Ravenloft game thread

load previous
Jul 15, 2015 4:19 pm
"Agreed, if this Burgomaster is in league with the evil Vampyr he needs to be stopped. If only to stop those wolves from terrorizing more villagers. There is something most unnatural in the way those wolves behaved."

Sindar makes ready to move to the Burgmaster's estate.
Jul 15, 2015 6:24 pm
Grizel stands up and nods her agreement. She is visibly angered by the poor woman's plight. "You're right. Let's pay this Burgomaster a visit. Then we'll deal with this Strahd." The paladin spins on her heel, strides down the stairs and mounts her steed.
Jul 15, 2015 7:00 pm
Katerina, looking down at the sullen woman, takes another day's ration out of her bag and gives it to the woman. "We will return, one way or the other, and when we do, you will know then the fate of your dearest Gertrude. Stay alive until that moment, for only then will you truly know if yet your happiness lives." She looks at the woman. "You must needs have heard, we are here to punish this evil."

Though she is last to leave, she pushes herself to the front of the column to help lead on to the Burgomaster's mansion. She walks with purpose as she pushes forward into the mists. "The quality of mercy shall not be bestowed this creature of the night."

Rolls

Perception - (1d20+5)

(17) + 5 = 22

Jul 16, 2015 12:15 am
Grizel resists the urge to gallop ahead, leaving the group behind, and slay this Burgomaster all by herself. Instead she rides beside Katerina at the front of the party as the odd woman strides along purposefully. In the short time they have been adventuring together Grizel has come to respect the other woman's fighting skill but still knows very little about her. There was mention of a search for a man - a father or an uncle, or was it a mentor? Grizel decides to make an effort to get know the woman when the present business is over.

What manner of foul immortal must this Strahd be to lord over this land for a century? No matter, this is precisely the kind of tyranny that Grizel has sworn to end. But first, this Burgomaster. Remembering the wolf ambush, she keeps a sharp lookout.
OOC: Grizel activates Divine Sense. Also, here's a Perception check.

Rolls

Perception - (1d20+3)

(9) + 3 = 12

Jul 16, 2015 10:05 am
Mary thanks you quietly, and seems to be in agreement. Her sobbing seems to have ceased entirely.

Remember that your perception checks will be at disadvantage due to the thick mist, which lightly obscures anything at 10ft, and heavily obscures anything at 20ft. However, all you find are more boarded up building as you walk south down this straight road.

One building is a larger plan like a guest house, and is not fortified like the others. You pass this on your left immediately after leaving Mary's.

After pressing about 70ft further through the mist, you approach the estate. A weary-looking mansion squats behind a rusting iron fence. The iron gates are twisted and torn. The right gate lies cast aside while the left swings crazily in the wind. The stuttering squeal and clang of the gate repeats with mindless precision. Weeds choke the grounds and press with menace upon the house itself. Yet, against the walls, the growth has been trodden under to form a path all about the domain. Heavy claw markings have stripped the once-beautiful finish of the walls. Great black blottings tell of the fires that have assailed the walls. Not a pane nor shard of glass stands in any window. All the windows are barred with heavy planking, each plank marked with stains of evil omen.

You estimate the mansion to be approximately 120 feet long east to west and 50 feet wide north to south. The door ahead of you is nestled firmly shut.
Jul 16, 2015 3:09 pm
Iskandil will find a bit of wood to wedge in the gate to stop it clanging. Then he will thump on the door with his staff.

"We have come in answer to your summons, burgomaster," he calls out loudly. Then he mutters to the others. "Looks like he's had some trouble. Wolves and fire. Do vampyrs use fire?"
Jul 16, 2015 3:25 pm
It is a short time before you get a response. You hear a muffled female voice from behind the door. "Who visits me at this hour? Ismark, is that you?"
Jul 16, 2015 4:08 pm
The second comment, clearly meant for the group and not those inside, gets a raised eyebrow from Lysander.

edit: The names are similar and I read to fast. Forgive my screw up
Last edited July 16, 2015 6:44 pm
Jul 16, 2015 4:32 pm
Sindar cringes as Iskandil boldly walks up and raps on the door with his staff. He takes a position out of direct line of sight if the door were to fly open, and readies his crossbows.
Jul 16, 2015 5:19 pm
"It is not your Ismark here, Burgomaster. Instead it is we, brave adventurers who have heeded your call for aid. Prithy you open this door and show us hospitallity that we may discuss the manner of ill that affects this land."

Katerina looks about for the source of the voice as well as any obvious traps.

Rolls

Perception (Disadvantage) - (1d20+5)

(18) + 5 = 23

Perception (Disadvantage) - (1d20+5)

(10) + 5 = 15

Jul 16, 2015 6:08 pm
Grizel noticed an evil presence in the unboarded house as you passed

You do not see anyone nearby, but it is certain that the voice comes from the door.

It opens: "please come in. My name is Ireena Kolyana and I think I could use your help."

Rolls

Secret Roll

Secret Roll

Jul 16, 2015 6:16 pm
While Katerina is speaking with Ireena, Grizel whispers so only her companions will hear: "I sense evil in that unboarded house we passed close to Mary's. But nothing to fear here, it seems."
Last edited July 17, 2015 3:34 am
Jul 17, 2015 6:20 am
"Ireena Kolyana is a name I have heard in the past. Informed was I of your condition and I tarry not to inform you that we are not experts in medicine. Tell me, Ireena Kolyana, what has become of your father?" As Katerina speaks, she approaches the door. She stays at least ten feet away from outside of the house. She keeps her hands in plain sight and not on guard. She presents a vulnerable target in her posture.
Jul 17, 2015 9:22 am
She seems intrigued, but not offended, and opens the door, stepping out a little: "It is suspicious that you know my name, and of my wound. Unfortunately my father passed a tenday ago. The other villagers refuse burial and will not approach me. Come in, I shall explain the situation and provide what hospitality I can."

It is obvious that some evil is snarling in the mist behind you. Ireena widens her eyes, and beckons you in with haste: "those dogs are here, hurry in!"

Rolls

Secret Roll

Jul 17, 2015 1:45 pm
Lysander readies his shield and mace and moves behind the group to guard their backs. "All well and good, but we have animals. Do you have a stable we might use to protect them?"
Jul 17, 2015 2:21 pm
Grizel, unmounted, wheels her warhorse around. "My horse'll fight alongside me, won't you, Alastor?" She draws her sword. "Who else is with me?" Grizel draws her palm against the edge of her sword, drawing blood. She takes her amulet in her bloody hand and raises it, chanting.
OOC: Grizel readies Bane spell at Level 2 (up to four targets). The trigger is when the wolves are in sight and in range (30ft)
Last edited July 17, 2015 7:28 pm
Jul 17, 2015 2:57 pm
She speaks rapidly: "I see. You look like capable fighters, and with war mounts. I shall assist you."

She draws a sharp dagger.

(More rolls, map and order to come. I have rolled HP for Hotay and Steel...let me know if you already have. Alastor's stats belong to Grizel)

Sindar (28)
Worg (21)
Steel (18)
Iskandil (17)
Lysander (14)
Ireena (11)
Grizel (READY) and Alastor (8)
Hotay (7)
Faelor/Katerina (7 - you decide)

Rolls

Secret Roll

Secret Roll

Secret Roll

Secret Roll

Secret Roll

Secret Roll

Secret Roll

Secret Roll

Secret Roll

Secret Roll

Secret Roll

Secret Roll

Secret Roll

Secret Roll

Hotay IN - (1d20)

(7) = 7

Steel IN - (1d20+1)

(17) + 1 = 18

Secret Roll

Lysander IN - (1d20+2)

(12) + 2 = 14

Iskandil IN - (1d20+3)

(14) + 3 = 17

Grizel IN - (1d20)

(8) = 8

Faelor IN - (1d20+2)

(5) + 2 = 7

Sildar IN - (1d20+3)

(20) + 3 = 23

Katerina IN - (1d20+3)

(4) + 3 = 7

Jul 18, 2015 7:17 am
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/9a/80/55/9a8055dd59445e81cdf3bf0c23c29db3.jpg

Rolls

Alastor's hit points - (3d10+3)

(819) + 3 = 21

Jul 18, 2015 5:08 pm
"Last time they seemed to take offense at my ability to channel the holy power of Saga. There is a spell I can cast that will create a damaging barrier. It may serve us well to form ranks, melee up front and flanking the ranged in the back. I can only choose three others to shield from the spirits wrath.
Last edited July 18, 2015 5:09 pm
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.