General discussion

load previous
Aug 20, 2015 4:23 pm
That was my fault: I forgot to update the character sheet after the LoH!
Aug 20, 2015 4:23 pm
No problem, It's your turn after Faelor has changed targets
Aug 21, 2015 1:37 pm
Grizel has dropped. Death saves next round, right?

BTW she wasn't grappling Strahd anymore. She had to let go to attack with her 2-handed weapon ;-)
Last edited August 21, 2015 1:39 pm
Aug 22, 2015 6:57 am
For some reason I forgot it was 2h. That would be correct!
Aug 23, 2015 4:52 pm
Is Alastor still alive? He would have acted on Grizel's turn.
Aug 24, 2015 4:45 pm
Yes - you rolled for his hooves attack. They missed :) disappears if you die I think
Aug 24, 2015 5:19 pm
Right :-) What I meant was, Grizel & Alastor acted together in her final round of consciousness, and then the round after that Grizel fails her first death save but no action from Alastor. And now we're at the top of a new round. :-)On Grizel's initiative we should see her 2nd death save and what should be Alastor's 2nd independent action. :-)
Last edited August 25, 2015 10:49 am
Aug 28, 2015 11:55 am
I'm not very familiar with Greyhawk. Does its cosmology include the Nine Hells and/or the Abyss?
Last edited August 28, 2015 11:56 am
Aug 28, 2015 1:27 pm
It certainly does, it's on the Greyhawk wiki. Setting isn't hugely important unless we leave Barovia I guess
Aug 29, 2015 12:16 am
Good point. I wanted to make sure it would make sense if I referenced those planes. Thanks.
Aug 29, 2015 1:08 pm
I believe Grizel has zero successful death saves and two failed ones. One more failure and she dies, right?

Assuming somebody stabilizes her and she's eventually revived: She's at zero HP, obviously, but I've lost track of what her current max HP is. Strahd bit her 3 or 4 times, I think, lowering her max HP each time.
Aug 29, 2015 2:29 pm
39 Should be your max

Yes you are quite close to dying unfortunately - hopefully someone will save you or you roll a lucky save!
Aug 29, 2015 2:49 pm
Would I be able to append myself to the round order and come in to try and stabilize the person, or do you want to plot hook me in?
Aug 29, 2015 2:51 pm
Biscuitfiend says:
39 Should be your max
Oh I thought the necro damage was temporarily lowering her max hp.
Quote:
Yes you are quite close to dying unfortunately - hopefully someone will save you or you roll a lucky save!
Well the party cleric is standing right next to me LOL!

Or should I roll up a new PC already? :-P
Last edited August 29, 2015 2:56 pm
Sep 1, 2015 3:11 pm
I'm glad Grizel is not dead. That was close! :-D So then: all abilities and hp regained? Is Alastor still with us or will I need to recast Find Steed?
Sep 4, 2015 4:46 am
Hey Buiscuitfiend, what are the rules, or would you deem are the rules, for learning a language. Victor is intrigued by the abyssal, he would like to see if he can, over time, learn the dialect from hearing Justice, and possibly teach her better common.

EDIT:
Sorry, finally found it. I thought I had seen this in the player manual before. Here is what the PHB says.

Training:
You can spend time between adventures learning a new language or training with a set of tools. Your DM might allow additional training options. First, you must find an instructor willing to teach you.

The DM determines how long it takes, and whether one or more ability checks are required.

The training lasts for 250 days and costs 1 gp per day. After you spend the requisite amount of time and money, you learn the new language or gain proficiency with the new tool.

Unsure if you would still rule the 1gp per day cost since we are in the same party, or if either of us are considered willing instructors, just wondering if my character can learn it.
Last edited September 4, 2015 4:50 am
Sep 4, 2015 4:55 am
Oops, my post was meant to go immediately after the tiefling spoke, but I guess I took too much time composing it :-D
Sep 4, 2015 4:59 am
Your character has also made my list of languages to learn with that outburst. Unfortunately I don't think you will be able to teach it to me, you don't seem to understand it yourself. :)
Sep 4, 2015 4:59 am
Gah, sorry, double posted and can't delete them.
Last edited September 4, 2015 5:00 am
Sep 4, 2015 5:18 am
PhantomNimbus says:
Your character has also made my list of languages to learn with that outburst. Unfortunately I don't think you will be able to teach it to me, you don't seem to understand it yourself. :)
Haha yeah, I didn't make the language selection until almost a month after Grizel was created, mainly because nothing really fit her story. When I put Celestial in I still wasn't sure how I was going to work it in. She isn't really devoted to any deity. Her oath is more of a personal vendetta, and her "holy symbol" is really an amulet she took off the neck of her adoptive father's corpse as a keepsake. Maybe some god of retribution is showing her some favor whether she knows it or not and that explains the spells/smite/LoH.
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.