OOC Thread

load previous
Jan 28, 2016 8:15 pm
@ Friar_Tuk No offense bud, Urik has a lot on his mind and reality has got to be heavy on his heart these past few weeks since he has time to actually feel and think for himself about everything that's happened to him.

Heyop isn't mad at Urik mind you. He's worried about him and that sword before it's cleansed and he's wondering if he almost got Dagger killed and possibly Urik being next due to trying to figure out the objective over the team's safety.

Edit: I guess write a bit long winded, in the future it would probably make more sense then to OoC: Hey I'd like to start a confrontation dialogue on something since PbP honestly still needs that back and forth so it gels.
Last edited January 28, 2016 8:18 pm
Jan 28, 2016 8:17 pm
Everyone should remember these words, "Only Dagger will get Dagger killed." That's the motto of my character.
Jan 28, 2016 8:22 pm
LOL @phantomnimbus

@Remnant: No offense taken! I love this kind of RP, its real!. All these characters are in very stressful and dangerous situations. Urik came very close to death, and he's still wracked with guilt over his family and has major trust issues after Malefax's treatment of him. I always find it kind of ridiculous how calm PCs are when faced with dangerous situations. I've loved how you play the Doctor in our Old Republic game. Feel free to initiate dialog with me any time, I'm more than happy to participate!
Jan 28, 2016 8:33 pm
@ PhantomNimbus Also Big Wolf Ghost things... don't forget big @$$ ghost wolves that nom noms Dagger in a not cure way.

@ Friar_Tuk Out of character I get Urik has a lot of stuff going on, there's the crisis of what if he does something out of muscle memory from his time with Malefax that's bad. Street Urchin keeps bugging him and Urik goes to physically choke the kid and stops himself realize what he just did without thinking. Does he tell others? Does he freak out and get drunk? In character we don't know.

Heyop yall might be able to tell is a burnt out soldier turned ranger living out in the sticks, normal people would hate the isolation. What sane social person would want something like that? Heyop is probably going to realize the PCs aren't in the military and he'll need to actually interact besides barking at everyone or being blunt.

My character in the EotE game is very different I think, I think I like that about characters though giving them each a different spin on life with a range of personalities although both have a shite past Orninoh is more of a passive aggressive gloom sayer with a lip and a "It's Go Time switch".
Jan 28, 2016 8:55 pm
Quote:

OOC:
Edit: When do we roll morality stuff? I felt this was a test for me about justice vs cruelty with the animals. D=
Good question -- let me look into that.
Jan 28, 2016 9:00 pm
I think we should for sure take a couple weeks to heal wounds and get the temple in order. There doesn't seem to be a pressing threat. Better to get ourselves up to speed.

Besides, Urik needs to chill the F out for a while...before he starts a slap fight with Heyop.
Last edited January 28, 2016 9:01 pm
Jan 28, 2016 9:03 pm
Yeah I agree. No one wants to carry Dagger... This reminds me of my Mage is a face to face group, the woman playing the female fighter grumbled since I was taking to long walking and asked if I wanted to be carried and I said yes, she added like a lady in her arms and I said yes again immediately... I then asked her to hold on a minute so I can put some pants on underneath my robes... The player facepalmed and said I hate you.
Jan 28, 2016 9:24 pm
Sounds good. We take the time to heal up.
Jan 28, 2016 9:38 pm
Heyop feels like hovering around Dagger...
Jan 29, 2016 6:30 pm
@Falryx: A question regarding the sword. Is it a cortsosis blade? Or is this something I wouldn't know at this point? Probably the latter, but I've been chewing on this sword and its eventual fate...
Jan 31, 2016 10:05 pm
I think I dubbed it a Cortosis blade (incorrectly based on the statblock in the adventure) so.. you know, it's a cortosis blade if I said so (I don't like retconning when I make a mistake that fundamental). But it's more than just a cortosis blade. Lots of real evil imbued in it.. so it's a minor artefact of the dark side. quite possibly in the hands of a true practitioner of the dark side it could be nasty.
Jan 31, 2016 10:06 pm
Hey crew -- how do you want this to play out? Do you want Dagger healed before you go? If so, I can work with Dagger offline (or do the many rolls it'd take and add up the weeks) and figure out the time there. Don't want mechanics to get in the way given it's PbP and if Dagger and Csillag don't mind me rolling a bit for them we can tie it up quickly.
Jan 31, 2016 10:09 pm
I think whatever we can do to try and fast track that time. If I should be making a roll and I'm not feel free to make it for me. Just don't want to hold up the game.

I'm a little unsure what the rules are for healing of those critical injuries and stuff.
Jan 31, 2016 10:24 pm
basically, it's a week per attempt. it's unclear of Csillag's attempts are in addition to natural healing or instead of it. Moreover, it looks like Csillag can try and heal both injuries each week. So it'd be a medical check with 1 purple and 2 purple for her.

If you guys plan on getting you healthy, i can just tee that up and count and call it X weeks depending on how I roll. :)
Jan 31, 2016 10:26 pm
As an example:

Based on these, you'd be up in a week. :)

Rolls

Csillag aids in critical recovery of easy wound

5 Success, 1 Advantage, 2 Threat

Total: 5 Success, 1 Threat

Csillag aids in critical recovery of average wound

5 Success, 1 Advantage, 2 Failure

Total: 3 Success, 1 Advantage

Jan 31, 2016 10:28 pm
I think, in terms of keeping the game moving narratively we should wait for me to recover and take the weeks. It may make our upcoming mission harder but seems to get us all to a good place to start the next arc of the story. So I say just short circuit this and call it a certain number of weeks.
Jan 31, 2016 10:29 pm
Ack. I'll read up on space travel, space combat and get phemis together. :)
Jan 31, 2016 10:32 pm
I'll probably need to review space combat too. I only glanced it briefly before.
Feb 1, 2016 2:53 pm
The tricky part about space combat in this system is all the specific maneuvers and actions. In my face to face group, we have to have multiple books open to those pages to make everything work mechanically. Too much to remember.
Feb 2, 2016 3:11 pm
What is the climate like on Phemis? I can't find any info online. I guess it's because this is the first instance where the planet has actually been referenced in the Star Wars lore, according to Wookipedia.

It would be cool if I had full detail on the planet to add to the Wookipedia entry which is currently just a stub that says the crystals can be found there.
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.