves instead.
• Bought a dwarven axe for melee.
• Bought a second spear to chuck at enemies far away.
• Bought the Enchant Weapon spell.
• Bought the Rout Undead spell.
May 28, 2015 8:37 pm
What was our share of GP from the chest, again?
May 28, 2015 8:55 pm
Dextolen says:
What was our share of GP from the chest, again?
I'd quite forgotten about that! I just checked: it's 82gp. Turns out I can afford a Dwarven Axe! :-)

Actually, the Dwarven Axe has great stats but a warhammer is more Grapthor's style. Chocokiko, would you agree to houserule a Dwarven Warhammer? If yes, what stats?
Last edited May 28, 2015 9:09 pm
May 28, 2015 8:59 pm
It was 82, yes.
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.