General discussion

load previous
Jul 7, 2015 8:16 pm
Okay, I thought only Lysander and Iskandil were to act in the first round, and then I figured that I would have lost my readied action by being knocked over.
Jul 7, 2015 8:28 pm
I only acted in the surprise round. So I'm going to post and hope that I'm doing the right thing.
Jul 7, 2015 10:23 pm
4 of you were surprised and cannot act in first round. It was unfortunate that Sindar got knocked over
Jul 7, 2015 11:31 pm
Sorry if it messes with anyone that I post out of initiative order. I'm used to GMs posting the combat. I'll change if needed
Jul 8, 2015 12:36 am
It's our first combat, we'll work out the kinks.
Jul 8, 2015 1:11 am
Hey Grendel, you should have sneak attack damage to dole out as well.

PHB 96:
Quote:

You don’t need advantage on the attack roll if another
enemy o f the target is within 5 feet o f it, that enemy
isn’t incapacitated, and you don’t have disadvantage on
the attack roll.
I moved into the square of the dead wolf that I killed so I should be in base contact with the one you are fighting.
Jul 8, 2015 1:14 am
Oh snap, totally forgot. Haven't been a player a whole lot, and it's tough to keep track of everyone's relative position, though the VTT images certainly help.
Jul 8, 2015 2:59 am
No worries. Just your friendly local lamplighter at your service.
Jul 8, 2015 3:27 am
Looking at the VTT screenshot, it was pretty obvious that I should have gone for the sneak attack. I didn't fully appreciate the havok that Katerina wreaked on those poor wolfies ;)

Biscuitfiend: Can I add that damage after the fact? I'm totally cool with paying for forgetting as well though.

EDIT: And Iskandil, don't want to short change your effort :)
Last edited July 8, 2015 3:28 am
Jul 8, 2015 4:09 am
I'm just protecting my still. I'm worried about these wolves though. They aren't acting natural.
Jul 8, 2015 7:43 am
Ok, I'm sorry but I too am confused now where we are exactly on the initiative order. Some GM's prefer to let everybody post in whatever order and then they just sort it out later. Other GM's prefer for players to wait their turn. It seemed to me like Biscuitfiend is the latter and so I've been eager to have Grizel act but waiting my turn to post. I could be wrong but it looks as if Grizel's turn for the 1st normal round was passed over? I don't want to mess things up by just throwing in a post right now.
Last edited July 8, 2015 7:44 am
Jul 8, 2015 9:30 am
I'm the former - you can post your turn whenever (and set conditions for your action if you prefer). As in a normal game, if you forget to use, you lose. I run through the initiative order with the posts you have given to me (and change your target if it is downed, etc.) So the last action I describe is where we are in the IN order.
Jul 8, 2015 10:18 am
Biscuitfiend says:
I'm the former - you can post your turn whenever (and set conditions for your action if you prefer). As in a normal game, if you forget to use, you lose. I run through the initiative order with the posts you have given to me (and change your target if it is downed, etc.) So the last action I describe is where we are in the IN order.
Thanks for clarifying! :-) In PbP I'm actually in favor of the former but n games where the GM prefers the latter I respect that too. Ok, will post in a bit.
Jul 8, 2015 3:25 pm
Indeed. Good to know, my posts will be quicker now without waiting on others.
Jul 8, 2015 3:54 pm
Hey, sorry about the double post in the game thread. My browser did not appear to be moving, so I figured I had missed the button somehow but after hitting it again, twin posts. Since Biscuitfiend turned off deleting of posts, I can't fix it myself. Sirry for the clutter.
Jul 9, 2015 4:33 pm
So are we waiting on Katerina and Faelor for this round?
Jul 10, 2015 2:23 am
Hey all! Sorry for the lack of posts. Y'all have been blowing up my phone and I feel so bad for not responding. I've been working third shift for the past week and I'm all screwed up. I'm off tomorrow though all I hope to catch up with everything.
Just wanna say again how much I'm enjoying this.
Thank you! :-)
Jul 10, 2015 10:07 am
I'll prob just move on as it's an easy combat, there is exploration to do! :)
Jul 13, 2015 12:48 pm
Grizel isn't your typical bossy paladin, but she is accustomed to some level of command. I do hope that doesn't result in personality conflict with Katerina, who thinks the Lamplighters should enjoy some measure of authority! ;-)
Last edited July 13, 2015 12:49 pm
Jul 13, 2015 12:59 pm
All good opportunities for excellent roleplay!
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.