OOC Thread

load previous
May 18, 2016 7:17 pm
I guess I can make a new character in case the player comes back...

what kind of character is needed? we're all jedi, right?
May 18, 2016 7:20 pm
We all just very recently became Jedi. We have two Humans, a Twi'Lek, and whatever Heyop is. :)
Last edited May 18, 2016 7:20 pm
May 18, 2016 7:21 pm
actually, can I get a quick rundown of what's happened so far? there's a lot of subforums..
May 18, 2016 7:23 pm
darthoingoboingo says:
actually, can I get a quick rundown of what's happened so far? there's a lot of subforums..
What if we say no? Seriously. I say build a character you want to play, work with falryx to insert you into the narrative smoothly, call it good. Bring fresh blood and a fresh perspective to the dynamic we have. Shake it up!

In other words: Killbot!
May 18, 2016 7:26 pm
Basic overview is we arrived at a temple on a cold ass planet. Our mentor sent a beacon for us there. We killed this evil dude Malefax. I stabbed him with my own knife, basically killing him in cold blood. In the process we freed Urik and he joined us. We cleansed the evil from the temple and eventually were sent out to find crystals. We arrived on this planet we are on and found our crystals and underwent our trials. We were on our way back to our ship when we found that Stormtroopers were crawling all over it.
May 18, 2016 9:14 pm
My narrative insert would be to have DOB (abbreviating) have a character who had come to the planet for a crystal as well -- perhaps he hitched a ride. His ride bailed when the Imperial heat got turned up and he (although none of this assumes a male character, female is cool) got captured by the Imperials. The Imperials have noticed the Kirtan Strider, though, and assumed he came here with "friends". So he's been drug back to the ship to tell them where his friends are and hold as a hostage against his friends... who don't know he's there.

He will wind up having a crystal, but no hilt just yet (and thus no lightsaber). Hilt parts can be found back at the Dawn Temple, so he'll be similarly equipped to the rest of you after you return to Splintir.
May 18, 2016 9:16 pm
aw, man! so I assume any of the careers or specializations from any of the books is ok?
May 18, 2016 9:17 pm
falryx says:
My narrative insert would be to have DOB (abbreviating) have a character who had come to the planet for a crystal as well -- perhaps he hitched a ride. His ride bailed when the Imperial heat got turned up and he (although none of this assumes a male character, female is cool) got captured by the Imperials. The Imperials have noticed the Kirtan Strider, though, and assumed he came here with "friends". So he's been drug back to the ship to tell them where his friends are and hold as a hostage against his friends... who don't know he's there.

He will wind up having a crystal, but no hilt just yet (and thus no lightsaber). Hilt parts can be found back at the Dawn Temple, so he'll be similarly equipped to the rest of you after you return to Splintir.
OMG, could we make use of the "thing" that I have on me that none of the others know about?
May 18, 2016 9:18 pm
So that's a plan. This allows him to have any background he wants -- and not have to explore the slave/prisoner context overmuch unless he wants.

longer term, Dagger's agility allows him to pilot the ship adequately, or we can have Kaveri turn into the NPC pilot.
May 18, 2016 9:18 pm
Note: Dagger as pilot strikes me as an immensely funny thing.
May 18, 2016 9:20 pm
falryx says:
Note: Dagger as pilot strikes me as an immensely funny thing.
Uh, that's Captain Dagger to you.
May 18, 2016 9:21 pm
So yeah, darthoingoboingo, have you seen the Warrior: Ace tree? Here, let me show you...
May 18, 2016 9:22 pm
Also, if I end up seeing this person this is going to lead to a wreckless plan from me.
May 18, 2016 9:25 pm
well... I was thinking about that. I could have flown to the planet looking for a crystal after following visions and my copilot booted me out after seeing the empire and took off, hoping my capture would distract them from pursuit.

I can play an ace pilot. I won't be the cocky, hot shot type though. I think I'll be a more quiet, intense type when I fly. hell, I'm already playing a doctor, a merchant, and a mystic in other star wars games, might as well add pilot to the pile. it looks like we have people good in a fight, too.

dagger can be my co pilot!
May 18, 2016 9:26 pm
darthoingoboingo says:
well... I was thinking about that. I could have flown to the planet looking for a crystal after following visions and my copilot booted me out after seeing the empire and took off, hoping my capture would distract them from pursuit.

I can play an ace pilot. I won't be the cocky, hot shot type though. I think I'll be a more quiet, intense type when I fly. hell, I'm already playing a doctor, a merchant, and a mystic in other star wars games, might as well add pilot to the pile. it looks like we have people good in a fight, too.

dagger can be my co pilot!
Don't worry, I'll be the wreckless cocky part of the piloting team. You be Chewbaka, I'll be Han. We all know Chewi was the real pilot.
May 18, 2016 9:28 pm
Play what sounds fun. :) we'll make it work

Everyone with a lightsaber will be competent in combat (at engaged ranges). Kaveri was the best with a ranged gun, but the others aren't slouches.
May 18, 2016 9:29 pm
darthoingoboingo says:
it looks like we have people good in a fight, too.
Csillag is really good at falling. Fighting... not so much.
May 18, 2016 9:30 pm
szemely says:
darthoingoboingo says:
it looks like we have people good in a fight, too.
Csillag is really good at falling. Fighting... not so much.
I once scared a dude into falling off a bridge...so...
May 18, 2016 9:33 pm
PhantomNimbus says:
I once scared a dude into falling off a bridge...so...
Have you seen yourself??? Could scare the skin off a potato with that mug. :-)
Last edited May 18, 2016 9:33 pm
May 18, 2016 9:33 pm
the hardest part for me in making a star wars character is what race do I want to play? what race is everyone?
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.