OOC Thread

load previous
Mar 1, 2016 2:45 pm
For the sake of facilitating faster roles, unless specified as more difficult I may just assume a default roll is a two-purple difficulty. Is that safe to say?
Mar 2, 2016 8:39 am
PhantomNimbus says:
For the sake of facilitating faster roles, unless specified as more difficult I may just assume a default roll is a two-purple difficulty. Is that safe to say?
Not for me to say, but if it was up to me, I'd say "yes." It's what I've been doing. My understanding (admittedly imperfect) is that standard difficulty for tasks is 2 Difficulty dice.
Mar 3, 2016 12:04 am
Yup - assume 'average' difficulty. i'll occasionally crank it up or down. I may also, as you guys progress, increase your 'average' difficulty to represent the risks you take as you get more experienced (and should subsequently have more reward on success).
Mar 3, 2016 3:21 am
Sounds good. Figured since the post altering by the GM resets the posting player I would help cut down on that. I always prefer the characters to post as themselves in the forums since it's a quick link back to the character sheet, and I mobile GM a lot.
Mar 3, 2016 4:01 am
Was that last run in with the creature considered an encounter? I would like to rest a minute in the shade of this cave to recover some strain. I'm getting pretty worn out.
Mar 3, 2016 3:41 pm
Yes. Y'all can rest if you so choose.
Mar 3, 2016 3:52 pm
A little confused by my roll result. Does it mean I recover no strain? The book says successes allow me to recover strain, but I only got advantages. But sometimes I can use advantage to recover strain. Need a DM ruling on the field.
Mar 3, 2016 4:08 pm
Urik desperately needs to recover some strain too. Is that a resilience roll?
Mar 3, 2016 4:24 pm
It's discipline, or cool. Whichever you want I think. No difficulty. Any success is a strain recovered.
Mar 3, 2016 5:22 pm
I think I may use this to help govern recovery.

https://app.box.com/s/9tlvjuachlzr0ddw4atn
Mar 3, 2016 5:29 pm
That's pretty much what the Force and Destiny book says, but it doesn't mention using advantage symbols from a recovery roll.
Mar 3, 2016 5:42 pm
yah -- it's weird to me that it doesn't mention advantage. so I'm just rolling (sic) with it and going with the norm. Had I written it, I'd have said something like: "You heal 1 strain for every success and every advantage. Threat or failure does not cause strain."
Mar 3, 2016 5:44 pm
On strain (and such) -- I'm not really keeping track anywhere of what I assign to people. :) I assume y'all are. the only downside is that if you're gone for a day or two and i do something as your character I rely on the sheet to be accurate. if you're not using that OR i should be tracking it too, please let me know. I can set up a google XLS and track it easily so I don't forget.
Mar 3, 2016 5:44 pm
Sounds like a good ruling. Thanks.

Edit: I've been updating mine regularly.
Last edited March 3, 2016 5:45 pm
Mar 3, 2016 5:56 pm
Would the droid scouts be grapefruit sized or bowling ball?
Mar 3, 2016 6:07 pm
They are probe droids like those you may have seen on Hoth. They are big and not stealthy at all.
Mar 3, 2016 6:19 pm
Right, because they fly around going, "MembenaMembenaMembena" all the time.

What idiot designed an infiltration spy probe droid that flies around talking to itself all the time?
Mar 3, 2016 6:26 pm
That's the one!

"It's a safe bet the Empire knows we're here..."
Mar 3, 2016 6:48 pm
Empire always outsources projects to the lowest bidding contractor soooo...
Mar 3, 2016 11:14 pm
I keep my sheet updated, but the Strain and Wound counts are at the bottom. I have trouble getting the appropriate boxes to edit correctly for some reason.
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.