LMoP game thread

load previous
Sep 22, 2015 9:39 pm
"It does seem like a reasonable course of action." Looking down at Shane, Medve adds, "Good thing he's so small."
Sep 23, 2015 12:51 pm
Otto scratches at his chin. "Well I can't see that there's much choice. Live to fight anotherday, I suppose. We did agree I'd help you first so whatever you say. I can come back for the Forge later." Then to himself Otto adds, "I'll have to content myself with toadie here." as he pockets the jade toad idol.

Rolls

Sleight of hand - (1d20+3)

(15) + 3 = 18

Sep 24, 2015 3:40 pm
"Are you done with questionings? Follow me for trade of Sil-dar. Others of goblins will watch you. Do not betray us or swift death for you!!"

Yeemik beckons you to follow, flanked by two guards with scimitars and shields. The remaining goblins stick in one group and will stay near to you, watching your every move. Half are equipped with bows. It's very dark in the rest of the cave, save for a strip of light leaving the doorway which glimmers onto a pool of water in the next room, evidently some kind of dam or goblin-made river control system.
Sep 24, 2015 9:25 pm
Medve will work on hauling Shane up and over his shoulder in preparation to follow.
Sep 24, 2015 9:50 pm
Egan will follow at the back looking very regal and chief-like.
Sep 24, 2015 10:56 pm
Otto keeps a sharp eye out, committing the cave system to memory.
Sep 24, 2015 11:03 pm
Movith, hammer in hand, makes a point of walking beside the goblin leader.
Sep 25, 2015 5:31 pm
Only Medve can see in the cave where it is dark. The first cavern is half filled with two large pools of water. A narrow waterfall high in the eastern wall feeds the pool, which drains out of the western end of the cave mouth below. Low fieldstone walls serve as dams holding the water in. A wide exit stands to the south, while two smaller passages lead west. The sound of the waterfall echoes through the cavern, making it difficult to hear.

Yeemik bellows at Movith: "Tunnel too tight for big person and Yeemik! Pinky, watch big man!"

A smallish goblin obediently steps in front of Movith and keeps an eye on them as you move forward. The group travel in single file down the tunnel. A rickety bridge spans the passage, connecting two tunnels that are 20ft above the stream. The path below evidently curves into the pool cave. Via a number of carved stone steps.

(new map available)
Sep 28, 2015 5:50 pm
Movith will continue following the Goblin leader, watching to try to make sure they aren't being led into an even more difficult situation than had they fought this group in the previous chamber.

OOC: Perception to get a better layout of the cave system, and to check for a trap/ambush situation.

Rolls

Perception - (1d20+2)

(19) + 2 = 21

Sep 29, 2015 7:04 pm
The cave is almost completely dark. As Movith's eyes adjust he can just make out the shapes of the cave, stumbling on his first step on the rickety bridge. You are led down a narrow, increasingly dark passage and into a room, and judging by the echoes it is medium-sized with two levels.

The air is hazy with the smoke of a cooking fire, and two small piles of warm embers add the tiniest amount of light to the room, making sets of crude benches around the old cooking fires barely visible.

The air is pungeant from the smell of poorly cured hides and unwashed goblins. Yeemik walks forward and takes some steps into an upper area, and the other goblins stop, haphazardly surrounding the group.

Seconds later, you hear a weak human grunt from a ledge somewhere above.

"Try anything and human die! Ten gold pieces for him and your safety to leave. Then you go."
Oct 1, 2015 7:05 am
Otto scratches thoughtfully at the old scar on his chin. This is a bad place to be, blinded by dark, surrounded by foes who can see in the dark. Never tell me the odds! is a common expression of his but with these odds... The big man who calls himself Movith has led them down this path well enough so far, maybe he can lead them back out. Otto decides to stay ready and take his cues from his new companions.
Oct 1, 2015 9:45 pm
Medve reaches for his pouch and holds it in his outstretched hand. "And how do we know you'll just let us walk from here if I hand this over?"
Last edited October 3, 2015 3:53 am
Oct 4, 2015 2:40 pm
Movith cocks his head slightly to one side, then a smile begins to just tug at the corners of his lips. He puts his hand over Medve's purse and slowly lowers it. Movith turns his head slightly toward the elf, "Medve, our new goblin friend has overplayed his hand." Returning his gaze to the goblin leader, "Yeemik," the Goliath lets out an exasperated sigh, "you've a lot to learn. I could teach you a thing or two about leading a tribe. In fact, we all could. But, I suspect you aren't interested in an alliance..."

Movith turns back to Medve, "See, elf friend, if the goblin leader here was willing to take our possessions by force, he would have done so when he has the element of surprise and we were all strewn about the room after our battle. The reward for that course of action would have been much greater than a measly 10 gold pieces. Now, he's given us a chance to collect ourselves, so any battle would almost certainly result in many goblin deaths. And, his bargaining chip is the life of a human that none of us knows nor has any reason to care about...?"

Continuing, Movith's muscles begin to flex, and he begins to appear somehow even larger than he did moments ago. "So, Yeemik. You are again faced with a difficult choice. You can battle us and try to take our gold from our corpses. Many of your tribe will die, starting with this one." Movith nods toward the goblin standing close by that appears to be second in the chain of command. "Or you can drop your human bargaining chip off the cliff. This will accomplish nothing and you will have cost yourself a prisoner. Thirdly, you can take my offer of an alliance. We will help you understand tribal leadership, and we will give you three gold pieces as a gesture of good will. You will not only gain invaluable knowledge that you can use in the future to gain great power and wealth, but you will also gain a group of adventurers friendly to you that exist outside your cavern here. In exchange, you give us the human prisoner and let us leave without conflict. This would gain far more for your group here in the long term, and is the best option."

Movith shrugs, "Lastly, I suppose you can simply let us leave without any agreement. You won't get any gold from us now or later, and you've no guarantee that we won't come back with an army to destroy you and your tribe, and collapse this entire cavern out of spite. I promise you that I make a much better ally than enemy, as do all my friends here."

And with a ferocity that no one expected Movith spits the last few words, "And if we battle, you will die today by my hands."

Rolls

Intimidate - (1d20+3)

(5) + 3 = 8

Intimidate (inspiration advantage) - (1d20+3)

(19) + 3 = 22

Oct 5, 2015 2:45 pm
"No!!" Cries the weak human voice from the cliff. He is silenced by a knee to his back. The rest of the goblins have an air of fear, but Yeemik is fairly quick to reach a decision.

"Leave now!! Do quietly or many swords in ss-ss-spine. No find us again. Maybe we be gone! Is bad day for Ss-ss...Sil-dar if you do not pay for him."

The other goblins chatter and grunt, and Yeemik's tatty scimitar is unsheathed as he holds the human in his other hand. He spits a final broken sentence nearly under his breath.

"Never...trust...human!"

Several goblins nearby are trembling and suffer from a temporary fear effect.
Oct 11, 2015 9:24 pm
Movith has become visibly angered. A scowl moves across his face as he places his hammer, standing on its head, on the ground beside him. He yanks he purse from his belt and makes a grand gesture of counting ten pieces of gold, one at a time so all can see. He slowly approaches the goblin leader, arms outstretched. When he gets about ten feet from Yeemik, he stops slowly opens his hand and lets the gold fall from his open palm. Movith spits on the ground.

He saunters over to the broken body of Sildar and gently picks him up and lays him over his shoulder. After Movith rejoins the group, he raises his voice and almost shouts. "I vow to return to this place and destroy every goblin and goblin-friend within its walls. If you do not wish to die by my hand, I suggest you find a new trash heap to live out your miserable lives." Movith turns and begins to leave.
Oct 12, 2015 9:16 am
Sildar groans quietly, but keeps quiet whilst in sight of the goblins. They are quivering silently in the darkness and brandishing weapons. The goblins say nothing as the group leaves, now glad to be rid of their aggressors. The group travels back down the tunnel, travelling slowly and in complete darkness, eventually finding the steps leading down from the twin pools cave.

As you reach the mouth of the cave, you catch the sight of two lone goblins running to the forest to hide, briefly looking behind them.

Each party member gains 375exp each (yup!). Movith gains an additional 50exp and a point of inspiration. Players may level up anytime they are not in an encounter
Oct 13, 2015 8:50 am
Otto gestures at the fleeing goblins. "Ambush, maybe? You think we're about to see our new friend Yeemik again so soon?"
Oct 13, 2015 10:06 pm
"Perhaps one of us should scout out ahead before we exit this place?"
Oct 14, 2015 1:17 pm
"I'm not sure if it's a trap, but scouting is almost always a good idea," Movith agrees. "Although, I don't see how they would have been able to set up an ambush so quickly. That scum only just became leader a few minutes ago, and he doesn't seem well organized."

Movith adds, "What do you think, Egan?"

Realizing that he has been temporarily distracted by the fleeing goblins, Movith says quietly to the man over his shoulder, "You hanging in there, Sildar? We'll find respite shortly."
Oct 14, 2015 3:09 pm
"I'll scout. You take care of your wounded." Otto moves into the bushes and goes in a wide arc to flank the goblins.
OOC: Otto's movement speed is 40.

Rolls

Stealth - (1d20+5)

(15) + 5 = 20

Perception - (1d20+3)

(16) + 3 = 19

load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.