OOC Thread

load previous
May 27, 2016 2:57 pm
Technically Dodge is vs Melee or Ranged, either one. Dodge means you suffer some strain to do a Dodge Incidental out of turn. It upgrades the difficulty of the combat check for whoever is attacking you.

I just looked it up though, and in the Force and Destiny corebook it says at the end of the Parry skill that it can only be used once per hit and when the character is wielding a Lightsaber or Melee weapon. So it seems I was wrong. The short description in the skill tree was incorrect. The talent chapter has the full details.

I guess Parry is also an out of turn Incidental, it is applied after damage is calculated, but before Soak is applied. It can also only be used against Brawl, Melee, or Lightsaber combat checks.
Last edited May 27, 2016 2:57 pm
May 27, 2016 3:02 pm
...and as a result, because you were disarmed, I think the answer is 'no' on the parry.

Note 0 wounds doesn't mean "dead" it means "unconscious". Dead takes a fair amount of work for heroes in FFG.
May 27, 2016 3:05 pm
I struggled a bit with whether I wanted the guy to go after the person who was down and vulnerable or chase after Dagger or assault Heyop. In the end, re-read his NPC bio and figured him for the brutal kind, so... there we are. My guess is that ultimately, you guys will defeat this guy simply due to #s and the fact he has a bunch of incompetent minions at his beck and call.
May 27, 2016 3:09 pm
We will get you for this GM!
May 27, 2016 3:31 pm
FYI: I have no problem with getting housed by an enemy. Like I said, "If" I survive, I'm comin' at him!
May 27, 2016 3:43 pm
In his bio he's rumored to have strangled a jedi with his one remaining arm after he lost his squad and right arm. So.. I figured, if he saw some jedi-like dude winded and unlikely to respond, he'd be pretty viscous in the assault.
May 27, 2016 3:46 pm
Totally cool man. Give me your best shot!

But don't forget to add that Black for my Defensive Maneuver XD
May 27, 2016 3:49 pm
*cough* also don't forget we can flip light side points to add difficulty to their attacks *cough*
May 27, 2016 3:50 pm
DO IT I DON'T WANNA DIE!!
May 27, 2016 3:50 pm
JK, btw. Don't flip a point. I'm holding out for surviving, then flipping one so I can attack that mo-fo better.
May 27, 2016 3:52 pm
*Secret Technique: Flailing Child on Ground Avoids the Belt* Did he just flail on the ground and then do a head spin to get out of the way?
May 27, 2016 3:52 pm
To be fair the current count is 5 light side and 1 dark side. We are bereft of points right now. It wouldn't hurt to flip a few for different things.
May 27, 2016 3:53 pm
PhantomNimbus says:
To be fair the current count is 5 light side and 1 dark side. We are bereft of points right now. It wouldn't hurt to flip a few for different things.
Good call! Falryx: Officially requesting you flip a light side point and upgrade the difficulty of One-Arms attack against me!
May 27, 2016 4:01 pm
Noted!
May 30, 2016 1:05 am
huh... is this the part where we tell Mall to 'clench'?
May 30, 2016 4:42 pm
Huh. So you succeed in your deception, but with a despair.

I think the actions you've indicated, @darth doesn't control for the despair where I imagine it would. I think the short answer is that the troopers probably believe you (success) but perhaps are disinclined to help you -- or just start shooting into the closet, perhaps to "kill whatever it is."
May 30, 2016 5:03 pm
Ah. I have just the thing... just need another roll.
May 30, 2016 7:02 pm
no.. don't shoot into the closet!
May 31, 2016 12:28 am
@Tuk:
Friar_Tuk says:
falryx says:
OOC:
Urik - I think you only take 3 damage total (8 - 3 = 5 - 2 soak (due to pierce) = 3). Also on your attack, Urik, I think it's just 2 red+ 1 setback (due to your defensive stance)

Dagger - it will be done. You guys can assume that trooper is down for the count one way or the other in ongoing rounds.
OOC:
Thank you. I assumed the 8 was post soak. My roll should have been 2 Red (difficulty), 1 Purple (Critical effect) and 1 Black (Defensive stance).
Enemy only has adversary 1. So I think it'd be RP normally. Plus your critical upgrade makes it RR. Plus the setback. RRB. that said, both your purple and the black die are blank so it's a wash anyway. :)
May 31, 2016 12:37 am
Ah, you're totally right! Reading third party reference materials again.
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.