OOC Thread

load previous
Mar 14, 2017 2:05 am
Got a PM from him -- he apologized but had to bow out due to work becoming insane.
Mar 20, 2017 10:51 pm
All: work travel this week. all day meetings Tuesday and Thursday and a BUNCH of meetings Wednesday. So potential update days are Wednesday and Friday for me this week, sorry for the slow down.
Mar 24, 2017 6:14 pm
Had to share this. From an interview with Mean Joe Greene when a reporter asked him if he'd ever been scared of anyone on the football field.
"Probably my biggest example of being intimidated was a ball game we played in 1972, we played the Oakland Raiders and Bob Brown was the right offensive tackle and I was the left defensive tackle — I played one player removed from him. L.C. Greenwood lined up opposite Bob Brown."

Greene recalled that Greenwood, his longtime teammate who was also a very tough player, was complaining during the game that Brown was whipping his butt. Greene, convinced that he could handle Brown one-on-one, told Greenwood to switch places with him for a play.

"I said ‘What’s happening?’ he said, ‘Oh man the guy is killing me.’ I said, ‘Let me have him. I’ll line up over him.’ And when I lined up across from Bob Brown, and I looked in that helmet, he’s a couple shades darker than me and all I could see was his eyes, just the look in that helmet, I was very fearful," Greene recalled. "When the ball was snapped, all I remember was looking through the ear hole of my helmet, one shoe was off, and the play was gone."

"When I got my senses about me, I looked at L.C. and told him ‘You got this, I'm switching back to my side.’
Mar 26, 2017 7:24 pm
darthoingoboingo says:
OOC:
since Mal has force leap as well, he would be doing the same thing. if the kid can't intimidate the crazies, mal will start swinging as he and Uril stand back to back.
All I can say to this is FUCK YEAH!

This hits on so many levels! First is the amazing cinematic shot of us running together, Urik putting on a burst of speed and Mal matching it, then Urik leaping into the crowd with Mal a half second behind, followed by the wild chaotic close shots of them disrupting the group, Urik's ultimatum and an automatic back-to-back stance, lightsabers glowing bright.

Second is how this hits on one of the most unsung (and perhaps my favorite) Star Wars trope: "Everyone cares about eachother way more than is reasonable." The last time Mal and Urik interacted Urik was the crazy kid trying to cut apart a captive, then flying into an impotent rage when stopped. Now, they stand back to back, ready to die for eachother!

Anyway, that one got me. I'm way attached to Urik as a character, and was super excited to bring him back. Seeing his comrades have his back, when he has no right or reason to expect them to is amazing!
Apr 5, 2017 3:38 pm
well, we also had a lot of downtime for training. and it's not crazy to assume that force users can feel each other and know whether or not they're evil bastards
Apr 5, 2017 3:38 pm
hey all

I will be going on vacation for the next two weeks. I'm taking my family to the United Kingdom.

I will have access to wifi on some days, but being vacation, I don't know how much down time I'll have.

I leave the 7th, return on the 23rd.
Apr 5, 2017 4:30 pm
Have fun! I'll poke Mal along and roll badly on his behalf for you if you wind up being focused on fun with the family (as you should be!)
Apr 5, 2017 4:31 pm
...if you haven't been before and like WWII stuff - check out the Churchill War Rooms. Cool stuff. I lived in Windsor, UK for about a year and a half in 2004-2005.
Apr 8, 2017 2:19 pm
Heads up - I'm leaving this afternoon for a ski trip. Back a week from today, so most likely posting again around 4/16. I may post while away, but it's best not to bet on it. :)
Apr 25, 2017 7:23 pm
All,

Sorry I've been slow lately. I wound up tearing my ACL on my ski trip and dealing with surgeons, trying to get my flexibility back and handling the return-from-vacation workload has occupied a lot of my time. Then, come evening, I've been kind of exhausted due to the extra work to get my knee into pre-surgery state so I've been crashing early.

I'll try and pick things up -- but I've not forgotten about y'all! I'm just operating at less than 100% and so being a little vicious with my prioritization.
Apr 25, 2017 10:30 pm
No worries. Take care of yourself, we'll still be here.
Apr 26, 2017 9:29 am
Ouch, sorry to hear that Falryx. Rehabbing a torn up ACL plain sucks. No nice way of putting it. Best of luck to you.
Apr 26, 2017 10:53 pm
look on the bright side, you can say you tore it when you played for the NFL
May 3, 2017 12:19 am
Thanks all. On top of it all, work just got about 10x more stressful for the next while as we work through a pretty significant reorg.
May 4, 2017 6:34 am
Uh oh. Bad news tends to come in 3s...
May 10, 2017 9:11 pm
Well, my dog died last month, does that count? :)

All -- I'm alive. But busy with work, pre-hab and getting ready to disappear from work for 2 weeks due to surgery. Y'all are not forgotten. I'm hopeful that I'll be immobile, but have all my mental faculties after surgery, so I'll be able to catch up quickly and give y'all some movement soon. Tuesday is surgery-day, so assume I'm completely out of pocket that day.
May 11, 2017 1:37 pm
No worries man, good luck and wishes for a speedy recovery. I totally understand and the games will be here when you get back and lucid. Don't forget you tradition where you bless us for the 4th of May with a minor xp boon... May the Fourth be with you.
May 15, 2017 10:16 pm
Just saw this. Best of luck to you Falryx.
Jun 4, 2017 5:26 pm
Hey folks - apologies. I had no idea that recovery would take as much mental energy as it did -- and it wasn't even all that hard a recovery. I'm back to work now and things are normalizing, so I think I'll be back into shape here as well. I'll get things advanced today shortly.

The knee is healing well, I still have to wear a brace for another week and a half - but soon will be able to abandon that thing, which I'm looking forward to.

Sorry for the inactivity. I'll double check that we haven't lost people and pick up!
Jun 5, 2017 2:33 pm
Welcome back, no worries. I just figured you've been eating jello and been heavily medicated for a bit.
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.