The Temple of Elemental Evil game thread

load previous
Sep 9, 2015 3:11 am
As the snake jets back, darf siezes the opportunity and lets his arrow sink right inbetween its eyes. Realizing the toll that the bite took on Anrins health Darf rushes to his aid signaling the others.
Last edited September 9, 2015 3:15 am
Sep 9, 2015 3:38 am
If Darf kills the snake with his shot Matthias will rush to Anrin's aid and try to stop the bleeding.

Otherwise he will continue his original course of action and launch his spell.

Rolls

Medicine to stabilize Anrin (possibly] - (1d20+1)

(10) + 1 = 11

Sep 9, 2015 6:42 am
Already tense, Kaxaon explodes into action when he sees and hears the commotion down the hall. The end of the corridor is a long way away but he charges in like a bull. He unwinds the rusty, spiked, blood-encrusted chains wound about his forearms and sets them whirling. These are his weapons, wrought from the slavers chains that once held him. Memories of his enslavement fuel him now. He sees the halfling fall. Some sort of enormous snake. Kaxaon runs on.
I figure a dash would bring Kaxaon into striking distance, but he won't have an action available for an attack. He enters rage.
Sep 9, 2015 10:28 am
Normally a ready action requires the exact trigger to occur, but I will allow it. But...you lose sneak attack damage, dealing 10 points only

Darf sticks an arrow through the snake, which make it jump and recoil. Matthias shoots a firebolt and misses, and Kaxaon just reaches the snake in his dash whilst raging (5ft). It leaps out to attack, dealing 10pts damage. Kaxaon fights through the powerful poison

Elmo and spugnoir seem to be ignoring Grumble and travelling towards the corridor, but Turuko approaches:

"Someone is hurt from what I can see. An evil creature down the corridor is giving them trouble!"

(Image service is down)

Rolls

Adder bites Kaxaon - (1d20+6)

(9) + 6 = 15

Damage, halved - (1d4+4)

(4) + 4 = 8

Con save vs poison to halve it - (1d20+5)

(7) + 5 = 12

Poison damage - (3d6)

(624) = 12

Sep 9, 2015 10:52 am
Round 2
Darf (20)
Anrin (19, dying: +)
Kaxaon (18)
Matthias (13)
Giant adder (9, badly injured)
Kobort (9)
Elmo (5)
Turuko (5)
Grumble (5)
Spugnoir (3)
Sep 9, 2015 5:29 pm
Anrin lies at Ehlonna's mercy.

Rolls

Death saving throw - (1d20)

(13) = 13

Sep 11, 2015 2:53 am
"i thought that since my ready trigger was for someone to get close that would suffice for when the snake was close to him. My bad ill be more specific next time. xD
Sep 12, 2015 6:27 pm
OOC: Refresh my memory: When Darf aids/stabilizes Anrin, what is the target number for the check? I'll need to know in case he fails the roll.
Sep 13, 2015 6:29 am
Darf isn't really sure how to help so he frantically starts trying to suck poisen out of anrins bite.
Last edited September 13, 2015 6:31 am

Rolls

Aid anrin - (1d20-1)

(11) - 1 = 10

Sep 13, 2015 7:20 am
The poison that the snake pumped into Kaxaon only serves to enrage him. He wraps his spiked chain around the giant snake's neck and pulls the noose tight, his muscles bulging from the strain.
OOC:
*My description of Kaxaon's attack sounds like a Grapple, but I choose to make a regular melee attack.
*Savage attacker Feat: Once per turn when you roll damage for a melee weapon attack, you can reroll the weapon’s damage dice and use either total. I choose the higher result of course!
Last edited September 13, 2015 7:21 am

Rolls

Chain Attack - (1d20+6)

(18) + 6 = 24

Damage (Raging + Savage Attacker) - (2d6+6, 2d6+6)

2d6+6 : (44) + 6 = 14

2d6+6 : (46) + 6 = 16

Sep 13, 2015 10:46 am
10 is indeed the target. Darf's action has saved Anrin, who lies still, but Darf has a bitter taste in his mouth, which suddenly makes his mouth numb, paralysing his tongue.

(Disclaimer: it doesn't work in real life. Don't try it! The DC would be 27)

Kaxaon's chains explode the snake with such force that the head and tail are instantly separated. It'll take some work to get those chains clean again.

Anrin, Darf, Kaxaon and Matthias receive 12exp

Rubble lies around the room. There is some evidence that the snake took some victims here, including two clumps of hair, a bent sword, and torn leather strips.
Sep 13, 2015 10:59 pm
"Bravely done! Marvelous, really marvelous! The way its head came right off! One good thing about evil is that it often inspires courage to oppose it in the truly valiant. Yes, you and I," Grumble says, standing his weedy body next to the hulking berserker, "We're one of a kind!" Grumble pokes around a bit, looking through the odds and ends in the room (perception). "Another great thing about snakes? They make great soup!"

(edit: to post in-character. I think that I need to set this AFTER I add rolls; I've been doing it before I click "Advanced" and then don't think to check it afterward, and my selection to post as character seems to reset)
Last edited September 13, 2015 11:00 pm

Rolls

Perception check - (1d20+2)

(14) + 2 = 16

Sep 14, 2015 2:11 am
Matthias will go to check on Anrin, and seeing that he is doing OK will stare at this strange man who just wandered up and began talking, "And who, sir, might you be? I don't believe we've met."
Sep 14, 2015 3:11 am
Kaxaon mutters to himself, "Oh great, another talker! As if Spugnoir and that halfling weren't enough to make my head ache!" Dripping blood as he goes, he makes a circuit of the room to see if there's anything of interest.
OOC:
*If I find nothing of interest here, I'll go back into he corridor to check the still unexplored rooms.
*I'm down to 5 hit points.

Rolls

Perception - (1d20+4)

(9) + 4 = 13

Sep 14, 2015 10:14 am
Grumble stumbles upon a brightly jeweled dagger, just visible through the heavy litter. It was probably not intended as a weapon as it is encrusted with some of the finest-cut gems he has seen in a long time. It probably came from the time when this outpost was destroyed. Kaxaon catches a glimpse of it as he pulls it out.
Sep 14, 2015 11:34 am
Kaxaon is uninterested in non-practical weapons, and to his knowledge Spugnoir is seeking scrolls, not treasure. The big man shrugs but gazes at the chattering newcomer in a way that says, "I'm watching you." The man is right about the snake soup though. Finding nothing else, Kaxaon heads for one of the unexplored rooms. As he goes he wonders if Spugnoir might have bandages or a healing salve. The pain is ignorable but all the blood is making a slippery mess.
Last edited September 14, 2015 11:37 am
Sep 14, 2015 12:25 pm
Kaxaon stumbles into the room next to the stairs, going by the light of Anrin's torch on the ground. This room was once very opulent, obviously a place of many expensive furnishings. The remaining bits and tatters still appear rich but probably wouldn't hold any value.

2 doors remain on the other side of the hall. The others are still recovering from the shock of encountering such a deadly animal.

Elmo walks over. "What happened here? Is our Gallant injured? Oh...it's kinda dark here.

I don't have any healing salves"
Sep 14, 2015 12:58 pm
"As much as I hate to postpone our job here I think we may have to take Anrin back. He's too injured to continue on here, and with that poison in his veins it's best we get him to a healer," Matthias says, staring at the still form of his halfling friend laying on the ground.
Last edited September 14, 2015 12:58 pm
Sep 14, 2015 1:12 pm
Kaxaon grunts in reply to Matthias. He jerks a thumb at Spugnoir. "I go where he goes." He crosses the hall and tries one of the doors.
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.