Game Play: Welcome to White Oak

load previous
Nov 1, 2015 1:37 am
Note how we all assume that the minotaur is OK on his own.
Nov 1, 2015 1:40 am
Super goblin's eyes widen as Erevior rushes and shoves him to the floor. The nimble little beast is quick to recover though and hops right back to his feet and jabs Erevior in the shoulder with his spear [3HP of damage]. Before an evil little grin can cross his face, however, a bolt of fire catches him right in the chest.

The not so super goblin to the right makes a weak stab at Valrakas who easily parries with his shield.

Vex and Val are up. Both goblins are still up.

Also, I think I handled the goblin being knocked prone thing correctly. Seems like it's just half movement to pop back up - doesn't seem like much of a penalty really...

Rolls

Secret Roll

Secret Roll

Secret Roll

Nov 1, 2015 6:25 pm
Vex goes before Val but I assume he's going to attack the left gobo again so here's my mive versus right gobo.

Valrakas goes for the gobo with another savage thrust of his horns, then attempts to flip the wee bugger into the air.

When you use the Attack action during your turn to make a melee attack, you can attempt to shove a creature with your horns as a bonus action. You cannot use this shove attempt to knock a creature prone.  

Rolls

Horns attack - (1d20+5)

(2) + 5 = 7

Damage - (1d20+3)

(12) + 3 = 15

Bonus shove (flip into the air) (advantage) - (1d20+5, 1d20+5)

1d20+5 : (14) + 5 = 19

1d20+5 : (3) + 5 = 8

Nov 1, 2015 6:32 pm
Vex takes another swing at the gobo while he's distracted by Erevior.

Rolls

Attack/Damage - (1d20+4, 1d6+2)

1d20+4 : (17) + 4 = 21

1d6+2 : (6) + 2 = 8

Nov 1, 2015 7:59 pm
If necessary after Vex's hit (he IS a super-saiyan goblin, after all), Erevior will look for an opening and chop the left goblin with his axe.

Rolls

Great Axe attack - (1d20+4)

(10) + 4 = 14

Great Axe Damage - (1d12+2)

(7) + 2 = 9

Nov 1, 2015 10:52 pm
Super goblin, still a little stunned from the flame bolt, doesn't even see Vex's attack coming. The little creature lets out a surprised yelp as Vex's sword finds a soft spot in his armor and works it way in between its ribs. Super goblin is no more.

To the right the minotaur lowers its head and attempts to gore the injured goblin. Quickly ducking to the side, the goblin lets out a small sigh of relief only to find himself being rushed at again, horns tossing him into the air. Landing with a loud thud he groans and doesn't make a move.

The two goblin guards are dead. You find yourself in a torch lit room that is just about as large the as goblin living quarters you just left behind. On the far wall you see a quivering little boy with his hands tied behind him. A female goblin is at his side trying her best to calm him. "He not hurt!" she cries as she holds out her hands towards the group.

You hear some muffled grunts behind you in the hallway...
Nov 1, 2015 11:24 pm
Vex turns around and peeks into the hallway to see what's going on out there.

Rolls

Perception to look into hallway - (1d20+2)

(9) + 2 = 11

Nov 2, 2015 12:02 am
Cyriel uses his investigation skills to ask the boy, "Are you from White Oak?"

Rolls

Investigate - (1d20+5)

(14) + 5 = 19

Nov 2, 2015 1:51 am
szemely sent a note to Naatkinson
The boy, no older than 5 or 6 years old, looks up at Cyriel and in a barely audible voice says, "Yes. I want to go home!" The female goblin backs away from the group, towards the wall, hands still out towards the group.
Nov 2, 2015 2:19 am
Vex will rush out to the other room, "Hey, you all stop that!"

If they decide to attack him he will rush back into the room with Val.
Nov 2, 2015 2:31 am
The goblins stop their beating on the "-ly" twins long enough to give Vex a perplexed look.

"Why? They killed most of tribe. Now we kill them!" a few go back to kicking the tied up duo when one of the bigger goblins yells something at them in their native tongue. The attacks stop and they wander back to the other room, the bigger goblin spitting at the two before looking at Vex and saying "We leave these two to big minotaur for food, funny dwarf." She promptly turns around and follows the others back to the room.
Nov 2, 2015 3:58 am
Erevior faces the female goblin and, feeling very uncomfortable, talks to it.

"Where is Creld? We want to...talk with him..."
Nov 2, 2015 4:05 am
Cyriel addresses his comrades. "Well, it looks like we have found the boy. As tempting as it is to pursue Creid, shouldn't we return him to White Oak."
Nov 2, 2015 4:55 am
Erevior says, in Elvish: "Something suspicious is going on here. These goblins seem to have been manipulated by this Creld person. We might as well get a hint or two of what's happening while you calm the boy enough for Valrakas or me to carry him back to town. This one seems like it might be willing to talk."

Back to the goblin, in Common: "So what can tell about Creld guy?"
Nov 2, 2015 8:30 am
Valrakas fishes out his lucky charm: a tiny boat carved out of whale bone. He crouches down next to the boy, "Here ya go, laddie. This be me lucky boat. D'ye like it? Ye c'n keep it if ye like." He flashes a toothy grin. He hasn't taken into account that a minotaur, his horns and hooves dripping with goblin blood, might not be the most comforting sight for a young boy.
Last edited November 2, 2015 1:28 pm
Nov 2, 2015 11:54 am
In Elvish to Erevoir, in a condescending tone, "I know there's something suspicious about Creid, but we've completed our quest. We need to save the boy. The Creid problem is not our problem, and we can't pursue Creid with the boy. We should take him back then decide what to do." He pauses. "We can interview the goblins, but saving the boy must be our priority. I cannot see any other course of action."
Nov 2, 2015 1:54 pm
Vex, having taken care of the beating that was occurring in the other room will rejoin his friends. He will approach the boy, patting Val on the shoulder as he comes up saying, "I see you've met good old Val here. A bit scary looking, I know! But he's got a heart of gold and there's no safer place to be than behind him! We'll get you home safe and sound," he comforts the boy.
Nov 2, 2015 10:57 pm
Brynn's eyes nearly pop out of his head as Valrakas crouches down next to him and offers his lucky charm. Paralyzed with fear the young boy doesn't move or make a sound save for an occasional involuntary whimper. His attention is suddenly drawn away as Vex approaches offering some comfort and putting a good word in for Val. The boy tentatively reaches for the tiny boat before stopping. "I wanna go home..." he says as he starts to cry.

The goblin responds to Erevior, "Creld is new leader. Human who uses magic and brought in new tribe. Some old tribe joined the new, others fled, some killed or held back here. Some old tribe members heard of plans to kidnap humans on other side of river for Creld."
Nov 2, 2015 11:34 pm
"The people will want know this...last question: where is Creld now? Then we go, leave you."
Nov 3, 2015 12:58 am
"Creld in his secret room. Not so secret I can show you."
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.