Chapter 1 - The Beginning

load previous
Sep 9, 2015 2:16 am
Ütés:
You don't notice anything unusual or suspicious about the room itself. You check underneath the blankets on the straw cot. You move around some of the items on the small desk inside. Nothing unusual. The small foot locker at the bottom of the bed is empty, and you sense nothing unusual.

Green looks to Xadira first, "We have a supply room in hall 'E'. It's two hall's up from this one. This city will probably eat you up alive, I would stay away from the dock's district in particular, and Beggar's nest if you want to keep your personal belongings, and organs, intact. The Central District is the safest and does house a tavern and a small set of shops."

He then turns to Aelar, "The cafeteria here is three halls up from this one, in hall 'G'. You can always find a hot meal. We also have baths just down this hall at the end", Green gestures further down the hallway to the end door.

Last he turns to Crolwell, "We have a pair of pants on the way, they will be delivered to your room, and it sounds like you can follow your elf friend here to the cafeteria."

Watching Utes for a moment then turning back to the rest, "Is there anything else you require at this time?"
Sep 9, 2015 2:23 am
Content that there is nothing to worry about in the room, Ütés removes her tunic and armor, sets her equipment within quick reach just off to the side of the bed, and lies down to rest.

She'll get about four hours of rest if she's not disturbed and then find herself a meal.
Sep 9, 2015 3:30 am
"Did you say baths? Excellent. I'll also need a new robe. Similar to the one I'm wearing if possible. I'd prefer to have this one washed but I somehow doubt it's salvageable." I'll clean myself up, have a nice meal, and then hit the supplies. I'll also poke around and see if there are any magical items in the vicinity. You never know when you may come across something interesting!

Rolls

Detect Magic (Ritual) - (1d20+6)

(3) + 6 = 9

Sep 9, 2015 3:35 am
Aelar will go clean up quickly and then lead Crolwell to the cafeteria to eat. After the meal he will head to the supply room to get some new clothes and see if they have any weapons or armor there that he could use.

Specifically looking for Studded Leather, a Shortbow, and a Sling (easy to hide and find ammo for)
Sep 9, 2015 3:46 am
Since Crolwell has nothing much on his mind and the Fairy hadn't specifically given him a due date, the Old Man will cheerfully tag along behind Aelar. Crolwell would begin by looking around... after rummaging about and picking up every shiny thing there (and gives up when he realizes there is too much).
Last edited September 9, 2015 5:53 am

Rolls

Perception... What is in the room? - (1d20+1)

(5) + 1 = 6

Sep 9, 2015 5:18 am
Xadira:
You sense some magical items here and there, small trinkets really with mostly residual magic. But as you walk around you find one room in particular that glows with magical energies. The room has a high-elf sitting behind a desk. A large metal vault behind him is aglow with magic. There are attendants walking here and there putting magical items in lock boxes behind the desk and A few l working in other desks off to the side area. They are writing numbers and dates in large tomes, cataloging everything. With the detect magic spell this room is almost so brightly glowing with magic you inadvertently squint a bit as you look at it.

Upon youe eventual return to your room you will find not only robes that look exactly like your old ones, to the smallest stitch, but your original clothes are there as well, they are immaculate. They didn't even look this pristine the day you first purchased them. There are two more outfits that are amazingly trendy in comparison to the plain robes and garb most of the other Daggers have been sporting.

Utes:
You get 4 hours of uninterrupted sleep. However it isn't easy sleep. The same images that have been cycling keep moving through your mind. The prince. The hooded figure. The bottle of something darker than obsidian. The bodies strewn across the tavern. The prince. The hooded figure. The bottle. The bodies. You can't seem to get the images to stop cycling. Waking brings a small sense of relief from the images.

Aelar:
Feeling refreshed you find that you are given a clean set of clothes from the storeroom that Crolwell got his from. You also find that they sell basic adventuring gear and armor here as well. As you are not fully fledged members they will sell them for standard market price.

[ GM: The prices set in the PHB for adventuring gear and basic weapons ]

Crolwell:
Really you just see a very very large main hall with a lot of small hallways leading off from it. There are lots of books here, for those of interest, but no flubas. Doesn't seem to be much of a room without flubas.

Everybody:
As you all, in turn, make your way to the cafeteria you find A large banquet table filled with food. If there is a single animal that you have heard could be roasted, boiled, or stewed, it seems to be on this table. There are also fresh in season fruits and small desert cakes dotted along the long table. The hall goes down a long way and there is another filled table on the other side. There are servants constantly bringing new foods out to the table and clearing plates from those who have eaten and left. As you walk past the table looking at food a roasted duck comes out on a platter past you still sizzling on the spit.

Even Utes, in her time with royalty, has never seen a banquet quite as grand. Barrels of Ale and Mead are being tapped in between the banquet tables. You will not go hungry this night at all.
Sep 9, 2015 1:22 pm
Aelar will purchase a sling and 20 sling bullets and store them in a pouch on his belt. He will then rest in his room for a couple of hours, practicing his music and trying to work his way through the terrible images in his head.

After a couple of hours resting and playing Aelar will try to find Samuel or Taft, asking around until he can find them.

Assuming he can find one of them:

"I was wondering if you had anyone here that would be willing to teach me how to pick locks. I don't know what we will come up against when trying to rescue our friends and I want to be prepared."

Spending 1 sp and 4 cp on a sling and 20 bullets
Last edited September 9, 2015 2:12 pm

Rolls

Performance (Practicing music) - (1d20+5)

(8) + 5 = 13

Persuasion - (1d20+3)

(8) + 3 = 11

Sep 9, 2015 10:31 pm
Awestruck by the amount of food available to her, Ütés takes for advantage of the hospitality and takes her fill. After finishing her meal she'll set off about the complex to see what the others are up to.

Not looking for anyone or anything in particular, she's just kind of roaming around.
Sep 10, 2015 1:03 am
Crolwell refuses to eat the food as soon as he sees Aelar practicing Crolwell will attempt to play his Fluba along with Aelar's performance. Trying to outplay the youthful bard.

Rolls

Performance - (1d20+3)

(7) + 3 = 10

Sep 10, 2015 4:46 am
Aelar:
You purchase your goods and as you do try to practice your music Crolwell comes up and starts tooting his horn. He actually keeps up decently well and you both get an interesting flow going for a bit. It helps to ease your mind. You leave and eventually find Taft, he still has his ash grey skin, white pupilless eyes, and long white hair. He politely brings you to another member of the blades, a halfling named Sneak Cutpurse (part of you thinks that isn't his given name). Seeing your silver pin he gladly agrees to start teaching a Daggers hopeful his tricks of the trade.

Ütés:
You eat your fill and wander the complex. You see Aelar walking about with a new sling and ammo bag. You do catch glimpses of both Taft and Samuel, as well as the gnome Green that helped you earlier. They are moving around looking generally busy. You hear Crolwell tooting that fluba of his from somewhere. You are able to find the supplies in the event you would like to purchase any. You also see that Xadira had been gawking at some vault door for some time. You also just see a lot of people wearing the dagger pins in a few varying colors. Gold and silver you are aware of, there are also a few copper, some brass, and you even see one made out of electrum, a mixed metal of silver and gold.

Crolwell:
Though the bard is able to keep pace ahead of you, you do certainly show you are no spring chicken in comparison to his skill. You actually get into a fairly good rhythm with your fluba as you and the elf go toe to toe in a friendly musical competition. He leaves, saying he is off to find someone.
Sep 10, 2015 1:44 pm
Aelar gives Crolwell a friendly pat on the shoulder, "As usual, a pleasure playing with you. Maybe we can play again soon, but I have a couple things that I have to take care of right now."

"Thank you for your help, once again," Aelar says to Taft and then turns to Sneak, "and well met, Sneak, I appreciate your help with this, more than you know. Lives could depend on this," he finishes grimly.
Last edited September 10, 2015 1:48 pm
Sep 10, 2015 6:50 pm
Aelar:
Sneak supplies you with a set of Thieves tools of your own from the supply in the warehouse and spends some times showing you the basics of lock picking and simplistic traps. With the tools you can now attempt to do these tasks, but as you are untrained in it you can roll a dexterity check to pick locks and disarm traps, but you do not add anything else to the roll yet.

[ GM: You can add the thieves tools to your inventory now, they are yours. You can also attempt lock picking and trap disarming with the tools. You roll 1d20 + DEX MOD. Once you become proficient you also add your proficiency bonus. ]
Sep 10, 2015 8:57 pm
Stopping by the storeroom Ütés slowly looks over the available items while mentally taking an inventory of what she has with her. Feeling satisfied that she has what she needs she turns to leave when something catches her eye - "Ooooh, that could come in handy!". She politely calls the storeroom attendant over and hands him two gold pieces.

Strapping her new whip to her belt she leaves and tries to catch up with Aelar.
Sep 10, 2015 9:06 pm
As the evening sets in Taft finds your group and tells you that him and Samuel have started to hear back on some leads to where the prisoners may be held. They are working hard to try and find them and verify their validity. By this time supper has finished being served and it seems like most of the complex is winding down for the night. There are some regular guard patrols that walk the massive center hall and people moving here to there, night owls probably, taking books off to read.

[ GM: Is there anything else your group would like to accomplish this evening before turning in for the night? ]
Sep 10, 2015 9:21 pm
Even after her four hour nap Ütés is still feeling pretty tired. Saying her goodnights to the others she heads back to her room for the night.
Sep 11, 2015 3:51 pm
After the day he has had Aelar is exhausted. He bids a good night to his companions and retires to his room. As soon as his head hits the pillow he is asleep.
Sep 11, 2015 11:52 pm
Crolwell stays up late since it is probably his turn to take watch (we took watch LAST time). After a short time he just falls asleep, while guarding the entrance to his room.
Last edited September 11, 2015 11:53 pm
Sep 12, 2015 2:09 pm
After such a long rest you feel fully refreshed. when you awake you are summoned to Samuel's office again and Taft is waiting there as well. Samuel says, "We have good news, and bad news. The good news is we have located the locations of both the prince, and the troupe. The bad news is they are in two different locations. One is out in the Sword Coast on a fairly remote island. The other is far to the east, is the city of Salar."

He pauses to gauge your reaction to this news.
Sep 12, 2015 3:59 pm
"And of those two, where would I find the prince?"
Sep 12, 2015 4:19 pm
Aelar will groan, "Just our luck. Who is in which location? And who do we rescue first?" he will ask hopelessly.
Last edited September 12, 2015 4:57 pm
load next

Thread locked