Welcome/game help/general chat

load previous
Sep 8, 2015 2:37 pm
Yeah, not too worried either way since I did say I would be going for a good angle. Firing through the massive barbarian's back is not a good angle :)
Sep 9, 2015 1:30 am
Shouldn't Anrin have had his attack first, as he had higher initiative and had his attack readied? Come to think of it, shouldn't Darf and Kaaxon and Matthias all get to attack before the python, too? :-)
Last edited September 9, 2015 1:33 am
Sep 9, 2015 2:57 am
harlandski says:
Shouldn't Anrin have had his attack first, as he had higher initiative and had his attack readied? Come to think of it, shouldn't Darf and Kaaxon and Matthias all get to attack before the python, too? :-)
Not sure, but I think you may have taken an attack of opportunity as you backed away.
Sep 9, 2015 6:46 am
Kaxaon charges in and moves his full 60ft. I'm probably burning his rage slot needlessly as I'm fairly sure Darf & Matthias will have taken the snake out already but hey that's Kaxaon for you.
Last edited September 9, 2015 6:47 am
Sep 9, 2015 10:09 am
AoO, attack reach of 10ft. It's a sneaky part of the snake's statblock. Attack and disengage were both better options!
Sep 9, 2015 12:54 pm
Man, I need more spells per day, my rolling skills aren't very good lol
Sep 9, 2015 5:30 pm
Biscuitfiend says:
AoO, attack reach of 10ft. It's a sneaky part of the snake's statblock. Attack and disengage were both better options!
Got it. A lesson learned by Anrin and harlandski! :-)
Sep 9, 2015 6:21 pm
Looks like Foolsmask isn't coming back: http://gamersplane.com/forums/thread/948/
Sep 10, 2015 1:56 am
I'm refraining from saying that I will stabilize the halfling, given that I'm already a turn ahead of where we are in the game...but I intend to do so if no one else does by the end of turn 2.
Sep 12, 2015 4:09 pm
Thanks, I appreciate it! :-)
Sep 13, 2015 3:58 am
spaceseeker19 says:
OOC: Refresh my memory: When Darf aids/stabilizes Anrin, what is the target number for the check? I'll need to know in case he fails the roll.
I believe stabilizing a creature is a DC 10 Wisdom (Medicine) check.
Sep 13, 2015 4:00 am
Jabes.plays.RPG says:
spaceseeker19 says:
OOC: Refresh my memory: When Darf aids/stabilizes Anrin, what is the target number for the check? I'll need to know in case he fails the roll.
I believe stabilizing a creature is a DC 10 Wisdom (Medicine) check.
Yep, DC 10, Pg 197 of the phb
Sep 13, 2015 7:06 am
Burnttoazt says:
Darf isn't really sure how to help so he frantically starts trying to suck poisen out of anrins bite.
That's quite a mental image. :-D Seriously though, I suppose that qualifies as stabilizing him?
Jabes.plays.RPG says:
The poison that the snake pumped into Kaxaon only serves to enrage him. He wraps his spiked chain around the giant snake's neck and pulls the noose tight, his muscles bulging from the strain.
OOC:
*My description of Kaxaon's attack sounds like a Grapple, but I choose to make a regular melee attack.
*Savage attacker Feat: Once per turn when you roll damage for a melee weapon attack, you can reroll the weapon’s damage dice and use either total. I choose the higher result of course!
I like the more streamlined (as compared to 3rd Edition) grappling rules in 5th Ed, but it's a bummer that the grapple itself can't deal damage. In my opinion, with certain weapons it should deal damage. Certainly if you're armed with a sword and you use your free hand to grab your opponent then maybe it doesn't deal damage but if you use a spiked chain, a flail, or a whip I feel like it should hurt. In fact, in the case of a spiked chain, even a successful escape from the grapple should hurt.

Anyway, Bicuitfiend, I'm not saying this is something you should apply to this game. This is just a general comment on the RAW :-)
Last edited September 13, 2015 7:30 am
Sep 14, 2015 7:23 pm
I'm finding it a bit laborious to page back through the thread to find the current map every couple of days. What do other people do? Do you save the image locally, or bookmark the thread page that has the image? Would it be helpful and/or possible to create a new thread, just for maps? That way the image wouldn't get buried as easily.
Sep 15, 2015 8:33 pm
I'll get another image out. It would be good to save the image or bookmark URL. It's more useful for combat than anything as it's a bit dark
Sep 16, 2015 4:42 pm
Fwiw I like the idea of having a thread for maps. :-)
Sep 16, 2015 4:57 pm
What a great idea!
Sep 16, 2015 5:49 pm
The scraping at the door. Currently only Grumble is aware, yes?
Sep 16, 2015 8:55 pm
Yes - everyone else is otherwise occupied, I believe
Sep 17, 2015 3:14 pm
Thank you for the maps thread! It's very helpful!

I laughed to see how isolated Grumble is from everyone else...
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.