General discussion

load previous
Dec 4, 2015 2:43 am
Thanks! I will post it there now :).

Now to begin catching up on what has happened in the adventure so far :). Biscuit any idea how/when I will be worked into the game? Want to know how quickly I need to read the old posts.
Last edited December 4, 2015 2:46 am
Dec 4, 2015 2:57 pm
The impatience in my latest post is purely Grizel's and not mine. I realize the PC's are probably waiting in the chapel until Beorn and Fizzywinks have their characters ready. It would be out of character for Grizel to be anything other than impatient so I'm just going to roleplay some more internal struggle while we wait. Grizel has been continually having some pretty major doubts about her paladin's oath. Let's see if she stays true! :-D

Are we taking a short or long rest or something?
Dec 5, 2015 11:05 am
I have the flu right now so apologies for a quiet few days. It seems that raw garlic is a very effective treatment!
Dec 5, 2015 11:21 am
Get well, man! I've heard raw garlic is great vs vampyres too! :-D
Dec 5, 2015 11:45 am
Jabes.plays.RPG says:
Get well, man! I've heard raw garlic is great vs vampyres too! :-D
That's why Strahd always has a cold!
Dec 5, 2015 5:59 pm
Yikes the flu is the worst! Get better :)
Dec 7, 2015 10:24 am
I was just going to suggest going up the stairs because gee, that spiderweb sure looks like a cozy place to rest! But Candi's post beat me to it! :-D
Dec 7, 2015 1:27 pm
Beorn and Fizzywinks, I'm going to drop you in the next room seeing as they are travelling again. It might be difficult for continuity to see characters leaving/entering the team all the time so I'll try whatever I think works. You could be travellers who found the Svalich road (see the map thread) from either direction - through the villiage of Barovia or directly near to the castle. You may or may not have received a letter (I'll post it in the map thread). In any case, you have run through the castle having been chased by a powerful, ghostly threat.
Dec 7, 2015 1:32 pm
I'm sorry, I misunderstood Zinn and thought we were headed up where the map shows what looks like a web. TBH I don't know which way the map is oriented so I don't know what it means when someone says west. So we're headed up the narrower staircase then? Right, that's where Zinn was before the thing attacked, and she did say she was heading "back up" to the landing. Ok, I think I've got it straightened out now. :-) Still following Zinn then.
Dec 7, 2015 2:10 pm
Zinn went 'back up' to the north staircase (up on the map). I'm aiming to keep the maps oriented that way. She had a poke around earlier before combat.
Dec 7, 2015 2:40 pm
Ok awesome, do we need to wait to take actions until the party opens our door?
Dec 7, 2015 2:55 pm
Beorn says:
Ok awesome, do we need to wait to take actions until the party opens our door?
You can burst in at any time - you will meet the rest of the group immediately. The two of you ran into the castle and were chased up the stairs into a throne room, down a corridor, and now you have ended up here.

Also, don't forget to submit your character (did you use the site's character sheet?) - I just need something rough. It allows you to 'post as' your character and makes it easy for me to access the details in a pinch
Dec 7, 2015 2:56 pm
Oh man! Having just killed a black-clad creature that came from this balcony, if Grizel spots Mardak the ninja she will strike first and ask questions later! My apologies in advance!

EDIT: Okay, now Zinn has called them out. Have we spotted them? Or were they behind a closed door? I'm telling you, Grizel would just charge them unless she remembers there are still missing townfolk.
Last edited December 7, 2015 3:06 pm
Dec 7, 2015 4:48 pm
Jabes.plays.RPG says:
Oh man! Having just killed a black-clad creature that came from this balcony, if Grizel spots Mardak the ninja she will strike first and ask questions later! My apologies in advance!

EDIT: Okay, now Zinn has called them out. Have we spotted them? Or were they behind a closed door? I'm telling you, Grizel would just charge them unless she remembers there are still missing townfolk.
Candi's post has Zinn calling out because she spotted them, but Biscuit's narration seems to say Balder and Mardak are hidden from us. I made Grizel's actions not dependent on anything. She doesn't have darkvision anyway.
Dec 7, 2015 4:55 pm
Does Divine Sense allow a paladin without darkvision to "see" evil foes in a dark room? Enough to fight?
Dec 7, 2015 5:04 pm
You will know their location until the end of the next turn, so you can't 'pick the wrong square', but you will still roll at disadvantage in the darkness.
Dec 7, 2015 5:08 pm
Got it. Thanks! Didn't include an attack to my last post because I wasn't sure. May I add one now?
Dec 7, 2015 5:31 pm
Divine Sense takes a whole action to use, but if you wish to initiate combat then just roll initiative at any time.
Dec 7, 2015 5:36 pm
Biscuitfiend says:
Divine Sense takes a whole action to use, but if you wish to initiate combat then just roll initiative at any time.
Added an initiative roll to my last post. Thanks!
Last edited December 7, 2015 5:49 pm
Dec 7, 2015 6:15 pm
Biscuit, I submitted my character, did you not receive it? Or are you telling that to FizzyWinks?

ALso I am a little confused by where I am in relation to the party. They are on a balcony correct, over looking this throne room, which has two undead? I am in the throne room? Or running away from it?

Edited after looking further at the game thread
Last edited December 7, 2015 6:18 pm
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.