Ravenloft game thread

load previous
Sep 16, 2015 2:57 pm
There is a clear area about 100ft radius from the water. Beyond that is fog. To your right and left are sheer cliff.

The water is clear and deep, disturbed by the powerful water which sprays over the pool at the base of the fall, lightly tickling your face with wet mist.
Sep 16, 2015 3:06 pm
Victor, not seeing much around him, commands Nightshade, "Scout."

As the bird flies off and begins a trip around the water from above Victors eyes go white and he is suddenly blind and deaf to the world. He sees, but he sees through the eyes of the bird as they soar above the water, he hears what the bird hears.

[ OOC: Victor can look and hear through his familiar though it leaves him completely vulnerable. Is there anything else the bird could see from higher up above? I will roll a perception for the bird using the Monster Manual stats for a Raven (+3 to perception). ]
Last edited September 16, 2015 3:06 pm

Rolls

Nightshade's Perception - (1d20+3)

(12) + 3 = 15

Sep 16, 2015 3:11 pm
I look around with feigned disinterest. "Are we needing to travel up there?" I make a small noise of disdain "A shame I forgot my climbing equipment."
Thinking we're walking to greet death has put me in a sour and sarcastic mood.
Sep 16, 2015 9:22 pm
The mist rushes through your feathers, moist and bitter. It breaks, and you are free in the clear sky. The white carpet below is penetrated by tall trees, the entire waterfall, and the high bridge. The castle lies ominously hundreds of feet above, crackling with hazardous lightning. Fog swirls angrily around it, folding down a steep path leading up to the bridge and top of the falls. It seems to curve around, most likely to the fork in the road. Barovia is visible, choking in grey mist.
Sep 17, 2015 1:57 am
As the raven finishes it's scouting it lands back on Victor's shoulder and suddenly his eyes return to normal and he begins moving again. The raven, vanishes in a puff of smoke that swirls around him briefly and then it returns to the top of the staff. Victor thumbs the switch on the back of the staff and in his high mock voice says, "Wrong way. Should have sent me sooner."

Victor scowls at the staff for a moment then turns to anyone else who followed them down this path, "It would appear we've hit a dead end. We should return back and take the other path."
Sep 17, 2015 2:07 am
Justice doesn't say anything and examines the cliff and the waterfall in perticular. Hoping that her searching would get her mind off the situation. "Water?" She says to herself.
Shen then turns to Victor and nods once.
Last edited September 17, 2015 2:08 am

Rolls

Examination - (1d20-2)

(7) - 2 = 5

Sep 17, 2015 2:20 am
With a deep, designated sigh, I turn around and make my way back down the path we came slowly enough for the rest of the group to join me.
Sep 17, 2015 7:29 am
The water sprays into justice's eyes as it pummels into the rock. The group starts on the short journey back. (Assumedly past the camp, to the fork in the road)

Rolls

Secret Roll

Sep 17, 2015 10:11 am
"Shall we carry on to the other path then, we were intending to go to the castle after all." I gesture towards the unexplored fork.
Sep 17, 2015 11:39 am
The road on the other side of the fork is much longer. As you press through the mist, it sometimes grows clearer before becoming thick again, and you realise that it is almost moving against you, like it is rolling down the path. It is a very steep ascent after all, like climbing a mountain path. The path is not difficult to follow, however, and could probably even support a carriage.

Suddenly, the sound of water tickles your ears, and you approach the bridge, now a thousand feet above the bottom of the falls. The roar of the waterfall is now so far away that it is muffled.

A lone villager sits on the edge of the bridge, staring into the beauty of the waterfall.

Rolls

Secret Roll

Secret Roll

Secret Roll

Secret Roll

Sep 17, 2015 11:58 am
Grizel, who has been subdued and not quite herself all day, finally pulls herself together at the fork in the road and addresses the group, gesturing to Zinn, "She's right. Let's keep our wits about us and not delay. Can't be out in th' open when night falls. C'mon! And let's keep our eyes peeled!" The paladin urges her warhorse forward. Alastor seems happy that Grizel has snapped out of whatever melancholy has been ailing her. She pats him on the neck affectionately.

As the group moves forward Grizel's expression turns grim as the mist thickens. She takes out a tiny strip of white cloth and binds it around the chain of her amulet. She murmurs something under her breath and the amulet glows. She looks at Kat & Zinn. "You two wouldn't mind some help, would you?" With their assent she passes her hand over them and they feel vitality flowing into them, bolstering their toughness and resolve.
OOC: Grizel casts Aid (For the next 8hrs each target’s hit point maximum and current hit points increase by 5) on herself, Kat, and Zinn if they are willing. Oherwise Grizel will choose two other targets.

Rolls

Perception - (1d20+3)

(14) + 3 = 17

Sep 17, 2015 12:02 pm
As they approach the bridge Grizel greets the villager. "Good day to ye! Why are you out here on yer lonesome?"
Sep 17, 2015 12:04 pm
"You don't survive long if you go it alone." I reply, accepting the spell. As the warmth flows through my limbs I intake a deep breath and stride forward with increased confidence. I turn to our guide, and whisper, "I got the sense that people were afraid of the castle. Do you know who that is? Isn't it a bit odd to find someone here?" I nod towards the lone villager.
Last edited September 17, 2015 12:04 pm
Sep 17, 2015 12:06 pm
Grizel meets a young adult man. He smiles back, before looking over the edge.

"Good day," he says cheerfully

"It's like a tunnel of water and light, isn't it? This is the only place where the fog clears. Clean, pure water..."
Sep 17, 2015 12:17 pm
Grizel acknowledges Zinn's comment with a nod, but greets the villager anyway. As she converses with the stranger she stays alert to danger.
OOC: Activating Divine Sense.
Sep 17, 2015 12:46 pm
The young fellow is of a good alignment. This comes across to you somehow. Nothing else is detectable within range, and you feel somewhat safe here

"Some of the villagers went up to the castle, you know. I told them it was dangerous. I'll wait here for their return. They are bent on destroying the Count, with their pitchforks and clubs...if you see them, say that Bernie is waiting for them. They will probably perish unless you can help them, so please hurry"

Bertie stares absentmindedly into the cascade.
Sep 17, 2015 1:06 pm
The thought of villagers daring to rise up against this tyrant, this monster, fires Grizel up back to her old self. With supreme effort she restrains herself from leaving the others and charging straight up to the castle. Alastor rears up nervously, affected by Grizel's emotions through their telepathic bond. "Don't ye fret, lad, we'll help yer friends. What d'ye know of th' castle?"
Sep 17, 2015 1:23 pm
Justice feels a mocking laugh bubble up in her throat when she sees Grizel's reaction. Her parents teachings throb in her mind once again, haunting her. They are cattle, they are cattle, if they want to die let them die.
Taking in a breath Justice starts continuing over the bridge. She turns and says to Grizel in a stuttering voice. "F-forgeet"
Sep 17, 2015 1:47 pm
"The castle? It's as far to the top tower as it is to the bottom of this chasm. I've never seen it close up, but they say that HE lives deep in the castle, with his many servants and evil guardians. Truthfully, I don't know what you'll find, because those who go in do not come out."
Sep 17, 2015 2:18 pm
Victor follows after Justice. "You may not have the language down, but I do like your attitude. Yes, do come Grizel, we should hurry if we hope to help any of those villagers that went ahead. Don't want to arrive to a pile of corpses", Victor says, probably a little too loudly and without a seeming concern for the lad that is on the bridge. He continues tinkering with something he is snapping together as they walk.

[ OOC: Victor is tinkering as they are walking to craft a small clockwork toy bear. It takes about an hour to complete and costs me 10 GP worth of material. (Let me know if this hike up the mountain takes more than an hour) ]
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.