OOC Thread

load previous
Apr 23, 2016 7:28 pm
PhantomNimbus says:
Also I hope players aren't reading each other's trials. I'm keeping myself away so the surprise is way more fresh.
But dat *Spoilers here* was cool... I'll never look at cheese the same way again... *1000 yard stare.*.

On a side note thanks to the GM since it's been an enjoyable splitting of the party.
Apr 25, 2016 2:54 pm
as an OOC note -- some of you may be tested more than others. I'd like you each to finish your trials around the same time -- so folks who are more active and peppering posts back and forth with me are more likely to see more develop. this is not a personal judgement! this is just me trying to make sure we all move along at roughly the same cadence regardless of the time you personally can give to it.

If you feel like you want to explore the trial a bit more after I've moved you on, we can continue to keep the thread open and figure out how to let you explore that part of your character...
Apr 25, 2016 4:52 pm
No worries, some of us don't get the clues as quickly also. XD
Apr 26, 2016 2:12 am
For real guys. I've posted way less, but the GM has me questioning some serious moral dilemmas in Daggers mind. Good GMing for sure. :)
Apr 26, 2016 1:35 pm
Do guys have color preferences for your lightsabers, or do you want me to try and figure it out based on what I think canon (and "legends") imply for your character?
Apr 26, 2016 1:42 pm
I'm of a mindset Light Side = No emotion, Dark Side = All emotion.

I don't think personally you can be considered good as a Light Side Jedi without good moral fibers and compassion which is conflicting against always thinking of the greater good if you think about it and not letting your emotions 'cloud' one's judgement. In a way Light side seem to want to be Jedi Droids but Biological to me for optimum effect.

Dark Side isn't just about negative emotions although if you're going to cast for a movie it makes more sense to typeset your Villain as a Dark Side user who taps into his emotions and eats kittens alive versus being compassionate versus someone who cares and will fight for what they believe is, because they kind of look like the underdog and possibly a hero in some veins.

What color is in the in between since I figure that's where Heyop would pony up.
Apr 26, 2016 2:02 pm
I think the nuance is more "Light Side = serenity / calmness / openness / quietness" and "Dark Side = Advancement of the Self through any means, especially by harnessing emotion".

There isn't really an 'in between' color per se. Rumor on the canon says that purple (Mace Windu's color) is because he bridged the gap between the light and the dark. But purple was also exceedingly rare.

My sense for Heyop is that his natural sense of protecting others and looking after folks would tend to mean a blue saber - possibly yellow like the temple guardians. Csillag's focus on healing and perhaps more contemplative past-times would tend to mean green. Given the aggression of Dagger and Urik, I'd tend to move them towards blue as well.
Apr 26, 2016 2:08 pm
I think Dagger would land in the green area. Not only because of his Twi'lek color, but also because he thinks of himself as a defender or protector of the others. I think green is a traditional protector color.
Apr 26, 2016 2:09 pm
Ah, didn't realize blue was the protector color. I had assumed them to resemble the more definitive Jedi, while red is the more definitive sith.
Apr 26, 2016 2:13 pm
But purple would bring out the color of my eyes... I'm okay with whatever color though.
Apr 26, 2016 2:34 pm
Another way to think of blue/green is that blue is more "physical" (think of Obi-Wan) versus green being more "introspective" or scholarly (think of Qui-Gon).

If you think green makes more sense for Dagger -- that works for me. It's your dude. :)
Apr 26, 2016 3:14 pm
No, by that description blue is right. Blue it is!

Still hoping to craft a shoto. To fit the Dagger motif.
Apr 26, 2016 3:18 pm
Urik is working the emotional angle in his development. The question at the heart of Urik is: Can harnessing/feeling strong emotions be used to do good deeds, or does it inevitably lead to evil? Urik is struggling with this; his only formal training was at the hands of a Dark Side force user. He's talked to the Holocrons now, and read a bit in the Jedi temple, but he remains unconvinced.

I was wondering how much all the others would have talked to Urik about the recent history of the Jedi and the Empire. He was sheltered from most of that by an isolated upbringing. He knows almost nothing about the Empire and I'm assuming most the records in the Jedi temple and the Holocrons are old; not dealing with recent history. The more Urik learns about the Empire, the more he will hate it and want it dismantled. Also (on the flip side of his Morality) he will want to save and protect people who are oppressed by the Empire. This hasn't come up at all yet, but when/if it does, this is where he'll likely stand on it.

An interesting infografic on lightsaber colors:
https://cdn0.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/7j5T8W5C3O3l0gtV2BIuZg93JAw=/1600x0/filters:no_upscale()/cdn0.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_asset/file/3742634/lightsabers_rev.0.png
Apr 26, 2016 3:21 pm
Would other jedi make fun of be if I had gray lightsaber with white outline?
Apr 27, 2016 2:19 am
If anyone would like to custom design their lightsaber, check this out: http://www.saberparts.com/
Apr 27, 2016 3:38 am
Remnant says:
Would other jedi make fun of be if I had gray lightsaber with white outline?
Yes. Endlessly.
Apr 27, 2016 12:17 pm
Well besides Blandi the Bland Jedi.
Apr 30, 2016 2:02 pm
weekends can be kinda quiet - so i'll await next steps until either more posts show up or tomorrow.
May 3, 2016 10:34 pm
Gang:

I'm suspicious that we've lost SS19 to Real Life or other commitments. These things happen and I'd happily welcome Kaveri and him back into play. But given it's been 30 days since is ~10 day notice of inactivity on 3/23 it's probably time to segue Kaveri off-camera. My intent will be to have her remain at the Dawn Temple and oversee its restoration. This makes it easy to bring her back in should there be interest.

That said -- the question I now pose to y'all is:

Do we add a new fifth or keep it to the four of you? I'm okay with either answer.
May 3, 2016 10:37 pm
I don't think I have a preference either way.
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.