Metagamers Anonymous

load previous
May 7, 2015 2:14 pm
Cool! We have a "last post" icon on the thread titles now!

Anyway - let's keep going!
May 8, 2015 3:23 pm
Hey Everyone! Looking forward to cracking some skulls (with arrows? :p ) in this new system. Don't worry, I shouldn't require too much hand holding, I have an addiction to picking up new game systems.

I saw earlier people were sharing where they are from, I'm from Saskatchewan, Canada.
May 8, 2015 3:27 pm
A true global game! Welcome!

Once you grasp the target number aspect, and that bonuses/penalties modify that and not your roll, you will be fine
May 8, 2015 5:31 pm
Welcome to a fellow Kanadian!

I'm from Québec myself.
May 8, 2015 8:23 pm
Cool!

So I've had a bit of a chance to look over the mechanics and I think I know what's going on. Very different than other systems I've played before.

So am I reading it correctly, that the 'best' results come from just hitting your target number, when it comes to MAT,RAT, DEF rolls? Because as the roll gets lower, the damage/defence value also decreases?
May 8, 2015 8:26 pm
True, and a 1 is a coup (crit) that translates to your modified target number. 20 is a fumble even if your tar get is 20
May 8, 2015 10:35 pm
Yep. So perhaps a more in detail example here.

Let say you have a MAT of 14.

You roll 16: you miss, no damage.

You roll 12: you hit and inflict 12 points of damage.

You roll 1: You score a Coup and inflict 14 points of damage (your MAT value). ...and if/when Chiokiko introduce the Slaying Dice optional rule, you'll also get to roll another attack roll using the same value (MAT 14).
May 8, 2015 11:49 pm
And we'll cross the target number > 20 bridge when we get to it. :)
May 9, 2015 12:52 am
Dextolen says:
And we'll cross the target number > 20 bridge when we get to it. :)
Hmm, although, I must admit I wonder how exactly we'll managed that considering how the dice roller works...
May 9, 2015 2:33 am
Example: MAT 24

Roll 2d20

After the post appears, pick which goes to the CTN 20 and the CTN 4

If the first roll is a 20 = fumble.

If either roll is a 1, pick which target it's applied to
May 9, 2015 2:50 am
Dextolen says:
Example: MAT 24

Roll 2d20

After the post appears, pick which goes to the CTN 20 and the CTN 4

If the first roll is a 20 = fumble.

If either roll is a 1, pick which target it's applied to
More like "rolls 1d20 twice" because if you roll "2d20", you'll get a result between 2 and 40... :P

But yeah, otherwise, it's more or less what I was expecting might happen... It's going to be a bit annoying to type all of that, but hey, technology still has its restrictions... :P
May 9, 2015 3:03 am
I sent DS dice conventions PM to this site owner, for what it's worth.
May 9, 2015 6:44 am
Grendel: you should note on your character sheet that your ranged attack is 15 with the spear :-)
May 9, 2015 4:12 pm
Sounds good, I will do that.
May 9, 2015 4:27 pm
I think 14 may be correct, though I'm probably missing something. My MOB is 8, DEX5, and WB 1 for the spear.Is there another bonus I'm missing?
May 9, 2015 5:23 pm
Grendelthebrave says:
I think 14 may be correct, though I'm probably missing something. My MOB is 8, DEX5, and WB 1 for the spear.Is there another bonus I'm missing?
From one of your talent maybe?
May 9, 2015 5:34 pm
That was it... I have Marksman(+1 RAT) . All fixed now.
May 10, 2015 4:22 pm
May I suggest a separate thread for these excellent maps Kalajel is making? Just so it's easier to get to the most updated version :-)
May 10, 2015 6:03 pm
You may :-)
Excellent idea. I'll need much more time to complete the map page :-)
May 10, 2015 7:27 pm
The blue potions are cooldown potions, there were 4 of those right? If so I guess it means both Mages gets 2 each, even if we don't need them for now...

I was thinking the box of 25 pills be taken by one of the fighters, although, another character with a lot of mobility, like the scout could be another good solution, to sort of become the back-up healer...

As for the super stretchy potion, well, whoever doesn't get anything , I guess... I honestly have no idea what exactly the game mechanics are and how useful it will actually be...
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.