OOC Thread

Sep 26, 2015 3:43 pm
It appears many games/forums have an OOC thread for collecting OOC conversations, so.. here ye be.
Oct 4, 2015 3:35 pm
Reading through the beginning adventure again (and checking back with the core rulebook) we won't be making use of Morality/Conflict in this adventure.
Oct 4, 2015 3:36 pm
FaD is designed to reward experience after every "gaming session". in PbP that's, by definition, undefined. The beginning adventure defines when these rewards happen based on progression through the adventure so I'll use those points as indicators.
Oct 7, 2015 11:34 pm
Uh I don't do anything since the thread is locked D=
Oct 8, 2015 1:51 am
Yup, locked thread. I can't post in the adventure.
Oct 8, 2015 4:53 am
Wierd! I'll fix that. Sorry!
Oct 8, 2015 4:54 am
Should be unlocked now. Lemme know?
Oct 8, 2015 12:33 pm
Yep yep it is on... (Spoiler) Aw man cold weather already! (Spoiler) Boooooo!
Oct 9, 2015 3:39 pm
I take it the boxed set doesn't do darkside/lightside chips for the destiny pool. First roll of the game is good and bad. XD
Oct 9, 2015 3:49 pm
Remnant says:
I take it the boxed set doesn't do darkside/lightside chips for the destiny pool. First roll of the game is good and bad. XD
Yah, no destiny points this go 'round. Forgot to mention that along with Morality/Conflict.
Oct 9, 2015 5:53 pm
Damn. I wish I would have known the climbing would be considered Coordination. In the corebook it said any form of climbing, assisted or not, would be Athletics, which is also a Brawn stat, my Brawn blows. Didn't realize just braving the elements would also have been a Brawn check. Lol
Oct 9, 2015 6:08 pm
I think it depends on the type of climbing, agro grag in a dessert environment up the side I would agree on athletics maybe due to it being pretty much based on slogging it up fingers and toes. Coordination for tree top running due to being agility based makes sense to me, unsteady surface versus flat ground.

Since this is my first time with the FFG SW dice I'm interesting to see how storytelling dice work for the advantages and threats though, I'm just glad I didn't fail with threats and come crashing down in a twitching heap... yet.

I was surprised when I figured out there's two different skills for initiative depending on the situation. D=
Last edited October 9, 2015 6:09 pm
Oct 9, 2015 6:31 pm
Well this is what I read in the PHB for Force and Destiny under Athletics:

- All aspects of climbing, including rappelling and swinging on a line, fall under the purview of the Athletics skill. The difficulty of these tasks is calculated based on the surface, incline. and other basic conditions of the surface being climbed.
- Characters who attempt to swim in difficult conditions must check their Athletics. Water conditions, particularly waves, current and tides dictate the overall challenge of any effort to swim.
- A character's vertical and horizontal jump are both determined through use of an Athletics check. Gravitational conditions and the distance required factor in to the difficulty.
- Most characters can run but sprinting or running for an extended time falls under the purview of an Athletics check.

So it looks like running, jumping, and climbing are all under athletics. Balancing on branches however would be coordination, as it is described in the PHB:

- A character may attempt to reduce damage suffered from falling, diminishing the impact by rolling into a tumble upon a successful Coordination check. See Falling, on page 221 , for more information.
- Walking across a narrow surface, whether a wide beam or a thin pipe, requires a tremendous sense of balance and a successful Coordination check.
- Characters can use Coordination to escape from restraints, contorting their limbs at unusual angles so that bindings slip free.
- Crawling through the twists and turns of a sewage pipe, ventilation duct, or garbage chute may require a successful Coordination check to avoid a sudden fall, or worse yet, becoming stuck in place.

I was originally thinking of scrambling up the rocks but I figured it would come under Brawn instead of my Agility. (1 vs 4)

Next time I'll make sure to ask before hand. :)
Last edited October 9, 2015 6:32 pm
Oct 9, 2015 7:00 pm
I'm usually of the reverse mindset I'll say what I want to do and then if it's something wonky I try, if I fail it seemed like a good idea at the time. :)
Oct 9, 2015 8:55 pm
Quick etiquette question -- should I wait for each of you to post before responding, or shall I respond in kind and let you kind of move at your own paces, somewhat? What's typical for PbP that you've enjoyed the most?
Oct 9, 2015 9:27 pm
The problem I've seen on occasion with the "respond in kind" approach is that those who can't keep up get left behind. Usually this only happens at the start of a game and settles down as it goes on. I'm good with either approach; just so you know I can not usually post during the weekdays while at work (eastern time).
Oct 9, 2015 9:50 pm
Honestly since all my games ground to a halt I'm fine either way even weekly if need be. I think a bit of banter though helps fill up the time though or a response to something immediate from other's RP 'should be kosher'. Granted I've been on for a couple of months really so I have no idea what the rule is.
Oct 9, 2015 10:43 pm
Banter is definitely kosher -- I'll experiment a bit -- and don't worry about posting more than about once a day if it works for you. I also have a life outside of PbP and some days I'd wind up being more "talkative" than others depending on work, family, travel, etc. :)
Oct 9, 2015 10:54 pm
I know the feeling. I'm running three games on here too. Some days are busy, some slow, some nothing happens. Just gotta try and find a flow.
Oct 10, 2015 10:57 pm
Tomorrow (sunday) I'll pull you guys through to the next step -- I'm guessing seeker has some real life going on as the BubbleGum game is also paused.
Oct 12, 2015 4:14 pm
I am fine with your posting for me when/if I'm unable to do so myself; I have a policy in my games (all two of them) that PCs will be run as NPCs if the players don't post in time, so I expect it.

I apologize for slowing everyone down; we had a big wedding at our house on Saturday.
Oct 12, 2015 4:16 pm
On another note: when we are rolling checks ourselves, is there a base number of purple dice we should assume, like with my cool check?

I know standard difficulty is two purple dice, so should we assume that when we impose rolls on ourselves, or is there a broader guideline we should use? I feel a little bit silly, having just rolled two green dice with no real chance of failure.
Oct 12, 2015 4:48 pm
It's a good question and I haven't figured out a great way to think about it yet, tbqh. I don't mind editing the post and adding a purple die roll and doing the math. Or, if opportunity presents itself I can let people know what to add. But the difficulty can really vary. For example, I figured that the knowledge check was relying on knowledge of how holocrons work, which, if you'd never used one, you probably couldn't be expected to know 0 ABY given the Imperial efforts on discrediting and obfuscating all things Jedi/Sith.

I'll try and provide some better context for rolls before you guys make them and see if that helps. Failing that I'm okay with adding purple after the fact if that's ok. Or if you guys prefer you can request a die pool and I can let you know for your roll. It'll slow things down a little bit, but is more true to the form of the play, i guess.
Oct 12, 2015 5:02 pm
As far as I'm concerned, your adding to the dice pool makes perfect sense to me. In a tabletop setting, it would seem antagonistic, but here I don't think it does - we're not actually rolling dice, we're all using a separate die roller, after all.
Oct 12, 2015 6:37 pm
From my readup for the game the FaD beta book on p17 goes over difficulty dice with application examples I think. If it gets very hairy there would be challenge dice added in by the GM. If he knows in advance and has a roll he wants us to make with the difficulty I figure is one option, seeing what we're trying to do from the RP post and we roll our skill and he rolls the purple/blacks/reds is another option but he'll have to know if we have any abilities that might modify bad dice that are rolled. I'm fine with doing both or either really
Oct 12, 2015 7:34 pm
I'll assume if there are difficulty/challenge/setback dice to add that I didn't provide insight for you guys, I'll edit your post with a die roll and add the "bad die roll" to it, in order to make sure we have it consolidated in a single post. I think this will mean we can move along faster than if I say "please also roll X". Given that I'm not actually physically rolling dice this shouldn't seem like I'm "rolling against you" like it would feel like in a live setting.

That said, where possible I'll try and make sure you have the information to build a full dice pool whenever possible. If the above method doesn't feel like it's working or if anyone feels like they'd rather control the roll of the dice, I'm happy to adjust to suit the group's preference.

My objective, ultimately, is to make sure we don't have a lot of:

Player in Post 1: I do X. Roll what I think applies.
Me in Post 2: Ok. It's of hard difficulty and you have several mynocks attempting to suck the life out of you, take two setback dice too.
Player in Post 3: ok. here's the bad dice roll.

That feels like a lot of opportunity to slow down the pace, somewhat.
Oct 12, 2015 9:30 pm
Interesting die roll, Remnant! I don't remember what happens on just advantage, so updates will need to wait 'til I get home and can pour over the book a bit and see what happens.
Oct 12, 2015 9:37 pm
Not that anybody asked for it, but my impression is that you need at least one success to succeed in a task; anything less is a failure. So 3 advantage would be a failure with 3 advantage. I'd be happy to be wrong in this, though.
Last edited October 12, 2015 9:39 pm
Oct 12, 2015 9:38 pm
I didn't pass or fail really I'm at a nil for the most part but you never make the blunt abrasive guy the face. It's all brass tacks.
Last edited October 12, 2015 9:38 pm
Oct 13, 2015 2:41 am
spaceseeker19, it's because the advantage and whatnot don't necessarily have to impact your character as like a punishment. They are a way to bring in more story elements even when failing or passing a roll. Like if you fail, but have 3 advantages, you just get a failure that works out in your favor, which is more interesting then just failing.

It would be like in D&D if I failed to pick the lock on a chest. That sucks. But it also gives me little to go off of narratively. Now in this game I could fail it, but wind up with a few advantages. So instead of just not picking a lock I could say I was trying to open this space chest (this is Star Wars after all), and I couldn't get into it. I was so pissed I kicked the chest off the ledge we were on and it fell, breaking open a portion of the wall we didn't know had a secret passage behind it, and inside there we also found 50 space bucks! Boom. Narrative hooks.

The best part is that we are supposed to work with the GM to decide these narrative benefits. It creates a really interesting table dynamic if you list to playthroughs. I recommend the Campaign podcast. It's the other half of the One Shot podcast. Highly recommend.
Last edited October 13, 2015 2:42 am
Oct 13, 2015 2:04 pm
Hmm since GM will be out for a bit does everyone know how weapons work for damage in melee or ranged and soaking/defense?
Last edited October 13, 2015 2:05 pm
Oct 13, 2015 4:08 pm
Note -- there's meant to be a picture I can post to help give you a sense of the ruins. I'll also remind myself on ranges so you can have proper difficulties for your rolls. But that probably happens tomorrow am rather than today.

I'm pretty sure damage works like: damage - soak = wounds. I believe 'defense' is used to upgrade difficulty, but I don't recall completely.
Oct 13, 2015 4:19 pm
Yep, there's also a critical injury table for when you crit. =D
Oct 13, 2015 11:49 pm
PhantomNimbus, I also like that aspect of determining what the advantage of a failure is, in a case like the example with no success (which is a failure) and three advantage. The shot misses...but it then hits a snowbank, which collapses onto the opponent, giving a bonus die on the next attack on that target (as an example).

I've been enjoying the Never Tell Me The Odds podcast, too, as another example of a FFG Star Wars RPG campaign.
Oct 14, 2015 4:34 am
It's hilarious that I decided to run up and stab someone despite having stats that would have granted me a whole handful more dice if I would have just used my blaster. But for some reason I felt like a guy named Dagger should run up and do some stabbing. If only I ended up with enough to crit the knife I could have utilized it's vicious attribute to do some real damage.
Oct 14, 2015 12:39 pm
Personally I think the dice are interesting since a check can be more than a simple yes/no, granted it's more with the option of you pass with a boon (critical success), you pass with a hindrance, fail with a boon, fail with a threat (critical fail) to look at but anything we do with dice affects story possibly which is a lot different. Also crit tables! (I like tables) I'll probably have to read up on the advantage/threats from rolls and how they can be used in combat besides just enabling crits.

@ PhantomNimbus we're not a cohesive unit of people that know each other and roughing it throw cold territory and ambushing locals probably isn't in everyones wheelhouse of experience. We're also not probably fully considered Jedi knights so our life experiences bleed over and I think that makes sense. Heyop barking for intel having mixed results or someone going into melee with gun toting locals is something they would do so it's interesting in that respect, anyone who brings a knife to a gun fight are usually thought to be at a disadvantage... or very dangerous with said knife. On the Meta side if it looks hairy for Dagger I'm likely to rush and attempt to herd the hunters and use my weapon to make them easy targets to pick off for people going ranged (Using disorient and calling out to stun them).

Am I the only one who thought of taking their coats and guns as a disguise? Plus it's cold. T_T
Oct 14, 2015 4:14 pm
Folks -- on this round I opted to give you the choice of what to do with your advantage, because I thought it'd embrace you more into the storytelling aspect of the story. Taking this path will slow down combat, however, as I'll need to pause between player and NPC initiative to let you sort out the results of advantage. I think that's a worthwhile consequence since PbP isn't exactly the fastest medium known to mankind, but if you'd rather I owned the results from advantage based on what I think is better from a narrative point of view, I can do that.

szemely I'd like to give you a chance to change your narrative after the NPC action as well, if you like. Alternatively I can modify it based on circumstances to fit the 'new reality' your character would perceive. Again, I think the benefit vs. cost is involving you guys more in the narrative (good) versus taking more time. I'm okay with this cost if you guys are. If you'd rather I drive for efficiency, let me know.
Oct 14, 2015 4:43 pm
Yeah I don't mind, I think since we know how many dice we need to throw now for combat it'll go a bit quicker maybe.

After looking through the book and finding table 6-2 on page 149 (which was very helpful for me at least). I think I know what I'd like to try, but would I wait for my turn for it to apply or would it be now right after Csillag's actions take affect? (I'm probably going to use the 4 Advantage for the second option to give Dagger and Kaveri an immediate free maneuver (it looks like the only 'good' option listed is a boost dice to their next check, this cost 2 Advantage each since it's directed at targets out of initiative order since they go before me.) I feel extra triumph or advantage dice might end up being like combo team attacks in this game though... XD Which makes it cooler I think.
Oct 14, 2015 5:30 pm
My 6-2 was on page 212 -- but looking at giving a free maneuver I don't see that as an option (I only see that you can take a free maneuver with 2 advantage). I do see that you can add a boost die to any allied character's next check including your own -- and because it's "next check" initiative order wouldn't matter there.
Oct 14, 2015 5:43 pm
As a reminder to all players -- during your turn you can do:

1 maneuver
1 action

...for free. A maneuver is listed as:

* Moving to a new location within your range band or moving a range band.
* Readying or stowing a weapon or other item
* Using a stimpack
* Opening or closing a door, flipping a table over for cover, or otherwise interacting with the environment
* Aiming to gain a boost die (blue) on your next attack.
* Taking cover to give a Setback die (black) to all attacks against you until you leave cover or the situation changes
* etc.

An action is:

* make an attack
* activate a Force power
* use a skill
* take a second maneuver.

You can take a second maneuver at the cost of 2 strain (e.g. move, fire, then dive into cover -- or aim, fire then move). But you may not take more than 2 maneuvers in any round.
Oct 14, 2015 6:10 pm
I'm using the beta book since it was cheaper to get. I think I'm probably just misreading it from what you're stating, I thought it meant for two advantage you can give someone else a maneuver in the form of 1 boost dice or a setback dice but from what you've stated give yourself a maneuver stay under the cap though during your turn, give someone a boost, or a setback are your options.
Oct 14, 2015 6:19 pm
Yah, that's what it looks like to me. Specific text is:

Perform an immediate free maneuver that does not exceed the two maneuvers per turn limit.

Add https://s3.amazonaws.com/forceanddestiny/FFG-black.png to the targeted character's next check.

Add https://s3.amazonaws.com/forceanddestiny/FFG-blue.png to any allied character's next check, including that of the active character.
Oct 14, 2015 6:21 pm
Of course, there's always an option to try something fancy from a narrative point of view -- as long as it fits and is scaled with the advantage on hand, I'm happy to roll with it.
Oct 14, 2015 10:43 pm
From the game post:

Csillag - you have 2 advantage to spend

So do these advantages 'roll over' to my next turn to use? Can I pool them if I get a couple advantages next turn to score a critical (needing 4 with my holdout blaster)?
Oct 14, 2015 11:02 pm
No, advantages can't go into a pool, they have to be resolved as part of your turn. Here's a summary of the table I have:

1 advantage:
---
- recover 1 strain
- add a boost die to the next allied active character's check (I guess the next character in the initiative queue)
- notice a single important point in the ongoing conflict, such as the location of a blast door's control panel or a weak point on an attack speeder (this seems to be GM driven, but could be very open to the narrative possibilities by having players comments here)
- activate an item quality (advantage cost may vary)

2 advantage:
---
- perform an immediate free maneuver that does not exceed the two maneuvers per turn limit
- add a setback (black) die to the targeted character's next check
- add a boost die to any allied characters next check, including yourself

3 advantage:
---
- Negate the targeted enemy's defensive bonuses (such as the defense gained from cover, equipment or performing the guarded stance maneuver) until the end of the current round.
- ignore penalizing environment effects such as inclement weather, zero gravity, or similar circumstances until the end of the your next turn.
- when dealing damage to a target, have the attack disable the opponent or one piece of gear rather than dealing wounds or strain. This could include hobbling him temporarily with a shot to the leg, or disabling his comlink. This should be agreed upon by the player and the GM and the effects are up to the GM. The effects should be temporary and not too excessive.
- Gain +1 melee or ranged defense until the end of your next turn.
- force the target to drop a melee or ranged weapon he is wielding

Triumph dice have similar stuff.

1 triumph:
---
- upgrade the difficulty of the targeted character's next check
- upgrade any allied character's next check, including yourself.
- do something vital such as shooting the controls to the nearby blast doors to seal them shut.
Oct 14, 2015 11:03 pm
so .. you could use that 2 advantage to:

recover 1 strain and give the next person the action queue a boost die.

or

take an extra maneuver (this is best done once you know you have the advantage as part of your turn)

or

have your target have a setback for their next check

or

add a boost die to your next check or that of any ally.

etc.
Oct 14, 2015 11:04 pm
falryx says:
recover 1 strain and give the next person the action queue a boost die.
I'll do that one then.

Thanks!
Oct 15, 2015 12:22 am
Sounds good -- feel free to post your next action at your convenience. :) You don't have to wait for dagger. in FFG star wars, each of the player initiative slots are interchangeable.
Oct 15, 2015 1:39 pm
Note: I'm going to ignore 'Encounter 4' in this adventure. It's a bit of a weaselly hook IMHO and it's there just to create experience with Force powers. Given that only 1 out of the 4 of you has a Force power to assist here it doesn't seem like it'll generate a lot of narrative value and we can learn the mechanic if/when 1 of the 2 of you with a Force power opts to use it. :)
Oct 15, 2015 4:24 pm
I could have used my slight of hand to be sneaky, that's a force power. Too late for that now! Lol.
Oct 15, 2015 6:10 pm
I like that Dagger dove in with almost wreckless abandon, and came out unscathed.
Oct 15, 2015 6:13 pm
Always fear the guy running towards the bullets head-on unfazed.
Oct 15, 2015 7:27 pm
PhantomNimbus says:
I like that Dagger dove in with almost wreckless abandon, and came out unscathed.
I couldn't believe my roll. I rolled poorly. These guys are YGG if I recall correctly. They ought to be able to hit someone with YGGP.
Oct 15, 2015 7:29 pm
Dagger is the type to bring a vibroknife to a blaster fight, even though brawn is my lowest stat.
Oct 16, 2015 12:50 am
The game is introducing destiny points now. Can I get a Force (white) die roll from each of you? This thread is fine.
Oct 16, 2015 12:52 am
Destiny Points

Rolls

Destiny

2 White Force Points

Oct 16, 2015 11:48 am
Now if that battle didn't mirror my morality stuff exactly I don't know what will. I have enthusiasm and recklessness. I'd say that was recklessly enthusiastic combat.
Oct 16, 2015 12:31 pm
Here's my roll.

Rolls

The force roll:

2 Black Force Points

Oct 16, 2015 3:09 pm
I'll double-check the Stimpack stuff when I'm back at home.
Oct 16, 2015 3:16 pm
I think he is right, if I recall correctly too. I think you can stim multiple times, it just looses effect over time.
Last edited October 16, 2015 3:16 pm
Oct 16, 2015 3:38 pm
Granted things might have changed since the Beta book, I'm going off page 129 of the gear section description and page 161 under medical care for the Recovery & Healing section.
Oct 16, 2015 3:52 pm
Remnant, you're right, though the stim pack is used up in one application. But the first one you use up in a day gives you 5 points, not 4. The 4 number was from the beginner's set rulebook, which apparently simplifies things by saying "You just get 4 wounds recovered with each use." I've adjusted my character sheet accordingly.

Rolls

Force die roll

1 Black Force Point

Oct 16, 2015 3:57 pm
By the way, I've noticed that when falryx has edited our posts to add dice to the rolls, the site is switching our posts from "as our characters" to "as Players" again. falryx, do you even have a pull-down to select Player/character when editing our posts? I'd like to report the bug - of course I'm assuming you're not manually making that change! But the bug is slightly different if it's the pull-down that is defaulting back to Player (that's actually an extension of a reported bug), or if it's doing it without the pull-down (which might be a different bug). As GM, falryx should not have to select the Player/Character pull-down at all when editing a post.
Oct 16, 2015 5:43 pm
I agree with spaceseeker -- I read the page in the CRB this morning and it says a couple times that stimpacks are "one-shot" or "one-use" items, but that you can use a stimpack multiple times a day with the first time giving you 5 wounds benefit and each subsequent time reducing that by one until you need a 24hr period to let the drugs pass through your system.

Thanks for noticing the edit thing! I didn't. And the answer is, "no I don't get a drop down when I'm editing" so it looks like it reverts back to the player. I think that's definitely good fodder for the bug forum.
Oct 16, 2015 5:51 pm
Force roll:

Rolls

2 White Force Points

Oct 16, 2015 6:00 pm
Thanks szemely!

That means we have 4 light destiny points and 3 dark destiny points.
Oct 16, 2015 10:17 pm
falryx says:
Thanks szemely!
Sorry for the delay - I'll have something posted tonight, need to read a little on how healing works (she's a healer).
Oct 17, 2015 1:31 pm
All -- for a Force power like 'heal' in a non-combat situation, I'm not going to require a Force die roll. It seems like given sufficient time to relax and focus in a non-pressured way, it should be easy for someone who's a Force user to summon adequate Force to trigger the effect -- and I don't see a lot of value in asking szemely to roll a bunch of Force die. Under pressure it's a different story, naturally (e.g. combat, or having to do so at a dramatically appropriate time). But for simple mechanics it seems silly to spend time waiting for a white Force die so the power can trigger.
Oct 17, 2015 1:50 pm
To use notes you click the red page icon and enter someone's user name, not character name, into the dialog that pops up. Then only they, and the GM, can see the note. I believe the GM can see all notes within the game. Users will only be able to see notes they are included in. I think you can separate multiple users with spaces in one note.
Oct 17, 2015 3:32 pm
And this is how it is displayed:
spaceseeker19 sent a note to PhantomNimbus,Remnant
Also, I can confirm that the space between usernames works.

Note that this means that you can write asides to people you suspect are reading the game, even if they're not playing in the game, as long as the game is set to Public.
Last edited October 17, 2015 3:37 pm
Oct 17, 2015 4:50 pm
Ah, Thanks I was hoping it was something expandable since it was personal fluff.
Oct 19, 2015 2:21 pm
Just remember. The GM sees all.
Oct 19, 2015 9:08 pm
bwahahaha? :)
Oct 19, 2015 11:30 pm
I was prepared to start talking cave -- but I think Dagger's actions have changed the immediate focus, so i'm withholding comment as you guys sort it out. this is one where I feel like me jumping in too early will make the adventure less fun. when I do chime in, I'll note or otherwise provide negative impact on your roll, Nimbus.
Oct 19, 2015 11:31 pm
Fair enough. :)
Oct 21, 2015 4:35 am
Wow. A triumph and 2 failure. That was weird.
Oct 21, 2015 5:28 am
I can't roll just regular successes to save my life. Quite literally in this situation. I also realize I've made a perfectly suited character to take the stealthy path, and instead I attempt coercion, a skill I have little skill in and almost as little of stat numbers. Lol.

If only I can hold them off long enough to get into pistol range I should be good.
Oct 21, 2015 12:41 pm
The game seems more story based then you can do things based on crunch/mechanics. This game is definitely not going to be just you attempt to do something and just pass or fail which adds a bit. I figure Dagger is so reckless due to things working out in his favor so that's a reason right there to be cocky about a crazy plan (So crazy... it just might work...).

Also don't forget the slugthrower rifles have Cumbersome 2 so you've definitely getting a workout if you have a brawl of 2, under that you would wonder why the gun was so heavy, over 2 you still feel the weapon has some wait to it.
Last edited October 21, 2015 12:43 pm
Oct 21, 2015 2:23 pm
Oh yeah I'm aware. But it has better range than my blaster so that kind of offsets it. But also since the hunters have them in hoping it helps future deceptions if need be.
Oct 21, 2015 5:20 pm
I laughed out loud a couple times this morning as I read the game thread. Great fun! Thanks! I had to get into work before I could spend some time with the CRB and make sure I was going to handle coercion, the destiny point and the various Force powers correctly, so I'll get an update out this evening.
Oct 21, 2015 5:51 pm
Well as a player I'm doing it right if a drink comes out your mouth or nose in a spray, you are wiping tears, or going to the restroom so you don't mess yourself... I guess. I bring my own chalk to new gaming sessions for the PC outline for their murder some DM's think it's dark, others laugh since they notice it's rainbow colored chalk.
Oct 21, 2015 6:26 pm
I like to make loose cannon characters. Too many groups get too careful and sneaky about everything. Nothing like trying out just walking up to your opponents and trying to deceive your way around them. Really shakes up gameplay a bit. :)
Oct 21, 2015 6:45 pm
Got it you're playing Bruce Campbell character... XD. You're going to let me through since afterwards you can make fun of your fellow guards if I beat them up... That worked? Ok.
Oct 22, 2015 2:39 pm
Sorry for the delay last night -- got home late and then was tired after walking the dog, so I crashed.
Oct 22, 2015 4:21 pm
No worries. We're all still here and alive for now.
Oct 22, 2015 7:27 pm
...for now...
Oct 23, 2015 2:45 am
Haha, I totally beat the GM on this. I can totally aim and gain a blue dice. I'm so damn smug right now.

http://www.quickmeme.com/img/fa/facde8679108ecb6473fcb94011697e1d980b8da853ca940ef598878c392f2e6.jpg

*rolls blue dice*

http://gon.cdn.on.net/uploads/2013/04/esports-boys-1.jpg
Oct 23, 2015 3:11 am
That's some high class rolling we have going on there Nimbus.
Oct 23, 2015 3:16 am
I can't get a success to literally save my life right now. After this battle I'm spending my XP. I totally didn't notice we got 10 before. :)
Last edited October 23, 2015 3:16 am
Oct 23, 2015 12:55 pm
If it makes you feel better after the fight Heyop will probably ask Dagger if he's okay, and then smack him in the back of the head. Followed by the big brother lecture. XD.
Oct 23, 2015 5:11 pm
And classically, any roll involving Dagger is a 'nothing'. :)
Oct 23, 2015 5:13 pm
He is a ghost. But as such he can also apparently can't interact with the physical world. Explains why those two got so scared they fell off the bridge.
Last edited October 23, 2015 5:13 pm
Oct 27, 2015 3:30 am
Looks like our posts crossed paths there Nimbus. :)
Oct 27, 2015 3:39 am
We did, just removed mine since it was kind of redundant. You got everything the first time. :)
Oct 27, 2015 4:03 am
Okee dokee. I wound up editing the pickup part, since you clarified that you grabbed a blaster. :)
Oct 27, 2015 4:35 am
Awesome. Thanks.
Oct 27, 2015 7:40 pm
Anyone else have issues with not being able to take strain or wounds off their character sheet?
Oct 27, 2015 8:02 pm
Idk. But I've lost track of my strains. I think I'm actually at 0 because of advantages. I'll try and correct it.
Oct 27, 2015 8:03 pm
Yup. Same issue. Won't remove current value.
Oct 27, 2015 8:14 pm
Weird -- bug report it? I figure may try and track strain and whatnot in future games. I honestly don't have a clue what anyone is at. :)
Oct 27, 2015 8:28 pm
Submitted a post in the bug forum.
Oct 28, 2015 11:37 am
Dumb question I think I can use Influence on the animals but it will probably be a roll for each one. Since sleepy isn't a "feeling" what would I need for Apathy? Would it fall under the same like as Confusion? Either Black or White? Just Curious... otherwise I'm going back and getting a body or two to use as bait...
Oct 28, 2015 12:18 pm
Oh, body bait. That plan sounds reckless. Why didn't I think of it?
Oct 28, 2015 12:23 pm
It involves carrying a body a long distance on your back and is considered 'not cool man' by the person being used as bait.
Oct 28, 2015 3:25 pm
Remnant says:
Dumb question I think I can use Influence on the animals but it will probably be a roll for each one. Since sleepy isn't a "feeling" what would I need for Apathy? Would it fall under the same like as Confusion? Either Black or White? Just Curious... otherwise I'm going back and getting a body or two to use as bait...
"Calm" is the feeling you're likely seeking. That kind of serenity derives itself from the light side of the Force.
Oct 28, 2015 4:01 pm
Anyone else think it's odd I keep rolling dark side to tap into emotions... Maybe I should just give out those dark vibe emotions instead.
Oct 28, 2015 4:03 pm
I think this is why when I run something after this, it'll either be an EOTE and a FAD campaign that has cross-over potential or it'll be a combined campaign. Reading through AOR, it's a good system, but the moral choices are generally too easy. With EOTE there's more grey and that makes for a better background for characters in FAD to struggle with the morality of their choices and conflict.
Oct 28, 2015 4:10 pm
Oh no I'm just saying Heyop isn't really that much of a rainbow and puppy dog type of guy... he should just give in to the dark side and embrace it and you feel stuff.
Oct 28, 2015 4:24 pm
Real quick, Remnant -- I see you've got Vigiliance (Br) instead of Vigilance (Wil) -- do you have a talent/feature that does that or is that a typo? I ask since I've got a roll I have to make with the "Best Vigilance" and it's either you or someone else depending on the stat.
Oct 28, 2015 5:01 pm
It should be Wil no? I figure it was a typo entering everything in.
Oct 28, 2015 5:03 pm
Yup, thanks!
Oct 29, 2015 2:44 am
falryx, I love the triumph. It would be funnier if I accidentally kicked the rock and thought I was boned, and somehow it saved the day. Fits in with the random dumb luck of having the people fall off the bridge earlier. I like where this character is going.
Oct 29, 2015 3:05 am
Well -- the way Stealth had the triumph was that the character could choose to forgo stealth to take the target out of the rest of the encounter -- so, I figured it had to be more than dumb luck. ;)
Oct 29, 2015 3:28 am
In another note -- I got a despair/success on the other wolfpack to sneak up on you -- so I opted to use it to thusly.
Oct 29, 2015 12:42 pm
This will be interesting.
Oct 29, 2015 5:40 pm
How far is Dagger from the new wolf pack? I assume long.

Edit: Also are they canine or feline?
Last edited October 29, 2015 5:41 pm
Oct 29, 2015 5:54 pm
I meant to look at the map this morning -- let me see if I can figure it out from the picture.
Oct 29, 2015 6:00 pm
Yah - long range and canine (they are described as 'ice wolves').
Oct 29, 2015 6:12 pm
@ Falryx I don't know how close they got to use.

@PhantomNimbus I think they're outofline? Now Maxwell Smart them!
Oct 29, 2015 6:13 pm
I feel more like Mr Bean at the moment. I'll do my best.
Oct 30, 2015 2:06 am
Nice roll on my boost die, falryx!! :-)
Oct 30, 2015 2:10 am
szemely says:
Nice roll on my boost die, falryx!! :-)
I know! I always feel so badly when I do that. Made me think about just having you roll it. Phooey!
Oct 30, 2015 2:14 am
No worries, just saved me the trouble of blanking the roll.
Oct 30, 2015 11:04 pm
I think Spaceseeker will go before dagger. I want to go last in the order.
Oct 30, 2015 11:35 pm
I'm going to use Kaveri's last post and roll for her action since I don't think we've had an update from space today.
Nov 1, 2015 4:41 am
Halloween with kids -- update in the main thread will occur tomorrow AM.
Nov 2, 2015 7:18 pm
We got another person interested in playing and I thought I could crank us up to five -- Friar_Tuk has joined us and is working up a character. Please feel free to say "hi" here and/or provide any input into what you think the group would benefit from having as she rolls up a character.

If the character comes together soon -- it'll appear before the end of the adventure. If it takes more time, the character will arrive as part of the interlude.
Nov 2, 2015 7:33 pm
Hey all, thanks for letting me join you! I'm going to try and have a concept done later tonight. Hopefully a character early this week.
Nov 2, 2015 7:35 pm
Sounds great. Welcome tuk! Dagger will eventually need a stunt double, I'm sure. :)
Nov 2, 2015 7:44 pm
FYI: I am purposely not reading the existing game thread. I want to join with no expectations or preconceptions.

I'll likely read back later, but for now, I want to jump in clean.
Nov 2, 2015 8:07 pm
Spoiler there are several wtf moments...
Nov 2, 2015 8:11 pm
Don't ruin the surprise for him. :)
Nov 2, 2015 9:28 pm
Remnant says:
Spoiler there are several wtf moments...
QFT. :)
Nov 3, 2015 12:09 am
I read the wall climb as largely athletics -- but let me do a bit of digging to see if I can come up with a different point of view. I should be able to get something more on the thread tonight. Did either of you see Kaveri's note about using the comlink?
Nov 3, 2015 12:13 am
Yep I did now, wasn't paying attention since we're in different areas, I'm on the same channel I figure Dagger's pilfered commlink was for monitoring enemy chatter. I was going to answer but uh... Dagger has to climb so I figure it's more entertaining. I'll probably respond once we got him up top.
Nov 3, 2015 1:14 am
The PHB states athletics as a brawn I believe. It also says that governs climbing of any sort. I'm just hoping I don't fall. Could I get a blue if Heyop is boosting me?

The coordination (agility) is only for balancing, very dexterous movement, or falling safely from high distances. Hence why I jumped down instead of climbed down.
Last edited November 3, 2015 1:15 am
Nov 3, 2015 3:52 am
Yup -- I think you need to do brawn/athletics to climb. And yah, Heyop can probably assist you in a meaningful way to either give a boost die or provide a coordinated assist. I think he can 'assist' you and that lets you use his 3 brawn die rather than your 1. Given you both have 0 for athletics, the check would be GGGPP
Nov 3, 2015 3:00 pm
*Channels his inner Cartman from Southpark and swears at Dagger*
Last edited November 3, 2015 3:01 pm
Nov 3, 2015 6:32 pm
The temptation to make references with the comlink is irresistible, but at least I'll do it here in the OoC thread rather than in-game:

"Heyop! Dagger! Where could they be??"

and

"Listen - they're dying, Csillag! Curse my tentacled body, I wasn't fast enough!"
Nov 3, 2015 6:37 pm
It'll be fun when we meet up and you ask how we got all scratched up.
Nov 3, 2015 11:23 pm
Hey all, I've been corresponding with falryx regarding my character for the continuation of this campaign. He thought my concept was...I guess the correct word would be "controversial" enough that we should run it by everyone and make sure y'all are ok with it. I think his main concern is how this character may bend the group dynamic.

Before I go in to it, I'd just like to say that I am 100% ok with changing up this concept. I like this character, and I want to play him, but I also don't want to rock the boat as the newcomer to an established group. So please, feel free to express any concerns you may have openly.

I'm going to call him PCX, as I don't have a name for him yet. I'm not going to go too deep into his background, as I think a roleplayed reveal (if y'all approve the concept) would be cooler.

The concept is a force sensitive adolescent who was trained to use the force by a dark jedi. PCX is not evil, and hated his master deeply. In fact he was forced into the apprenticeship, and the dark jedi used his hate to attempt to pull PCX to the dark side. The resulting character is a good person, but a troubled and traumatized adolescent. He will be intrigued and enamored of any light side teachings, but will consider them somewhat weak when applied in confrontations. Mechanically, PCX is a Warrior-Aggressor, but his goal is always to protect himself and those he cares about. His training and events in his past have led him to believe that the best defense is a good offense, and that showing weakness is dangerous.

The themes I'm looking to explore with this concept are: Can the ends justify the means? Can a good person tap the forces of aggression and fear to accomplish their goals and still maintain their morality? On a more human level: this character is, deep down, a lost and scarred teenager. He is desperate to find a home and to belong, even as he is scared to let anyone in close to him.

I think that's about all I can say without risking spoilers. Falryx, feel free to embellish with any additional details or insights you deem relevant.

And again, I am very open to any comments/questions/concerns. Please let me know what y'all think!
Nov 4, 2015 12:33 am
I like it. Dagger is mired in skullduggery and seems to have the wreckless abandon of one who could fall prey to the power of the dark side. It would be cool to see a dark side trained sensitive strive for the light and one who's underworld, slave labor, and revenge driven past may drive him to the dark.
Nov 4, 2015 1:09 am
I agree; it actually seems not that far off - in terms of character conflict - from many of us. Kaveri has been especially brutal with her blaster rifle so far, which is causing me as the player (and thus as the character, too) some angst in how to justify killing with the Light Side. It sounds more like it's a big difference in degree - more darkness, the training in the Dark Side - and less like a character concept that is incompatible enough to derail the group dynamic.
Nov 4, 2015 1:24 pm
Short Version: I don't have a problem with it.

Your morality/ethics/sanity in what you're doing will be brought into question by you. Personally I don't mind. It's very meta but personally I view someone who's really high on the light side of the force to be curbing their emotions good or bad and for lake of a better term considering all the alien races we're playing being less human. Personally I see my character being in the grey area or even the dark myself since taking the influence power you mess with people's emotions, everyone feels something it's what drives us to do acts of great heroics to acts of murderous or cowardly intent due to a spiral down or out of desperation.

On a side note if Dagger meets you and states in front of the group he'll show you a few things the rest of us will probably say no, since he'll show you all his bad habits that stress us out (spoiler kind of)
Nov 4, 2015 3:02 pm
Remnant says:
It's very meta but personally I view someone who's really high on the light side of the force to be curbing their emotions good or bad and for lake of a better term considering all the alien races we're playing being less human.
This is an interesting idea and relates to something I've been toying with/thinking about lately. Light side Jedi remind me of Yogis or monks; they seek transcendence from the material world and strive for inner peace and calm. They eschew "positive" distractions such as family, love, etc as much as they do negative emotions such as anger, fear etc.

There is a discipline of Yoga called Kundalini, which is separate from the Hatha Yoga most practice in the US. Kundalini has a lot of the same base line philosophy of other Yoga (do no harm to others, mindfulness, etc.) but emphasizes engagement with the material world and one's internal emotions. It talks a lot about internal control over one's thoughts and feelings and channeling internal power for output to bend the material world to your will. All under the umbrella of Yogic mindfulness.

I've been toying with the idea of writing up a lost Jedi discipline that walks this line; eschewing the traditional divide of light vs. dark and instead emphasizing mindful engagement with one's emotions and internal power, then channeling that power into bettering the world. In an RPG context, this discipline would likely be banned by Jedi and Sith alike, and be a very fringe philosophy.
Nov 4, 2015 3:20 pm
To me -- this reads a little like Qui-Gon's focus on the Living Force and his frequent rebelliousness and resistance to the Council. My guess is the Jedi order could have had quite a lot of adherents to philosophical offshoots -- it was simply too big and too mystical for otherwise. My guess is it wouldn't be banned by the Jedi so much as ... discredited and disliked by the Jedi council (much the same that Qui-Gon was deemed a difficult Jedi).
Nov 4, 2015 3:39 pm
Do you guys see the image rotated or not?

When I look at the raw image in my browser, it's rotated on its side. When I post it, it's proper. But when I look at an image that's raw and okay in my browser, the posted image is rotated on its side. I'm confused. :)
Nov 4, 2015 4:24 pm
I added a boost dice for a stealth attack but I couldn't find the specific rule in the book, so drop it if you want, it didn't help me either way. I'm hoping the guy is considered medium distance. Also I am hoping to gain cover from the pillar.
Nov 4, 2015 4:56 pm
Fair enough -- I think range is probably short.

And boy howdy, I'm going to have fun with Conflict when we start adding that in. =)
Nov 4, 2015 5:00 pm
What time period is this taking place in? Can y'all give me some context to big events like Order 66 and/or the destruction of Alderaan?
Nov 4, 2015 5:08 pm
This takes place after the destruction of the first Death Star. So the Empire is very much in control and is tightening its grip, but the Rebellion has had a major success.
Nov 4, 2015 5:09 pm
PhantomNimbus - given the short range I'll roll a d2 below and ignore one of the difficulty dice when tallying the result. Note that the pistols from the mercs are just 'blaster pistols' versus 'heavy blaster pistols'.

Rolls

ignore difficulty die #1 or #2? - (1d2)

(2) = 2

Nov 4, 2015 5:12 pm
Remnant - Dagger's shot with 3 advantage (now 4) will trigger a crit and kill the guard. Do you want to retcon and modify Heyop's actions? He won't be a threat.
Nov 4, 2015 5:37 pm
I figure you were aiming for the blue booster die PN. If it's actually short could you pull one off my shot as well... Guess I jumped the gun. XD
Nov 4, 2015 5:40 pm
I'm definitely critingg to take this guard down quick. You could run in to free Hethan who I think is tied up. If I had the extra advantage I would have totally given you the blue.
Nov 4, 2015 5:45 pm
Hornies usually took a good two to three shots to take down last time. If we both crit though I don't think we've really rolled that a lot so I'm interested on the mechanics (is it just 1d100+10?). Maybe all the extra pew pews bounce off and hit her restrains. Also hope he's not beating the Gatekeeper in there... that would explain why he hasn't contacted us again.
Nov 4, 2015 5:46 pm
Edit Oh Just realized what happened. Um yeah I'd like to recon not shooting the dead guy then... can I free Romund? I'll shoot the crap out of non moving restrains. XD
Nov 4, 2015 6:53 pm
Sure -- for narrative's sake you can assume she's got her hands secured and chained above her with a chain flung 'round the pillar.
Nov 4, 2015 7:01 pm
Remnant says:
Hornies usually took a good two to three shots to take down last time. If we both crit though I don't think we've really rolled that a lot so I'm interested on the mechanics (is it just 1d100+10?). Maybe all the extra pew pews bounce off and hit her restrains. Also hope he's not beating the Gatekeeper in there... that would explain why he hasn't contacted us again.
With non-strain NPCs a crit usually means an auto-kill or KO. I assume unless you guys state otherwise you aren't using 'stun' settings.
Nov 4, 2015 7:02 pm
Dagger may have broken that switch on every one of his blasters.
Nov 4, 2015 8:14 pm
I've been using stun on the locals since it seemed appropriate. Mercs are combatants with most likely orders to kill on site, I don't feel bad about killing my possible killers. *gets the 1000 yard stare* At least I don't anymore....
Nov 5, 2015 3:00 am
Well, I thought I was going to be clever and update things while I was on the plane, but I need to read up again a bit on how to handle triumph and despair in the same roll and think about it a bit more. :) So I suspect I'll get the update in either late tonight (Pacific) or sometime in the morning tomorrow.

Meanwhile I'll flip a destiny point back your way. A despair was, truly, my only hope -- but now that I have it I don't know what to do with it! :)
Nov 5, 2015 1:54 pm
*rolls around*

>.< Gaaaa.... are there any bonus to attacking him all shot up? In my mind it looked cool till I did it.
Nov 5, 2015 2:46 pm
Sorry, I didn't even get you any advantage for this. You should know by now, only Dagger is capable of doing dumb stuff and having it work in his favor. :)
Nov 5, 2015 2:50 pm
Well now you have access to two blasters...
Nov 5, 2015 2:51 pm
Sounds like someone has some reading to do on firing two weapons. :)
Last edited November 5, 2015 2:51 pm
Nov 5, 2015 10:47 pm
Can Csillag see Hethan from her location? If so does she have a direct route to her?
Nov 6, 2015 12:22 am
Yes - you can see her clearly, and it's straightforward to get there. You'll need to hop over the channel but it's wide enough to be mindful and narrow enough to be trivial (and thus no roll required) to cross.
Nov 6, 2015 12:55 am
Is Kaveri able to reload her blaster rifle, if no replacement power packs were specified on the beginner's set character sheet? If not, would she be able to use a power pack from a pistol?
Nov 6, 2015 1:59 am
Lemme check on the pistol part.
Nov 6, 2015 2:05 am
So --

(a) no, you can't reload without an extra reload in your inventory. it adds encumbrance so it's meant to be a thing. that said I consider 'extra reload' a multi-use item. I'm not interested in tracking ammo packs.

(b) yes, I think absent someone saying "That's Dumb!" a blaster pack reload is a blaster pack reload. Perhaps the different focusing crystals and boosters and whatnot that enable the blasters to differ between small (hold-out), medium (pistol) and large (rifle) are what drives the different damage output. That works for me.

It would take a maneuver to unship from the pistol and another maneuver to ship it into the rifle.
Nov 6, 2015 4:46 am
So...do you think the Gatekeeper would mind terribly if we dropped the entire temple on top of Malefax?
Nov 6, 2015 5:48 am
Well. I mean he was all ghostly, what can he really do to us anyway? Plus I'm really building up for a solid shot at Malefax here. I don't know how the current roll went so weird, but I'm already aimed once for the next round, I can aim again before I shoot, which is two boosts for one shot. :)
Nov 6, 2015 4:48 pm
New plan instead of using the cursed sword, I keep the sword take the girl (Romund) and run. While he's distracted and yelling, 'bring back my stuff!' you guys take him out...
Nov 6, 2015 4:57 pm
Phantom, I think I am infatuated with your roll. I can't even begin to imagine. It's awesome.
Nov 6, 2015 5:06 pm
It's pretty much I didn't hit a thing, but I provided Heyop some wonderful cover fire.
Nov 6, 2015 5:07 pm
I'll get an update in this afternoon. Malefax would really like his sword back, Remnant. ;)
Nov 6, 2015 5:09 pm
I'm trying to give it back but it's not working the way I want it too...
Nov 6, 2015 5:09 pm
Give it back pointy end first!
Nov 6, 2015 5:19 pm
I'm trying! So much hate for this sword... if this was a comedy I'd start hacking at the pillars to break the sword.
Nov 6, 2015 7:54 pm
Yes, let the hate flow through you. Wait, no, that's what it wants.
Nov 6, 2015 8:29 pm
Heyop may be changing faster than we thought he would. Is there going to be two Sith up in here I have to put down?
Nov 7, 2015 7:23 pm
Seeker, you're using your blaster rifle, right? whoa?! That's an intense roll. 6 success?! That's some intense concentration and aim...

http://i264.photobucket.com/albums/ii171/PWW28/ANH/PelloScrambas1.jpg

Damage would be the same (9+successes). By my count, that's 15 damage. With Malefax's 4 soak and 8 remaining wounds.. that's Ding Dong The Witch Is Dead, I do believe. :)
Nov 7, 2015 9:01 pm
Heyop was distracting him by his acting at incompetence.... sending him into a false sense of security... yeah...
Nov 7, 2015 9:16 pm
Well done Heyop. Rushing a Sith, taking his evil sword, and trying to kill him with it. You made Dagger proud.
Nov 8, 2015 3:14 am
I've opted against using 'notes' for character-specific items for now -- I like the idea of you all, as players, being well-informed and managing your characters as you see fit (and it's true to the tabletop dynamic). If you guys find it disruptive or prefer to have more mystery (or find the mystery/notes more immersive) let me know and I'll go that route.
Nov 8, 2015 4:16 am
Hey all, I'm at work tonight. I'll be posting as soon as I'm home (a couple hours).
Nov 9, 2015 5:26 pm
Star Wars FFG from a plane! The future is crazy.

Now if only I had an astromech droid with me..
Nov 9, 2015 7:12 pm
Inner monologue?

Oh it's a Ghost? Nope. *Picks up Romund and leaves* Nope...
Nov 9, 2015 9:55 pm
Giving a little space so Kaveri and Csillag can chime in.
Nov 10, 2015 11:06 pm
Sorry, I haven't been keeping up with all of the posts so Csillag has fallen behind a bit.
Nov 11, 2015 12:17 am
That's ok -- I've been lucky and had extra time lately. Normally I'd post once a day, and I know you have a limitation to your availability on a daily basis. that's one reason why I'm trying to slow down. I'd rather the whole thing moved slower with more participants than me and one other person carry the story too far forward.
Nov 14, 2015 3:13 am
Will get rolling tomorrow on the new thread. Szemely and Spaceseeker19 - don't forget your morality rolls and spend your XP.
Nov 16, 2015 10:37 pm
will post tonight (possibly earlier) sorry for the delay.. forgot I hadn't gotten to this!
Nov 17, 2015 5:26 pm
Falryx: I'm going to DM you with a short list of items I'm hoping Urik could have scavenged for your approval. Possibly later tonight.
Nov 17, 2015 5:30 pm
If they include Malefax's Robes and his face as a mask you wear we're going to have to have a talk bud.
Nov 17, 2015 5:31 pm
Don't worry, Dagger would high five you still. :)
Nov 17, 2015 5:32 pm
What if he's wearing Malefax gloves too...
Nov 17, 2015 5:50 pm
Friar_Tuk says:
Falryx: I'm going to DM you with a short list of items I'm hoping Urik could have scavenged for your approval. Possibly later tonight.
Right-o!
Nov 17, 2015 6:36 pm
Remnant says:
What if he's wearing Malefax gloves too...
It would be a very upsetting high five.
Nov 18, 2015 3:38 am
Power outage (5 hours and counting) so will follow up tomorrow unless I get one of the candles. :)
Nov 18, 2015 3:39 am
I'd give you my glow rod but I already gave it away to that villager.
Nov 18, 2015 7:19 pm
Heads up -- still no power at home, so no internet. I'm delayed as a result in updating the game.

We're working on 21 hours w/o power, so hopefully it'll be back soon.
Nov 18, 2015 7:25 pm
I can only imagine the hellish nightmarescape that must be. Stay strong.
Nov 19, 2015 10:21 pm
...forgot I had a business trip today -- back home late tonight. Sorry for the lull.
Nov 20, 2015 12:17 am
No worries hope you have power now.
Nov 20, 2015 12:37 am
Yes, thankfully -- came back yesterday after 24 hours out. I've had a crappy week of first world problems, so I'm ready for a vacation. :)
Nov 20, 2015 4:13 am
Yeah, no worries. Dagger and the Crew will be here when you get back.
Nov 20, 2015 4:17 am
PhantomNimbus says:
Dagger and the Crew
Sounds like a bad rap group.
Nov 20, 2015 4:27 am
DJ Dagger and the Funky Crew.
Nov 20, 2015 4:41 am
Urik is totally an S-1W. Anybody? Crickets. Ugh, I feel old.
Nov 20, 2015 5:19 am
"I called the Empire a long time ago. Don't you see how late they're reacting?"
Nov 20, 2015 6:47 am
I think this is well deserved right now.
Nov 20, 2015 6:52 am
How did I not know they made another one.
Nov 20, 2015 7:19 am
PhantomNimbus says:
I think this is well deserved right now.
Like George Lucas, that guy keeps going back and remaking his video; that's the third or fourth remake. Hilarious!
Nov 20, 2015 7:21 am
PhantomNimbus says:
How did I not know they made another one.
I'd never seen this one before; all the rap references are particularly funny to me.
Nov 26, 2015 5:37 pm
We are on the way to the spot marked "Wolf Den" on the map? Have we crossed the bridge yet, or are we going by another route?
Nov 27, 2015 4:49 pm
No, this place isn't yet marked on the map. You are headed to the cliff wall north/northeast of the village.
Dec 2, 2015 5:28 pm
Man, Friar_Tuk, that was a lot of dice to roll and not succeed!

I guess Urik really doesn't like the dark (makes sense)...
Dec 2, 2015 5:30 pm
spaceseeker19 says:
Man, Friar_Tuk, that was a lot of dice to roll and not succeed!

I guess Urik really doesn't like the dark (makes sense)...
That's actually one of my favorite things about the FF Games SW systems: No matter how good or bad you are, there's always a chance to fail or succeed miraculously!

And no, Urik most definitely does not like the dark.
Dec 2, 2015 5:31 pm
When your former boss/mentor establishes regular beatings until morale in the unit improves...
Dec 3, 2015 9:31 pm
Did Dagger OD on Turkey and Stuffing?
Dec 4, 2015 1:49 am
I suspect we are entering the Holiday Zone where lots of this gets harder. I'll roll for him and move things along if need be.
Dec 4, 2015 4:22 pm
I have more to add, but need the CRB to do so -- so more from me later today.
Dec 4, 2015 4:33 pm
In the meantime que up the Scooby Doo music for investigating spooky stuff.
Dec 5, 2015 1:11 am
Sorry about lack of posts lately. This months crazy.
Dec 5, 2015 1:17 am
I am also in the midst of a ton of crazy work stuff for the next two weeks, so I'll try and be good but some advanced warning in case it all goes pear-shaped. :)
Dec 10, 2015 1:16 am
Just a quick sanity check: have we been told that there's a holocron in this cave? I thought we'd just been directed to this cave by the villagers as a place that was shunned as evil. I know that the guardian/protector sent us to find a nearby holocron, but have we seen any evidence of one in this cave yet?
Dec 10, 2015 5:35 am
I think you were told it was taken to a vergence in the Force -- or perhaps the Curator just thought that'd be a good place to start... checking... Ah, yes, "find the vergence, and you are likely to find the lair to which the beasts have taken the holocron..."
Dec 10, 2015 5:36 am
@Remnant - answering your query on influence here. Answer is 'no'. That's what the Sense power does.
Dec 10, 2015 1:53 pm
Ooooh, well that's good. No possession for the feels needed. XD On the Cave thing being where the holocron I was under the impression is was in here or coming here would lead us to where it might be (if it's not here there's a clue where it is here).
Dec 14, 2015 4:54 am
Is there any check you want us to do before Kaveri gets to the center of the caves?
Dec 15, 2015 4:08 pm
Sorry for the delay -- I got hit by a stomach bug yesterday.. will try and get caught up today.
Dec 15, 2015 4:24 pm
Hope you're doing better.
Dec 15, 2015 7:35 pm
MUCH better. Today I think I feel human instead of 'worm'.
Dec 16, 2015 2:16 pm
Anyone know from other games if Phantom is around? I don't want to 'poke the bear' and not have him ready to do a backflip in front of it and steal it's hat... like ya do.
Dec 16, 2015 4:06 pm
I'm in a number of games with him, and he's posted an occasional message that he's been away and hopes to start posting again soon, but hasn't been regular with any of them for a week.

Edit: Oh, wait, I found it now, from one of the games he's running:
PhantomNimbus says:
Okay, just updating all my games. Sorry for the lack of communication. The holidays got me super busy, but I'm still on to start after the 25th again. I haven't died! :)
So it sounds like he might not be active until after Christmas.
Last edited December 16, 2015 4:21 pm
Dec 16, 2015 4:59 pm
Should I poke the Bear err Cougar mmm actually Mama Ice Wolf? I don't think we're going to resolve it in under a week unless I'm just really paranoid/creped out... and it's nothing
Dec 16, 2015 10:28 pm
POKE! POKE! POKE!
Dec 19, 2015 4:59 pm
waiting on a couple more initiatives.. i guess i'll roll Dagger and the Beasts.

that, by the way, is the name of my next 80s metal cover band.
Dec 19, 2015 5:02 pm
falryx says:
waiting on a couple more initiatives.. i guess i'll roll Dagger and the Beasts.

that, by the way, is the name of my next 80s metal cover band.
This implies that there have been previous 80s metal cover bands that you've been a part of.

Dagger and the Beasts sounds more like a bad 60s Hannah and Barbara cartoon. :-)
Dec 26, 2015 4:38 pm
Suspect we have some holiday kerfuffling with the forums. Will wait for another couple players (i'll generally plan on playing dagger after the beasts to make it easier).
Dec 28, 2015 4:04 pm
Urik pulls his blaster and fires at whichever is nearer to him; the largest wolf or the nearest group.

OOC: Assuming two purple for medium range. Also assuming, as I neglected to message the GM, that Urik is wielding a light blaster pistol he took off one of the mercenaries. Feel free to give me a specific weapon if you like, I can look up damage, crit range, etc.

BAH! posted in the wrong forum! Falryx, can you move to the correct forum? Sorry!
Last edited December 28, 2015 4:07 pm

Rolls

Ranged (Light); Agility=3, no ranks

2 Success, 4 Advantage, 2 Threat

Total: 2 Success, 2 Advantage

Dec 28, 2015 4:36 pm
Can we say that the triumph means that there are stalactites hanging precariously above the wolf mother? If so, then my action will be to attempt to shoot the stalactite to drop a large amount of stone onto the wolf mother. If not, I'm trying to envision what else I might do with that triumph...
Dec 28, 2015 10:22 pm
Yup. We can definitely do that.
Dec 29, 2015 3:58 pm
Dumb question for after combat, I don't know if we understood how we purified the temple fully. Due to his background Heyop would probably try and snap the wolves out of it (They're really not in the wrong in his mind, more of a set of victims actually and he would think in this situation they should be killed). That's why I yelled out to stun them.

Would I know or could the group figure out how to do a Jedi mind trick to scrub the PTSD (for lack of a better term) the Hunter gave them that messed them up in the vision? Jedi Belly Rub?
Last edited December 29, 2015 3:58 pm
Dec 29, 2015 3:59 pm
Tuk - I can only move threads not posts, I think. Alas. I'll copy this into your other post.
Dec 29, 2015 4:02 pm
Remnant says:
Dumb question for after combat, I don't know if we understood how we purified the temple fully. Due to his background Heyop would probably try and snap the wolves out of it (They're really not in the wrong in his mind, more of a set of victims actually and he would think in this situation they should be killed). That's why I yelled out to stun them.

Would I know or could the group figure out how to do a Jedi mind trick to scrub the PTSD (for lack of a better term) the Hunter gave them that messed them up in the vision? Jedi Belly Rub?
You definitely feel like you can assault/fight the Dark side forces attacking her. Doing so will require you to be within 'engaged' range and will take an average Discipline check (two purple). Enough success here could drive out the darkness. But obviously it comes at serious personal risk.
Dec 29, 2015 4:03 pm
falryx says:
Tuk - I can only move threads not posts, I think. Alas. I'll copy this into your other post.
It was just a good roll, I want to preserve it, lol.
Dec 29, 2015 4:23 pm
Guess I know where I'm going next... at least it's not mating season... that's a kind of personal risk I don't want to be take.
Dec 29, 2015 4:49 pm
Well -- with her knocked unconscious you're in better shape -- soon as you take care of the kids. :)
Dec 29, 2015 4:58 pm
Alright, sorry for such a long absence. December was cuh-ray-zee. I'll review changes and get myself back in the game now.
Dec 29, 2015 5:10 pm
Welcome back!
Dec 29, 2015 5:22 pm
Also anyone else enjoying the dysfunctional sibling relationship aspects of Dagger, Urik, & Heyop?
Dec 29, 2015 5:28 pm
Remnant says:
Also anyone else enjoying the dysfunctional sibling relationship aspects of Dagger, Urik, & Heyop?
Yeah, for sure. Urik's gonna have a few things to say if it keeps up ;)
Dec 29, 2015 5:45 pm
Thanks, yeah, it's a weird thing going on, but it's great. Gives me more to bank on with Dagger as a character, other than his reckless nature.
Dec 30, 2015 2:37 pm
Phantom did you add your attack role to your post? If so it didn't take.
Dec 30, 2015 3:02 pm
Falryx, last night I compared my character sheet here on GP with the paper sheet I filled out for Urik. It seems I never completed the data entry for this site. I noticed this because I remembered training ranks in melee, but the GP sheet didn't reflect that.

Expect to see some changes at some point today. Just wanted to give you a heads up.
Dec 30, 2015 11:22 pm
Ok. Let me know when you are done? I'll do some math and raise questions if any.
Dec 30, 2015 11:23 pm
Update in main thread tonight. Today was a skiing day.
Dec 31, 2015 3:25 am
Kaveri -- on the triumph. I think your suggestion is a good one, but given you're basically blasting a hole into a wolf how would you suggest it manifest? I have a couple ideas, but don't want to make this just my story.. :)
Dec 31, 2015 3:54 am
Initially, I was thinking that the Dark Side's hold would be interrupted or cut off when the Mama Wolf was out, but now I see I could elaborate it - maybe there is some mammalian concern for their mother that moves the hearts of the remaining wolves away from their hatred, and that compassion weakens the hold of the Dark Side on their souls.
Dec 31, 2015 3:56 am
That could work -- perhaps to add to it, Kaveri's a hunter of sorts -- so perhaps the triumph represents her calm presence "in the now" -- more one with the living Force, and that has some sort of radial impact on things? Don't hesitate to pull out some of the metaphysical woo woo with the Force since it's meant to be a major part of your characters and how they approach life.
Dec 31, 2015 4:27 am
Remnant, my first attack was already rolled by falryx while I was away. I was waiting for NPCs to go so we have another round. My last post was just interjection of dialogue.
Dec 31, 2015 4:39 am
After you went we entered another round, so you could go again. I'll note these more explicitly next hereafter.
Dec 31, 2015 4:46 am
My bad, missed that in everything. I'll make sure to be extra reckless and dangerous to make up for it. :)
Dec 31, 2015 8:10 pm
falryx says:
Ok. Let me know when you are done? I'll do some math and raise questions if any.
Sheet updated. There were ranks added in a few skills: Melee (2), Ranged-Light (1).
Dec 31, 2015 9:04 pm
thanks -- will do some math and checking tonight.

you are rolling awesome with that sword. :)
Dec 31, 2015 9:11 pm
falryx says:
thanks -- will do some math and checking tonight.

you are rolling awesome with that sword. :)
Well, its narratively appropriate that Urik would have a hard time with that sword. But the dice are definitely against me!

I double checked the math too. From what I read, I expended 120 xp.
Last edited December 31, 2015 9:11 pm
Jan 2, 2016 4:18 pm
Heyop -- I skimmed over your note previously and didn't realize it wasn't another attack roll. What are you hoping to accomplish with the Discipline check?
Jan 2, 2016 4:40 pm
falryx says:
Remnant says:

You definitely feel like you can assault/fight the Dark side forces attacking her. Doing so will require you to be within 'engaged' range and will take an average Discipline check (two purple). Enough success here could drive out the darkness. But obviously it comes at serious personal risk.
I guess I was going to try and calm the ice wolves down using 'The Force' or was that just possible with the matreon?
Jan 2, 2016 4:53 pm
Ah - ok. If you're trying to purge the dark side, that's something -- but ultimately it has to be done with the matron. Want to keep that action or change to a different one?
Jan 2, 2016 9:02 pm
I'll try and purge the matron for now.
Jan 2, 2016 11:04 pm
ok!
Jan 2, 2016 11:08 pm
Sorry, busy last couple of days. Thanks for playing out Csillag's turn, falryx.
Jan 3, 2016 4:49 am
No worries!
Jan 4, 2016 5:57 pm
Thanks for the reminder on the pierce, Dagger. Unfortunately a br-based weapon is just a bad option for you. A 'hit' to the wolves, mechanically, means that you do 1 point of damage for each success (four soak - 2 pierce - 1 br - 1 vibroknife damage). Time to get you a lightsaber keyed to your better attributes. :)
Jan 4, 2016 5:58 pm
Dagger is looking at his dropped blaster with a very longing stare right now.
Jan 7, 2016 9:01 am
Dumb question, is damage from the wolves before or after takin soak, into account?
Jan 7, 2016 4:05 pm
Double post: Since it sounds like he still has a hold on me what's the difficulty to draw my backup piece with Quickdraw and shoot him at point blank range (Shove the gun against his throat and pull the trigger)?
Jan 7, 2016 8:46 pm
I take soak into account. Total damage was 8 + 1 rank of pierce (effectively 9). Minus your 4 soak got me to 5.
Jan 7, 2016 8:47 pm
He's on your left side. If you're right handed, you can definitely do it. You'd get a boost die.

Rolls

1d2 1 = left, 2 = right - (1d2)

(1) = 1

Jan 7, 2016 9:01 pm
ok, guess I'll queue up my actions as well.
Jan 7, 2016 10:19 pm
@urik

I realize I didn't answer this question:
Quote:
I'm unclear on this: if I use a force power like this, does a black count as as a Failure in terms of canceling out Successes? If so, this roll is a wash. If not, I make it.
You basically did the right thing. Since it was a Darkside point you don't get a success -- but you don't get a failure either (unless you choose to draw on the dark side -- at which point you'd gain conflict).
Jan 15, 2016 2:53 pm
Sorry guys, I was doing better then my wife had to go and birth our second kid. :)

This last week was rough but I should be getting back posting time over the next few weeks. Assuming I'm not sleeping.
Jan 15, 2016 3:15 pm
PhantomNimbus says:
Sorry guys, I was doing better then my wife had to go and birth our second kid. :)

This last week was rough but I should be getting back posting time over the next few weeks. Assuming I'm not sleeping.
CONGRATULATIONS! Hope everyone is happy and healthy!
Jan 15, 2016 6:49 pm
Congrats, I figured you were rping being KO'd
Jan 15, 2016 8:34 pm
Congratulations! Oh, those sleepless nights and haggard days - I remember them well!
Jan 15, 2016 8:54 pm
Congrats here too! :)
Jan 20, 2016 11:32 am
Out of curiosity what all needs to be tied up besides healing? Are there additional 'chores'/improvements to make again?
Jan 20, 2016 4:56 pm
Nope -- we're in a pausy part -- but I thought i'd give you guys the chance to interact with the new gatekeeper -- I can throw in some 'after you rest up' components though. :)
Jan 20, 2016 10:24 pm
An interesting graphic on the subject of lightsaber colors.

Crystals are colorless until attuned to the Jedi.
https://cdn0.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/7j5T8W5C3O3l0gtV2BIuZg93JAw=/1600x0/filters:no_upscale()/cdn0.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_asset/file/3742634/lightsabers_rev.0.png
Jan 21, 2016 12:12 am
Dibs on purple, purple's still Prince.
Jan 21, 2016 12:14 am
Looks like Csillag would be a green....
Jan 21, 2016 1:02 am
Pretty sure Urik would ping purple. He's walking that edge still, even if it hasn't come up much so far.
Jan 21, 2016 6:23 pm
Most of the Galaxy would not consider the Emperor to be a Force user. There's rumor he was disfigured by the Jedi in their attempt to overthrow him and take control of the Republic. But Darth Vader isn't even considered really a Force user so much as a remote figure of dismay and boogeyman.

That said -- Hethan as a scholar of the Force would be aware of the Imperial interest in ensuring all-things-Jedi were either eradicated or tightly controlled.
Jan 21, 2016 6:35 pm
Nothing makes an Emperor angrier than all his secret agents (insert high ranking military/economic/political advisors if you like) being asked:

Jedi: Are you a Secret Agent?
Secret Agent: Yes. Oh Crap!
Jedi: What do you know?
Secret Agent: Well it's funny you should ask, see... wait! I know nothing!
Jedi: Tell Me
Secret Agent: T_T
Secret Agent spills the beans.

Emperor: ... Is that planet going to blow up or what?!?!... What happened to the Death Star!
Emperor rages.
Jan 21, 2016 6:43 pm
falryx says:
Most of the Galaxy wouldn't not consider the Emperor to be a Force user. There's rumor he was disfigured by the Jedi in their attempt to overthrow him and take control of the Republic. But Darth Vader isn't even considered really a Force user so much as a remote figure of dismay and boogeyman.

That said -- Hethan as a scholar of the Force would be aware of the Imperial interest in ensuring all-things-Jedi were either eradicated or tightly controlled.
Sounds about right. I was just playing in to some RP. Plus, I don't know everyone's background.

Urik want a lightsaber really badly btw.
Jan 21, 2016 6:56 pm
Edited my post to remove the double negative. "Most of the Galaxy would not consider the Emperor.." (not wouldn't not which would mean would, which would be wrong).
Jan 23, 2016 4:27 pm
@Urik:

How about: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Phaeda as your homeworld?
Jan 25, 2016 3:57 pm
That looks a little more urban and long settled than I had in mind.

I was thinking this would be a more colonial world; colonial meaning, just recently settled and mostly uninhabited. However, if you have a plot hook or a narrative element that involves Phaeda, I am fine with tweaking my concept a bit.

If we stick to a relatively new and sparsely inhabited planet, we could always make one up. The Galaxy is large after all.

Let me know what you'd prefer. I'm flexible.
Jan 26, 2016 12:34 am
About ships and Kaveri: the original backstory from the beginner's set had Kaveri in her own ship, but the mechanics and details of that ship were not included, as ships were not relevant to the beginner adventure.
Jan 26, 2016 1:31 am
She's kinda your girl so I guess however you figure really is cannon within reason, if you have one what happened to it over the how long we been here? about two to three weeks?
Jan 26, 2016 1:49 am
How lenient is the force point system. Could I burn one to know someone from the inner rim with a ship? I would love to do that.
Jan 26, 2016 3:35 am
I mean assuming my characters back story involves seedy under bellies of inner rim planets it's probably a given I do know someone with a ship. I guess the point would be to call in a favor and get us a lift.
Jan 26, 2016 9:36 am
Kaveri and Dagger might be the center of the next arc... Also are there any more chore for temple improvements???
Jan 26, 2016 6:19 pm
I'm looking to the GM for thoughts on which ship type Kaveri calls home (if she even does - that's an assumption from the Beginner's Set background for the character).

The Beginner's Set had her traveling with Hethan for a time, and then with Dao (another PC). So I think it wouldn't be a one-person ship like many starfighters. Perhaps a small freighter? Could be that, as a Hunter, she has had to acquire quarry sometimes (rather than just killing), and that would require transport. I haven't played this game much, and ships have never come into play so far when I have, so I'm a bit at sea with this. A G9 rigger, perhaps? I could see that a Pathfinder scout ship might make sense, too, though it would mean that not everyone could travel together in one ship.
Jan 27, 2016 9:57 pm
Friar_Tuk says:
That looks a little more urban and long settled than I had in mind.

I was thinking this would be a more colonial world; colonial meaning, just recently settled and mostly uninhabited. However, if you have a plot hook or a narrative element that involves Phaeda, I am fine with tweaking my concept a bit.

If we stick to a relatively new and sparsely inhabited planet, we could always make one up. The Galaxy is large after all.

Let me know what you'd prefer. I'm flexible.
Well -- I can always dig around and look for something else. "recently colonized" stuff may apply -- but there won't be backstory, so I can try and dig up a name that doesn't have canon/legends material associated. :)
Jan 27, 2016 9:57 pm
PhantomNimbus says:
How lenient is the force point system. Could I burn one to know someone from the inner rim with a ship? I would love to do that.
Yup!
Jan 27, 2016 10:00 pm
spaceseeker19 says:
I'm looking to the GM for thoughts on which ship type Kaveri calls home (if she even does - that's an assumption from the Beginner's Set background for the character).

The Beginner's Set had her traveling with Hethan for a time, and then with Dao (another PC). So I think it wouldn't be a one-person ship like many starfighters. Perhaps a small freighter? Could be that, as a Hunter, she has had to acquire quarry sometimes (rather than just killing), and that would require transport. I haven't played this game much, and ships have never come into play so far when I have, so I'm a bit at sea with this. A G9 rigger, perhaps? I could see that a Pathfinder scout ship might make sense, too, though it would mean that not everyone could travel together in one ship.
I'm totally cool with you guys having a ship. A G9 or a YT-1300 is a good answer. Got a preference? The G9 is what Annakin Skywalker pilots in the Clone Wars cartoon series. The YT-1300 is the iconic form of the Millenium Falcon.
Jan 27, 2016 10:00 pm
Sorry for the delay folks. Crazy couple of days...
Jan 28, 2016 1:06 am
No worries. Hope you're doing well.
Jan 28, 2016 7:48 am
falryx says:

I'm totally cool with you guys having a ship. A G9 or a YT-1300 is a good answer. Got a preference? The G9 is what Annakin Skywalker pilots in the Clone Wars cartoon series. The YT-1300 is the iconic form of the Millenium Falcon.
A G9, then. Even dead, you couldn't get Kaveri to pilot a piece of junk like a YT. A girl's got to have some standards.
Jan 28, 2016 3:17 pm
A G9 should be good. Doubt it has great sleeping accommodations, but it should get us to where we need to be.
Jan 28, 2016 8:04 pm
So, I took this quiz, one of those online personality test things. It was a "What sort of Role Player Are You?" quiz. I got Method Actor, which seemed weird to me at the time, but the more I play as characters (I've spent 98% of my TTRPG career as a DM/GM) the more I think its right.

I'm into the back and forth happening around Urik, and intellectually, I'm playing a game. But when I read those posts my heart rate physically goes up and I start to get pissed...

Guess I get pretty into my characters after all.
Jan 28, 2016 8:09 pm
That confrontation was fantastic, on both sides. Each wanting to get the last word in, even just as yourselves.

Sometimes the lines blur, but that is when the game gets real and meaningful.
Jan 28, 2016 8:13 pm
Well, Remnent was writing a book there. Urik wouldn't have just sat and listened to all that. If we'd been at a face to face session, there would have been an epic in character shouting match. I haven't gotten to be a player in a live game in over 20 years. I really want to get into a face to face game!
Jan 28, 2016 8:13 pm
Also, I just deleted my previous post and changed my last OOC post to have it, so it all fits better now. Remnant, you can probably remove your OOC post if you want. :)
Jan 28, 2016 8:14 pm
Friar_Tuk says:
Well, Remnent was writing a book there. Urik wouldn't have just sat and listened to all that. If we'd been at a face to face session, there would have been an epic in character shouting match. I haven't gotten to be a player in a live game in over 20 years. I really want to get into a face to face game!
As a GM of one face-to-face game, there has been times the characters went at it, or I've wanted to throw my DM guide at someone, for sure. It's all fun until someone's sass turns real. :)
Jan 28, 2016 8:15 pm
@ Friar_Tuk No offense bud, Urik has a lot on his mind and reality has got to be heavy on his heart these past few weeks since he has time to actually feel and think for himself about everything that's happened to him.

Heyop isn't mad at Urik mind you. He's worried about him and that sword before it's cleansed and he's wondering if he almost got Dagger killed and possibly Urik being next due to trying to figure out the objective over the team's safety.

Edit: I guess write a bit long winded, in the future it would probably make more sense then to OoC: Hey I'd like to start a confrontation dialogue on something since PbP honestly still needs that back and forth so it gels.
Last edited January 28, 2016 8:18 pm
Jan 28, 2016 8:17 pm
Everyone should remember these words, "Only Dagger will get Dagger killed." That's the motto of my character.
Jan 28, 2016 8:22 pm
LOL @phantomnimbus

@Remnant: No offense taken! I love this kind of RP, its real!. All these characters are in very stressful and dangerous situations. Urik came very close to death, and he's still wracked with guilt over his family and has major trust issues after Malefax's treatment of him. I always find it kind of ridiculous how calm PCs are when faced with dangerous situations. I've loved how you play the Doctor in our Old Republic game. Feel free to initiate dialog with me any time, I'm more than happy to participate!
Jan 28, 2016 8:33 pm
@ PhantomNimbus Also Big Wolf Ghost things... don't forget big @$$ ghost wolves that nom noms Dagger in a not cure way.

@ Friar_Tuk Out of character I get Urik has a lot of stuff going on, there's the crisis of what if he does something out of muscle memory from his time with Malefax that's bad. Street Urchin keeps bugging him and Urik goes to physically choke the kid and stops himself realize what he just did without thinking. Does he tell others? Does he freak out and get drunk? In character we don't know.

Heyop yall might be able to tell is a burnt out soldier turned ranger living out in the sticks, normal people would hate the isolation. What sane social person would want something like that? Heyop is probably going to realize the PCs aren't in the military and he'll need to actually interact besides barking at everyone or being blunt.

My character in the EotE game is very different I think, I think I like that about characters though giving them each a different spin on life with a range of personalities although both have a shite past Orninoh is more of a passive aggressive gloom sayer with a lip and a "It's Go Time switch".
Jan 28, 2016 8:55 pm
Quote:

OOC:
Edit: When do we roll morality stuff? I felt this was a test for me about justice vs cruelty with the animals. D=
Good question -- let me look into that.
Jan 28, 2016 9:00 pm
I think we should for sure take a couple weeks to heal wounds and get the temple in order. There doesn't seem to be a pressing threat. Better to get ourselves up to speed.

Besides, Urik needs to chill the F out for a while...before he starts a slap fight with Heyop.
Last edited January 28, 2016 9:01 pm
Jan 28, 2016 9:03 pm
Yeah I agree. No one wants to carry Dagger... This reminds me of my Mage is a face to face group, the woman playing the female fighter grumbled since I was taking to long walking and asked if I wanted to be carried and I said yes, she added like a lady in her arms and I said yes again immediately... I then asked her to hold on a minute so I can put some pants on underneath my robes... The player facepalmed and said I hate you.
Jan 28, 2016 9:24 pm
Sounds good. We take the time to heal up.
Jan 28, 2016 9:38 pm
Heyop feels like hovering around Dagger...
Jan 29, 2016 6:30 pm
@Falryx: A question regarding the sword. Is it a cortsosis blade? Or is this something I wouldn't know at this point? Probably the latter, but I've been chewing on this sword and its eventual fate...
Jan 31, 2016 10:05 pm
I think I dubbed it a Cortosis blade (incorrectly based on the statblock in the adventure) so.. you know, it's a cortosis blade if I said so (I don't like retconning when I make a mistake that fundamental). But it's more than just a cortosis blade. Lots of real evil imbued in it.. so it's a minor artefact of the dark side. quite possibly in the hands of a true practitioner of the dark side it could be nasty.
Jan 31, 2016 10:06 pm
Hey crew -- how do you want this to play out? Do you want Dagger healed before you go? If so, I can work with Dagger offline (or do the many rolls it'd take and add up the weeks) and figure out the time there. Don't want mechanics to get in the way given it's PbP and if Dagger and Csillag don't mind me rolling a bit for them we can tie it up quickly.
Jan 31, 2016 10:09 pm
I think whatever we can do to try and fast track that time. If I should be making a roll and I'm not feel free to make it for me. Just don't want to hold up the game.

I'm a little unsure what the rules are for healing of those critical injuries and stuff.
Jan 31, 2016 10:24 pm
basically, it's a week per attempt. it's unclear of Csillag's attempts are in addition to natural healing or instead of it. Moreover, it looks like Csillag can try and heal both injuries each week. So it'd be a medical check with 1 purple and 2 purple for her.

If you guys plan on getting you healthy, i can just tee that up and count and call it X weeks depending on how I roll. :)
Jan 31, 2016 10:26 pm
As an example:

Based on these, you'd be up in a week. :)

Rolls

Csillag aids in critical recovery of easy wound

5 Success, 1 Advantage, 2 Threat

Total: 5 Success, 1 Threat

Csillag aids in critical recovery of average wound

5 Success, 1 Advantage, 2 Failure

Total: 3 Success, 1 Advantage

Jan 31, 2016 10:28 pm
I think, in terms of keeping the game moving narratively we should wait for me to recover and take the weeks. It may make our upcoming mission harder but seems to get us all to a good place to start the next arc of the story. So I say just short circuit this and call it a certain number of weeks.
Jan 31, 2016 10:29 pm
Ack. I'll read up on space travel, space combat and get phemis together. :)
Jan 31, 2016 10:32 pm
I'll probably need to review space combat too. I only glanced it briefly before.
Feb 1, 2016 2:53 pm
The tricky part about space combat in this system is all the specific maneuvers and actions. In my face to face group, we have to have multiple books open to those pages to make everything work mechanically. Too much to remember.
Feb 2, 2016 3:11 pm
What is the climate like on Phemis? I can't find any info online. I guess it's because this is the first instance where the planet has actually been referenced in the Star Wars lore, according to Wookipedia.

It would be cool if I had full detail on the planet to add to the Wookipedia entry which is currently just a stub that says the crystals can be found there.
Feb 2, 2016 3:28 pm
Here's what I found:
Phemiss

Planet:
New_Plympto
Feb 2, 2016 3:31 pm
This is actually Phemis. It's the main planet of the Phemis system.

I know that is the actual one because it is referenced as being used within the Hidden Depths adventure for this RPG (which is included in the Gamemaster Kit).

Is that correct Falryx?

EDIT: I should also have mentioned there was a tiny adventure spoiler in the Hidden Depths description and some of the Phemis stuff. Read at your own risk.
Last edited February 2, 2016 3:32 pm
Feb 2, 2016 3:38 pm
I figured they were the same due to this:

Phemiss was the capital city of New Plympto. It has been speculated that "Phemis" might be another name for that planet, though this has not been officially backed up.

It is possible they purposely made it vague so the GM can add in what they like, alpaca farming is a thing there, droid dance battling is a gambling venue.

I don't think we'll be seeing much of Falryx in any of his games until Wednesday due to work longer if he's burnt out on the trip back or if he gets airplane crud.
Feb 2, 2016 3:40 pm
I think that 'Phemis' was mentioned previously, before they decided to use it in this new Hidden Depths adventure, but I think now they are actually building in a bit more into it with the RPG. Falryx may have more details on the planet, or at least a surface map to make a judgement on in the adventure details.
Feb 2, 2016 6:20 pm
I do have full on details from Hidden Depth and am using its setup to drive. I was happy enough to make up elements around Dagobah or anywhere else, but y'all picked Phemis.

I've packed away Hidden Depth into my carryon, but there's a pretty good overview of it in there which I'll post later this week (it'll be a bunch of typing).

Short version: arid, mountainous with a fair amount of geological activity. Lots of mining.
Feb 2, 2016 6:27 pm
Good, hot arid environments suit the Twi'lek. :)
Feb 2, 2016 6:40 pm
falryx says:
Dagobah
Oops. I meant Dantooine.
Feb 4, 2016 11:59 am
*brings the humidifier to combat dry air nose bleeds*
Feb 4, 2016 9:15 pm
Back on the ground - spent all day yesterday sick or on a plane -- so I'm behind with work. will take me a bit to get caught up and keep the story rollin'.
Feb 4, 2016 9:17 pm
No worries man, take your time.
Feb 4, 2016 9:19 pm
Yeah, feel better. We will always be here. :)
Feb 18, 2016 7:32 pm
For the record is everyone still alive?
Feb 18, 2016 11:29 pm
So far....
Feb 19, 2016 7:02 pm
Yup. Been pretty quiet around GP lately.
Feb 21, 2016 7:06 pm
I am also now, alive, again. At least at GP. The last couple of weeks were very heavy travel weeks for me (work and family) so I dropped off the planet a bit. Will see where you guys are and get rolling again. Sorry for the pause!
Feb 23, 2016 11:29 pm
:)

Thank you for the setup, Szemely. :)
Feb 23, 2016 11:36 pm
It was too good to pass up... :-)
Feb 24, 2016 8:06 pm
Fyi, first time I got influence to work. =D
Feb 24, 2016 9:23 pm
Ack - I'd post from work, but I don't remember the details of the skill -- so I need to wait 'til I get home tonight. :)
Mar 1, 2016 2:45 pm
For the sake of facilitating faster roles, unless specified as more difficult I may just assume a default roll is a two-purple difficulty. Is that safe to say?
Mar 2, 2016 8:39 am
PhantomNimbus says:
For the sake of facilitating faster roles, unless specified as more difficult I may just assume a default roll is a two-purple difficulty. Is that safe to say?
Not for me to say, but if it was up to me, I'd say "yes." It's what I've been doing. My understanding (admittedly imperfect) is that standard difficulty for tasks is 2 Difficulty dice.
Mar 3, 2016 12:04 am
Yup - assume 'average' difficulty. i'll occasionally crank it up or down. I may also, as you guys progress, increase your 'average' difficulty to represent the risks you take as you get more experienced (and should subsequently have more reward on success).
Mar 3, 2016 3:21 am
Sounds good. Figured since the post altering by the GM resets the posting player I would help cut down on that. I always prefer the characters to post as themselves in the forums since it's a quick link back to the character sheet, and I mobile GM a lot.
Mar 3, 2016 4:01 am
Was that last run in with the creature considered an encounter? I would like to rest a minute in the shade of this cave to recover some strain. I'm getting pretty worn out.
Mar 3, 2016 3:41 pm
Yes. Y'all can rest if you so choose.
Mar 3, 2016 3:52 pm
A little confused by my roll result. Does it mean I recover no strain? The book says successes allow me to recover strain, but I only got advantages. But sometimes I can use advantage to recover strain. Need a DM ruling on the field.
Mar 3, 2016 4:08 pm
Urik desperately needs to recover some strain too. Is that a resilience roll?
Mar 3, 2016 4:24 pm
It's discipline, or cool. Whichever you want I think. No difficulty. Any success is a strain recovered.
Mar 3, 2016 5:22 pm
I think I may use this to help govern recovery.

https://app.box.com/s/9tlvjuachlzr0ddw4atn
Mar 3, 2016 5:29 pm
That's pretty much what the Force and Destiny book says, but it doesn't mention using advantage symbols from a recovery roll.
Mar 3, 2016 5:42 pm
yah -- it's weird to me that it doesn't mention advantage. so I'm just rolling (sic) with it and going with the norm. Had I written it, I'd have said something like: "You heal 1 strain for every success and every advantage. Threat or failure does not cause strain."
Mar 3, 2016 5:44 pm
On strain (and such) -- I'm not really keeping track anywhere of what I assign to people. :) I assume y'all are. the only downside is that if you're gone for a day or two and i do something as your character I rely on the sheet to be accurate. if you're not using that OR i should be tracking it too, please let me know. I can set up a google XLS and track it easily so I don't forget.
Mar 3, 2016 5:44 pm
Sounds like a good ruling. Thanks.

Edit: I've been updating mine regularly.
Last edited March 3, 2016 5:45 pm
Mar 3, 2016 5:56 pm
Would the droid scouts be grapefruit sized or bowling ball?
Mar 3, 2016 6:07 pm
They are probe droids like those you may have seen on Hoth. They are big and not stealthy at all.
Mar 3, 2016 6:19 pm
Right, because they fly around going, "MembenaMembenaMembena" all the time.

What idiot designed an infiltration spy probe droid that flies around talking to itself all the time?
Mar 3, 2016 6:26 pm
That's the one!

"It's a safe bet the Empire knows we're here..."
Mar 3, 2016 6:48 pm
Empire always outsources projects to the lowest bidding contractor soooo...
Mar 3, 2016 11:14 pm
I keep my sheet updated, but the Strain and Wound counts are at the bottom. I have trouble getting the appropriate boxes to edit correctly for some reason.
Mar 4, 2016 7:43 pm
falryx says:
On strain (and such) -- I'm not really keeping track anywhere of what I assign to people. :) I assume y'all are. the only downside is that if you're gone for a day or two and i do something as your character I rely on the sheet to be accurate. if you're not using that OR i should be tracking it too, please let me know. I can set up a google XLS and track it easily so I don't forget.
I update my sheet pretty regularly, and I try to keep a running account of everything that's happened to the character on the sheet (in the Notes section), so that I can remember. If there's doubt and it would help, you can always check that account to see if it's up-to-date when you look at my character sheets.
Mar 7, 2016 9:54 pm
Travel Warning: ~10am tomorrow 'til late Thursday night. Possible there will be posts, but quite possible there will be a delay.

I'll have an update in place later today.
Mar 8, 2016 4:01 am
Ping Friar Tuk - looking for your wandering prioritization and whatnot.
Mar 8, 2016 2:42 pm
*points to the game thread...*
Mar 8, 2016 2:49 pm
Oops. Thanks.
Mar 11, 2016 4:13 pm
Sup peps, fyi my character in Falryx's EotE game is way more dysfunctional than Heyop.

http://gamersplane.com/forums/thread/1654/

Tuk knows... XD.
Mar 11, 2016 4:16 pm
@Remnant I love the dysfunctional dynamics you and I have created in both games. Cracks me up!
Mar 12, 2016 6:51 pm
Back amongst the living -- will get a post up this weekend.
Mar 14, 2016 1:25 pm
XD *plays Scooby Doo spooky music*
Mar 15, 2016 11:24 am
Update incase people didn't know Falryx lost power recently so has had issues posting. XD
Mar 15, 2016 1:33 pm
Good to know. Thanks.
Mar 26, 2016 3:38 am
Thanks for rolling for Urik falryx. Sorry didn't get back on in a timely fashion. I approve of keeping the game going, so thanks!
Mar 26, 2016 3:58 am
Friar_Tuk says:
Thanks for rolling for Urik falryx. Sorry didn't get back on in a timely fashion. I approve of keeping the game going, so thanks!
No worries -- I try and give people about 24 hours, but if I know you're travelling and the like I might cheat and push it along. :) At least "you" rolled well.
Apr 5, 2016 2:40 am
This game will go a little slower for this week -- time I'll spend on it I'm going to use to prep some stuff for further on. I need to work on my Force tests for y'all. One doesn't simply stumble upon a khyber crystal attuned to one in the street.
Apr 5, 2016 12:38 pm
Wait where's this street! That would be the easier quest!
Apr 5, 2016 11:42 pm
Some dude sells them on the corner out of the back of his van.
Apr 10, 2016 11:24 pm
Yah. But he calls them Fibre Crystals and suggests you mix them with Blue Milk to add fiber to your diet.
Apr 11, 2016 9:03 am
Dagger always starts his day with a bowl of Fiber Crystals. It's part of a well-balanced breakfast.
Apr 11, 2016 5:10 pm
TIL Dagger thinks about eating healthy...
Apr 11, 2016 10:19 pm
Sounds like a painful breakfast.
Apr 11, 2016 11:28 pm
sorry for the delay -- finally figured out how i want to handle your tests.
Apr 14, 2016 4:59 am
szemely says:
Sounds like a painful breakfast.
It's more painful later in the day.
Apr 14, 2016 5:00 am
falryx says:
sorry for the delay -- finally figured out how i want to handle your tests.
Is this where you wring your hands together and cackle maniacally?
Apr 15, 2016 1:40 am
Well, we'll see. this won't play to my strong suit as a GM, so hopefully it goes well. :)
Apr 16, 2016 2:04 pm
I've split threads as you guys handle this encounter, and will rejoin when you come back together -- I thought about doing this in the main thread, but I think it could get confusion to weave four stories (five should Kaveri return) at once...
Apr 21, 2016 2:21 pm
I'm back. Posting momentarily. Sorry for the delay! Its been crazy!
Apr 21, 2016 5:56 pm
wb - good to have you back.

i've PM'd spaceseeker -- but not reply yet. think i found him on twitter, but i'm going to wait 'til he hits a month before i poke him there.
Apr 21, 2016 7:35 pm
Whoo! Good stuff falryx. You got my blood pumping on Urik's behalf. I know it was kind of a predictable plot point, but its the right thing for Urik to have to face. Nice work.
Apr 21, 2016 7:47 pm
Let hope he doesn't mess with your head too much.
Apr 21, 2016 7:49 pm
:) I thought I should play to everyone's motivations and weaknesses -- and 'Hatred' being Uriks there was really only one place to go with that one. :)
Apr 21, 2016 7:58 pm
Oh I meant he keeps on hitting us and he thinks it's Malefax or he sees Malefax killing innocent civilian families and it's Urik when he takes off the hood.
Apr 21, 2016 8:02 pm
All I know is that Urik was deeply traumatized by Malefax. Malefax was the dark center of his world for years; Malefax murdered his entire family in front of Urik, kidnapped him, "trained" him, manipulated his emotions and kept him prisoner.

For Urik to grow, he needs to face Malefax, but Malefax is dead. This is part of why I've played Urik so quiet. He is quiet, and he's been processing years of darkness. Now the focus of all his fear, anger and hate; his own internal symbol of the Dark Side, stands before him.

Time for Urik to deal with all that, however it pans out.
Apr 21, 2016 8:14 pm
4 success AND 5 threat, Dagger? WTF? I don't even know how to handle that.. more thinking to be done. These FFG dice are a riot. :)
Apr 21, 2016 8:16 pm
falryx says:
4 success AND 5 threat, Dagger? WTF? I don't even know how to handle that.. more thinking to be done. These FFG dice are a riot. :)
Have you GMed face to face? Think about having to come up with this stuff on the fly, with a whole group staring at you, lol.

GMing an EotE group really helped me build my improv muscles.
Apr 21, 2016 8:18 pm
Only with my 8 year old -- so the bar on improv quality is pretty low.

I'm so pleased I learned this game on PbP where I can say "What?" and read a couple more passages in the CRB, poke around on the internet a little, maybe watch a little star wars for inspiration and then figure out an answer.
Apr 21, 2016 11:03 pm
I succeeded very well, but in a way that maybe led me into something more dangerous? This is Dagger you are dealing with. Do you remember I spooked a guy into falling off a bridge?
Apr 21, 2016 11:04 pm
Also I hope players aren't reading each other's trials. I'm keeping myself away so the surprise is way more fresh.
Apr 21, 2016 11:44 pm
Hopping on a plane!

If i have wireless i'll keep things rolling. thankfully i need fewer references for these things.
Apr 22, 2016 8:49 pm
I wound up reading on the plane. Updates posted.
Apr 23, 2016 7:28 pm
PhantomNimbus says:
Also I hope players aren't reading each other's trials. I'm keeping myself away so the surprise is way more fresh.
But dat *Spoilers here* was cool... I'll never look at cheese the same way again... *1000 yard stare.*.

On a side note thanks to the GM since it's been an enjoyable splitting of the party.
Apr 25, 2016 2:54 pm
as an OOC note -- some of you may be tested more than others. I'd like you each to finish your trials around the same time -- so folks who are more active and peppering posts back and forth with me are more likely to see more develop. this is not a personal judgement! this is just me trying to make sure we all move along at roughly the same cadence regardless of the time you personally can give to it.

If you feel like you want to explore the trial a bit more after I've moved you on, we can continue to keep the thread open and figure out how to let you explore that part of your character...
Apr 25, 2016 4:52 pm
No worries, some of us don't get the clues as quickly also. XD
Apr 26, 2016 2:12 am
For real guys. I've posted way less, but the GM has me questioning some serious moral dilemmas in Daggers mind. Good GMing for sure. :)
Apr 26, 2016 1:35 pm
Do guys have color preferences for your lightsabers, or do you want me to try and figure it out based on what I think canon (and "legends") imply for your character?
Apr 26, 2016 1:42 pm
I'm of a mindset Light Side = No emotion, Dark Side = All emotion.

I don't think personally you can be considered good as a Light Side Jedi without good moral fibers and compassion which is conflicting against always thinking of the greater good if you think about it and not letting your emotions 'cloud' one's judgement. In a way Light side seem to want to be Jedi Droids but Biological to me for optimum effect.

Dark Side isn't just about negative emotions although if you're going to cast for a movie it makes more sense to typeset your Villain as a Dark Side user who taps into his emotions and eats kittens alive versus being compassionate versus someone who cares and will fight for what they believe is, because they kind of look like the underdog and possibly a hero in some veins.

What color is in the in between since I figure that's where Heyop would pony up.
Apr 26, 2016 2:02 pm
I think the nuance is more "Light Side = serenity / calmness / openness / quietness" and "Dark Side = Advancement of the Self through any means, especially by harnessing emotion".

There isn't really an 'in between' color per se. Rumor on the canon says that purple (Mace Windu's color) is because he bridged the gap between the light and the dark. But purple was also exceedingly rare.

My sense for Heyop is that his natural sense of protecting others and looking after folks would tend to mean a blue saber - possibly yellow like the temple guardians. Csillag's focus on healing and perhaps more contemplative past-times would tend to mean green. Given the aggression of Dagger and Urik, I'd tend to move them towards blue as well.
Apr 26, 2016 2:08 pm
I think Dagger would land in the green area. Not only because of his Twi'lek color, but also because he thinks of himself as a defender or protector of the others. I think green is a traditional protector color.
Apr 26, 2016 2:09 pm
Ah, didn't realize blue was the protector color. I had assumed them to resemble the more definitive Jedi, while red is the more definitive sith.
Apr 26, 2016 2:13 pm
But purple would bring out the color of my eyes... I'm okay with whatever color though.
Apr 26, 2016 2:34 pm
Another way to think of blue/green is that blue is more "physical" (think of Obi-Wan) versus green being more "introspective" or scholarly (think of Qui-Gon).

If you think green makes more sense for Dagger -- that works for me. It's your dude. :)
Apr 26, 2016 3:14 pm
No, by that description blue is right. Blue it is!

Still hoping to craft a shoto. To fit the Dagger motif.
Apr 26, 2016 3:18 pm
Urik is working the emotional angle in his development. The question at the heart of Urik is: Can harnessing/feeling strong emotions be used to do good deeds, or does it inevitably lead to evil? Urik is struggling with this; his only formal training was at the hands of a Dark Side force user. He's talked to the Holocrons now, and read a bit in the Jedi temple, but he remains unconvinced.

I was wondering how much all the others would have talked to Urik about the recent history of the Jedi and the Empire. He was sheltered from most of that by an isolated upbringing. He knows almost nothing about the Empire and I'm assuming most the records in the Jedi temple and the Holocrons are old; not dealing with recent history. The more Urik learns about the Empire, the more he will hate it and want it dismantled. Also (on the flip side of his Morality) he will want to save and protect people who are oppressed by the Empire. This hasn't come up at all yet, but when/if it does, this is where he'll likely stand on it.

An interesting infografic on lightsaber colors:
https://cdn0.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/7j5T8W5C3O3l0gtV2BIuZg93JAw=/1600x0/filters:no_upscale()/cdn0.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_asset/file/3742634/lightsabers_rev.0.png
Apr 26, 2016 3:21 pm
Would other jedi make fun of be if I had gray lightsaber with white outline?
Apr 27, 2016 2:19 am
If anyone would like to custom design their lightsaber, check this out: http://www.saberparts.com/
Apr 27, 2016 3:38 am
Remnant says:
Would other jedi make fun of be if I had gray lightsaber with white outline?
Yes. Endlessly.
Apr 27, 2016 12:17 pm
Well besides Blandi the Bland Jedi.
Apr 30, 2016 2:02 pm
weekends can be kinda quiet - so i'll await next steps until either more posts show up or tomorrow.
May 3, 2016 10:34 pm
Gang:

I'm suspicious that we've lost SS19 to Real Life or other commitments. These things happen and I'd happily welcome Kaveri and him back into play. But given it's been 30 days since is ~10 day notice of inactivity on 3/23 it's probably time to segue Kaveri off-camera. My intent will be to have her remain at the Dawn Temple and oversee its restoration. This makes it easy to bring her back in should there be interest.

That said -- the question I now pose to y'all is:

Do we add a new fifth or keep it to the four of you? I'm okay with either answer.
May 3, 2016 10:37 pm
I don't think I have a preference either way.
May 3, 2016 10:37 pm
I'm indifferent on that score. I like everyone in this game, and I like how the dynamics are sorting out, but fresh blood can be a good thing too.
May 4, 2016 2:13 am
I'm fine either way. Bringing new players in is always great because more people get to experience the game, and at least in this case, I don't have to work out the logistics of how to fit them into the plot. :)

I generally don't fear booting players after say a month of inactivity. There are so many games starting on the site that it's not really a big deal to get back into a game. But it's also nice to keep the spot open should they come back. I may have to look into that with my main Red Tavern campaign of D&D.
May 4, 2016 9:13 pm
Ok. what I think i might do is invite Keleth to join in since I think he's the only person in my AOR campaign who isn't either in another one of my games or in another SW game (Candi and Kjmangle are in my EOTE game and SWRPGGM is headed into Tuk's game, I think).
May 4, 2016 9:26 pm
It'd be great to have Keleth in here!
May 5, 2016 6:55 pm
Keleth says he's got too much going on, alas. :)

And wow. Nice rolls, guys. Sheesh.
May 7, 2016 12:54 am
quick dagger poke for a resilience roll...
May 7, 2016 1:54 am
My bad! *pokes Dagger*
May 9, 2016 12:19 pm
Hey all, my busy weekend has bled over into a busy Monday. I'm not going to be very active today. Very sorry and thanks for understanding!
May 9, 2016 12:45 pm
Urik is probably going, 'You see me jump?'
May 9, 2016 12:51 pm
"feces eating grin" is accurate.
May 17, 2016 11:19 pm
Forums briefly closed to the public while a question gets answered elsewhere.
May 18, 2016 6:53 pm
opening back up. we decided to proceed with my proposal.
May 18, 2016 7:00 pm
hello guys! thanks for inviting me to the game! I'm honored that you guys had an open spot and y'all thought of me!
May 18, 2016 7:03 pm
Oh crap, who let this guy in the game?
May 18, 2016 7:03 pm
Welcome aboard!
May 18, 2016 7:05 pm
Oh, THAT darthoingoboingo, we don't need THAT jerk. :)

Welcome to the game. I hope you aren't planning on making a Killbot to make fun of me in THIS game.
May 18, 2016 7:07 pm
well, speaking of characters.. fal said that I could make a new character or take over for the guy you lost. I'm ok with either option, I wanted to get everyone's thoughts.

I could take over the playerless character, but that would be kind of like how aunt vivian in fresh prince was replaced by another actress after a few seasons and nobody noticed

I could make a new character and try really, really hard to not make a loudmouthed sarcastic asshole again...

I'm going to read through the forums to get a feel for what's going on in this game
May 18, 2016 7:09 pm
I'm honestly fine with whatever. I would prefer you have fun in the game. So whatever that means to you is good. Plus new faces in the campaign are always welcome. Especially if they can help us out with this Stormtrooper problem we have right now.
May 18, 2016 7:13 pm
New character=another prisoner rescue just like Urik, lol.

I like the idea of a new character. Let Kaveri take a long term back seat.
May 18, 2016 7:17 pm
I guess I can make a new character in case the player comes back...

what kind of character is needed? we're all jedi, right?
May 18, 2016 7:20 pm
We all just very recently became Jedi. We have two Humans, a Twi'Lek, and whatever Heyop is. :)
Last edited May 18, 2016 7:20 pm
May 18, 2016 7:21 pm
actually, can I get a quick rundown of what's happened so far? there's a lot of subforums..
May 18, 2016 7:23 pm
darthoingoboingo says:
actually, can I get a quick rundown of what's happened so far? there's a lot of subforums..
What if we say no? Seriously. I say build a character you want to play, work with falryx to insert you into the narrative smoothly, call it good. Bring fresh blood and a fresh perspective to the dynamic we have. Shake it up!

In other words: Killbot!
May 18, 2016 7:26 pm
Basic overview is we arrived at a temple on a cold ass planet. Our mentor sent a beacon for us there. We killed this evil dude Malefax. I stabbed him with my own knife, basically killing him in cold blood. In the process we freed Urik and he joined us. We cleansed the evil from the temple and eventually were sent out to find crystals. We arrived on this planet we are on and found our crystals and underwent our trials. We were on our way back to our ship when we found that Stormtroopers were crawling all over it.
May 18, 2016 9:14 pm
My narrative insert would be to have DOB (abbreviating) have a character who had come to the planet for a crystal as well -- perhaps he hitched a ride. His ride bailed when the Imperial heat got turned up and he (although none of this assumes a male character, female is cool) got captured by the Imperials. The Imperials have noticed the Kirtan Strider, though, and assumed he came here with "friends". So he's been drug back to the ship to tell them where his friends are and hold as a hostage against his friends... who don't know he's there.

He will wind up having a crystal, but no hilt just yet (and thus no lightsaber). Hilt parts can be found back at the Dawn Temple, so he'll be similarly equipped to the rest of you after you return to Splintir.
May 18, 2016 9:16 pm
aw, man! so I assume any of the careers or specializations from any of the books is ok?
May 18, 2016 9:17 pm
falryx says:
My narrative insert would be to have DOB (abbreviating) have a character who had come to the planet for a crystal as well -- perhaps he hitched a ride. His ride bailed when the Imperial heat got turned up and he (although none of this assumes a male character, female is cool) got captured by the Imperials. The Imperials have noticed the Kirtan Strider, though, and assumed he came here with "friends". So he's been drug back to the ship to tell them where his friends are and hold as a hostage against his friends... who don't know he's there.

He will wind up having a crystal, but no hilt just yet (and thus no lightsaber). Hilt parts can be found back at the Dawn Temple, so he'll be similarly equipped to the rest of you after you return to Splintir.
OMG, could we make use of the "thing" that I have on me that none of the others know about?
May 18, 2016 9:18 pm
So that's a plan. This allows him to have any background he wants -- and not have to explore the slave/prisoner context overmuch unless he wants.

longer term, Dagger's agility allows him to pilot the ship adequately, or we can have Kaveri turn into the NPC pilot.
May 18, 2016 9:18 pm
Note: Dagger as pilot strikes me as an immensely funny thing.
May 18, 2016 9:20 pm
falryx says:
Note: Dagger as pilot strikes me as an immensely funny thing.
Uh, that's Captain Dagger to you.
May 18, 2016 9:21 pm
So yeah, darthoingoboingo, have you seen the Warrior: Ace tree? Here, let me show you...
May 18, 2016 9:22 pm
Also, if I end up seeing this person this is going to lead to a wreckless plan from me.
May 18, 2016 9:25 pm
well... I was thinking about that. I could have flown to the planet looking for a crystal after following visions and my copilot booted me out after seeing the empire and took off, hoping my capture would distract them from pursuit.

I can play an ace pilot. I won't be the cocky, hot shot type though. I think I'll be a more quiet, intense type when I fly. hell, I'm already playing a doctor, a merchant, and a mystic in other star wars games, might as well add pilot to the pile. it looks like we have people good in a fight, too.

dagger can be my co pilot!
May 18, 2016 9:26 pm
darthoingoboingo says:
well... I was thinking about that. I could have flown to the planet looking for a crystal after following visions and my copilot booted me out after seeing the empire and took off, hoping my capture would distract them from pursuit.

I can play an ace pilot. I won't be the cocky, hot shot type though. I think I'll be a more quiet, intense type when I fly. hell, I'm already playing a doctor, a merchant, and a mystic in other star wars games, might as well add pilot to the pile. it looks like we have people good in a fight, too.

dagger can be my co pilot!
Don't worry, I'll be the wreckless cocky part of the piloting team. You be Chewbaka, I'll be Han. We all know Chewi was the real pilot.
May 18, 2016 9:28 pm
Play what sounds fun. :) we'll make it work

Everyone with a lightsaber will be competent in combat (at engaged ranges). Kaveri was the best with a ranged gun, but the others aren't slouches.
May 18, 2016 9:29 pm
darthoingoboingo says:
it looks like we have people good in a fight, too.
Csillag is really good at falling. Fighting... not so much.
May 18, 2016 9:30 pm
szemely says:
darthoingoboingo says:
it looks like we have people good in a fight, too.
Csillag is really good at falling. Fighting... not so much.
I once scared a dude into falling off a bridge...so...
May 18, 2016 9:33 pm
PhantomNimbus says:
Have you seen yourself??? Could scare the skin off a potato with that mug. :-)
Last edited May 18, 2016 9:33 pm
May 18, 2016 9:33 pm
the hardest part for me in making a star wars character is what race do I want to play? what race is everyone?
May 18, 2016 9:34 pm
szemely says:
PhantomNimbus says:
Have you seen yourself???
That was just with a blaster and vibroknife. Imagine the scene with a blaster and a light saber.
May 18, 2016 9:34 pm
I was going to be an elf but was told there were no elves in star wars, so I went with human.
May 18, 2016 9:36 pm
szemely says:
I was going to be an elf but was told there were no elves in star wars, so I went with human.
Twi'leks are basically space elves. I mean if we are basing the comparison on what races have similar amounts of fan made porn of them. Seems legit.
May 18, 2016 9:36 pm
seriously? I'm thinking twi'lek. but I play a twi'lek in another game on here and I'm afraid I'll get confused.
May 18, 2016 9:45 pm
Szemely / Csillag - Human Female
Friar_Tuk / Urik - Human Male
PhantomNimbus / Dagger - Twi'lek Male
Remnant / Heyop - Mirialan Male

Kaveri is a Togruta female.
May 18, 2016 9:46 pm
What kind of /jedi/ do you want to be? I'd pick the race from the career rather than vice versa... but that might be me min-maxing a little.
May 18, 2016 9:46 pm
PhantomNimbus says:
I mean if we are basing the comparison on what races have similar amounts of fan made porn of them.
That is the gold standard for rating such things.
May 18, 2016 9:51 pm
hmm.. ok, I think I'll go human male. seems simple enough.

oh shit, suddenly got the idea to play a mon calamari so I can scream "it's a trap!" all the time
May 18, 2016 9:52 pm
I have data on Gungans...

Bombad Gungan Jedi?
May 18, 2016 9:53 pm
No Gungans allowed.
May 18, 2016 9:54 pm
We will kill ANY gungans we find.
May 18, 2016 9:55 pm
I sincerely believe that Fantasy Flight games was trolling Star Wars fanbois by putting Gungans into Nexus of Power.

"Oh, you want a book full of really cool force lore and destinations? Ok! Have a Gungan."
May 18, 2016 9:57 pm
meesa jedi!

A JAWA ACE PILOT
Last edited May 18, 2016 10:05 pm
May 18, 2016 11:38 pm
Friar_Tuk says:
I sincerely believe that Fantasy Flight games was trolling Star Wars fanbois by putting Gungans into Nexus of Power.

"Oh, you want a book full of really cool force lore and destinations? Ok! Have a Gungan."
+1.
Quote:

meesa jedi!

A JAWA ACE PILOT
Utinni!
May 18, 2016 11:42 pm
the only downside to playing a jawa ace is one of the other players will have to be on their knees and push the rudder controls
May 18, 2016 11:45 pm
Ugh. I can't abide those jawas, disgusting creatures.
May 19, 2016 1:37 am
wait till you see what I leave in the drain of the fresher!
May 19, 2016 1:39 am
Also here is an overview of the group dynamic. The group says, let's not do something dumb, and at about that moment dagger runs by shouting "I'm doing something dumb!"
May 19, 2016 1:39 am
Step 2: ???
Step 3: Profit
May 19, 2016 2:08 am
quick question that's totally unrelated to anything.. does anyone's character have a military background? maybe imperial?
May 19, 2016 2:26 am
I essentially want to kill Vader, but I was never in the military.
May 19, 2016 2:38 am
I think Remnants background has a bit of military flavor, but I don't know details.
May 19, 2016 2:41 am
Friar_Tuk says:
I think Remnants background has a bit of military flavor, but I don't know details.
We...we don't talk about that much.
May 19, 2016 2:44 am
Heyop was a former soldier grunt turned ranger for a wild life reserve area. Imperial is on the other side of the fence though.
May 19, 2016 2:46 am
Csillag is definitely has no military background
May 19, 2016 2:49 am
ok, so the concept I have is a former TIE pilot who discovered he could use the Force and decided to desert before the ISB could "question" him. there's more to it, but that's the basic concept. sound good?
Last edited May 19, 2016 2:49 am
May 19, 2016 3:08 am
Sounds good to me.
May 19, 2016 3:09 am
Can't tell if you're trolling again like with the can I make a Darth Jar Jar Binks like PC.
May 19, 2016 3:16 am
nah, I'm not trolling. of course he'll be on the run because an ex-imperial jawa TIE pilot kinda sticks out
May 19, 2016 3:28 am
I may try and play a gungan in my next FFG Star Wars campaign.

I'd link to Eddie Izzard doing his Jar Jar binks impression, but alas -- no one has put that up on YouTube.
May 19, 2016 4:20 am
ok, got everything done... do we have any starting equipment for free?
May 19, 2016 11:21 am
Assume the standard starting credits for now.
May 19, 2016 1:22 pm
darthoingoboingo says:
ok, so the concept I have is a former TIE pilot who discovered he could use the Force and decided to desert before the ISB could "question" him. there's more to it, but that's the basic concept. sound good?
So...Finn? Excellent!
May 19, 2016 1:44 pm
Friar_Tuk says:
darthoingoboingo says:
So...Finn? Excellent!
no.. finn was with the first order, and a stormtrooper
May 19, 2016 1:51 pm
darthoingoboingo says:
Friar_Tuk says:
darthoingoboingo says:
So...Finn? Excellent!
no.. finn was with the first order, and a stormtrooper
Yeah, this idea of an Imperial on the run who doesn't realize he has force sensitivity is not in any way related. Totally different. :)
May 19, 2016 1:58 pm
god damn it.. back to the drawing board...
May 19, 2016 2:12 pm
darthoingoboingo says:
No! No! Keep it! It's a good concept! I was just jokin around.

Don't mind PhantomNimbus. He's not so good with the social graces.
May 19, 2016 2:26 pm
*looks at Friar_Tuk and purses his lips and rolls his eyes*
May 19, 2016 2:38 pm
Remnant says:
*looks at Friar_Tuk and purses his lips and rolls his eyes*
What? I like Finn.
May 19, 2016 2:59 pm
Friar_Tuk says:
darthoingoboingo says:

He is right. I'm a terrible terrible person. Dagger is just the embodiment of that. :)
May 19, 2016 2:59 pm
Friar_Tuk says:
darthoingoboingo says:

He is right. I'm a terrible terrible person. Dagger is just the embodiment of that. :)
May 19, 2016 3:09 pm
I'm kidding. I put too much work into him to start over. submitted character for the game, do I also need to post him in the forum?

EDIT: I tried to make a jawa serving in the imperial navy make sense, but all I could come up with is the empire using Jawas as concussion missiles
Last edited May 19, 2016 3:09 pm
May 19, 2016 3:31 pm
darthoingoboingo says:
I'm kidding. I put too much work into him to start over. submitted character for the game, do I also need to post him in the forum?

EDIT: I tried to make a jawa serving in the imperial navy make sense, but all I could come up with is the empire using Jawas as concussion missiles
I figured it was propaganda to win over the Jawa vote. Put a Jawa in a copilot seat in a few TIE fighters and you can say your military employes Jawa pilots.
May 19, 2016 3:36 pm
"employs" slaves are technically employed, right?
May 20, 2016 3:30 pm
Quick rules question for you falryx: How do you want to handle "Once per session" abilities? "Once per encounter" isn't as difficult; its fairly easy to judge when an encounter begins and ends (initiative). But what about a "session"? Would the entire Lure of the Lost thread be considered "One Session"? Each month, since we're granting Xp monthly? "Session" resets on the first with XP award?

Asking because I have a Talent that is usable "Once per session". Want to clarify for the purposes of resource management.
May 20, 2016 3:43 pm
Once per session I was thinking about each month given the XP and destiny cycle I'm on. I figured a month being a pbp "session" is maybe not quite right, but it's close enough. :)
May 20, 2016 3:49 pm
hey falryx, is my character ok? I think I submitted him
May 20, 2016 4:02 pm
thank you for the poke -- that should be something I can do while on the plane... checking (I'm assuming it's fine, tbqh, but i'll poke all the same).
May 20, 2016 4:06 pm
At first blush, everything seems fine. I'll run it through the character creator when I get home to make sure you didn't leave anything out. It seems a /little/ light to me, but that may be due to the force powers and talents (since i don't have point costs in front of me).

in the mean time i'll approve the char.
May 20, 2016 4:13 pm
yeah, those force powers cost a lot. I think move is 10, and enhance is 10 and all the other enhance powers I took totaled 15 or so.
May 20, 2016 4:13 pm
yay! I'm approved!
May 20, 2016 4:16 pm
Powers?!?! 0o`
May 20, 2016 4:19 pm
you guys wanted a pilot, you're getting the best damn pilot in the galaxy
May 20, 2016 4:47 pm
Lin disagrees... I agree to disagree until the verdict is out... *yes very meta*
May 20, 2016 4:51 pm
lol. at least I fly a ship with pants on
May 20, 2016 7:18 pm
I'm on a double today between two jobs. Won't be able to post much until Saturday or Sunday evening.
May 20, 2016 8:42 pm
falryx, let me know here when you found out the dice. I'll update my already existing post with a new roll.
May 21, 2016 3:16 am
Added the extra dice. Dagger's stupid dumb luck pays off again.
May 21, 2016 2:20 pm
@darth

I went through character creation with Mal and I came out that you had 15 XP you hadn't spent. When you picked Morality of 50 which option did you pick (XP? Credits? Both?). Let me know if you'd like me to post a PDF for comparison.

Additionally, everyone else got Move for free -- so let's assume you get another +10 XP (so I think you have +25 XP yet to spend).

Here's what I did:

Human, Warrior -> Ace

110 Starting XP.
Morality 50 -> +10 XP (120 XP)

Stats:

Br 2 -> 3 -30XP (90 XP)
In 2 -> 3 -30XP (60 XP)
Cu 2 -> 3 -30XP (30 XP)

Talents:
Skilled Jockey -5XP (25 XP)
Rapid Reaction -5XP (20 XP)
Solid Repairs -5XP (15XP)

Skills
Athletics 0 -> 1 (Career 1 of 3)
Melee 0 -> 1 (Career 2 of 3)
Perception 0 -> 1 (career 3 of 3)
Mechanics 0 -> 1 (specialization 1 of 2)
piloting-space 0 -> 1 (specialization 2 of 2)
piloting-planetary 0 -> 1 (racial 1 of 2)
discipline 0 -> 1 (racial 2 of 2)
gunnery 0 -> 1 -5XP (10 XP)
mechanics 1 -> 2 -10XP (0XP)

+85 XP to get you into the same realm as the others:

ranged-heavy 0 -> 1 -10XP (75 XP)
sho-chii knight specialization -20XP (55 XP)
lightsaber 0 -> 1 -5XP (50 XP)

force powers
move basic -> -10 XP (40 XP)
enhance basic -> -10 XP (30 XP)
enhance: coordination -> -5XP (25XP)
enhance: piloting-planetary -> -5XP (20XP)
enhance: piloting-space -> -5XP (15 XP)

et voila. did I miss something?
May 21, 2016 2:22 pm
@dagger -- good heavens! =)

I'll wait for Urik since I think he wants to move across the top then will move this into the next phase.
May 21, 2016 2:26 pm
oh.. I see what I did.. I was sitting on a whole bunch of credits because I didn't know if I was getting any gear for free. I as going to edit some stuff in but I forgot. let me know if I get any freebees and I'll adjust my character.
May 21, 2016 2:28 pm
You can assume some basic equipment/clothing/etc. The characters you're joining have had the opportunity for some cash rewards, so in my effort to make this an equivalent replacement, you'd have some of the same. Don't go crazy on the gear, but you can outfit yourself reasonably.

so if you take XP as your morality, I think you have 25 left to spend due to the free Move power.
May 21, 2016 3:36 pm
ok, I'll just take heavy clothing, a blaster, and a commlink as my free gear. will spend the rest on talents and such
May 21, 2016 3:36 pm
Add a couple stimpacks to that list for sure.
May 21, 2016 3:41 pm
I also took shii-sho warrior, so I think I have 20xp left without paying for move
May 21, 2016 4:12 pm
ok, according to my charcter creator, I had 20 xp to work with, so I took three talents from shii-cho. adding it to my sheet now

EDIT: saved.. I should be ready to join in the game. just let me know when the team encounters me
Last edited May 21, 2016 4:19 pm
May 21, 2016 4:34 pm
Shall do. I still see you having 5XP left over, but I must be missing a skill somewhere or something. Or I wonder if you opted for picking different things than I did and that's what did the trick. :)
May 21, 2016 4:40 pm
probably. I'm not going to lose sleep over 5 xp if I shorted myself. I'm going to go with what the generator says. I just want to play soon!
May 21, 2016 8:38 pm
we'll weave you in shortly.. :)
May 21, 2016 10:17 pm
did we establish how I learned how to use the force? or can I come with stuff during the game?
May 21, 2016 11:36 pm
You can come up with stuff.
May 21, 2016 11:54 pm
can do!
May 23, 2016 9:03 pm
Imma waiting 'til this evening and then I'll roll things forward without y'all. :)
May 23, 2016 9:17 pm
let me in, coach! I'm ready!
May 23, 2016 9:21 pm
Dagger is pulling some sweet Jedi moves.
May 23, 2016 9:25 pm
tuk's had a busy work schedule, so no pressure, obviously, but want to give him a chance to articulate a plan, otherwise i'll roll with what I know. :)
May 23, 2016 9:26 pm
Oh, sorry didn't realize y'all were waiting on me.
May 23, 2016 9:26 pm
Urik's plan is to get in position to start jumping those pillars. Was kind of waiting for an initiative call or something before I started jumping around like crazy Jedi monkey.
May 23, 2016 9:31 pm
You can narrate now -- we'll hit initiative time shortly. I wanted to give you a chance to prep your character before we got there. if you're basically ready for me to move it along to that point, I can do that. :)
May 23, 2016 9:36 pm
I want this entire team to just start being acrobatic Jedi Monkeys now. Dagger sprinting around and rolling down a sand hill to hide behind a pillar. Urik leaping around on pillars. We just nee Csillag to do some sweet flips and parkour, and Heyop can get one of those electrified Jedi truncheons from Force Awakens and do some sick spins.
May 23, 2016 10:04 pm
I have an electrified truncheon.... I can spin...
May 23, 2016 11:03 pm
PhantomNimbus says:
We just nee Csillag to do some sweet flips and parkour.
Hahahahahaha!!

Csillag can't walk a path without dragging other people in the party to their deaths and you want her to what?

Hahahahaha!!
May 23, 2016 11:11 pm
Apparently you are the tactics master who finds the amazing cover routes.
May 23, 2016 11:13 pm
Find them just find. Actually walking along them? We'll just have to wait and see....
May 23, 2016 11:14 pm
looks like someone needs to take the force piggyback power
May 25, 2016 1:08 am
Holy crap, I made a thermal detonator out of space beans
May 25, 2016 1:09 am
I wouldn't go /that/ far.. :)
May 25, 2016 1:19 am
That would be funny
May 25, 2016 2:17 am
I think I just bisected a dude. Either way that was two savage rolls in a row.
May 25, 2016 5:08 am
aren't lightsabers damage 10?
May 25, 2016 6:20 am
maybe I made something I could use as a +1 shiv four times? or a garrote wire? they still got pianos in space, right?
May 25, 2016 11:31 am
darthoingoboingo says:
aren't lightsabers damage 10?
Dagger made a Shoto Lightsaber. It's smaller, so less damage.
May 25, 2016 1:19 pm
Base damage for a lightsaber is 6. I think a shoto is 5. That said they have a quality that means they basically ignore 10 points of armor/soak. So given the fact that most people have a soak between 2-4 they sorta have a base damage of 8-10.
May 25, 2016 1:21 pm
The Shoto also has Accuracy 1 so I add a boost dice to all my lightsaber attacks. Luckily I took the Ataru Striker training or I would be useless with this thing still.
May 25, 2016 2:31 pm
Man does the group at the front all have a special unit insignia cause they seem on point.
May 25, 2016 4:08 pm
I know -- a crazy roll. I think I over-allocated skills to Vigilance for them, but my source book is at home and I'm in California (or on a plane) 'til 10 tonight. So we'll roll with it.

Phantom -- I did minion damage wrong. you did 11 points of damage to a minion pool of 15. that means you dropped 2/3 of them and wounded the third. updated the narrative to fit.

generally when it comes to minions and lightsabers, I'll try and give you a sense of their wounds/soldier in the future so you can choose to embellish the outcomes based on your rolls if y'all want. :)
May 25, 2016 4:22 pm
Dang, I did better than I thought I did. When Dagger shows up to a fight he makes a show of it. For better or for worse.
Last edited May 25, 2016 4:23 pm
May 25, 2016 4:53 pm
Good lightsaber rolls should plow through minions.. :) and they do!
May 25, 2016 4:58 pm
I have 9 strain left, and 6 wounds left. Having to count backwards since my character sheet still will not let me put '0' in my current strain and current wounds boxes.
May 25, 2016 5:19 pm
:)
May 25, 2016 5:40 pm
oooo.. 3 threat!
May 25, 2016 5:41 pm
Yeah, but at least I definitely leveled the guy. :)
May 25, 2016 5:44 pm
Yah, without a doubt.
May 26, 2016 1:11 pm
I love the difference in thinking between Heyop and Dagger. Heyop cares for the soldier inside, and Dagger takes a more Star Wars movie approach of mowing down any and all troopers in his way. He is with the "good guys" so it's all cool.

I mean hell, Luke blew up two Death Stars. Imagine how many soldiers, engineers, commanders, etc. were destroyed in that process.

He may have a higher kill count than Vader.
Last edited May 26, 2016 2:14 pm
May 26, 2016 1:54 pm
not to mention independent contractors
May 26, 2016 4:59 pm
I think, strictly speaking, Luke only destroyed one Death Star -- Lando and Wedge took the 2nd one down.
May 26, 2016 5:03 pm
Recently heard about an older EU book that contained a subplot in which Luke is talking to an author who owns the rights to his story. Luke is saying, "Hey, can you write my story and make me sound better? I mean, I am a war criminal responsible for the deaths of millions. Do you think you can make me sound a little better in a book?"

Then Luke reads the book, and gets pissed. Saying, "This is all wrong! You made me look like a hero!" then storms out of the author's office.

As he's storming out, the author says, "That's because you are."

I love the idea of Luke being tortured by all the death he's caused, all the more so because we see none of that in the films.
May 26, 2016 8:37 pm
Hey gang -- busy day at work today, so sorry for the lack of meaningful updates. If I get a little headspace I'll get an update before I head home.
May 26, 2016 8:48 pm
No worries, this is pbp post. XD
May 27, 2016 2:32 am
update posted in case you were tracking my die rolls.
May 27, 2016 1:14 pm
Heyop has flashbacks to trench warfare... *thousand yard stare*.
May 27, 2016 1:15 pm
Lol. I've realized I've now basically made a Swashbuckler of Dagger. He fights with a Rapier in one hand and a flintlock pistol in the other. Where has all the rum gone?
May 27, 2016 1:21 pm
If he doesn't die in the next round, Urik is gonna go HAM on One-Arm.
May 27, 2016 1:47 pm
@PhantomNimbus *Cough* 7th Sea *cough*

@Friar_Tuk Does your spec have access to Dodge?
May 27, 2016 2:08 pm
I backed 7th Sea 2e! Can't wait for it to arrive! Just got an email today that the CRB is scheduled to arrive this summer, before GenCon! Exciting!

I think Shii-Cho has Dodge. I have some XP to spend, would probably be good to look again.
May 27, 2016 2:11 pm
Also as far as I know you don't need a weapon to Parry. By the wording it sounds more like you just expend some extra effort to make sure whatever hits you doesn't do as much damage as it would have.
May 27, 2016 2:41 pm
To me parry seems like partial deflection using a weapon, Dodge to me seems more moving out of the way of weapon going, 'Nooo don't hit me with that it'll hurt!'
May 27, 2016 2:43 pm
True, but the language in the book just says suffer strain to reduce damage from an attack. So I would guess even if you just did it with an arm or something to deflect the blow from doing as much damage. CQC.
May 27, 2016 2:50 pm
Mechanically, I think Dodge is vs. ranged and Parry is vs. Melee. Don't have the book open in front of me though, so could be wrong.

I know from martial arts training that it is perfectly possible to deflect a weapon attack without a weapon in your hand.
May 27, 2016 2:52 pm
I was wrong. Dodge increases the difficulty of the next ranged or melee attack. Parry reduces damage of a successful attack.
May 27, 2016 2:57 pm
Technically Dodge is vs Melee or Ranged, either one. Dodge means you suffer some strain to do a Dodge Incidental out of turn. It upgrades the difficulty of the combat check for whoever is attacking you.

I just looked it up though, and in the Force and Destiny corebook it says at the end of the Parry skill that it can only be used once per hit and when the character is wielding a Lightsaber or Melee weapon. So it seems I was wrong. The short description in the skill tree was incorrect. The talent chapter has the full details.

I guess Parry is also an out of turn Incidental, it is applied after damage is calculated, but before Soak is applied. It can also only be used against Brawl, Melee, or Lightsaber combat checks.
Last edited May 27, 2016 2:57 pm
May 27, 2016 3:02 pm
...and as a result, because you were disarmed, I think the answer is 'no' on the parry.

Note 0 wounds doesn't mean "dead" it means "unconscious". Dead takes a fair amount of work for heroes in FFG.
May 27, 2016 3:05 pm
I struggled a bit with whether I wanted the guy to go after the person who was down and vulnerable or chase after Dagger or assault Heyop. In the end, re-read his NPC bio and figured him for the brutal kind, so... there we are. My guess is that ultimately, you guys will defeat this guy simply due to #s and the fact he has a bunch of incompetent minions at his beck and call.
May 27, 2016 3:09 pm
We will get you for this GM!
May 27, 2016 3:31 pm
FYI: I have no problem with getting housed by an enemy. Like I said, "If" I survive, I'm comin' at him!
May 27, 2016 3:43 pm
In his bio he's rumored to have strangled a jedi with his one remaining arm after he lost his squad and right arm. So.. I figured, if he saw some jedi-like dude winded and unlikely to respond, he'd be pretty viscous in the assault.
May 27, 2016 3:46 pm
Totally cool man. Give me your best shot!

But don't forget to add that Black for my Defensive Maneuver XD
May 27, 2016 3:49 pm
*cough* also don't forget we can flip light side points to add difficulty to their attacks *cough*
May 27, 2016 3:50 pm
DO IT I DON'T WANNA DIE!!
May 27, 2016 3:50 pm
JK, btw. Don't flip a point. I'm holding out for surviving, then flipping one so I can attack that mo-fo better.
May 27, 2016 3:52 pm
*Secret Technique: Flailing Child on Ground Avoids the Belt* Did he just flail on the ground and then do a head spin to get out of the way?
May 27, 2016 3:52 pm
To be fair the current count is 5 light side and 1 dark side. We are bereft of points right now. It wouldn't hurt to flip a few for different things.
May 27, 2016 3:53 pm
PhantomNimbus says:
To be fair the current count is 5 light side and 1 dark side. We are bereft of points right now. It wouldn't hurt to flip a few for different things.
Good call! Falryx: Officially requesting you flip a light side point and upgrade the difficulty of One-Arms attack against me!
May 27, 2016 4:01 pm
Noted!
May 30, 2016 1:05 am
huh... is this the part where we tell Mall to 'clench'?
May 30, 2016 4:42 pm
Huh. So you succeed in your deception, but with a despair.

I think the actions you've indicated, @darth doesn't control for the despair where I imagine it would. I think the short answer is that the troopers probably believe you (success) but perhaps are disinclined to help you -- or just start shooting into the closet, perhaps to "kill whatever it is."
May 30, 2016 5:03 pm
Ah. I have just the thing... just need another roll.
May 30, 2016 7:02 pm
no.. don't shoot into the closet!
May 31, 2016 12:28 am
@Tuk:
Friar_Tuk says:
falryx says:
OOC:
Urik - I think you only take 3 damage total (8 - 3 = 5 - 2 soak (due to pierce) = 3). Also on your attack, Urik, I think it's just 2 red+ 1 setback (due to your defensive stance)

Dagger - it will be done. You guys can assume that trooper is down for the count one way or the other in ongoing rounds.
OOC:
Thank you. I assumed the 8 was post soak. My roll should have been 2 Red (difficulty), 1 Purple (Critical effect) and 1 Black (Defensive stance).
Enemy only has adversary 1. So I think it'd be RP normally. Plus your critical upgrade makes it RR. Plus the setback. RRB. that said, both your purple and the black die are blank so it's a wash anyway. :)
May 31, 2016 12:37 am
Ah, you're totally right! Reading third party reference materials again.
May 31, 2016 2:54 am
We are going to destroy this ship ourselves before we get off the ground.
May 31, 2016 2:56 am
You guys keep rolling 3 threat, so I keep trying to think of reasonable twists. If you do it again, I'm going to have to think of something REALLY creative.
May 31, 2016 10:17 pm
Well I figure my last one will be a setback using the turret in combat soon.

Also it might be a little bit before the round ends. Csillag's actions will be a bit delayed.
Jun 1, 2016 3:59 am
Thanks. Really good chance there are 0 updates from me tomorrow (6/1) due to an all day meeting + a hike in the mountains + dinner. I'll try and get something posted on Thursday - but it could bleed into Friday due to my own work schedule.
Jun 1, 2016 2:50 pm
I think one-arm already went down. Heyop dropped him with some blaster fire.
Jun 1, 2016 2:57 pm
I'm keeping this carbine. Her name is Winona
Jun 1, 2016 3:00 pm
Lol. I'm good with my blaster and shoto combo.
Jun 1, 2016 3:04 pm
I still need brass knuckles or shock gloves to finish off the set.
Jun 1, 2016 3:13 pm
falryx says:
Urik manages to hold his own against the one-armed stormtrooper, getting in some really nice attacks with the lightsaber, but the trooper is ahead of him at every moment. Nonetheless, Urik feels confident in his showing -- it's only a matter of time, he feels, before he'll best the one-armed man.
Last post regarding One-Arm's status. I'ma be mad if Urik doesn't get to take him down after all that.
Jun 1, 2016 3:23 pm
falryx says:
Heyop lines up a shot during the ensuing melee and lands another hit on the one-armed stormtrooper, who falls to the ground with a groan. In the ensuing blaster fire, however, a few stray shots hit the Kirtan Strider around its gun mount. There appear to be an unhealthy amount of sparks coming from the gimbals.
Actually this line was right after that one. Falryx may have updated the post from Heyops action.
Jun 1, 2016 3:25 pm
Ugh. I can read. Really I can.
Jun 1, 2016 3:26 pm
Fella's Winona is a fickle woman she does what she wants.
Jun 1, 2016 3:26 pm
Correct, one-arm is down. Probie is up and shooting at you and the other two troopers are cowering in cover for a bit. Now is not a terrible time to conduct a strategic withdrawal. :)
Jun 1, 2016 3:29 pm
Don't forget the ship is sparking from the gimbals and the loading ramp. If the ship was our opponent we would be doing fantastic.
Jun 2, 2016 12:55 pm
Once we're in the air we can deal with turning wrenches maybe. Also if no one saw.

Darth might be posting a bit slow next few days.
Jun 2, 2016 3:40 pm
Ack -- I may be able to get an update out while on a plane tonight, no sure I'll be able to beat getting one out before tomorrow though.
Jun 2, 2016 4:02 pm
No worries, once we find out who's turn is in we'll probably be beating feet or dragging a body and complaining.
Jun 2, 2016 4:03 pm
Man, I knew I should have had Dagger lean out of the ship and shout to Heyop to pick him up a trooper carbine. Or at least a helmet. Some sort of souvenir.
Jun 2, 2016 4:20 pm
PhantomNimbus says:
Man, I knew I should have had Dagger lean out of the ship and shout to Heyop to pick him up a trooper carbine. Or at least a helmet. Some sort of souvenir.
S'ok, there's one right over by Urik's body...
Jun 2, 2016 4:27 pm
I guess we also have two downed troopers in the ship. I'm sure they had full gear. If either of them are undamaged I'm thinking we have some disguises.

Although lightsaber vs stormtrooper probably doesn't leave intact armor.
Jun 2, 2016 4:46 pm
If it's like old school Star Wars RPG hope the guy is an exact match for your body type everywhere since it's form fitted. Helmets out for Dagger though no?
Jun 2, 2016 5:11 pm
Ah krif. I guess so. :(
Jun 2, 2016 5:13 pm
See you guys gotta get Urik's body. You need a human to wear one of the disguises.

PLEASE DON'T LEAVE ME BEHIND!!
Last edited June 2, 2016 5:13 pm
Jun 2, 2016 5:14 pm
Can Csillag force heal from a distance? If not, she'll still make a run for Urik.
Jun 2, 2016 5:26 pm
I think everyone outside is 'making a run' if they're up or not flying about.
Jun 2, 2016 7:51 pm
You can't do a drive-by healing. That said a stimpack or a Force heal once he's at "engaged" with you will work for sure.
Jun 7, 2016 1:01 am
updated the post. :)
Jun 14, 2016 4:28 pm
ok.. seems like it's been quiet so I'm going to advance the narrative. :)
Jun 14, 2016 5:16 pm
I figure I just had to wait on the couple being ready to leavetalk or not.
Last edited June 14, 2016 5:29 pm
Jun 14, 2016 5:17 pm
ah! I missed your question! will respond to it.
Jun 14, 2016 7:06 pm
I just had a flash moment of panic. Falryx is planning on combining these Star Wars games. What if I end up having to RP Lin and Urik together on a mission? Dear god what have I done...
Jun 14, 2016 7:11 pm
So it may be kind of late to recon but I probably wouldn't let Urik just start hacking away at troopers, I'll finish reading up the thread though and see what you have to say Falryx.
Jun 14, 2016 7:14 pm
Others didn't let me either. Everything got resolved in under 15 seconds "real time" (meaning game world time). I assumed Heyop would be pretty pissed at Urik after this. Urik wasn't really in his right head.
Last edited June 14, 2016 7:14 pm
Jun 14, 2016 7:16 pm
OOC:
Meh don't know about the fiat since I'm literally on the guy I'm talking to for you to come in hacking and be shocked about it and can't react.
Last edited June 14, 2016 7:17 pm
Jun 14, 2016 7:21 pm
Sure. If we were at a face to face table we probably would have rolled initiative.
Jun 14, 2016 7:23 pm
Friar_Tuk says:
I just had a flash moment of panic. Falryx is planning on combining these Star Wars games. What if I end up having to RP Lin and Urik together on a mission? Dear god what have I done...
Oh jesus I just realized that Mal and Mala might meet... and they have similar names... at least now they can commiserate about completly insane crew members
Jun 14, 2016 7:27 pm
Remnent: I thought of a resolution we could do if you're game. We could roll initiative here in OOC. If you win, we retcon and delete subsequent posts. If I win, Urik caught Heyop off guard and the current narrative stands. Would you be amenable to that if Falryx is?
Jun 14, 2016 7:30 pm
@ Friar_Tuk Not really. But I'll see where I can interrupt after Falryx makes a call on things. We'll figure something out.
Jun 14, 2016 7:43 pm
I hope it plays out as is. This is a hella interesting outcome to all of this. It will also create a whole new level of character interaction and distrust. All for some chaos and turbulence, and not just because it falls in line with my character traits.
Jun 14, 2016 7:50 pm
For the record, this was not one of my patented jack moves. This was a considered action from a player perspective. Urik is hurt, real bad. Ironarm is the one who did it. If he could have, Urik would have dragged Ironarm onto the ship with them, but he got chased away.

Hate/Compassion is Urik's Morality. Right now, the narrative has presented a target of hate, but not much in the way of targets for compassion. Urik is enraged; he was almost killed by this guy! And from his perspective, he has no idea why! He doesn't really know much about the Empire and certainly doesn't know about the Jedi purges or Order 66. All he knows is that these troopers in white suits, and this one-armed trooper in particular, tried to kill him. The chopping of an arm was a move of frustration and a symbolic move mirroring Ironarm's cybernetic limb.

In short, this was not a reasonable action on Urik's part. Not at all. But from my perspective as a player, it was a reasoned action that I made because it fit the character and narrative, with full knowledge and expectation of consequences. Not just to cause chaos. This was not a "random" act.
Jun 14, 2016 7:56 pm
Oh, I'm aware. I think in Dagger's head just before he shot Urik he thought, Typical, Urik. He's already seen Urik go into a rage like this. And I doubt he was under any thought that it would never happen again now that the trials have happened. It's the same reason Dagger decided to skirt the sand dune without the rest of the group. Recklessness is in his nature. He too can try to curb it with the new teachings, but we are far from master Jedi and I doubt we will have the same control that they would.
Jun 14, 2016 8:25 pm
Ok. Officially I have to warn you that such an action will create conflict in your character. Harming a character who is helpless is really bad dark side mojo. Your character is basically guaranteed to head towards the dark side as a result. This qualifies as 'torture' (10 conflict). Add to that the 'coercion and threatening with violence' that I should be dinging you for and you're looking at 12-14 conflict. On a bad roll this can get you SUPER close to the dark side (to be fair, on a good roll, the impact is negligible).

So before I can resolve Urik's action the first thing I need is whether or not he wants to risk the conflict.

The /second/ item is -- due to Heyop's speed and agility (and his quick draw incidental), I might be inclined to let him choose to try to block the strike if he wants.

I'm okay retconning posts if we need to -- we're in PbP and some of that will, by definition have a life of its own that needs to get interrupted by game mechanics from time to time.

So I think question #1 is - does Friar_Tuk want the conflict? You'll get it regardless of whether or not Heyop blocks you. The only way you don't get the conflict is if you don't take the action.

If that's 'no' then we'll retcon. :) If that's 'yes' - the second question goes to Remnant - does he want to try and intervene? If so -- I'll need to figure out a reasonable test.
Jun 14, 2016 8:27 pm
As long as I still get to shoot Urik I'm cool. :)
Jun 14, 2016 8:30 pm
Friar_Tuk does not want the the conflict. But Urik will keep the action. Like I said, he's not in a reasonable frame of mind. His regret over this incident will color his character growth. But I won't make a metagame Retcon to avoid a mechanical penalty.
Jun 14, 2016 8:35 pm
I'll likely intervene then. Let me know when I should post.

Remnant sent a note to falryx
Jun 14, 2016 8:37 pm
note that PbP sorta requires a metagame retcon in order for me to do my job as a GM with respect to Conflict. CRB page 51 "However, the GM should always inform players if their charactersa re about to perform an action that would cause them to earn conflict."

Given PbP, I can't really do that if you guys do the reasonable thing and inject die rolls into the posts to keep things running smoothly. Especially if you post that kinda stuff while I'm out at lunch. :)
Jun 14, 2016 8:38 pm
...anyway, as a result let me know if you want to avoid the action. :)
Jun 14, 2016 8:42 pm
I'll stick with it. It was a considered action. I knew I'd take some conflict for it (didn't realize how much though). Urik is currently conflicted, so it fits narratively. I'm fine with retconning the action if Heyop can interrupt. Just the attempt is bad enough.
Jun 14, 2016 8:44 pm
Friar_Tuk says:
Friar_Tuk does not want the the conflict. But Urik will keep the action. Like I said, he's not in a reasonable frame of mind. His regret over this incident will color his character growth. But I won't make a metagame Retcon to avoid a mechanical penalty.
Remnant says:
I'll likely intervene then. Let me know when I should post.
It looks like we figured out what we'd like to do.
Jun 14, 2016 8:46 pm
This is intense! I've got butterflies!

I can't wait to see how this pans out!
Jun 14, 2016 8:47 pm
So now if Urik does end up cutting off the guy's arm...can I still shoot him. :)
Jun 14, 2016 8:47 pm
sweet, you go to sever an arm, heyop goes in for the block, saber lock!
Jun 14, 2016 8:49 pm
Oh yeah how was your lunch Falryx?
Jun 14, 2016 8:50 pm
LMAO!
Jun 14, 2016 10:32 pm
Lunch was good. Thanks. Soup dumplings.

If I read Heyop's talents right -- I think quick draw lets him get in and his quick strike will give him 2 boost.

I think the roll is Heyops AGI vs. Urik's BRA. So: GGGPPPBlueBlue -- I don't think either of you have ranks in lightsaber.
Jun 14, 2016 10:32 pm
Warning - about to hit the airport and hop on a plane, so if this bleed into the next day or two, it's due to work travel...
Jun 14, 2016 10:41 pm
I have 1 Rank in Light Saber but I forgot I haven't taken the talent yet that converts light saber to an Agi based skill so it's still Bra based. I think Urik does have ranks since it looks like he's been rolling yellow die for light sabers I thought 2 ranks.
Jun 14, 2016 11:29 pm
Hrm. I didn't see it in your sheets?
Jun 14, 2016 11:47 pm
Urik has 2 ranks in light saber.
Jun 15, 2016 12:18 am
On the GP version it's on the bottom of mine on the skill list.
Jun 15, 2016 12:19 am
Same. Not alphabetical unless you set it up that way from go.
Jun 15, 2016 2:51 am
Fair enough - let's stick with BRA vs. AGI versus skill at this point. I think that's a more accurate representation of what you're doing versus a test re: skill.
Jun 15, 2016 2:54 am
so are you going to delete all the posts previous then, fal? Wouldn't make sense for mal to respond if he can't hear anything from the cockpit
Jun 15, 2016 2:57 am
yah. I'll do thread clean-up once the roll is fully resolved.
Jun 16, 2016 3:26 am
tidying up. sorry it's taking awhile. plane wifi is pretty cruddy -- and did warn you guys I was out of pocket today. :)
Jun 21, 2016 2:15 am
Checking in on this one -- Remnant are there further details you'd like to extract from KP-299? I don't want to narrate you guys to your target until you've had the time you want to get what you want (or try to).

Additionally -- anyone need narrative space around Urik before we land somewhere?
Jun 21, 2016 3:47 am
Urik needs a little prior to landing. If you want to narrate us to dropping out of hyperspace, or if we just jump there, I can post Urik's actions.
Jun 21, 2016 10:14 am
I'm on guard duty I guess.
Jun 22, 2016 7:58 pm
so tempted to pull a crew of the mynock

"we're going in hot!"
"why? we don't need to!"
"I don't know any other way!"
Jun 22, 2016 8:01 pm
*Makes racy comment about being similar to Lin*
Jun 22, 2016 8:18 pm
This game is getting...spicy. I love it.
Jun 22, 2016 8:26 pm
I feel like Red from the 70s Show...
Jun 22, 2016 8:29 pm
Remnant says:
Urik, stop being a dumbass. The Empire is evil.

Dumbass.
Jun 22, 2016 8:50 pm
Friar_Tuk says:
Remnant says:
Urik, stop being a dumbass. The Empire is evil.

Dumbass.
you don't need the Force, you need a swift kick in the ass!
Jun 22, 2016 8:51 pm
Force Feels. Aka guilt kick to the junk.
Jun 22, 2016 8:54 pm
I feel like Urik and Heyop are both mic droppers. But like one will drop the mic, and the other returns in kind, dropping his own mic, and then the other scrambles to pick up his mic so he can drop it again. :)
Jun 22, 2016 8:54 pm
Dagger is just a comment sniper. Swooping in to throw out a snide sarcastic remark and then swooping out again.
Jun 22, 2016 8:57 pm
Thanks for rolling with that scene all. It was some needed character development for Urik. Turned into a good scene too :)
Jun 22, 2016 8:59 pm
Just wait till we meet Dagger's ex and she has a 3 yo kid... you left here three years ago...
Jun 22, 2016 9:04 pm
Friar_Tuk says:
Thanks for rolling with that scene all. It was some needed character development for Urik. Turned into a good scene too :)
No worries bub.
Jun 22, 2016 9:15 pm
Dagger can't be no dad.
Jun 22, 2016 9:33 pm
No Self Jedi'ing you're not the Dad!
Jun 23, 2016 6:14 pm
...when the OOC thread has this much movement, it makes me worried about what's in the game thread...
Jun 23, 2016 6:16 pm
DRAMA! I linked this game to Keleth on Twitter. He read over the action and RTed it with commentary about the awesome RP opportunities PbP can provide. I'm really proud of how we all went through this leg of the adventure! It was really fun!
Jun 23, 2016 6:26 pm
PhantomNimbus is trying to have Dagger 'Force Duck out of Child Support'... why are Jedi such bad fathers? T_T

Jun 23, 2016 6:28 pm
Remnant says:
PhantomNimbus is trying to have Dagger 'Force Duck out of Child Support'... why are Jedi such bad fathers? T_T
There is no child, there is only the support.
There is no death, there is the force.
Jun 29, 2016 7:47 pm
fyi I'll be on 'vacation' out of state starting the 1st going through to the 10th of July. I'll likely have time if I have service to at least keep up on reading threads if they progress but I make no promises on daily postings.
Jun 29, 2016 8:29 pm
Understood and thanks for the heads up. Have fun out there and if there's a need for you to do something, I'll puppet you.
Jun 29, 2016 8:30 pm
make sure you have a few drinks first before he slides his hand up there...
Jun 29, 2016 9:45 pm
darthoingoboingo says:
make sure you have a few drinks first before he slides his hand up there...
I think I'm in the wrong game...
Jun 30, 2016 12:01 am
....perhaps I'll use the verb 'marionette' in the future. :)
Jul 4, 2016 7:22 pm
Sorry for the delay folks -- between the 4th and work, it's been a little insane. Will try and spend some time today before I have to jet for fireworks to get back up to speed with everything.
Jul 6, 2016 1:13 am
Hey all, I'm glad to see I'm not the only one holding up the action!

I also would like to let you know that my circumstances have changed for the foreseeable future: I will not be able to post in any significant way during the day any more. Corporate IT is cracking down on certain types of web traffic, and Gamersplane is flagged as a "games" site. I can work around it, but it requires me to log in off domain. So just won't be able to post as frequently as I'm used to.

Expect me to become a late evening/early morning poster. Only about one or two posts a day max.
Jul 6, 2016 3:33 am
Understood! Glad we aren't losing you, and it's a-ok if you're occasional. szemely is evening only, as well.
Jul 15, 2016 1:54 pm
Very sorry all, but I need to bow out of my PbP games for the foreseeable future. I am no longer able to post easily during the day, and I have too much going on in the evenings. My posts have been sporadic, and I feel its time for me to call it rather than drag things out.

I hope to be able to return to at least some games in the future.

I apologize to all the GMs and players I am in games with. I've really enjoyed gaming with all of you! I especially apologize for messing up the narrative of the games I am a player in. I hate to do it, but real life circumstances have forced my hand.

Have fun everyone! I'll really miss posting here!
Jul 15, 2016 7:52 pm
No worries, @Friar_Tuk - it's sad to lose yah, but I understand the need to pull back. Hopefully you can pull out of all but a few so you don't completely disappear. Much like Kaveri, we'll throw Urik into the stable so you can return with/to him in the future!
Jul 15, 2016 9:39 pm
hmm.. well I was going to have urik pose as my son if I needed to lie some more. you going to NPC him for a scene?
Jul 15, 2016 9:56 pm
can do.
Jul 15, 2016 10:04 pm
@PN: did I miss anything in the cantina from you? or are you just kinda coasting 'til next scene?
Jul 18, 2016 2:51 pm
I think I will coast to the next scene. I'm trying to think if there is anything else I want to ask the bartender, but I think he already gave me some knowledge I needed. I'll enjoy the meal and thank him politely.

Not planning on making a scene.
Jul 18, 2016 3:07 pm
Okee dokee.
Jul 18, 2016 3:09 pm
I think it also makes sense I'm not around to see the current scene unfolding. I would imagine it took some time for me to find a place to go and get the info.
Jul 18, 2016 4:52 pm
ack -- I was happy to try and get you into trouble in the cantina, for some definition of 'trouble' if you wanted. but if you'd rather eat your meal in peace, I can accommodate. :)
Jul 28, 2016 4:42 pm
Just checking in -- I know Remnant is around and darth is. Szemely are you afoot? I know Phantom is incognito at a con and Urik has fled the coop.
Jul 28, 2016 5:33 pm
I'm around till Friday, MountainFest started (Insert Harley Sound Effects and Whoo hooing here). Gen Con starts next week so I'll be out startin Wednesday, Darth is on vacation starting next week, Phantom is pre Gen Con prepping to run demos plus little one. Szemely you got this don't get us killed by Sith!
Jul 28, 2016 5:41 pm
...and I'm on vacation 8/21 - 8/26 in Hawaii. So we may be in SLO MO 'til September. I'm cool with that. Does that give anyone angst/worry?
Jul 29, 2016 3:19 pm
Just a heads up, between a Biker festival in the area a Fleetwood mac cover band this weekend coming to town (No idea who Fleetwood Mac is really but I love my wife so I might end up taking her) and Gen Con next week I'm going to call it I'll be spotty or not posting until after August 9th. Yes this is a blanket statement for all the games I'm in.
Jul 29, 2016 7:28 pm
Thanks for the heads up. And no worries. :)
Jul 30, 2016 6:37 pm
and I posted in absences, but I'm out next week
Aug 8, 2016 2:25 pm
I'm back and sore AF. Holding coffee mug with other arm. -_-
Aug 8, 2016 3:39 pm
hey man, what happens at gencon, stays at gencon
Aug 8, 2016 4:38 pm
Ligaments in my forearm from carrying the previous swag and cargo of Gen Con Spoils. Once feels better I figure I need to buy a mug I can put weights on for next year.
Aug 10, 2016 2:27 pm
I'm on a business trip 'til Friday evening -- so things may be slow (1ce a day) as I accommodate. More likely to be early in the morning for me to post than in the evenings, but we'll see. Will try and use the weekend to tidy up / catch up if I fall behind.
Aug 13, 2016 10:01 pm
Szemely/Csillag - you've been a little quiet lately -- still with us?
Aug 14, 2016 12:08 am
Yep, Csillag was just hanging in the ship, quietly questioning some of the decisions she's made in her life up to this point. I really haven't had anything to add while in the ship - let's assume she was figuring out how to spend some of that XP she's been hoarding.
Aug 15, 2016 7:15 pm
Hey, I'm back everyone. Sorry for the delay I've been working on catching up on all my games at once. The wrap up so far sounds good. I think Dagger for once just wanted a nice time on a planet and decided to not exacerbate the problems everyone's been facing. He can't wait to get back to the temple because it's easier to feel at peace for him there.
Aug 16, 2016 5:54 am
I don't really have anything important I want to do until we get planetside again. if anyone wants to engage me in conversation, I'll cooperate. Mal is trying to avoid discussions about his past at the moment
Aug 16, 2016 1:09 pm
Uh...
Aug 16, 2016 3:03 pm
Didn't see a July XP awarding, would there be one for August?
Aug 16, 2016 7:26 pm
Thanks for the reminder! Meant to post it but got lost in gencon slowness. Will sort that out.
Aug 18, 2016 3:48 am
Traveling on work tomorrow. Next update from me may be Friday am.
Aug 21, 2016 5:24 am
Hey there -- had a couple busy days getting ready to fly to Hawaii for some vacation. I'm on holiday from 8/21 - 8/26. That said, I will have my iPad with me, so you probably will get some updates, just at weirder times since I'll be living 3 hours in the past.
Aug 30, 2016 11:14 pm
Mal approaches the students...

https://cf.geekdo-images.com/images/pic3158527.jpg
Aug 30, 2016 11:15 pm
oh come on, he's not that out of touch...
Aug 31, 2016 12:10 am
Sezemly, that was the exact thing I was thinking of. Big 30 Rock fan.
Last edited August 31, 2016 12:10 am
Sep 7, 2016 2:31 am
Sorry for the delay.. Labor Day 3-day weekend meant more goofing off and less paying attention to GP.
Sep 19, 2016 5:48 pm
Heads up -- got a heavy travel schedule for a couple weeks:

This week: Today and Wednesday (low to no posting these days).
Next week: Tuesday - Thursday (low to no posting)

Apologies for slow progress during these times.
Sep 26, 2016 7:45 pm
Reminder- Traveling Tue - Thu of this week. tue / wed are all day meetings + dinner with colleagues. very low chance of posting. Thu is meetings, field day and plane travel, so.. ditto. :)

sorry for the delay. I /might/ post, but don't bet on it.
Oct 3, 2016 7:55 pm
Remnant says:
OOC:
I always thought we could take a moment and recoup strain after fights with a check of some sort but we rarely have a moment to rest. XD
You can -- but imagine you're unconscious due to strain. How does someone 'heal' your strain to get you back into things? I don't think there's an explicit mechanic for that...
Oct 3, 2016 8:01 pm
Slaps to the face?
Oct 4, 2016 11:47 pm
I'm sure Darth and Remnant have already picked this up (since they're in my other game); but we've hit a point where my two campaigns are overlapping. As a result, there may be a little bit of herky-jerky or lag as we get structured time aligned and I post what's going on back and forth.

I think both games are public, so I'll provide a link after the threads diverge again so you can see what it was like from /their/ point of view. But for now I'll be relying on Darth and Remnant to avoid breaking the 4th wall and goin' all meta. :)
Oct 4, 2016 11:54 pm
"There is no meta here... this isn't the OoC Thread you want."
Oct 7, 2016 8:36 pm
Don't know who these crazy characters are but I think Dagger is on the wrong end of this fight.
Oct 7, 2016 8:40 pm
I think if we ever collapsed the two campaigns, Dagger would definitely be a good fit with the Green Mamba (note that we can choose to collapse them if we like -- mostly that impacts Remnant and Darth, as they have characters in both, so they'd have to pick a preferred character to play through).

It's not my intent to collapse them, but then -- y'all are the players. I'll roll with it. :)
Oct 17, 2016 6:12 pm
On a plane to Washington, DC at the moment. Depending on in-flight wifi I may get some stuff posted. I'm in the office all day tomorrow, then fly to CA tomorrow night, then in meetings most of Wed and fly home. Short version -- it could be thu/fri before there's an update depending on wifi workload and my travel-fatigue.
Oct 17, 2016 6:20 pm
Have fun! No worries on the delay. Heyop gets his glasses and squints, *where's the search button*....
Oct 21, 2016 1:44 am
Ok. I'm back. Just got 4 shots for my India trip next month, so may not type a bunch tonight. But I've got the day off tomorrow (Civ 6!) and will be getting updates in before the weekend. Thanks for your patience.
Oct 21, 2016 2:27 pm
Man... too bad you don't play Pokémon Go... Also have fun! Not getting shots they always freaks me out to see. But at least the shots aren't oil based!
Oct 26, 2016 2:03 pm
Falryx. You were right. I was trying to figure out how I didn't need to make the agility roll, not realizing the whole time that I only need to do the Enhance Power Check, which is nothing more than the force dice. I need more coffee this morning.

The one thing I'm trying to figure out. How do we raise our Force Rating?
Oct 26, 2016 2:08 pm
You can buy Force rating enhancements as a talent deep in the non-combat trees. Usually it's about 100-125 XP to get there. In Dagger's case, that'd be in his Shadow tree. Looking at your talents the fastest way there would be:

Street Smarts (5), Mental Fortress (10), Dodge (15), Codebreaker (20), Anatomy Lessons (25) and then Force Rating (25). A cool 100 XP.
Oct 26, 2016 2:10 pm
Yuck. I just looked through the trees to see if there was anything closer. Nope. :)

At least I carved out a good portion of the Enchance Skill tree. I'm all out of spendable XP now though.
Oct 26, 2016 2:45 pm
That's why I took my addon specialization, it's low on Dedication at the bottom of tree but it's got a bit more force than most. Hopefully it makes Heyop a little more Force Friendly.
Oct 26, 2016 6:02 pm
crap, I forgot to add my lightsaber to weapons. will do that when I have a chance. and I need to get some damn strain back
Oct 26, 2016 6:11 pm
Just be glad Lin isn't hear. Vigilance check to notice driver is nude from the waist down for some reason.
Oct 26, 2016 11:00 pm
You can stimpack as an action if you've got one. Otherwise Csillag might be able to help, or try and roll some advantage. ;)
Oct 26, 2016 11:50 pm
then you know you need to saber the half naked guy driving the speeder. you never know what they're up to
Oct 28, 2016 7:25 pm
Heyop? What do you mean "you people"?
Oct 28, 2016 7:29 pm
"I didn't say 'you people' and you know everyone gets nervous when you pick up random things and say you have an 'idea'..."
Oct 28, 2016 7:30 pm
"True, true. Hey, hand me that spanner real quick..."
Oct 28, 2016 7:38 pm
"Nope last time you ended up 'melting' one. Credits don't grow on trees Dagger"
Oct 28, 2016 8:26 pm
Oh, you're no fun.
Oct 31, 2016 2:50 pm
"I get that a lot."
Nov 1, 2016 2:19 pm
Sorry for any slowness, busy weekend of Halloween parties and then yesterday was the real deal. I can now stop dressing up in costume and whatnot. :). Back to our regularly scheduled programming.
Nov 1, 2016 5:18 pm
Well at least I didn't hit Mal in the back... XD.
Nov 1, 2016 5:20 pm
yeah, bunch of damned cowards.. knocking out the medic...
Nov 1, 2016 5:38 pm
"It was on stun. You know the drill, hit the medic and the coms guy and suprressive fire until you can get the HW into place or artillery support. Oh wait do you? You're a pilot."
Nov 5, 2016 8:04 pm
Heads up - on a plane this evening to India for a week. Uncertain of connectivity/capabilities. Won't be taking any physical CRBs with me so if we get into an odd state I can't resolve with my digital stuff, we'll hafta wait 'til I get back.
Nov 22, 2016 2:55 am
Hrm. Been waiting on Dagger (who had a busy week). I might give him another day or so, then roll with it. Any suggestions on something suitably impulsive for him to do?
Nov 22, 2016 1:50 pm
Steal the Cube? Oh wait... 80's reference.

Gleam the Cube on a random piece of board/shrapnel.
Nov 28, 2016 9:47 pm
Just a heads up I'll be in NJ/NY from the 1-4th. If you're in my other games you'll see a similar post.
Dec 6, 2016 3:24 pm
Sorry guys, I'm going to have to take a GP hiatus. More info here: http://gamersplane.com/forums/thread/1260/?p=162293#p162293
Dec 6, 2016 6:05 pm
Understood! Sad, but suspected this when you didn't come back as quickly as you'd hoped.

ALL I've pulled together a 'game' to have an OOC thread for all players to interact between these two campaigns. With Phantom's departure, it may make more sense for us to think about whether we'd like to combine these threads at all or if we prefer to retain separate stories, etc.
Dec 6, 2016 11:28 pm
Quick additional heads up:

Tue 12/13 - Fri 12/16 - work travel to CA and CO. Uncertain how active I'll be.
Sat 12/17 - Uh. Rogue One. Duh.
Sun 12/18 - Sat 12/24 - skiing Sun Valley
Sun 12/25 - Christmas

So.. basically scarce between 12/13 - 12/25. If things slow down or stop during this time, that's why. I'll be back and raring to go on 12/26 however.
Dec 7, 2016 3:44 am
Szemely -- do you have any particular opinions about whether to merge games or not (if so - please join us in the other game forum I invited you to. :))
Dec 13, 2016 7:47 pm
Heads up - concocted the plague on Friday -- and now in my business travel time. TBD on how/whether I can get some updates in before the weekend. If not, I'll definitely be updating on 12/26.
Dec 29, 2016 3:49 pm
I've added players Abelsbrother and Tsavo to the game through invites (both have requested joining in the game) to flesh things out after the departures of Urik, Kaveri and soon-to-be-Dagger.

As a housekeeping note, I've removed the players Spaceseeker19 (Kaveri) and Friar_Tuk (Urik) from the game. Spaceseeker has been idle for ~8 months. Tuk was active a couple weeks ago, so I sent him a PM to let him know he's welcome back if he's interested in being back.

But this made it so I had room to add 2 more players without going above the 6 we have (and should give us ~5 active players which is a good #).
Jan 19, 2017 6:42 pm
Heavy business travel at the moment. Updates as I can do.
Jan 19, 2017 6:47 pm
No worries. I just figured the 3T gave you a moment to put your fingertips together and pull a Mr. Burns.
Jan 21, 2017 3:50 pm
Tsavo and Abelsbrother -- can you confirm y'all are present? I'll start adding you to posts.
Jan 21, 2017 4:01 pm
Warning: business travel Sunday through Friday. I won't have access to GP during the day as I'm in 5 days of all day meetings (or on a plane). But I may have some night-time slots. Sorry for the slow down, but alas, this is why I PbP. :)
Jan 21, 2017 7:20 pm
I'm present.

I'm going out to dinner tonight, but I'll be able to post after. And, of course, most days going forward.
Last edited January 21, 2017 7:23 pm
Jan 23, 2017 5:45 am
I'm present. Sorry, I sent you a bunch of PMs. Going to PM you some more stuff sometime tomorrow (hopefully) tying in my character and Tsavo. Please edit as you see fit, still just a poor newbie here, but though I might be able to save you some work since revising is a lot quicker than writing from scratch.
Jan 24, 2017 2:27 am
Thanks -- saw it. Since Tsavo didn't feel like there was an obvious hook, we'll have him bump into our crew in Reles. You will wind up knowing Hethan Romund -- a scholar of the Force -- from some past interaction. You have received some indication that she needed help and decided that perhaps if you could help her, she could help you...

And you will find yourself in Reles as well...
Jan 25, 2017 1:06 am
Just saw your post. Understood. I updated my character profile to reflect which planet he's on.
Last edited January 25, 2017 2:30 am
Jan 26, 2017 4:08 am
Thank you for letting me into this game. I'm fascinated by the way things play out. The rules seem pretty insanely complicated to me. Of course, the only system I had much experience with was D&D 3.5 and that was years ago.
Last edited January 26, 2017 4:10 am
Jan 26, 2017 6:26 am
This is the best way to learn
Jan 27, 2017 12:12 am
Alright, quick question here. In the adventure, Mal took cover and started firing with his carbine. From reading through the rulebook, any ranged attacks made against you now have to add 1 setback die to their attack rolls. Is that correct or does cover give you some additional benefits, like bracing your carbine on the ground steadies your aim and gives you a bonus to your ranged attacks, unless the enemy is in cover as well?
Jan 27, 2017 1:17 am
No -- just the setback die applies as a result. Should he choose to use a manuever to aim, he can get a boost die from that.
Jan 27, 2017 8:30 am
Ah, thank you.
Feb 2, 2017 7:04 am
OOC:
Got home, took a nap for 30 minutes (slept through alarm and it turned into 5 hours) woke up, rushed to forums to see what I missed.... No game. Phew!
Feb 2, 2017 7:43 pm
I had a busy day yesterday -- didn't get home from work-related stuff 'til ~9pm, so.. :)
Feb 3, 2017 12:57 am
No worries. I would have missed it, and felt terrible about it :)
Feb 18, 2017 2:24 pm
Hey folks - I'm off from today to Friday 2/24 skiing in Oregon. As a result posts may be slow or non-existent depending on family time.
Feb 18, 2017 2:50 pm
Went to see George Clinton last night. I'm back and posting now.
Feb 18, 2017 4:34 pm
Falryx, that sounds like an awesome time. As far as I'm concerned, forget posting until you get back. Yeah, of course I want to play but family is way more important, just go have fun man.
Feb 18, 2017 5:08 pm
George Clinton... That's Bill Clinton's cousin, isn't it? Is it true that he changed his style of music from Rock n Roll to the Blues recently?
Feb 19, 2017 7:15 pm
P-Funk!
Feb 19, 2017 10:16 pm
I know :) Waaay Old School.
Feb 25, 2017 12:31 am
Wrapping up some character sheet stuff then I'll get it moving again. :) Sorry for the delay.
Feb 27, 2017 7:26 pm
Hey folks -- Urik is showing signs of life. Any concerns with throwing him back into the fray?
Feb 27, 2017 7:39 pm
No problems but if he goes all Butcher of the Lost Temple on someone, Heyop bought a new belt so...
Mar 2, 2017 2:49 am
Urik has been working on his anger issues. A lot of yoga and meditation. Scream therapy in the wilderness. All that good stuff.

Hi everyone, happy to be back in!
Mar 2, 2017 11:14 am
Hi. Nice to meet you.
Mar 9, 2017 3:18 am
Sorry for the delay - work travel monday + tuesday (plus no wifi in the hotel) and I caught the plague AND work has at least 3 crises going on at the moment. I'd like to get an update tonight, but I'm going to glug some nyquil and hit the sack instead. fingers crossed for tomorrow.

Worst case scenario I'll be back among the living on Monday (i'm crash coursing to get well because I'm skiing Sun Valley Saturday and Sunday unless I'm throwing up or have lost a limb).
Mar 9, 2017 11:07 am
Take your time. Get better. Work is gong show for me too right now.
Mar 10, 2017 3:40 pm
I had second thoughts on my last post and removed it. I'll wait until I hear everyone else's reactions before I have Urik go. He just stepped into this crazy situation and has not seen or met the Jailer yet.
Mar 13, 2017 7:22 pm
Huh, looks like Tsavo quit the game... anyone know if he's still on the site?
Mar 14, 2017 2:05 am
Got a PM from him -- he apologized but had to bow out due to work becoming insane.
Mar 20, 2017 10:51 pm
All: work travel this week. all day meetings Tuesday and Thursday and a BUNCH of meetings Wednesday. So potential update days are Wednesday and Friday for me this week, sorry for the slow down.
Mar 24, 2017 6:14 pm
Had to share this. From an interview with Mean Joe Greene when a reporter asked him if he'd ever been scared of anyone on the football field.
"Probably my biggest example of being intimidated was a ball game we played in 1972, we played the Oakland Raiders and Bob Brown was the right offensive tackle and I was the left defensive tackle — I played one player removed from him. L.C. Greenwood lined up opposite Bob Brown."

Greene recalled that Greenwood, his longtime teammate who was also a very tough player, was complaining during the game that Brown was whipping his butt. Greene, convinced that he could handle Brown one-on-one, told Greenwood to switch places with him for a play.

"I said ‘What’s happening?’ he said, ‘Oh man the guy is killing me.’ I said, ‘Let me have him. I’ll line up over him.’ And when I lined up across from Bob Brown, and I looked in that helmet, he’s a couple shades darker than me and all I could see was his eyes, just the look in that helmet, I was very fearful," Greene recalled. "When the ball was snapped, all I remember was looking through the ear hole of my helmet, one shoe was off, and the play was gone."

"When I got my senses about me, I looked at L.C. and told him ‘You got this, I'm switching back to my side.’
Mar 26, 2017 7:24 pm
darthoingoboingo says:
OOC:
since Mal has force leap as well, he would be doing the same thing. if the kid can't intimidate the crazies, mal will start swinging as he and Uril stand back to back.
All I can say to this is FUCK YEAH!

This hits on so many levels! First is the amazing cinematic shot of us running together, Urik putting on a burst of speed and Mal matching it, then Urik leaping into the crowd with Mal a half second behind, followed by the wild chaotic close shots of them disrupting the group, Urik's ultimatum and an automatic back-to-back stance, lightsabers glowing bright.

Second is how this hits on one of the most unsung (and perhaps my favorite) Star Wars trope: "Everyone cares about eachother way more than is reasonable." The last time Mal and Urik interacted Urik was the crazy kid trying to cut apart a captive, then flying into an impotent rage when stopped. Now, they stand back to back, ready to die for eachother!

Anyway, that one got me. I'm way attached to Urik as a character, and was super excited to bring him back. Seeing his comrades have his back, when he has no right or reason to expect them to is amazing!
Apr 5, 2017 3:38 pm
well, we also had a lot of downtime for training. and it's not crazy to assume that force users can feel each other and know whether or not they're evil bastards
Apr 5, 2017 3:38 pm
hey all

I will be going on vacation for the next two weeks. I'm taking my family to the United Kingdom.

I will have access to wifi on some days, but being vacation, I don't know how much down time I'll have.

I leave the 7th, return on the 23rd.
Apr 5, 2017 4:30 pm
Have fun! I'll poke Mal along and roll badly on his behalf for you if you wind up being focused on fun with the family (as you should be!)
Apr 5, 2017 4:31 pm
...if you haven't been before and like WWII stuff - check out the Churchill War Rooms. Cool stuff. I lived in Windsor, UK for about a year and a half in 2004-2005.
Apr 8, 2017 2:19 pm
Heads up - I'm leaving this afternoon for a ski trip. Back a week from today, so most likely posting again around 4/16. I may post while away, but it's best not to bet on it. :)
Apr 25, 2017 7:23 pm
All,

Sorry I've been slow lately. I wound up tearing my ACL on my ski trip and dealing with surgeons, trying to get my flexibility back and handling the return-from-vacation workload has occupied a lot of my time. Then, come evening, I've been kind of exhausted due to the extra work to get my knee into pre-surgery state so I've been crashing early.

I'll try and pick things up -- but I've not forgotten about y'all! I'm just operating at less than 100% and so being a little vicious with my prioritization.
Apr 25, 2017 10:30 pm
No worries. Take care of yourself, we'll still be here.
Apr 26, 2017 9:29 am
Ouch, sorry to hear that Falryx. Rehabbing a torn up ACL plain sucks. No nice way of putting it. Best of luck to you.
Apr 26, 2017 10:53 pm
look on the bright side, you can say you tore it when you played for the NFL
May 3, 2017 12:19 am
Thanks all. On top of it all, work just got about 10x more stressful for the next while as we work through a pretty significant reorg.
May 4, 2017 6:34 am
Uh oh. Bad news tends to come in 3s...
May 10, 2017 9:11 pm
Well, my dog died last month, does that count? :)

All -- I'm alive. But busy with work, pre-hab and getting ready to disappear from work for 2 weeks due to surgery. Y'all are not forgotten. I'm hopeful that I'll be immobile, but have all my mental faculties after surgery, so I'll be able to catch up quickly and give y'all some movement soon. Tuesday is surgery-day, so assume I'm completely out of pocket that day.
May 11, 2017 1:37 pm
No worries man, good luck and wishes for a speedy recovery. I totally understand and the games will be here when you get back and lucid. Don't forget you tradition where you bless us for the 4th of May with a minor xp boon... May the Fourth be with you.
May 15, 2017 10:16 pm
Just saw this. Best of luck to you Falryx.
Jun 4, 2017 5:26 pm
Hey folks - apologies. I had no idea that recovery would take as much mental energy as it did -- and it wasn't even all that hard a recovery. I'm back to work now and things are normalizing, so I think I'll be back into shape here as well. I'll get things advanced today shortly.

The knee is healing well, I still have to wear a brace for another week and a half - but soon will be able to abandon that thing, which I'm looking forward to.

Sorry for the inactivity. I'll double check that we haven't lost people and pick up!
Jun 5, 2017 2:33 pm
Welcome back, no worries. I just figured you've been eating jello and been heavily medicated for a bit.
Jul 11, 2017 2:28 pm
Just a heads up I'll be out of state from the 20th to the 23rd in Chicago, IL so I'll likely won't be posting.
Jul 18, 2017 4:16 am
All -- sorry for the slower pace this summer. Unfortunately with the nicer weather here in the Pacific Northwest, we tend to spend a bunch of time outside until it's nearly dark -- which turns into "I should get to bed" pretty promptly. During the week I also am juggling knee-related rehab three days a week that eats up a couple hours, the other days I need to be on the bike -- so I'm chewing into my free time with this "exercise" crud. Net net -- the games will be a bit slower until the kids start school in September, but I'll keep the posting up!
Aug 13, 2017 3:00 pm
All:

My intent is to let this campaign pause for 4-8 weeks, picking it back up in the fall if time allows. Alternatively we can call it "done" on this one and pick it up at an indeterminate date if y'all prefer.
Aug 13, 2017 4:19 pm
With the pause I'm going to drop Csillag from the game (just to clear my active game list a bit). When things start up again just fire me off a PM and I'll jump right back on.
Aug 13, 2017 4:56 pm
Roger that!
Aug 14, 2017 1:18 pm
Works for me, I'll be out of state starting Wednesday until next week.
Sep 7, 2017 1:54 am
We still rolling on, or has this adventure reached it's noble end?
Sep 7, 2017 3:18 am
A fair question. I've got another FFG star wars game that's had some attrition -- and I think the right thing to do is:

(1) combine everyone into this one
Or
(2) combine everyone into that one
Or
(3) ditch them both

I don't have a strong preference. That one is a little more tongue-in-cheek and fun/crazy and is more EOTE driven than FAD. But I bet Marc could have fun with that crew (though we'd leave Heyop behind). I'll reach out to Szemely and see if he wants to join us over there or not.

Thoughts?
Sep 11, 2017 7:05 am
I'm good with it. Still learning and having fun.
Sep 21, 2017 4:16 am
Hey team -- I'm going to put this one on ice indefinitely. I don't have the time to keep as many games going as I should -- and since we've lost several people and some of the momentum, it makes sense for me to idle this one until I have more time. Right now I've got a couple Middle Earth campaigns running. When one or both of those wind up if people don't want to proceed I'll look to bring back a Star Wars campaign.

Of course, if I find myself with more time, I'll get something fired up again (and reach out to y'all) but for now, I think the best thing is to close up shop for a bit. I'll change the # of players down to 0 and boot our idles and let y'all close out when you're ready.

You do not have permission to post in this thread.