General discussion

load previous
Dec 7, 2015 7:24 pm
Beorn, sorry - youare correct. It's fizzy I'm waiting for.I even added your profile pic as fizzy's character is a shadow monk!!

The two of you entered through the doors behind the thrones - the others entered up a side staircase
Dec 7, 2015 7:44 pm
No problem :). What is the rule of thumb with replying on the game thread? Do people generally wait after taking an action for everyone else to react in a non-combat situation like this? I figure a flow has been established since you all have been playing for a while, so I want to try to sync up with it as much as I can.
Dec 7, 2015 7:59 pm
It's quite casual really. I normally give it time to see if other players will post/respond. But if you're more active on the site, your character will see more action and also make more core decisions.

In combat, I keep the initiative order updated regularly to show whose turn it is. You may post before your turn if it's convenient as it helps to keep the game moving! At other times, the situation may change regularly which means you may wish to wait until your turn to post. If we end up waiting way too long for a player (I'm talking days) then I will normally give them a dodge action/cantrip/attack etc.
Dec 7, 2015 8:51 pm
Ok Cool thanks for the clarification :).
Dec 8, 2015 3:32 pm
Jabes.plays.RPG says:
Does Divine Sense allow a paladin without darkvision to "see" evil foes in a dark room? Enough to fight?
Biscuitfiend says:
You will know their location until the end of the next turn, so you can't 'pick the wrong square', but you will still roll at disadvantage in the darkness.
I don't suppose it's enough to allow Grizel to use her Channel Divinity (which requires " a creature you can see")?
Dec 8, 2015 4:13 pm
No you'll definitely need to see it for that! Anyone thought of lighting up a torch yet?
Dec 8, 2015 5:19 pm
Having cast Darkvision, what does Mardak see, basically the picture? I think I know what I want to do on my turn (since I am first) but I want to make sure I didn't miss any details.

I threw holy water during my turn (presuming I read everything correctly). Could my fists have hit and hurt the ghosts? Would my character know?
Last edited December 8, 2015 5:58 pm
Dec 9, 2015 10:03 am
I'll reply in the game thread too to make sure that everyone gets the information:

Mardak can see that the room beyond the balcony has a huge, decorative dome-shaped ceiling. This room looks well-decorated but you can't see colour with darkvision. Mardak can't see any undead yet, he only knows that Grizel has announced that there are two on the chairs. They are obviously sentient and have not expressed any hostility yet.

Holy water isn't the 'Attack action', it's a separate action so 'extra attack'/dual weapon fighting can't apply to it. Also, holy water counts as an 'improvised weapon' which means that you don't add your proficiency bonus to the attack roll. Be careful not to waste that stuff. It could be gold dust in this place!

Also be aware that these huge chairs provide cover: total cover from behind, 3/4 at the back from an angle, 1/2 from the side, which means the AC to hit these things could be quite high if you don't go around the front of the chairs.
Dec 9, 2015 2:26 pm
So I revised my action, if that is possible. Sorry to throw the flow of the group off some there :). In my defense the ghostly picture you posted is pretty intimidating :D.
Last edited December 9, 2015 2:27 pm
Dec 9, 2015 3:21 pm
No problem. Your action will be for next turn by the way, so as you are speaking the team are unleashing holy hell on these poor creatures!
Dec 9, 2015 4:53 pm
Biscuitfiend says:
No problem. Your action will be for next turn by the way, so as you are speaking the team are unleashing holy hell on these poor creatures!
hahah fair enough, at least I can hold the moral high ground that I tried :). I didn't still throw the holy water did I? I want to make sure my item records remain correct.
Dec 9, 2015 5:01 pm
Yeah keep that holy water for now!
Dec 9, 2015 5:28 pm
Awesome thank you! When I bought it I figured it would come in useful, but still made sense since I bought a few flasks of everything that seemed good lol. Can't wait to splash acid on a lock or something to pop it open!
Last edited December 9, 2015 5:29 pm
Dec 9, 2015 5:53 pm
Tweaked my post a little bit (just the roleplay, not the actions) to fit in with Mardak's changed action: he speaks now just before Grizel acts so I had to work that in. :-)

Is it just my currently wonky internet connection or are none of the maps loading?
Last edited December 9, 2015 5:56 pm
Dec 9, 2015 6:15 pm
Nope looks like the maps are down for me as well.
Dec 10, 2015 4:36 pm
I know throwing Mardak into the narrative is tough. I haven't read through everything in the game thread, though I am through page 9 :). I was thinking that I could have wandered into Barovia and seen the plight of the village, specifically scared children, and vowed to help them. Hence why I am in the castle. Does that work?

Also Ireena is the NPC who the party first received a letter about helping?
Dec 10, 2015 4:54 pm
Yes on both counts. Good idea. You would know that you can't escape without killing Strahd, hence you just bust in and found the others :)
Dec 10, 2015 5:03 pm
Oops, I meant to direct the Vow Of Enmity at the injured one, not the uninjured one. Typo!
Dec 10, 2015 5:21 pm
Changed, not an issue. They seem angry.
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.