OOC Thread

load previous
May 25, 2016 5:40 pm
oooo.. 3 threat!
May 25, 2016 5:41 pm
Yeah, but at least I definitely leveled the guy. :)
May 25, 2016 5:44 pm
Yah, without a doubt.
May 26, 2016 1:11 pm
I love the difference in thinking between Heyop and Dagger. Heyop cares for the soldier inside, and Dagger takes a more Star Wars movie approach of mowing down any and all troopers in his way. He is with the "good guys" so it's all cool.

I mean hell, Luke blew up two Death Stars. Imagine how many soldiers, engineers, commanders, etc. were destroyed in that process.

He may have a higher kill count than Vader.
Last edited May 26, 2016 2:14 pm
May 26, 2016 1:54 pm
not to mention independent contractors
May 26, 2016 4:59 pm
I think, strictly speaking, Luke only destroyed one Death Star -- Lando and Wedge took the 2nd one down.
May 26, 2016 5:03 pm
Recently heard about an older EU book that contained a subplot in which Luke is talking to an author who owns the rights to his story. Luke is saying, "Hey, can you write my story and make me sound better? I mean, I am a war criminal responsible for the deaths of millions. Do you think you can make me sound a little better in a book?"

Then Luke reads the book, and gets pissed. Saying, "This is all wrong! You made me look like a hero!" then storms out of the author's office.

As he's storming out, the author says, "That's because you are."

I love the idea of Luke being tortured by all the death he's caused, all the more so because we see none of that in the films.
May 26, 2016 8:37 pm
Hey gang -- busy day at work today, so sorry for the lack of meaningful updates. If I get a little headspace I'll get an update before I head home.
May 26, 2016 8:48 pm
No worries, this is pbp post. XD
May 27, 2016 2:32 am
update posted in case you were tracking my die rolls.
May 27, 2016 1:14 pm
Heyop has flashbacks to trench warfare... *thousand yard stare*.
May 27, 2016 1:15 pm
Lol. I've realized I've now basically made a Swashbuckler of Dagger. He fights with a Rapier in one hand and a flintlock pistol in the other. Where has all the rum gone?
May 27, 2016 1:21 pm
If he doesn't die in the next round, Urik is gonna go HAM on One-Arm.
May 27, 2016 1:47 pm
@PhantomNimbus *Cough* 7th Sea *cough*

@Friar_Tuk Does your spec have access to Dodge?
May 27, 2016 2:08 pm
I backed 7th Sea 2e! Can't wait for it to arrive! Just got an email today that the CRB is scheduled to arrive this summer, before GenCon! Exciting!

I think Shii-Cho has Dodge. I have some XP to spend, would probably be good to look again.
May 27, 2016 2:11 pm
Also as far as I know you don't need a weapon to Parry. By the wording it sounds more like you just expend some extra effort to make sure whatever hits you doesn't do as much damage as it would have.
May 27, 2016 2:41 pm
To me parry seems like partial deflection using a weapon, Dodge to me seems more moving out of the way of weapon going, 'Nooo don't hit me with that it'll hurt!'
May 27, 2016 2:43 pm
True, but the language in the book just says suffer strain to reduce damage from an attack. So I would guess even if you just did it with an arm or something to deflect the blow from doing as much damage. CQC.
May 27, 2016 2:50 pm
Mechanically, I think Dodge is vs. ranged and Parry is vs. Melee. Don't have the book open in front of me though, so could be wrong.

I know from martial arts training that it is perfectly possible to deflect a weapon attack without a weapon in your hand.
May 27, 2016 2:52 pm
I was wrong. Dodge increases the difficulty of the next ranged or melee attack. Parry reduces damage of a successful attack.
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.