Game Play: Welcome to White Oak

load previous
Oct 6, 2015 9:45 pm
There is no door just an entrance way on the opposite corner of the room.

You gather around the opposite corner of the room and peer down the hallway. It turns abruptly to the left after only fix or six feet and the flickering of torches becomes clear. Vex pokes his head around the corner and finds that the hallway to left is very narrow but like the rest of the caves has been recently worked to add some height. There are three torches running along the left wall, spaced evenly, about 20 feet apart and you can see that the tunnel once again turns to the left. Just after each torch is a small tunnel, maybe 3 feet in height and just as narrow as the main hallway.

BAD-ASS MAP TIME (Squares are 5'x5')

http://i.imgur.com/xBNxj0E.jpg
Oct 6, 2015 10:43 pm
"Everyone, stay a few steps behind, I'm going to scout ahead!" Vex tells his friends, before moving down the hallway to the first corridor, peeking around the corner carefully when he gets there.

Rolls

Stealth - (1d20+4)

(7) + 4 = 11

Perception - (1d20+2)

(12) + 2 = 14

Oct 6, 2015 11:32 pm
The rest of you watch as Vex moves slowly down the narrow passageway. He stops to peek into the first corridor when you hear the growling and barking of wolves, at least two at first, and then more join in.

szemely sent a note to Naatkinson
Oct 6, 2015 11:35 pm
Vex will take a step back so that the wolves can no longer see him and will wait a moment to see if any gobos come around the corner. If they do he is prepared to drop some holy fire on their sorry faces.

Readied action to cast Sacred Flame on any gobos that come around the corner
Oct 7, 2015 3:51 am
Looking at the very narrow passage barely large enough for single file (and probably a tight squeeze for Valrakas), Erevior mutters "Man, I don' like this..."
and walks down the tight tunnel to support the gnome. He knows he can't get past Vex in that tight space, but he figures he'll be able to throw a javelin over his head should any enemies appear.
Oct 7, 2015 4:14 am
The passage is horribly narrow and claustrophobic to Cyriel. Elves aren't made for underground.
He waits at the rear alert to any need of his special services.
Oct 7, 2015 6:44 am
As Cyriel pauses Valrakas moves forward a few paces behind Erevior. The tunnel is a tight squeeze for the minotaur, particularly one such as he, used to fresh air and sea spray.
Oct 7, 2015 9:43 pm
Out of view of the wolves their noisemaking slowly starts to wind down when you hear a heavy door closing from further down the passageway. You hear a single set of footsteps and the sing-song voice (well, as sing-song as the guttural vomit of a goblin speaking can get) of a goblin heading your way. He turns the corner just in time to look up to see a radiance raining down upon him.

Taking a direct hit the goblin shakes his head, trying to get his bearings. Yelling out in broken common, "No hurt me doggies!!" while running into the furthest of the little tunnels.

szemely sent a note to szemely

Rolls

Secret Roll

Secret Roll

Oct 8, 2015 2:53 am
"Well, the cat's out of the bag now. Are we going to move forward?" **sort of quickly!**
Oct 8, 2015 6:17 am
Valrakas moves to launch his harpoon at the fleeing goblin but Erevior is in his way and the goblin manages to duck into the far tunnel. The minotaur recklessly charges after the gobo, pushing Erevior along in front of him.
Oct 8, 2015 6:33 am
The goblin seems less threatening than Valrakas' horns, so Erevior shoves Vex ahead of him, and they all charge down the tight passage.
*Well,* Erevior thinks as they run past the first passage with all the wolves, *I guess we won't hurt his doggies after all...I wonder if Cyriel can handle a whole pack of wolves...?*
Last edited October 8, 2015 6:35 am
Oct 8, 2015 10:57 am
As described above, the three tunnels to the left are narrow and only about three feet in height. Vex has peeked down the first and the goblin ran down the last one.
Oct 8, 2015 12:56 pm
As the party passes by, Vex will look down the second tunnel and, if there's nothing of particular interest down there, will continue and peek around the corner of the third tunnel, attempting to do so without being noticed.

Rolls

Perception (Tunnel 2) - (1d20+2)

(17) + 2 = 19

Perception (Tunnel 3) - (1d20+2)

(10) + 2 = 12

Stealth - (1d20+4)

(2) + 4 = 6

Oct 8, 2015 2:34 pm
As the side tunnels are impassable to his bulk, Valrakas slows down and tries exploring the main tunnel.

Rolls

Perception - (1d20+2)

(6) + 2 = 8

Stealth - (1d20+1)

(6) + 1 = 7

Oct 8, 2015 9:42 pm
As Vex moves past the first tunnel the two wolves behind the locked gate start their growling and yelping once again. Almost immediately you hear the goblin from down the hall yell out something in its native tongue and the two wolves quiet down. The situation plays out almost exactly the same as Vex moves past the second tunnel with the goblin's commands having a calming effect on the wolves. Peeking around into the third tunnel the goblin calls out in bad common "Please, no beard dwarf, don't hurt me doggies!"

szemely sent a note to Naatkinson
Valrakas follows in behind Vex and continues to the end of the tunnel.

szemely sent a note to Jabes.plays.RPG
Oct 8, 2015 10:03 pm
Valrakas doubles back and beckons to the others to follow him down the main tunnel. As he waits for them to catch up he pokes his harpoon threateningly into the opening of the third side tunnel. "Shut yer trap or ye'll dangle from me horns after I skin yer doggies fer me supper." The minotaur leads his companions to the wooden door he found further down the main tunnel.
Last edited October 8, 2015 10:04 pm
Oct 8, 2015 10:12 pm
The goblin gives the huge minotaur a glare and yells "BRAK DA GUH!" and then leads the wolves and himself out of view.
Oct 8, 2015 11:14 pm
Cyriel follows behind. The corridors are so narrow, and Valrakas is so big, he can't see what's happening ahead.
Oct 9, 2015 3:10 pm
Erevior is very impressed with Valrakas, and follows his lead south.
Oct 9, 2015 3:15 pm
Vex narrows his eyes and grinds his teeth, 'No beard dwarf, am I? I'll show him... he thinks to himself. He takes a moment and points down where the goblin disappeared and suddenly Val can be seen rushing after him, harpoon held high. Vex smiles, That illusion should teach him to insult me!

With that he turns to follow Val.

OOC: Vex cast Minor Illusion to create an image of Val to chase the goblin around the corner!
Last edited October 9, 2015 3:15 pm
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.