OOC Thread

load previous
Jun 14, 2016 7:56 pm
Oh, I'm aware. I think in Dagger's head just before he shot Urik he thought, Typical, Urik. He's already seen Urik go into a rage like this. And I doubt he was under any thought that it would never happen again now that the trials have happened. It's the same reason Dagger decided to skirt the sand dune without the rest of the group. Recklessness is in his nature. He too can try to curb it with the new teachings, but we are far from master Jedi and I doubt we will have the same control that they would.
Jun 14, 2016 8:25 pm
Ok. Officially I have to warn you that such an action will create conflict in your character. Harming a character who is helpless is really bad dark side mojo. Your character is basically guaranteed to head towards the dark side as a result. This qualifies as 'torture' (10 conflict). Add to that the 'coercion and threatening with violence' that I should be dinging you for and you're looking at 12-14 conflict. On a bad roll this can get you SUPER close to the dark side (to be fair, on a good roll, the impact is negligible).

So before I can resolve Urik's action the first thing I need is whether or not he wants to risk the conflict.

The /second/ item is -- due to Heyop's speed and agility (and his quick draw incidental), I might be inclined to let him choose to try to block the strike if he wants.

I'm okay retconning posts if we need to -- we're in PbP and some of that will, by definition have a life of its own that needs to get interrupted by game mechanics from time to time.

So I think question #1 is - does Friar_Tuk want the conflict? You'll get it regardless of whether or not Heyop blocks you. The only way you don't get the conflict is if you don't take the action.

If that's 'no' then we'll retcon. :) If that's 'yes' - the second question goes to Remnant - does he want to try and intervene? If so -- I'll need to figure out a reasonable test.
Jun 14, 2016 8:27 pm
As long as I still get to shoot Urik I'm cool. :)
Jun 14, 2016 8:30 pm
Friar_Tuk does not want the the conflict. But Urik will keep the action. Like I said, he's not in a reasonable frame of mind. His regret over this incident will color his character growth. But I won't make a metagame Retcon to avoid a mechanical penalty.
Jun 14, 2016 8:35 pm
I'll likely intervene then. Let me know when I should post.

Remnant sent a note to falryx
Jun 14, 2016 8:37 pm
note that PbP sorta requires a metagame retcon in order for me to do my job as a GM with respect to Conflict. CRB page 51 "However, the GM should always inform players if their charactersa re about to perform an action that would cause them to earn conflict."

Given PbP, I can't really do that if you guys do the reasonable thing and inject die rolls into the posts to keep things running smoothly. Especially if you post that kinda stuff while I'm out at lunch. :)
Jun 14, 2016 8:38 pm
...anyway, as a result let me know if you want to avoid the action. :)
Jun 14, 2016 8:42 pm
I'll stick with it. It was a considered action. I knew I'd take some conflict for it (didn't realize how much though). Urik is currently conflicted, so it fits narratively. I'm fine with retconning the action if Heyop can interrupt. Just the attempt is bad enough.
Jun 14, 2016 8:44 pm
Friar_Tuk says:
Friar_Tuk does not want the the conflict. But Urik will keep the action. Like I said, he's not in a reasonable frame of mind. His regret over this incident will color his character growth. But I won't make a metagame Retcon to avoid a mechanical penalty.
Remnant says:
I'll likely intervene then. Let me know when I should post.
It looks like we figured out what we'd like to do.
Jun 14, 2016 8:46 pm
This is intense! I've got butterflies!

I can't wait to see how this pans out!
Jun 14, 2016 8:47 pm
So now if Urik does end up cutting off the guy's arm...can I still shoot him. :)
Jun 14, 2016 8:47 pm
sweet, you go to sever an arm, heyop goes in for the block, saber lock!
Jun 14, 2016 8:49 pm
Oh yeah how was your lunch Falryx?
Jun 14, 2016 8:50 pm
LMAO!
Jun 14, 2016 10:32 pm
Lunch was good. Thanks. Soup dumplings.

If I read Heyop's talents right -- I think quick draw lets him get in and his quick strike will give him 2 boost.

I think the roll is Heyops AGI vs. Urik's BRA. So: GGGPPPBlueBlue -- I don't think either of you have ranks in lightsaber.
Jun 14, 2016 10:32 pm
Warning - about to hit the airport and hop on a plane, so if this bleed into the next day or two, it's due to work travel...
Jun 14, 2016 10:41 pm
I have 1 Rank in Light Saber but I forgot I haven't taken the talent yet that converts light saber to an Agi based skill so it's still Bra based. I think Urik does have ranks since it looks like he's been rolling yellow die for light sabers I thought 2 ranks.
Jun 14, 2016 11:29 pm
Hrm. I didn't see it in your sheets?
Jun 14, 2016 11:47 pm
Urik has 2 ranks in light saber.
Jun 15, 2016 12:18 am
On the GP version it's on the bottom of mine on the skill list.
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.