1.6 - Under the Dome

load previous
Jun 18, 2015 12:34 am
Looking at the doorway, Utazó and Khoren focus on the door. The blue field, the 'Barrier' as Ryss called it, seems to be gorwing thicker and more dense. It appears to be closing around it and getting thicker. You can still see the hall behind it, but the view is getting more and more obscured.

Yui smiles and takes a half step forward for a moment. Ryss is alluring, but something seems off. Yui takes another half step and it hits her (or doesn't), this woman does not smell. The leaves of her 'armor' would help her to blend in, but even those seem odorless.

Darazen, listening intently to Ryss tries to picture the queen he saw in the commanders mind. Yes, she had long red hair, but too many other differences and he is positive this is not her. He uses his mind and training to reach out to Ryss to get some answers. (PM to Darazen)
Jun 18, 2015 12:54 am
"Lady Ryss, are you a projection?"
Jun 18, 2015 5:56 am
[After hearing Darazen's question]

"No offense intended, hey?" With a retch Yui pulls backward, jerking forward again to spit as hard as she can at Ryss.

Yui wants to test Darazen's theory and see what happens when the spit hits Ryss. Hopefully somewhere conspicuous.

Rolls

Precise spit attack on Ryss-speed - (1d20)

(14) = 14

Jun 18, 2015 2:36 pm
Ooc: personal message sent to GM.

Rolls

Intellect - Numenera, specialized, effort, book - (1d20)

(11) = 11

Jun 19, 2015 3:29 pm
A very mucus filled spit flies from Yui's mouth and lands on Ryss, hitting her square in the chest. She steps back, a bit appalled and shocked, "Now that is no way to treat a lady. I am shocked at such....barbarism."

At that time, the tree animals start howling and grunting. Looking at Darazen, "And you? You think I am a projection? I assure you, I am not."

Ryss reaches into a pocket or fold in her armor and pulls out a small cloth. She proceeds to clean off the mucus that has descended on her armor. She lifts the cloth in the air and it disappears in a blink of light. "Now, about the matter of your trespassing...."

As Khoren and Utazó turn towards the door, they hear the ruckus level rise. The barrier has all but completely obscured the door. As a matter of fact if they were not staring at it, if either turned away and turned back, they may not be able to find it again (15% chance to see it). The door control panel beside it is completely obscured (5% to find it, 80% if you know where the door is).

Ryss looks back at Yui....

Everyone roll Initiative
Jun 19, 2015 11:54 pm
As something is obviously going wrong, Yui unsheathes two daggers and points one of them at Ryss' throat, backing up the warning with a homicidal twitchiness.

As Ryss hasn't outright proved yet that she is a threat, Yui won't attack her, but if she does anything even slightly malicious Yui won't hesitate to attack as fast as possible.

Rolls

initiative - (1d20)

(11) = 11

Jun 20, 2015 2:12 am
Hearing the commotion behind her, Utazó's attention turns away from the door and towards Ryss. She takes a step back as her hand finds the hilt of her sword.

Rolls

Initiative [Trained] - (1d20)

(10) = 10

Jun 20, 2015 6:45 am
Darazen visibly rolls his eyes at Yui's crude behavior, and to make sure the host is aware that they aren't all disrespectful he says, "Really, Yui? No, really?"

Hoping to rescue the rapidly deteriorating situation, he puts his hands up to show he isn't armed and says, "Lady Ryss, we come in peace, we mean you no harm! Please forgive my crude friend. We thought you were an illusion, but I'm sure there are better ways the test that theory."

Rolls

Initiative - (1d20)

(6) = 6

Jun 20, 2015 12:56 pm
Khoren feels the tension rise behind him, and the wet sound of spit. Reluctantly he turns his eyes from the vanishing door and prepares to face some new horror.

Rolls

Initiative - (1d20)

(5) = 5

Jun 22, 2015 12:16 am
Round 1

Utazó: Turns from the door and faces Ryss. Her hand falls to the hilt of her sword as she faces Ryss.

Ryss: "Now, about your trespassing and very rude behavior.... " She gestures and several tree creatures hoot and growl.

One tree creature leaps to the ground in front of Yui, putting itself between Yui and Ryss. It is bipedal, covered in brown fur and carrying a stick. It's eyes are silver and shiney, almost like a mirror. Its face looks almost man like and it is hard to tell whether it is smiling or baring its teeth.

Another jumps down about 15 ft in front Utazó, just out of reach. Holding up its stick, it hoots and also flashes its teeth.

At the same time, two more leap down; one in front of Darazen and another in front of Khoren. Each brandish a stick, and each grunts, howls and bares its teeth in a smile.

Yui: IN a flash, Yui has two daggers in hand and is easing back. She is careful not to throw them, but is trying to show that she means business.

Darazen: Raises in hands in a gesture he hopes to show a form of submission or surrender (to prove he is un-armed). He states that they come in peace, though through the corner of his eye, he sees Yui draw her daggers. He gestures a slight downward motion in hopes that both sides will disarm just as a tree creature lands in front of him.

Khoren: Khoren thinks better, but still turns as he hears to commotion behind him. Hands go to weapons, but he keeps them drawn.

Ryss steps back 2 steps and the lights that brought her her flash, drawing up and down and with the line between. She smiles at Darazen and says, "I am NOT projection." On her third step, she steps through and the lines close, she is gone.
Jun 22, 2015 12:36 am
Seeing the creature in front of her Utazó tightens the grip on her sword and partially unsheathes it. She holds her off hand up and open towards the beast in an effort to calm it.

OOC: At this point she'll take a Wait action. If the creature moves towards her in a threatening manner she will attack it when it's in range.

Rolls

Attack [If needed] - (1d20)

(12) = 12

Jun 22, 2015 3:46 am
Darazen is disappointed that Ryss failed to acknowledge his attempt to quell the tension. Leaving the imminent battle was not only cowardly but also appeared to leave no room for diplomacy. It didn't look like these trees and monkeys would listen to reason if Ryss herself wouldn't. None-the-less, Darazen attempts one last desperate draw on his knowledge of creature to determine if they are intelligent enough to reason with.

ooc: I don't think scan needs a roll but creature knowledge does
Last edited June 22, 2015 3:49 am

Rolls

Intellect - scan with knowledge creature trained - (1d20)

(3) = 3

Jun 22, 2015 1:08 pm
Khoren will use his Push esotery to fling the stick expert in front of him toward some soft looking bushes.
Jun 22, 2015 4:25 pm
"My methods do have a habit of breaking down peace talks. Sorry, Darazen." Yui smiles at Darazen apologetically before rushing at the ape, leaping with a spin into the air before bringing both daggers swinging down.
Last edited June 22, 2015 5:53 pm

Rolls

Dagger attack - (1d20)

(4) = 4

dagger attack - (1d20)

(20) = 20

Jun 22, 2015 6:42 pm
Round 2

Utazó: She raises her (left) hand trying to calm the animal (TC1), hoping to avoid bloodshed as these animals have not yet attacked (they are just noisey). Still, her (right) hand is prepared with her sword half drawn and readied.

Tree Creatures:

Tree Creature 1 (TC1): The creature in front of Utazó screams and dances, shaking its stick but stays out of immediate reach.

Tree Creature 2 (TC2): The creature in front of Yui howls and hops back and forth, shaking its stick but stays out of immediate reach.

Tree Creature 3 (TC3): The creature in front of Darazen smiles and shakes its stick but stays out of immediate reach.

Tree Creature 4 (TC4): The creature in front of Khoren rocks back and forth on his feet, knees bent like it might spring at any moment, but stays put with its stick raised.

Yui: Smiling and explaining her peace keeping techniques to Darazen, Yui leaps at her opponent (TC2) and strikes out with both daggers. In mid air, she swings and misses. She lands in a crouch and springs back, catching the tree creature in a critical area. The creature screams and disappears, leaving the stick in the air.

Darazen: With a small motion, Darazen scans the creature in front of him (TC3). Tasking his memory, he tries to identify the creatures from their Numenera classifications.

Khoren: Khoren raises his hand the gives a pushing motion as he concentrates on the creature(TC4) in front of him. From its rocking position, it is tossed back into a soft looking bush. A bit stunned, it drops its stick and disappears.

Remember, tell me what you are doing, followed roll to achieve it. If you are attacked, you will need a (second) defense roll.
Jun 22, 2015 9:49 pm
Utazó relaxes a bit as the creature in front of her fails to attack. Drawing her sword the rest of the way but not really threatening anything with it she turns her attention towards Ryss to see how she seems to be reacting to all of this.

Rolls

Perception - (1d20)

(3) = 3

Jun 23, 2015 3:07 am
(Ooc: Ryss has gone... Also I've been advised by GM that "tree creatures" are not trees, but monkeys, so I am correcting my post below)

Darazen continues to raise his hands, maybe a futile gesture now, but at least he doesn't need them if he has to defend himself.

"Listen folks, this might sound crazy, but I don't think the tree creatures are the threat here... Keep your eyes on the sticks!"

Darazen really does all he can to avoid combat. It seems to him that the party are way off track, and fighting creatures that appear to have little to do with the Queen does seem futile.

Watching the creature and its stick, especially the stick, Darazen prepares to dodge.
Last edited June 23, 2015 1:11 pm

Rolls

Dodge - speed - (1d20)

(11) = 11

Jun 23, 2015 4:54 am
Quote:
The creature screams and disappears, leaving the stick in the air.
It's levitating?

As there is no immediate threat and trusting the others, Yui reaches for the floating stick before reconsidering at the last second, poking it with a dagger instead. What's up with this thing? Is it safe?

Rolls

examine floating stick-perception - (1d20)

(16) = 16

Jun 29, 2015 10:59 pm
(ooc: Khoren....we are waiting on you)
Jun 30, 2015 2:22 am
Khoren waits for something else to happen. He is uncertain as to the motivations of the creatures and is unwilling to provoke them further.
Last edited June 30, 2015 2:26 am
load next

Thread locked