OOC, Metagame and Pot Pouirri

load previous
Sep 24, 2015 9:41 pm
Diego is going to recurse into a sassy black woman that don't need no man! (or not)
Sep 24, 2015 9:42 pm
HA! Oh that'll be fun.
Also, was the 5 might damage to everyone then? I saw it posted twice.
Last edited September 24, 2015 9:43 pm
Sep 24, 2015 10:02 pm
Yup, translating is the right word. Your focus changes, and some skills. So Eli would still be a "sharp eyed vector" but the "who collects bounties" would become something more appropriate, like "who slays dragons". You generally get some local knowledge as well so you know how stuff works.
Sep 24, 2015 10:07 pm
Ah, cool. I look forward to that!
Oct 3, 2015 5:51 pm
Sorry for the text dump, just a little bit of exposition here... Figured I'd post some lengthy posts just to get through it.
Oct 3, 2015 6:28 pm
It's all good. Nice to know done backstory. We're we supposed to find something for the old lady or did I read it wrong?
Oct 3, 2015 6:29 pm
Nevermind. Re-read it. Portal. Gotcha.
Oct 8, 2015 12:09 am
Was that too much, did I lose you?
Oct 8, 2015 12:17 am
LOL Uh, I don't know about anyone else, but I'm not sure where to go with this...
Oct 8, 2015 12:33 am
My intention is that your characters now know how to Translate. So, you can go through the portal and explore, Translating to Tombstone Station when it suits you, or wreck the portal and go elsewhere.
Oct 8, 2015 12:59 am
Ah, I see. Well if Tombstone Station is the place we're wanting to go, we can get there from "The Alamo", right? AJ does not want to through that portal.
Last edited October 8, 2015 10:54 am
Oct 8, 2015 10:53 am
To borrow from a "western" movie quote, "What's wrong, dude, you yellow?! That's what I think, you yellow belly." :-)
Oct 8, 2015 10:54 am
"Call me what you will, but I'm no fool!"
Oct 16, 2015 4:53 am
I'm kinda behind here, but Ill get the Tombstone Station stuff on track this weekend. Have a look at the entry in the thread Recursions... Switching to a new recursion allows (sometimes requires) you to change your focus. I skipped over that during the translation training montage, but we should get into it here.

Also, make a note of your original focus in your character sheet for the Rio Grande recursion - if you go back there, that's the one you would have.
Oct 16, 2015 5:24 am
Makes sense. I figured as we translated somewhere else we would be told about and given the options of new focuses.
Oct 19, 2015 4:37 am
We need too deal with some game mechanics issues before we get into Tombstone Station. Namely, you need to choose a new focus for each of your characters. There are some sample ones listed in the Recursion thread for Tombstone Station, but any from the Mad Science group should work. Here is a semi complete list:

Adapts to Any Environment* (D)
Aspires to Be Posthuman
Builds Robots
Controls Nanomachines
Fights Aliens
Fires a Blaster
Grows to Towering Heights
Infiltrates*
Integrates Weaponry*
Is a Cyborg
Metamorphosizes*
Pilots Starcraft
Processes Information*
Projects Energy
Regenerates Tissue*
Rejuvenates the Infirm
Resides in Silicon
Sculpts Light
Spawns*
Wears an Iron Suit

*foci marked with am asterisk are in the Core rulebook

If you don't have the rulebook with a particular foci described in it, I can probably copy some of the text for you.

Lastly, Diego's is draggable if you want to keep that one.
Oct 19, 2015 11:03 am
If those with * are in the core rulebook, where are the others from?
Oct 19, 2015 1:11 pm
I think that the others are from In Translation, which is where I got the list from.
Oct 19, 2015 1:26 pm
Well I don't have anything for The Strange (just Numenera). "Sculpts Light" sounds interesting. "Fires a Blaster" seems to stay close to who AJ already is. Care to give me a taste of what those are?
Oct 19, 2015 1:53 pm
Fires a Blaster
Equipment: Clothing appropriate to your recursion (in Ruk, a bodysuit and an umbilical), slicksuit, light armor, a blaster of your choice (light, medium, or heavy), and an account with 50 bits.
Tier 1: Practiced With Blasters. You are practiced with using blasters and suffer no penalty when using one. If you’re already
practiced with using blasters, you instead deal 1 additional point of damage with them. Enabler
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.