Ravenloft game thread

load previous
Jul 29, 2015 5:29 pm
The slight stink of death that was permeating the house was enough to make Sindar uneasy. He'd encountered his share of undeath, with the usual smells that accompanied beasts like that, but this was a little too surreal, being in such an appointed mansion such as this.

"Let us rest while we have a safe roof over our heads comrades. I'll keep watch. Ireena, are the windows boarded up on the second level? I'll keep watch over the front street while my comrades bind their wounds."
Last edited July 29, 2015 5:29 pm
Jul 29, 2015 6:37 pm
"You fought bravely, all of you. I have never seen such valour in my life, although to be honest I have never passed the mists that surround this place. I half expected you to suffer heavy casualties from the attack. I will assist you, please wait while I find some cloth and spices".

She returns with antiseptic herbs, strange bandages, and a thick, black hot liquid, which has a bitter but fragrant aroma.

You take a short rest, so spend hit dice if necessary
Jul 29, 2015 10:58 pm
Iskandil spends the hour relaxing, sharing his apple brandy, and explaining why donkeys are far more useful animals than horses.
Jul 29, 2015 11:04 pm
I've been using draft horse statblock for hotay, I only just realised there's one for mule. You may notice a sudden transformation...

Rolls

Secret Roll

Jul 29, 2015 11:17 pm
He was never really intended as a combat mount. Or really, anything other than a nuisance.
Jul 30, 2015 2:24 pm
"I have some beds down the hall, enough for three. Others could sleep in here. I do not have enough to feed you all, but at least I have bedding for your mounts. We could get grain tomorrow if you have lots of gold, or they will have to eat the grass here".

She supplies 3 rations, including crackers, cheeses, small pale cabbages and simple herbs.
http://tbx.me/54fsoq.png
Jul 30, 2015 3:40 pm
"If the threat of night is close, then we have not much time to sleep. We must make preparations. Your home, while safe for now, is not adequately fortified in the case of continuous assaults. Whomsoever is master of the large beasts we put down will come looking. Those things had a glint of intelligence behind their brutality. Whomsoever needs to sleep should but after this brief reprive, I myself shall tend to the defense of this position. Any are welcome to join me."
Last edited July 30, 2015 3:40 pm
Jul 30, 2015 4:11 pm
Not to be outdone by Katerina, Grizel joins her on watch duty. "Any other entrances, exits or other weak spots we should be guarding here, Ireena?"
Jul 30, 2015 5:11 pm
"All of the windows are boarded, and all of the doors can be barred. You are right that the wolves are intelligent, but they can break down fortifications with mere strength. We could check them all for weakness...there has not been an attack for a tenday, but now that you are here..."

Thunder rumbles quietly outside...
Aug 2, 2015 4:53 pm
A routine inspection shows that all of the boards meet a basic standard of protection, at least with the materials available. Grizel and Katerina begin watch in the hallway, and you assume that the sky as darkening outside as you hear the wolves beginning to howl around the village. Ireena has fetched some loose straw bedding, barely enough for your 3 beasts and less than well-dried. The animals are uncomfortable.
http://tbx.me/_bZG-.png
Aug 3, 2015 7:23 am
Seeing Alastor's discomfort, Grizel debates whether to dismiss him back to his native plane. But she is unsure whether she will get any rest tonight and may be unable to summon a new steed. "What d'ye think we're in for, Katerina? Obviously we're defendin' Ireena tonight, but when mornin' comes what then? Shouldn't we be marchin' up to this Strahd's mansion right now? I'm not afraid o' this 'vampyr' but I gotta tell ye I woan be at me best if I doan get any rest. Nor Alastor either."
Aug 3, 2015 6:19 pm
With that you hear a thud on a window, along with a muffled snarl. Claws pull on a board somewhere else in the house.

Rolls

Secret Roll

Secret Roll

Aug 4, 2015 3:44 pm
Sindar is shaken from his light slumber with the sound of snarling and clawing. He instinctively goes for his crossbows, then tries to locate the source of the disturbance.

OOC: I'll give a perception, and an investigation roll, in case one of them is more appropriate

Rolls

Perception +7 (expertise) - (1d20+7)

(13) + 7 = 20

Investigation +4 - (1d20+4)

(3) + 4 = 7

Aug 4, 2015 6:30 pm
You listen at the right moment, for you hear a voice coming down the hallway where the animals are shifting about. Someone is thudding on the door.

"Ireena. Ireena! It's Ismark. You have to let me in...the wolves! There are eyes everywhere. Please let me in before they kill me!"

Rolls

Secret Roll

Secret Roll

Secret Roll

Secret Roll

Secret Roll

Secret Roll

Secret Roll

Secret Roll

Secret Roll

Aug 4, 2015 6:43 pm
Grizel rushes to Ireena's side. "What's this, Ireena? Are ye sure it's yer brother and not some trap? If it's really him then we're fer helpin' him! But what's he doin' walkin' about in the middle of all this?!"
Aug 4, 2015 6:59 pm
She had fallen asleep, as she looked quite drained of energy before.

"Ismark! I totally forgot! Ismark lives here, but normally stays 'til late at the Tavern. Where is he?"

Heavy thuds batter the house from the East and West. It appears that creatures are trying to smash open the boarded windows.

Rolls

Secret Roll

Secret Roll

Secret Roll

Secret Roll

Secret Roll

Secret Roll

Secret Roll

Secret Roll

Secret Roll

Secret Roll

Secret Roll

Secret Roll

Aug 4, 2015 7:07 pm
"Help...help me! Arrghhhh!"
Aug 4, 2015 7:09 pm
Grizel rushes for the door to help Ireena let Ismark in. Grim-faced, she draws her sword.
OOC:
-I hope the other party members are coming to help keep the wolves at bay!
-Readied action: Channel Divinity (Abjure Enemy). Trigger: if any hostile creature comes through the door.
Last edited August 4, 2015 7:25 pm
Aug 4, 2015 7:10 pm
"Nine hells, let the man in! We can be ready to overpower him if he's been afflicted with anything."

Sindar rushes toward the door, waiting for some backup, or Ireena to open the door for Ismark on the other side.
Aug 4, 2015 7:38 pm
Ireena stands in the hallway, clutching dagger. Together, Sindar and Grizel lift the crossbar on the door. At first, opening the door just a little, you do not see anyone there, only hearing the scratching wolves echoing inside and out.

A few seconds later, the doors burst open.
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.