Game Play: Welcome to White Oak

load previous
Oct 16, 2015 6:37 pm
Cyriel says to Valrakas, "Sounds like a rebel unit of goblins. From what I know goblins don't read... Ever. They detest books. But I need to rest." Cyriel sits on a bed and enters an elven trance... Hopefully for an hour.

Rolls

Recovery roll - (1d6+1)

(6) + 1 = 7

Oct 16, 2015 7:13 pm
Valrakas dumps the goblins on the ground. While his companions rest he sits, grinning at the gobos menacingly.
Oct 16, 2015 8:03 pm
"Who is Creld?" Erevior asks, glancing at the other exit. Is it a door (open? closed?) or a passage?
Oct 16, 2015 8:17 pm
"Creld new leader. Human magic person, bring in new goblin tribe."

The exit is just an open hallway. Goes for five feet and then "T"s...
Oct 16, 2015 8:46 pm
Valrakas follows Erevior's gaze down the passageway. "You reckon one o' us best be guardin' while our friends take their respite? Aye. You or I?"
Last edited October 16, 2015 8:46 pm
Oct 16, 2015 10:09 pm
Erevior grins at the giant bovine man.
"You from the sea - this your chance to show us your skill at fishing!" He mimes casting a line. "Go see what you catch..." Here Erevior mimes walking with his fingers, then they hop with surprise and run back again. "...you maybe bring us back some Go Bos for big surprise!" His other fist mimes attacking the running fingers and he laughs.

Erevior loves the idea of goblins chasing one of the party into an ambush from the rest of the group, but he blames his limited language skills for not being able to convey that idea well. *Of course,* the elf thinks to himself, *the minotaur might just fight them all himself. He certainly seems the sort to enjoy the thrill of battle a bit too much to share it with others...* He frowns at that idea. *Oh well; there's certainly nothing to do about it now. Next time I'll make abundantly certain that I'll go.*
Last edited October 16, 2015 10:14 pm
Oct 17, 2015 6:43 am
Valrakas is thoroughly entertained by Erevior's finger puppetry. He rises to his geet (er...hooves) with a grin, and glint in his eye. Aye! I be off t' catch us a few slimy fishies! With that he heads down the passageway. At the intersection he gazes down both tunnel branches by the light of his harpoon, trying to decide which way to go.
Oct 17, 2015 4:03 pm
Valrakas leaves to investigate the tunnel as the others stay back to rest, which is doing Cyriel a world of good. Vex and Erevior keep watch on either of the exits and see no signs of trouble

Slides a note to Valrakas...
szemely sent a note to Jabes.plays.RPG
Oct 18, 2015 7:07 am
Erevior hums "Grell, You'll Be a Wemic" to himself, finding it hard not to stare at the bound goblins.
(the song in our world)
Last edited October 18, 2015 4:01 pm
Oct 18, 2015 9:30 am
Valrakas heads deeper into the tunnel complex...

Jabes.plays.RPG sent a note to szemely
Labyrinthine Recall [Racial]: You can perfectly recall any path you have traveled.

Rolls

Perception - (1d20+2)

(1) + 2 = 3

Stealth - (1d20+1)

(13) + 1 = 14

Oct 18, 2015 4:08 pm
The bound goblins almost seemed amused as Erevior hums his tune. One of them speaks up, "You let us go now? Gleek will be back soon after he done with his doggies and then you in trouble!" The second goblin mutters something to the first and although you can't make what he's saying, it's obvious that he's not happy with the first one. They start to bicker back and forth.

Oct 18, 2015 4:14 pm
Valrakas listens at the door.

OOC: Ugh.
Last edited October 18, 2015 4:14 pm

Rolls

Perception - (1d20+2)

(3) + 2 = 5

Stealth - (1d20+1)

(6) + 1 = 7

Oct 18, 2015 4:19 pm
Notes to Valrakas
Oct 18, 2015 4:21 pm
"Good, let them come! I like dogs - go good with beer!" Erevior licks his lips, amused at the old joke. Then his face falls. "But we have no beer! Only water." He brightens again. "Have to do gumbo! You got a big pot around here?" Erevior pretends to look around, though he's not about to go through the goblins' foul belongings a second time.
Oct 18, 2015 4:40 pm
Valrakas smiles at the thought of bursting into the room and scattering the gobos like a bowl of guppies with a barracuda in their midst. But the minotaur remembers his friends and reluctantly he retraces his steps to return to them for now to tell them what he's found.
Oct 18, 2015 11:52 pm
The two goblins go between being perfectly quiet for periods of time and then back to bickering. They say nothing more to any of you in the room. You're all about 30 minutes into you rest when Valrakas returns.
Oct 19, 2015 3:22 am
Cyriel maintains his trance.
Oct 19, 2015 4:18 am
"So...you got Brynn, killed all the goblins? Let's go." Erevior gets to his feet and dusts himself off, making as if to leave. "Wait - where's the boy?" He grins at the minotaur. "You didn't get him yet? Either you slowing down, Valrakas, or you feeling generous!"
Oct 19, 2015 8:02 pm
"Generous, aye, that be it! Reckoned I'd share th' catch!" Valrakas eyes the resting elf and gnome and decides there's nothing to be done but get some rest as well. When the two gobos start bickering again he snarls at them, "Shut yer traps!" With a 'clapping' motion of his two huge hands the minotaur bangs the gobos' heads together to knock them unconscious.

OOC: You want attack & damage rolls for that or shall we just say Valrakas knocked them out?

Valrakas scratches a crude map on the cavern floor to show Erevior the tunnels he found. "Beyond this door, there be gobos. "
Last edited October 19, 2015 8:15 pm
Oct 19, 2015 10:13 pm
With an almost comical 'boink' sound the two goblins are knocked unconscious.

If you're all going to take a long rest, I'll assume that you'll take turns on watch (you can watch for up to two hours without it hurting your rest). I'll make some perception rolls for each of you and some other stuff to see if anything interesting happens.

Rolls

Secret Roll

Secret Roll

load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.