1.6 - Under the Dome

load previous
Jul 14, 2015 2:37 am
Utazó, still listening, starts to work her way towards Darazen in anticipation that the rest of the group will shortly follow after Yui towards the cabin once the conversation is finished.
Jul 15, 2015 6:58 pm
Gathering all your stuff and wits together, Yui leads the party walking south. She starts one way, then turns and takes a few steps, pauses and scratches her head. "Which way is south?"

Agesm seems amused, his limbs shaking and a chortle can be heard. A branch reaches down and the grass clears away to a loose dirt floor. "Allow me" and the dirt starts to create a pattern. Small mounds form and little tree sprout up. A small spring of water forms and makes like a small riverway, flowing into a lake. A small diorama forms (Note, the Arrow points WEST):

http://www.numeneraJournals.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/07/Map-Dobitatsi-600x400.gif

Agesm states the shack is south, along the river, near the second bend. You are roughly here, pointing to just east of the mouth of the river, near the top of the map.
Jul 16, 2015 1:34 pm
Darazen shrugs. "Mr Agesm, how far is it to the shack? When we were outside the dome looked 2 miles across, so I assume it's less than 2 miles?"
Jul 16, 2015 1:40 pm
Khoren looks at Agesm and says "thank you" for the beautifully 'enacted' map. He sighs and leaves the doorway area to get a better look at the map.
Jul 16, 2015 3:55 pm
Qralloq says:
Khoren looks at Agesm and says "thank you" for the beautifully 'enacted' map. He sighs and leaves the doorway area to get a better look at the map.
Wher u going to roll a perception or anything?
Jul 16, 2015 4:01 pm
Merlin says:
Darazen shrugs. "Mr Agesm, how far is it to the shack? When we were outside the dome looked 2 miles across, so I assume it's less than 2 miles?"
"The shack is roughly 8 pasecs from here", he pauses, "about 5 miles as you call them. As for the dome, as you call it, no....it is much larger....I don't know exactly as I have not traveled its distance, but from what I have been told, it is 160 to 170 pasecs from edge to edge, if you can find the edge. I think that is is about 100 of you miles or so. "
Jul 16, 2015 4:23 pm
"Wow, 100 miles?? I've heard of statistical errors, but Vult was way off with his 2 mile estimate!!"

Darazen pauses and looks around. "Wait a minute! Where is Vult? Didn't he make it through the door? Oh, and where's the door?"
Jul 16, 2015 5:15 pm
"Okay, five miles, come on!"
Jul 16, 2015 11:18 pm
grandmaster says:
Qralloq says:
Wher u going to roll a perception or anything?
OOC: I can't hit a 27, even with effort.
Jul 17, 2015 11:03 am
"Well, we can either find the hut or find the door. I'll try, maybe someone can help me?"

"Nope, it's pretty hidden. Hut it is then."
Last edited July 17, 2015 11:04 am

Rolls

Intellect - Numenera, effort, specialized, book - (1d20)

(8) = 8

Jul 17, 2015 2:46 pm
"Might as well get a move on then!"
Jul 19, 2015 3:30 pm
You gather your things and head south. The river flows south, it grows wider and deeper as more creeks add to it. After two miles, the river runs deep and is about 20 yards wide. Animals scatter as you approach and after another three miles, the river bends again. According to the drawing Agesm made, the shack should be around here somewhere. Looking around, you see a small clearing across the river.

(perception checks)
Jul 19, 2015 3:59 pm
Utazó stops and takes a gander around.

Rolls

Perception Check - (1d20)

(7) = 7

Jul 19, 2015 3:59 pm
"Hmmm, according to Agesm the shack should be around here somewhere."

Darazen draws on his trained memory to match the surroundings with the map to locate the shack.

Rolls

Intellect - perception with training (memory), effort - (1d20)

(20) = 20

Jul 19, 2015 4:42 pm
Khoren enjoys the peaceful walk through the countryside and attempts to gain the others insight into where they might be. "It seems that this dome is much larger than I had expected from that crater we were in. Are we underground perhaps?"

Rolls

Perception - (1d20)

(2) = 2

Jul 20, 2015 5:25 pm
Utazó and Yui, leading the group, start looking. Across the river, in the clearing stands a small cabin. It appears to be in surprisingly good repair considering Cisc has been gone for many years. The river has a decent current, but still looks swimable. The far shore varies from 45 - 70 feet across.

Khoren ponders the location. Looking up, the sky is bright and blue and goes on for a great distance. It would be hard pressed that this in underground. Still, it would appear that it is much larger in the dome than outside of it.

Darazen pauses a moment and looks around. He tries to map in his head the diorama Agesm showed them. This is the bend and the clearing supports that. The shack should be here and the cabin is right there, on the other side of the river. Darazen closes his eyes and pictures the map again. The dot was right on the bend. "I know little more than what is about me", Agesm said.
Jul 20, 2015 11:37 pm
"It's over the river! Damn, I really don't like swimming. And the hut looks in great condition for an abandoned shack."

Darazen walks to the bank and says, "oh well, I guess the only way to cross is to swim. I hope I don't drown."

Rolls

Might - swim - (1d20)

(18) = 18

Jul 21, 2015 12:28 am
Working along the Wyr most of her life, Utazó is no stranger to swimming. Checking her pack to make sure her items are secure she wades into the river until it's deep enough and then starts to swim for the far shore.

Rolls

Might (w/effort) - Swimming - (1d20)

(12) = 12

Jul 22, 2015 3:17 am
Doing the same as Utazo and putting her katana on her shoulder, Yui looks for the shortest swim before entering the stream.

Rolls

swim-might - (1d20)

(8) = 8

Jul 23, 2015 2:52 pm
From the side of the river, Darazen steps into the water and starts to swim across. Utazó wades in next to him and after a few minutes, it looks like the two are racing each other. Utazó has definitely spent time on rivers and is no stranger to water. Her strokes are fluid and sharp. Darazen though, keeps up and reaches the far first. He turns to check on the others as Utazó stands in the shallow water. (Utazó and Darazen: perception checks)

Yui started just after Utazó, but the current is stronger than she expected. She is not struggling to swim, but is being pulled further down stream than Utazó and Darazen were. (Yui: Another swim check)

Khoren can be seen still standing on the far shore. He has a look on his face as he is not sure if he should try to swim, wait where he is or see if he can find a more narrow option.
load next

Thread locked