General discussion

load previous
Jul 2, 2015 1:51 am
I took Patterna as a language but I am most definitely not Vistani. My character is from Mordent, not Barovia, and I figured she just got losts in the mists while looking for dad. I can play it more like lost through the mists and now she has no idea where she's at. Could it be possible to bribe the Vistani to take one through the mists?
Jul 2, 2015 1:56 am
In the one scenario I've played in Ravenloft, convincing the Vistani was the only way to get through the mist. Once Strand had us go for a cure found in another realm (the current incarnation of his love had a magic disease) so one time he let us out, but we had to get back in. That was a scary scene to have Lord Strand show up to dinner and demand your service.
Jul 2, 2015 1:59 am
I think we're just running the Ravenloft module, which predates a lot of the stuff you're talking about. Biscuitfiend will have to confirm this, but I'm working on the assumption that things like the Vistani and the domains and the barriers etc aren't a feature of this game. On the other hand, I could be totally off base.
Jul 2, 2015 2:21 am
Grazzt says:
I think we're just running the Ravenloft module, which predates a lot of the stuff you're talking about. Biscuitfiend will have to confirm this, but I'm working on the assumption that things like the Vistani and the domains and the barriers etc aren't a feature of this game. On the other hand, I could be totally off base.
This would make sense...I reread the description that this is an updated adventure, if this is the case that works great for me but I never knew a Ravenloft when there weren't mists except before Strahd was a vampire (from the novel "I, Strahd"), but the mists went up as soon as he turned. so the question remains. Like I said I can roll with whatever, I just am not sure where we are on that element
Jul 2, 2015 8:04 am
This module is set in Greyhawk. It inspired the Ravenloft setting. Since it's a one-shot it makes sense if you want to use ideas from the Ravenloft setting. It's your game as much as mine! I haven't read the setting, just seen the maps and what you guys have implemented. Don't be surprised if a few things are slightly different from the setting
Jul 2, 2015 8:23 am
I also got the name wrong. This is I6 - Ravenloft
Jul 2, 2015 8:51 am
I'm kinda glad I have absolutely no idea what you guys are talking about.
Jul 2, 2015 1:39 pm
unique_exemplar says:
Muahahaha!
Jul 2, 2015 2:30 pm
unique_exemplar says:
Same here hehe! Our AD&D campaign 28 years ago was set in Greyhawk but I don't remember any of the locales anymore. I also know nothing about Ravenloft except that the BBEG is a vampire named Strahd von Zarovich. This guy doesn't sparkle, does he? XD
Jul 2, 2015 5:41 pm
OK, that makes sense for the setting. Like I said it was just a bit of remembered history. I can leave the baggage and just play a Gothic horror D&D game with some of the names I may recognise. Totally on board with that. Thanks for the clarification!
Jul 2, 2015 5:48 pm
I just had a glance at that Gazetteer and the Ravenloft PHB, Sword & Sorcery really didn't mess around with that setting did they?
Jul 2, 2015 8:04 pm
If being sparkly makes you hate him, I'm up for that
Jul 3, 2015 2:28 am
Biscuitfiend says:
If being sparkly makes you hate him, I'm up for that
HAHAHAHHA....Oh man! The image of Strahd as a Twilight vampire. The scariest pile of glitter ever.
Jul 3, 2015 8:19 pm
Sorry guys I'm out of town this weekend, so my posting will be intermittent. I'll try to slip posts in when I can.
Jul 4, 2015 12:10 am
Grendel . . . we can be friends.
Quote:
Sword & Sorcery really didn't mess around with that setting did they?
Nah, they didn't. That's just one of at least five gazetteers, each one full of deep background information.
Jul 4, 2015 2:41 am
Delaying my post until I finalize Grizel's prepared spells for the day. Having a quick private discussion with foolsmask so there are no overlaps with Lysander :-)
Jul 4, 2015 3:54 am
Responded.
Jul 4, 2015 11:20 am
Hi guys. Don't forget to roll HP for your steeds (3d10+3 warhorse). Roll each time for Find Steed. Treating them as creatures (not PCs) for this purpose. Thanks
Jul 4, 2015 1:45 pm
Sorry for the short, unimaginative post earlier. Internet's wonky. Will edit in a bit. Grizel actually left home on a horse but has since then sold it or given it away. Since the day you met her she has summoned a new steed every day partly to maintain her anonymity.
Last edited July 4, 2015 2:13 pm
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.