Chapter 1 - The Beginning

load previous
Sep 13, 2015 4:44 am
"To the east is the prince. We believe he is currently being held prisoner with The Bard. We do not know why yet. The troupe has been taken to the island. They seem to be in an old fortress there. Our spies again do not know the meaning of this but they have reported large caravans bringing supplies into the fortress. The caravan's are being guarded by gnolls. But it could be an opportunity into the fortress.", Samuel explains.

"We are not asking you do this alone, The Bard has also made an enemy in The Daggers and we will be more than glad to assist. We will have an agent at each location for you to meet and who will work to aid you however they can.", Taft chimes in, "I have seen all of you fight. You can certainly hold your own, and it will be an honor for The Daggers to serve by your side, and I hope in time you will consider becoming a part of our organization yourselves."
Sep 13, 2015 4:48 am
Aelar will shake his head, "This is an impossible situation, how should we know what to do? Based on what your scouts have discovered, which place would be easier to get into?"
Sep 13, 2015 5:04 am
"Given the nature of the caravan, your troupe would be the easiest to get to, from a strategic standpoint. It provides us with a way in, past the heavily guarded exterior to a place where the resistance will probably be more manageable.", Taft says. He looks to Utes and sees this is probably not the information she wanted to hear, "I do not mean to disrespect you or your prince Utes. This is merely the easiest route of the two. Though the Daggers will assist you no matter your decision.".
Sep 13, 2015 5:10 am
Samuel continues, "We will let you and your party discuss this, and offer whatever insight we can. You had been on our list for selection to join because you are all highly skilled, if anyone is capable enough to handle these tasks I have no doubt it shall be you all."
Sep 13, 2015 6:19 am
"I think we should get my troupe first, they are less valuable as prisoners than the prince is, and once we have them free they can assist in rescuing the prince, Felix has contacts all over the place, and who knows what other info the Daggers will have collected about the Prince's situation that will make it easier to rescue him." Aelar will say to Utes, the only other member with a deeper personal connection to the prisoners. He will sound as sympathetic as possible, trying to show he does care about her predicament too.
Sep 13, 2015 4:06 pm
Ütés shoots a glare towards Aelar as he proposes finding his troupe before the young prince.

Her orders were clear; find the prince by any means necessary and return him to the royal court. There were to be no diversions, no delays, and no excuses. Having never disobeyed an order from any of her superiors, let alone the King, she could feel her stomach turn as Aelar continued. "No one could have foreseen these circumstances" she started to rationalize "and the talents that these others possess could only be a benefit towards the rescue of the prince."

Ütés stares at the ground. "I will help with the rescue of your troupe, Aelar" her usual strong voice faltering just a bit with guilt as she continues "but when we're done there we are to head directly to Salar to find the prince!"
Sep 13, 2015 5:31 pm
Aelar nods to Utes, sympathy clear on his face, "I understand this isn't easy for you, but we will rescue the prince as soon as we have my troupe back. You'd be amazed at the skills they have, they'll be invaluable in rescuing the prince"

Aelar thinks back at all of the things that the troupe taught him, from swords to stealth to sorcery, and most importantly compassion, he had learned something from them all. His face takes on a determined look and he drops to a knee before Utes, "I swear on my life and my magic that I will return your prince to you, safe and unharmed, and I will not rest until it is done," Aelar stands and feels a wave of calm wash over him, confident in his ability to keep his promise. He then feels his magic flaring up in his body, begging for release, eager to keep the promise he has made.
Last edited September 14, 2015 7:54 pm
Sep 14, 2015 10:48 pm
"Then it has been decided! When do we lea...." Ütés' voice trails off as she looks over at Xadira and Crolwell.

"My apologies. I've allowed my eagerness to begin the journey get the better of me. Please tell me that you will both be joining Aelar and myself."
Sep 14, 2015 10:52 pm
Crolwell frowns and looks between Ütés and Aelar.
"Then it is decided! We leave after a long and hearty breakfast! Hopefully of Bacon and Eggs!"
Crolwell will then swing his axe and slam it into the floor.
Last edited September 15, 2015 1:20 am

Rolls

Attacking the Floor - (1d20+6)

(15) + 6 = 21

Sep 15, 2015 1:15 am
"Yes yes, of course. But first you must tell me- what sort of magical artifacts do you keep here? Can I see them?? I direct my question to Samuel. I've already 'casually' wandered by that room 4 times in the past hour and now that we're about to leave for some kind of journey, I am growing desperate. It doesn't hurt to ask, although I am kicking myself for not asking late last night after having finished studying and looking over my notes notes ahead of schedule. I didn't even taste the supper as I ate it, although I was very careful not to get any food bits on my new but familiar-looking robes. Oh yes, having a spare robe will come in handy. Aelar and Ütés seem very somber all of a sudden. I wonder why that is.
Sep 15, 2015 2:12 am
As Crolwell succesfully cracks his axe through the stone of the floor Samuel frowns a bit, knowing full well he will have quite a time replacing that stone. His attention turns to Xadira.

"The Daggers have amassed a collection of artifacts in our dealings, as well as some taken from those trying to bring death and destruction into our worlds. Much of it I should not discuss, and you will not be allowed to see, but before you head out for your mission I would ask you to visit the vault room. They should be expecting you and some added protection will be issued to you", he says.

"We shouldn't take up any more of your time, you have your heading. If you head to The Harbor district of Neverwinter we should have a ship waiting for you. The captain is...peculiar...but she is one of the best captains we have. There will also be a storm sorcerer on board to ensure a safe trip. I can't say the same for what you will encounter on the island. When you get to the port town there our contact should find you", Samuel adds, "We will also work to find any more information we can on how to get to the prince, or the motives of The Bard."
Sep 15, 2015 3:21 am
Aelar will bow gracefully, "Thank you for the help, it is very much appreciated. We will be back soon with my troupe. Hopefully by then you will have some more information on the Prince," he will bow one more time and turn to leave, heading for the vault to see what other assistance they are offering.
Sep 15, 2015 3:39 am
"Oh excellent, that is wonderful. Let us all go then and see this vault of yours, and once we've packed our provisions we can be on our way."
Sep 15, 2015 4:08 am
Crolwell smiles, "Magic is a fickle thing my dear. Which explains you very well". He says, turning toward Xadira and letting out a snorting laugh.
He then elbows Aelar and whispers seriously into his ear, trying not to let Samuel hear, "This Bard feller that he just mentioned. I've never heard of him before... have I missed something?"
Last edited September 15, 2015 4:09 am
Sep 15, 2015 2:28 pm
Aelar will chuckle at Crolwell, not surprised by his antics, "I will explain on the way"
Sep 15, 2015 9:16 pm
Saying nothing, as she's still not 100% trusting of the daggers, Ütés turns and follows the others.
Sep 16, 2015 3:35 am
As you arrive at the vault there is a fairly tall high-elf there with various large ledgers in front of him. He is looking through a small pair of spectacles at the end of his nose at this and that. A few gnomes come up holding items. He jots something down and waves them away. Finally noticing your presence he says, "Ah, the new recruits. Off on assignment already?"

He doesn't really wait to hear a response as he starts flipping through the pages of his ledgers, "Hmm. Yes, let's see, we have some things we hope will aid you in your mission". As he is saying this four gnomes come out. He gives them a number and they all disappear into the vault. Shortly after they all emerge with items.

As a gnome walks to Aelar with a green pair of boots the elf says, "Aelar, you are to receive the Boots of Elvenkind. Walking with these makes no sound no matter the surface you tread on. You will also have advantage over your enemies if you move stealthfully."

A gnome brings Xadira a red cloak with decrative gold trim, the elf says, "You Xadira are assigned the Cape of the Montebank. This will allow you to cast Dimension Door once per day. Be careful, it does leave a puff of smoke where you disappear from, and appear at. Take that into consideration when you move."

A gnome brings a small circlet to Ütés, the elf continues, "Ütés, you have received the Circlet of Blasting, this will, once a day, grant you access to the spell Scorching Ray (+5 atk bonus)."

The last gnome brings what looks to just be a fairly standard metal rod, maybe about 2-3 feet long, with a decorative bull on the end, the elf continues, "This may seem fairly typical Crolwell, but this is actually an immovable rod. Press the button on the end and the rod becomes completely immovable, even if it is floating in mid-air. Press it again and it will release. This bar is near impossible to move when activated.

After he finishes speaking the elf checks a few things off on his list and without looking back to you he says, "Is there anything else I may help you with?"

[ GM: Make sure to mark these items on character sheets, I will forget all about them. ]
Sep 16, 2015 1:35 pm
Crolwell does not respond, it is very apparent that he is fascinated with this rod. He'll be charging Aelar, Ütés, and Xadira and pressing the button right before impact. laughing insanely.
Sep 16, 2015 1:54 pm
Every time Crolwell charges the group, as he flips the button the bar suddenly sticks in the place it was where activated and Crolwell simply runs into it. With enough effort he feels like he could possibly move it, but even for a barbarian as strong as him, it would be quite an undertaking.

[ GM: The rod can be moved, but a creature must make a strength check of DC 30 to actually push it at all. ]
Sep 16, 2015 8:00 pm
Aelar will slip on the new boots, "No, this should be fine, thank you," he will say to the high elf. He will watch Crolwell's antics with amusement and will wait for the others to ready themselves to depart.
load next

Thread locked