Game Play: Welcome to White Oak

load previous
Oct 13, 2015 1:31 am
The axe hits home, catching the left most goblin right in the chest, and just about drives clean through. He's dead before he hits the ground. Goblin #1 is KIA

As you bring your axe back about you catch a glimpse as the goblin who ducked Cyriel's attack charges past you, yelling "You eat now, stupid elf!" He launches an overhead strike with his scimitar connecting hard with Cyriel's collar bone. [6HP Damage]

Catching his bearings after ducking out of Valrakas' grapple attempt, the other goblin turns on his would be wrestling partner. Taking a wild slash with his sword he catches the Minotaur on his forearm with a grazing hit. [3HP Damage]

Valrakas is up and then the top of the order.

Valrakas is engaged with Goblin #2.
Cyriel is engaged with Goblin #3.
Vex is to the right of Goblin #3 and Cyriel.
Erevior is the left of Goblin #2 and Valrakas.

Initiative Order:
Vex
Cyriel
Erevior
Goblins(2 & 3)
Valrakas

Rolls

Secret Roll

Secret Roll

Oct 13, 2015 2:56 am
Cyriel says, "Ouch. Seriously? You can't protect me from a stupid goblin??" The elf actually sounds quite angry, but doesn't address anyone in particular. Looking severely hurt he murmurs, "I'm done with this nonsense." He then weaves a spell.
Last edited October 13, 2015 3:01 am

Rolls

Sleep targeting 3 goblins (total Hps affected) - (5d8)

(66673) = 28

Oct 13, 2015 9:19 am
Valrakas doesn't even feel the nick on his forearm but he roars with rage and swings his massive head down to gore the offending goblin, then he moves and his horns swing down again to catch the other goblin and fling it against the wall.

Horns attack vs. Goblin #2
Hammering Horns bonus shove vs. Goblin #3
Where's Goblin #4?
3hp damage - is that before or after factoring in damage resistance from raging?

Rolls

Horns attack vs. Goblin #2 - (1d20+5)

(6) + 5 = 11

damage - (1d10+3)

(10) + 3 = 13

Hammering Horns bonus shove vs. Goblin #3 (advantage) - (1d20+5, 1d20+5)

1d20+5 : (19) + 5 = 24

1d20+5 : (17) + 5 = 22

Oct 13, 2015 12:51 pm
Vex, seeing Cyriel take a vicious hit steps up to the goblin (#3) and viciously attacks with his sword.

Rolls

Attack/Damage on Gobo #3 - (1d20+4, 1d6+2)

1d20+4 : (8) + 4 = 12

1d6+2 : (2) + 2 = 4

Oct 13, 2015 1:54 pm
Erevior pulls out his rope and ties up the two sleeping goblins (assuming they weren't both killed before Cyriel's spell, and assuming he hasn't fallen asleep himself).

(OOC: Vex's Sacred Flame killed #4.)
Last edited October 13, 2015 2:14 pm
Oct 13, 2015 9:55 pm
Once again the mouthy goblin (#2) is just too quick for Valrakas as he’s able to duck under the horns and roll to his left. Cyriel’s attacker, however, isn’t as lucky and feels the full brunt as he’s shoved safely away from Cyriel and into the wall.

[Valrakas' 3HP of damage was before the raging - please adjust accordingly]

Seeing the goblin shoved away, Vex jumps in and takes a wild swing with his sword, but it harmlessly misses its mark.

Having enough of, well, everyone and everything, Cyriel’s quickly works a sleep spell centered on the action and the goblins slump to the ground. They slowly curl up into a fetal position and start to loudly snore. Vex, seeing the sleeping goblins, turns to Cyriel to praise his actions (or curse him, the expression on his face could go either way) only to fall straight forward. Of course Cyriel never would have heard Vex as he too has fallen to the ground asleep; most likely dreaming that the rest of you were capable adventurers, worthy of his presence.

Surveying the scene Erevior moves in quickly and secures the two goblins with some rope.

Vex, Cyriel, and both goblins are asleep. The two baddies have been secured.
You're in a rather large room. In addition to the table that the goblins were at when you first entered the room there are what passes for goblin beds (eight of them) on the other side of the room. There is an exit opposite from where you entered.
Oct 14, 2015 12:45 am
Once he's finished tying the goblins, Erevior will yawn, and then shake Vex and Cyriel gently awake. When they've started to wake up, he'll sleepily search the beds for any clues about the kidnapping or the key.
Last edited October 14, 2015 12:45 am

Rolls

Perception to search room (WIS + prof) - (1d20+3)

(6) + 3 = 9

Oct 14, 2015 2:32 am
Erevior: A search of the room turns up nothing as far as clues go. Near the beds you find a bone handled dagger with what appears to be a goblin word carved into the handle, a small wooden shield, 23 CP, and five GP.
Oct 14, 2015 2:59 am
Groggily climbing to his feet Vex looks around, mumbling under his breath, "Can't even let me get a nap in," he stretches and, seeing Erevior searching the room, will join in.

Rolls

Perception - (1d20+2)

(12) + 2 = 14

Oct 14, 2015 3:24 am
Cyriel wakes up, and looks immediately at the bound goblins. "My spell worked then? Lucky I'm here." Then he winces and grabs his bleeding shoulder. Remembering how much pain he is in, he drops to one knee in agony. "Guys, I really don't feel well."
Oct 14, 2015 3:36 am
Hearing the pain in his friend's voice Vex is shaken out of his sleepy stupor. He quickly rushes to his side, looking over the wound, "This doesn't look good at all, and I'm all out of healing. Hold still, I'll bandage it as best as I can," he says and begins to bandage the wound.

Rolls

Medicine to Bandage Cyriel - (1d20+2)

(9) + 2 = 11

Oct 14, 2015 4:47 am
Erevior is not sure whether Valrakas can wield his harpoon in one giant fist, so the elf offers the minotaur use of the shield.
"Can have this, if you want." He gives each of the others 1 GP and 6 CP, then considers and gives another GP to Cyriel. "Took a pretty good hit, my brother...sorry to wake you!" (this means he keeps 1 GP and 5 CP for himself)
Then he shows the goblin inscription on the dagger to the mage. "Don't know this word; do you?"

If Valrakas doesn't want the shield, Erevior'll toss it aside. He doesn't consider for a moment that anyone else would use it.

"Eight beds, six dead goblins, two caught ones. You want to talk them," (indicating the bound goblins to Vex) "or you?" (to Valrakas).
Last edited October 14, 2015 4:55 am
Oct 14, 2015 6:10 am
Valrakas accepts the shield and straps it onto the wounded forearm with a wink and a grin at Erevior. The minotaur then strides over and picks up the bundle of goblins with one hand. He brings the bundle up level with his horns, roughly shaking the gobos awake and pricking them with his horns. "Wake up, ye filthy maggots! Wake, or I'll give ye to me wizard friend 'ere to turn into worms for me pet fish!"
Last edited October 14, 2015 6:11 am
Oct 14, 2015 10:30 pm
Vex: Your search of the room doesn’t turn up anything that Erevior hadn’t already found but does drive home the fact that goblins are pretty disgusting creatures. Hearing Cyriel's voice you move over and administer some first aid to help stop the bleeding.
szemely sent a note to Naatkinson
Valrakas violently shakes the two sleeping beauties awake. One of them just sighs, resigning himself to the fact that he’ll probably end up as fish food. The other, still recovering from his nap, lets out a scream and starts pumping his legs in order to run away. It doesn’t help but looks hilarious.

Gobo #1: "We no talking to you, beast man!"
Gobo #2: Says something (in Goblin) to Gobo #1.
Gobo #1: "Maybe we talking to you! If you no kill us."
Oct 14, 2015 11:54 pm
After treating Cyriel's wound Vex sighs, "We can't move on from here Cyriel has had some time to recover from this wound. He's lost quite a bit of blood," he says, and then leads Cyriel to one of the beds to sit down and rest.
Oct 15, 2015 3:26 am
Cyriel thanks Vex for tending his wounds and when led to the nasty goblin bed he haughtily says, "Er, I think I'd rather stand, thank you." Even for an elf he looks rather pale. Curious, he looks at the dagger and says, "Looks like goblin to me. I have no desire to learn goblin." He says to the most talkative goblin, "What does this symbol say?"

Responding to Vex, he says, "You know, if resting can let you heal me, I am in favor of that, but if not we need to rescue the villagers. Just keep me at the back and I'll be fine."
Oct 15, 2015 6:26 pm
Erevior's not particularly good at it, but as the old Sedestra saying goes, "Sometimes even the blind catoblepas gets a meal." So he's trying to talk with these guys.

Masking his distaste, the elf says to the dangling goblins: "There's a boy from village was taken. Where is the boy?"

Edit: Yeah, he's really not good at it.
Last edited October 15, 2015 6:27 pm

Rolls

Persuasion - (1d20+1)

(3) + 1 = 4

Oct 15, 2015 9:53 pm
The goblins won't even acknowledge Cyriel or Vex; their full attention is being given to the minotaur.
Oct 16, 2015 5:27 am
Valrakas shakes the goblins violently once more. "Speak, ye lice infested bilge monkeys! What's that symbol on th' knife an' where be th' laddie? Speak, damn ye, or I'll skin ye alive 'fore ye get magicked into fish-bait!"
Oct 16, 2015 6:31 pm
"Stop, beast man!" the first goblin yells as the second starts chattering away in its native tongue to the first. Letting out a little sigh the first one continues on...

"Don't know symbol on the knife. Only newcomers can read. Don't know about human boy. Do know newcomers went on raid last night to village. If human taken it probably with Creld"
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.