OOC Thread

load previous
Apr 11, 2016 10:19 pm
Sounds like a painful breakfast.
Apr 11, 2016 11:28 pm
sorry for the delay -- finally figured out how i want to handle your tests.
Apr 14, 2016 4:59 am
szemely says:
Sounds like a painful breakfast.
It's more painful later in the day.
Apr 14, 2016 5:00 am
falryx says:
sorry for the delay -- finally figured out how i want to handle your tests.
Is this where you wring your hands together and cackle maniacally?
Apr 15, 2016 1:40 am
Well, we'll see. this won't play to my strong suit as a GM, so hopefully it goes well. :)
Apr 16, 2016 2:04 pm
I've split threads as you guys handle this encounter, and will rejoin when you come back together -- I thought about doing this in the main thread, but I think it could get confusion to weave four stories (five should Kaveri return) at once...
Apr 21, 2016 2:21 pm
I'm back. Posting momentarily. Sorry for the delay! Its been crazy!
Apr 21, 2016 5:56 pm
wb - good to have you back.

i've PM'd spaceseeker -- but not reply yet. think i found him on twitter, but i'm going to wait 'til he hits a month before i poke him there.
Apr 21, 2016 7:35 pm
Whoo! Good stuff falryx. You got my blood pumping on Urik's behalf. I know it was kind of a predictable plot point, but its the right thing for Urik to have to face. Nice work.
Apr 21, 2016 7:47 pm
Let hope he doesn't mess with your head too much.
Apr 21, 2016 7:49 pm
:) I thought I should play to everyone's motivations and weaknesses -- and 'Hatred' being Uriks there was really only one place to go with that one. :)
Apr 21, 2016 7:58 pm
Oh I meant he keeps on hitting us and he thinks it's Malefax or he sees Malefax killing innocent civilian families and it's Urik when he takes off the hood.
Apr 21, 2016 8:02 pm
All I know is that Urik was deeply traumatized by Malefax. Malefax was the dark center of his world for years; Malefax murdered his entire family in front of Urik, kidnapped him, "trained" him, manipulated his emotions and kept him prisoner.

For Urik to grow, he needs to face Malefax, but Malefax is dead. This is part of why I've played Urik so quiet. He is quiet, and he's been processing years of darkness. Now the focus of all his fear, anger and hate; his own internal symbol of the Dark Side, stands before him.

Time for Urik to deal with all that, however it pans out.
Apr 21, 2016 8:14 pm
4 success AND 5 threat, Dagger? WTF? I don't even know how to handle that.. more thinking to be done. These FFG dice are a riot. :)
Apr 21, 2016 8:16 pm
falryx says:
4 success AND 5 threat, Dagger? WTF? I don't even know how to handle that.. more thinking to be done. These FFG dice are a riot. :)
Have you GMed face to face? Think about having to come up with this stuff on the fly, with a whole group staring at you, lol.

GMing an EotE group really helped me build my improv muscles.
Apr 21, 2016 8:18 pm
Only with my 8 year old -- so the bar on improv quality is pretty low.

I'm so pleased I learned this game on PbP where I can say "What?" and read a couple more passages in the CRB, poke around on the internet a little, maybe watch a little star wars for inspiration and then figure out an answer.
Apr 21, 2016 11:03 pm
I succeeded very well, but in a way that maybe led me into something more dangerous? This is Dagger you are dealing with. Do you remember I spooked a guy into falling off a bridge?
Apr 21, 2016 11:04 pm
Also I hope players aren't reading each other's trials. I'm keeping myself away so the surprise is way more fresh.
Apr 21, 2016 11:44 pm
Hopping on a plane!

If i have wireless i'll keep things rolling. thankfully i need fewer references for these things.
Apr 22, 2016 8:49 pm
I wound up reading on the plane. Updates posted.
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.