OOC Thread

load previous
Jan 23, 2016 4:27 pm
@Urik:

How about: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Phaeda as your homeworld?
Jan 25, 2016 3:57 pm
That looks a little more urban and long settled than I had in mind.

I was thinking this would be a more colonial world; colonial meaning, just recently settled and mostly uninhabited. However, if you have a plot hook or a narrative element that involves Phaeda, I am fine with tweaking my concept a bit.

If we stick to a relatively new and sparsely inhabited planet, we could always make one up. The Galaxy is large after all.

Let me know what you'd prefer. I'm flexible.
Jan 26, 2016 12:34 am
About ships and Kaveri: the original backstory from the beginner's set had Kaveri in her own ship, but the mechanics and details of that ship were not included, as ships were not relevant to the beginner adventure.
Jan 26, 2016 1:31 am
She's kinda your girl so I guess however you figure really is cannon within reason, if you have one what happened to it over the how long we been here? about two to three weeks?
Jan 26, 2016 1:49 am
How lenient is the force point system. Could I burn one to know someone from the inner rim with a ship? I would love to do that.
Jan 26, 2016 3:35 am
I mean assuming my characters back story involves seedy under bellies of inner rim planets it's probably a given I do know someone with a ship. I guess the point would be to call in a favor and get us a lift.
Jan 26, 2016 9:36 am
Kaveri and Dagger might be the center of the next arc... Also are there any more chore for temple improvements???
Jan 26, 2016 6:19 pm
I'm looking to the GM for thoughts on which ship type Kaveri calls home (if she even does - that's an assumption from the Beginner's Set background for the character).

The Beginner's Set had her traveling with Hethan for a time, and then with Dao (another PC). So I think it wouldn't be a one-person ship like many starfighters. Perhaps a small freighter? Could be that, as a Hunter, she has had to acquire quarry sometimes (rather than just killing), and that would require transport. I haven't played this game much, and ships have never come into play so far when I have, so I'm a bit at sea with this. A G9 rigger, perhaps? I could see that a Pathfinder scout ship might make sense, too, though it would mean that not everyone could travel together in one ship.
Jan 27, 2016 9:57 pm
Friar_Tuk says:
That looks a little more urban and long settled than I had in mind.

I was thinking this would be a more colonial world; colonial meaning, just recently settled and mostly uninhabited. However, if you have a plot hook or a narrative element that involves Phaeda, I am fine with tweaking my concept a bit.

If we stick to a relatively new and sparsely inhabited planet, we could always make one up. The Galaxy is large after all.

Let me know what you'd prefer. I'm flexible.
Well -- I can always dig around and look for something else. "recently colonized" stuff may apply -- but there won't be backstory, so I can try and dig up a name that doesn't have canon/legends material associated. :)
Jan 27, 2016 9:57 pm
PhantomNimbus says:
How lenient is the force point system. Could I burn one to know someone from the inner rim with a ship? I would love to do that.
Yup!
Jan 27, 2016 10:00 pm
spaceseeker19 says:
I'm looking to the GM for thoughts on which ship type Kaveri calls home (if she even does - that's an assumption from the Beginner's Set background for the character).

The Beginner's Set had her traveling with Hethan for a time, and then with Dao (another PC). So I think it wouldn't be a one-person ship like many starfighters. Perhaps a small freighter? Could be that, as a Hunter, she has had to acquire quarry sometimes (rather than just killing), and that would require transport. I haven't played this game much, and ships have never come into play so far when I have, so I'm a bit at sea with this. A G9 rigger, perhaps? I could see that a Pathfinder scout ship might make sense, too, though it would mean that not everyone could travel together in one ship.
I'm totally cool with you guys having a ship. A G9 or a YT-1300 is a good answer. Got a preference? The G9 is what Annakin Skywalker pilots in the Clone Wars cartoon series. The YT-1300 is the iconic form of the Millenium Falcon.
Jan 27, 2016 10:00 pm
Sorry for the delay folks. Crazy couple of days...
Jan 28, 2016 1:06 am
No worries. Hope you're doing well.
Jan 28, 2016 7:48 am
falryx says:

I'm totally cool with you guys having a ship. A G9 or a YT-1300 is a good answer. Got a preference? The G9 is what Annakin Skywalker pilots in the Clone Wars cartoon series. The YT-1300 is the iconic form of the Millenium Falcon.
A G9, then. Even dead, you couldn't get Kaveri to pilot a piece of junk like a YT. A girl's got to have some standards.
Jan 28, 2016 3:17 pm
A G9 should be good. Doubt it has great sleeping accommodations, but it should get us to where we need to be.
Jan 28, 2016 8:04 pm
So, I took this quiz, one of those online personality test things. It was a "What sort of Role Player Are You?" quiz. I got Method Actor, which seemed weird to me at the time, but the more I play as characters (I've spent 98% of my TTRPG career as a DM/GM) the more I think its right.

I'm into the back and forth happening around Urik, and intellectually, I'm playing a game. But when I read those posts my heart rate physically goes up and I start to get pissed...

Guess I get pretty into my characters after all.
Jan 28, 2016 8:09 pm
That confrontation was fantastic, on both sides. Each wanting to get the last word in, even just as yourselves.

Sometimes the lines blur, but that is when the game gets real and meaningful.
Jan 28, 2016 8:13 pm
Well, Remnent was writing a book there. Urik wouldn't have just sat and listened to all that. If we'd been at a face to face session, there would have been an epic in character shouting match. I haven't gotten to be a player in a live game in over 20 years. I really want to get into a face to face game!
Jan 28, 2016 8:13 pm
Also, I just deleted my previous post and changed my last OOC post to have it, so it all fits better now. Remnant, you can probably remove your OOC post if you want. :)
Jan 28, 2016 8:14 pm
Friar_Tuk says:
Well, Remnent was writing a book there. Urik wouldn't have just sat and listened to all that. If we'd been at a face to face session, there would have been an epic in character shouting match. I haven't gotten to be a player in a live game in over 20 years. I really want to get into a face to face game!
As a GM of one face-to-face game, there has been times the characters went at it, or I've wanted to throw my DM guide at someone, for sure. It's all fun until someone's sass turns real. :)
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.