Metagamers Anonymous

load previous
May 1, 2015 3:33 pm
Hmm, okay. I tried Firefox and it's more of the same. I guess I'll try downloading chrome again, hopefully whatever malware issues they had back then has been fixed since I got rid of it...
May 1, 2015 3:40 pm
Nope, even on chrome I have nothing... Edit: Oh, nevermind, I've spotted it, I think I just don't have access to it in the OOC thread...
Last edited May 1, 2015 3:46 pm
May 2, 2015 12:54 pm
Free advice: I'll handle searching and looking at stuff like old text adventures and MUDs. Just "looking around" will most likely give you a general description of the room area depending on the result of the check. Maybe a little more detail. If you want to find out about something more you will have to narrow and specify your search. You can investigate any Detail I meniton in my general description further as well as some things I might not have mentioned. In general the more specific and detailed the description of the search the more likely you might find something hidden, if there is something to be found. Sensing magic is also its own check. (Mind+AU). The same rules as above apply to that. the more specific the search the more detailed the result.
May 2, 2015 1:00 pm
BTW: I'm not going to tell you how and when to search. And I won't tell you wich senses to use. Usually I will assume you are using your eyes. But you can always employ all of your senses. I will keep descriptions relatively short and only tell you OBVIOUS stuff. Dhis is dungeoncrawling. You have to give me the input on what to tell you...
May 2, 2015 1:05 pm
Conclusion of the rant: Don't blame me if you are surprised by stuff you didn't care to watch out for...
May 2, 2015 1:14 pm
Jabes - the target number is the total of your attribute + trait + any bonuses from talents - GM's penalties.
May 2, 2015 2:24 pm
Another free advice: You should probably all be mapping. If the player gets lost the character does, too. Your map reperesents the player's memory of the place. I'll give descriptions in meters. 1 meter = 1 square on DS maps.
I'll try to be precise about that and if anything is unclear please ask.
May 2, 2015 3:18 pm
Alright, I started mapping. Here is what I have so far for the dungeon. correct me if I'm wrong;

Runes of Oblivion
Last edited May 2, 2015 3:19 pm
May 2, 2015 3:23 pm
good enough...
May 2, 2015 5:42 pm
that looks great!
May 2, 2015 9:22 pm
So where is everybody from? I'm from a suburb of Detroit, Michigan , USA
May 2, 2015 9:37 pm
I'm pretty sure I already told that in the Dungeonslayers forum, but I'm from the province of Québec in canada.
May 2, 2015 10:07 pm
Karlsruhe, southwest Germany :-)
May 2, 2015 11:15 pm
I'm from Manila, Philippines :-)
May 2, 2015 11:19 pm
kalajel says:
Alright, I started mapping. Here is what I have so far for the dungeon. correct me if I'm wrong;

Runes of Oblivion
That looks great! Thanks! :-)
May 2, 2015 11:25 pm
Please pardon my question about the Checks...what I really wanted to know was how do you know which Attribute & Trait to use? I just went back to the rulebook and found the answer on page 36. Thanks, all, and pardon the noobness. Believe me, I'll have more dumb questions for you as we go along :-P
May 3, 2015 12:01 am
The table in the rulebook is just some examples. In general the GM decides what to roll but if you pick something sensible for the task it schould usually be ok. And you can always just describe your action and I'll tell you whar to roll and if a roll is nescessary.
May 3, 2015 5:16 pm
Absolutely nothing happening this weekend... :-(

. o O (zZzZzZzZ)
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.