1.6 - Under the Dome

load previous
Jun 30, 2015 5:03 pm
Round 3

Utazó: Drawing her sword from its sheath, Utazó turns to look for Ryss. Ryss is no where to be seen. Still, Utazó does not raise her blade. The furry creature from the trees (TC1) steps back into a crouch, preparing to jump.

Tree Creatures:

Tree Creature 1 (TC1): The creature in front of Utazó crouches, screams and dances, shaking its stick but stays out of immediate reach.

Tree Creature 2 (TC2): Disappears (blinks out of existence) after Yui hit it.

Tree Creature 3 (TC3): The creature in front of Darazen snorts and shakes its stick but stays out of immediate reach.

Tree Creature 4 (TC4): Has disappeared (blinking out of existence)

Yui: Yui sees the stick hanging in the air. She starts to reach for it, then decides better and pokes it with her dagger. "OWW!", she hears and a small electrical charge hits Yui through her dagger. "Watch who you are poking with that thing!" (Yui: Speed defense: Level 3 - Succeed, take a single point of damage and keep hold of your dagger. Fail take 3 points of damage and drop your dagger.)

Darazen: Darazen was unable to learn much from his scan, but he is pretty positive the furry creatures from the trees are not the problem here. He keeps his hands raised in a peaceful gesture at (TC3).

Khoren: Surprised by the sudden disappearance of the forth furry creature from the trees (TC3), Khoren decides to hold his actions.

Remember, tell me what you are doing, followed roll to achieve it. If you are attacked, you will need a (second) defense roll.
Jun 30, 2015 8:38 pm
After either succeeding or failing to dodge the electrical charge, Yui looks at the stick incredulously.

"Can you...talk? What the hell are you? (is it a magic item? A masterfully crafted illusion? Or simply a sentient stick?)"

Yui smirks. "Look, I didn't mean to hurt you, sorry, really. Wanna talk?"

Rolls

speed defense - (1d20)

(1) = 1

Jun 30, 2015 9:15 pm
After seeing Yui take damage, Khoren leaps to attack the one screaming at Utazo, drawing the second punch dagger as he goes.

Rolls

Punch dagger attack 1, TC1 - (1d20)

(4) = 4

Punch dagger attack 2, TC1 - (1d20)

(1) = 1

Jun 30, 2015 10:55 pm
Utazó, still not sure what to make of what is going on, will keep her blade drawn and move towards the creature in front of her.
Jun 30, 2015 11:33 pm
Darazen focuses a physical onslaught on the stick wielded by the monkey in front of him.

Rolls

Onslaught - effort - physical - (1d20)

(13) = 13

Jul 7, 2015 4:25 pm
Round 4

Utazó: Confused, Utazó steps forward towards the creature in front of her (TC1), sword drawn, but not making an attack move.

Tree Creatures:

Tree Creature 1 (TC1): From its crouch, it springs up into the trees, grabbing limb and branch to lift it above the fray.

Tree Creature 2 (TC2): The twig left floating in the air lets out a bit of a yelp and flys upward into the trees.

Tree Creature 3 (TC3): The creature reals in pain after Darazen's attack on its stick. It screams and disappears (blinking out of existance). The stick screams and flys into the air, above the party and into the trees.

Yui: Yui drops her dagger with a twitch of pain and a reflexive action.

Darazen: Darazen makes an onslaught attack, focussing on the stick and not the monkey holding it. (TC3). The fur creature disappears and the stick flies away.

Khoren: Khoren decides enough is enough when he sees Yui flinch. He leaps between the Utazó and the furry creature (TC1) just as it starts to jump up. Try as he might to pull and ready the second punch dagger, he fumbles and it gets stuck. He rolls into a squat, "Wait a minute... I got this", fumbling more and trying to recover, "gimme a second..."
"WAAAIIIT!", a very low thunderous voice entones, "They do not appear to intend harm!"

In response, several smaller, lighter voices are heard to protest, "But they came through... they have weapons... that one poked me...."

"QUIET!" and a hush falls over the woods. "My apologies, they are harmless, mostly." You all look around, the voice seems to be surrounding you, coming from all directions.

"My apologies, no more 'games', shall we?", and with that one of the trees moves, it's limbs shaking as a few birds who had nested fly away. The tree's roots seem to move the dirt around them as this tree, some forty feet tall 'swims' toward the party. He shakes his limbs again and smaller limbs fall to the ground, stopping just above and float.

"My name is Agesm and I am true in this world. I have been the caretaker of this glade for some... time. Time does not seem to mean the same thing to everyone. Something I think Ryss was trying to explain."

He waves over the sticks, "These are my sub-children. They are me, but have a mind of their own. They help me tend the grove and defend it when needed. One of them MAY eventually grew to replace me when I grew too tired, but that is a long time from now."

You look at this tree and think back to the creature you all rescued, Birtwood was it? Could this be...

"I assume you came from the homeworld, the place of all of our birth?", it raises a limb to point at blue marble near the horizon. "It makes me happy to hear there are still children of children of children still thriving there."

"But, I digress. I assume you came through the barrier for a reason. I mean, so few do come through and those who do are often lost, but you all seem to have an air about you. You did not immediately start hacking down my breathern and even when provoked, you did not take an offensive posture. How can I help you today?"

Remember, tell me what you are doing, followed roll to achieve it. If you are attacked, you will need a (second) defense roll.
Jul 7, 2015 5:30 pm
Darazen continues to stand with his arms up in a submissive gesture. He recognizes the "tree creature" (ooc: wink) as being similar to Birtwood.

Speaking aloud he says, "Greetings, we sincerely mean no harm. We have had a tough journey, attacked by many creatures, so my friends are a little twitchy and battle weary. Thank you for not attacking us."

As he speaks he draws on his creature knowledge to confirm his suspicions that this creature is similar to Birtwood.

Rolls

Intellect - knowledge creature - effort, trained - (1d20)

(18) = 18

Jul 7, 2015 7:44 pm
Merlin says:
Darazen continues to stand with his arms up in a submissive gesture. He recognizes the "tree creature" (ooc: wink) as being similar to Birtwood.

Speaking aloud he says, "Greetings, we sincerely mean no harm. We have had a tough journey, attacked by many creatures, so my friends are a little twitchy and battle weary. Thank you for not attacking us."

As he speaks he draws on his creature knowledge to confirm his suspicions that this creature is similar to Birtwood.
Well genetically speaking, he is a branch of the family tree. You do notice some major differences though. First, he spoke of age and he is very old. Secondly, Birtwood used two primary limbs (pierce and Bash) and Agesm looks like a tree with many limbs. There does not appear to be a mouth, least not that you have seen. He also speaks common (which Birtwood had to learn). There also no eye stalk. So while yes, they are both plant based, they have little in common otherwise.
Jul 7, 2015 8:42 pm
"Mr Agesm, may I ask you a question?" Assuming the answer is yes, because no one ever says no to being asked a question, Darazen adds, "Have you heard of the Redhaired Queen? Have you heard of Birtwood? Have you heard of the Assassin's Heart?" He smiles knowingly, "That's three questions, isn't it?"
Jul 7, 2015 9:56 pm
Carefully listening to the conversation between Agesm and Darazen, Utazó sheaths her sword and awaits any answers that Agesm may have.
Jul 7, 2015 11:15 pm
Khoren brushes imaginary lint off of his dagger holster and then purposefully looks at no one in particular. He wraps his cloak around him, and watches Agesm and Darazen converse. He then begins to examine his surroundings for more of the pesky phantasms, or for anything else that may harm them. He also looks for signs that they are no longer in the moonbase.

Rolls

Perception - (1d20)

(5) = 5

Jul 8, 2015 12:27 am
As what she thought was a simple overgrown root begins to "swim" and start talking, Yui lets out a low whistle. There's always something new to see. Incredible.

Yui does nothing but smile at the tree with her signature grin, genuinely happy at the sight of the moving tree.
Jul 10, 2015 4:15 am
Khoren, looking around, finds the furry tree creatures gone. He finds it hard to discern between the trees and the floating sticks. He looks closer at where the door and the wall were and finds that the barrier seems to mimic the shades and colors around it so well that he cannot see the edge or the wall.

"Mr Agesm? I've not been referred to by title in .... well since before your parents parents parents parents." It is hard to say if he turned or if the wind blew in a slightly different direction. "Darazen, is it? Well, Mr Darazen, you are filled with questions and I am sure that when I have answered these, you will have more still. Let me see if I can answer what you ask.

"A red-haired queen? I have seen many a red-headed female humanoid in my time. I tend to favor the ginger, though don't ask me why." He shakes a limb and sounds whispers through his leaves and a light appears in front of him. It splits and folds and out steps 'Ryss' in her head headed beauty. "Like 'Ryss' here, she is a red head, but can also be", a shuffled of leaves and her hair turns jet black, "something else. She is my eyes, ears and voice when I do not want to alarm someone too much. It is a trick I've taught my youngling, who use the fur-creatures." A small limb waves in a breeze and 'Ryss' disappears again.

"By the way, Ms Utazó, I liked what you did, to try to diffuse the situation which was why I let it go a bit further. Well done."

"Ms Yui? I am curious where you learned to move like the. I think my younglins would want to learn a few of those moves as they mimic the fur creatures movements at times."

"Now, Mr Darazen, to your other questions. I know not of this Birtwood. Is he or she a friend of yours that you might be searching for? I know I have not seen anyone come through the portal in .... maybe 10 of what you call years."

"And as for this 'Assassins Heart', I have told you all I know of something like that, something called the 'inquisitor's soul' (June 16, 2015 10:02 pm).
Jul 10, 2015 6:01 am
"I dunno, honestly. It's just how I move. Maybe it's calisthenics a tree needs?"

"To pile you with more questions, where...well, what exactly is 'this' place? I mean this dome and the forest, this entire complex, this entire moon?"

"Okay, fine. That's confusing. What exactly is this station we're on?"
Jul 10, 2015 11:53 pm
"I think I know where Birtwood is. He's like you, and communicates with lights. He has some sort of artifact merged with him. I'm not sure but it might be the Assassin's Heart. I'd like to get back to him but don't know how."
Jul 11, 2015 1:50 am
Khoren lurks near the doorway. Wondering at the illusions, he reaches out and attempts to find the wall and the door they came through.
Jul 11, 2015 4:25 pm
Utazó nods to Agesm as he mentions her name and then stands quietly as Darazen and Yui continue to ask questions.
Jul 12, 2015 4:57 pm
Khoren takes time to try to find the door again. The "barrier" has resumed its natural function and has blended the walls into the natural surroundings (ooc: think walls of a the holodeck from ST:TNG). Pressing forward (or in this case, backwards) produces no results. The door seems to have vanished. (Perception check) (GM Note: Once "blended", the task to find the door is "immortal" in difficulty (lvl 9). Use whatever resources you can, telling me how you think they might help)

Darazen reports the similarities to Agesm between Birthwood and Agesm and realizes as he is discussing it, they really are too difference species. "This Birtwood sounds like an interesting character, someone I would like to meet someday." (Intellect check after hearing this and what he tells Yui and you)

Yui poses more questions to which Agesm responds, "Moon base? Dome? Well, I am not sure of those terms. I know that we are here. This is called Dobitatsi. It has always been here. It is said that we all descend from the mother, the blue marble that crosses the sky. When I came to be, some several hundred of your years ago, I was told to protect and nurture this glade. I know little more than what is about me, what I hear from the hunters when they travel this far the city, and once a traveler came through the barrier. This traveler, Darazen, searched for years to find the way back, but finally gave up. I think his name was Cisc. He built a small shack. If I remember, it is about a mile or two south of here, near a bend in the river.

Utazó stands near a tree, weapon stored, but ready. She listens intently the questions and answers.
Jul 12, 2015 5:44 pm
Darazen says, "Maybe you are related to Birtwood? Distantly related across time and space?"

Darazen looks deflated at the news that Cisc never found a way home. "Can we visit this shack? It might have some clues on how we can get home."

Rolls

Intellect - effort (trained if creatures) - (1d20)

(8) = 8

Jul 13, 2015 3:49 am
"Okay, enough chit chat. We should find that cabin and explore the rest of this area."

Yui will start heading to the cabin to the south.
load next

Thread locked