General discussion

load previous
Jul 20, 2015 5:19 pm
From PHB: "When you ready a spell, you cast it as normal but hold its energy, which you release with your reaction when the trigger occurs. To be readied, a spell must have a casting time of 1 action, and holding onto the spell’s magic requires concentration (explained in chapter 10). If your concentration is broken, the spell dissipates without taking effect."

Since you have already 'cast' the spell, you are stuck at level 2. Of course, it depends on the initiative order as to whether you'll benefit from that extra target (I guess that's one of the difficulties of battling in the mist! Unfortunately you have to be able to 'see' your targets, and they are not visible yet.) I've been sneaky with the hidden rolls so that the situation is unclear, both to you and your foe(s).

When it reaches your turn, I'll auto cast it on whatever wolves you can see (let's say 30ft approx vision for this combat) so that the spell is not wasted. You can also release the spell any time before then.
Jul 20, 2015 5:29 pm
Makes sense :-) Thanks!
Jul 20, 2015 5:33 pm
Also, nice use of spell component! (drop of blood - only just noticed).
Jul 21, 2015 7:47 am
Grizel used a little bit more blood than necessary, but yeah! :-D
Jul 21, 2015 12:51 pm
Biscuitfiend, a question you asked in another game prompts me to ask you: in this game which optional rules (if any) are you implementing? Shove Aside? Overrun? Disarm? Massive Damage? etc? Thanks! :-)
Jul 21, 2015 1:13 pm
Yes to shove aside, disarm, and flanking. I may consider massive damage, what are your thoughts?
Jul 21, 2015 3:10 pm
Does Alastor get to attack on Grizel's turn? :-) I'm thinking a Trampling Charge is in order.
Last edited July 21, 2015 3:16 pm
Jul 21, 2015 3:35 pm
Massive damage could be fun. Until it happens to me :p
Jul 21, 2015 3:39 pm
I personally like the massive damage rules. But I do understand it's an added complication.
Jul 21, 2015 4:42 pm
Yes you can co-ordinate your attacks with Alastor - I can override you but from the spell description you basically have control of your summon. Lets go with massive damage rules:

MASSIVE DAMAGE
This optional rule makes it easier for a creature to be felled by massive damage.

When a creature takes damage from a single source equal to or greater than half its hit point maximum, it must succeed on a DC 15 Constitution saving throw or suffer a random effect determined by a roll on the System Shock table. For example a creature that has a hit point maximum of 30 must make that Constitution save if it takes 15 damage or more from a single source.

SYSTEM SHOCK
1d10

1 The creature drops to 0 hit points.

2—3 The creature drops to 0 hit points but is stable.

4—5 The creature is stunned until the end of its next turn.

6-7 The creature can't take reactions and has disadvantage an attack rolls and ability checks until the end of its next turn.

8-10 The creature can’t take reactions until the end of its next turn.

I also use optional diagonal rules (5/10/5/10 etc.)
Jul 22, 2015 12:16 am
I'm not familiar enough with the rules to understand this part. If I move away from an attacking creature and try to attack, do I provoke an attack of opportunity? I know I can disengage, but can I attack during the same turn?
Jul 22, 2015 12:37 am
Disengage and Attack are both standard actions so no you wouldn't be able to do them in the same round. You only provoke an attack if you move out of a creature's threatened range meaning you can move around within the threatened range without incurring a penalty.
Jul 22, 2015 8:41 am
Wow Alastor I'm impressed! LOL! :-D
Jul 22, 2015 10:49 am
Find Steed makes Paladin 10x better. Lol
Jul 22, 2015 10:50 am
Would it be possible to indicate on the mini which one is worg 1, worg 3, etc? If it's a hassle then no biggie :-) Thanks!
Jul 22, 2015 11:38 am
That's hassle, it's not possible in the program yet. Probably best to refer to them by location so I may do so more often
Jul 22, 2015 4:44 pm
Are any of the Worgs dead yet?
Jul 22, 2015 5:03 pm
We need to concentrate our offense. Grizel hasn't done anything but the Bane spell yet. On her turn she'll fight her way towards Ireena & Iskandil.
Jul 22, 2015 6:07 pm
I thought I was tobe honest. I thought that I would have done enough damage, combined with Iskandil to drop the first after my crit. If it's not dead after this sneak attack we're in for one doozy of a fight, especially if that Worg 6 notation was no accident.
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.