Campaign Discussion

load previous
Jan 6, 2020 2:29 pm
Valens831 says:
I don't think that I can give this game my full attention. I'm not active on this website anymore beyond this campaign. I will be backing out.
No worries, thanks for the heads up
Jan 6, 2020 10:30 pm
Hey guys, sorry I just got here. Is there a gap the group needs filled? Sounds like muscle and brains and sneakyness are covered. Maybe a Face?
Jan 7, 2020 1:04 pm
Well so far we have:

Caid, Duros, Technician/Mechanic
Ven Zarik, Human, Guardian/Protector
Qorsz Vorik, Aqualish, Hired Gun/Enforcer

A Face type would probably fit in well but if there's something else you'd rather play don't feel like you have to go that direction.
Jan 7, 2020 2:48 pm
I'll whip up a Scoundrel today.
Jan 9, 2020 1:38 pm
crazybirdman says:
I'll whip up a Scoundrel today.
Right, I've approved Silus 'Guy' Govon - just need to have their Obligation added (needs to be at least 10 points but can be up to 20 if you want the additional XP for starting with)
Jan 10, 2020 5:39 am
mcneils5 says:
just need to have their Obligation added (needs to be at least 10 points but can be up to 20 if you want the additional XP for starting with)
1) Can I have an item, instead of the XP for my obligation? If so, I'd like this beauty, and would take the Favor obligation. If not, that's cool (i see this character as 'risk averse' when it comes to fighting, preferring to remain fai, far away[unless that doesn't work narratively of course])

2) I added my characters initial spending to the notes section, but I don't know how to show my roll for the starting credits.
Jan 10, 2020 5:19 pm
crazybirdman says:
1) Can I have an item, instead of the XP for my obligation? If so, I'd like this beauty, and would take the Favor obligation. If not, that's cool (i see this character as 'risk averse' when it comes to fighting, preferring to remain fai, far away[unless that doesn't work narratively of course])
Well you can use the obligation for credits instead of XP, would be up to you what you spend it on. Taking +5 Obligation (so upping your starting amount to 15) would net you an additional 1000 credits instead of +5 XP
crazybirdman says:
2) I added my characters initial spending to the notes section, but I don't know how to show my roll for the starting credits.
Normally you would do dice rolls on posts using the Advanced button at the bottom of the screen but don’t worry about it for that.
Jan 10, 2020 11:50 pm
1) got it, i guess in my head, the favor obligation makes more sense if it's an item instead of credits. I'll just take an item under that price (and with low rarity) No big

2) got it, no dice rolls on the character page.
I'll finish up the character sheet, and will be ready for you to introduce the new peeps when you are. Thank you so much!
Jan 17, 2020 3:08 pm
Ok, looks like we're all good to go - will get things moving again over the weekend!
Feb 7, 2020 3:35 pm
Ok, things were off to a bit of a slow start but we're moving now. Will give people a bit more time (say a week or so) to get back into the game but then if you've not posted in over 2 weeks without letting me know you'll be absent (I do check the absences thread in the main forums as well) I'll be looking to cut people from the game.

I'm happy to make allowances if people need it, and I do appreciate we were a bit slow to get moving, but I can't run a game if I don't have active players
Feb 8, 2020 1:22 am
Sounds fair.
Feb 8, 2020 4:43 pm
Sounds good. I check in often, but sometimes there's just nothing for my character to do at that moment, or we are waiting for a specific characters reply.
Feb 10, 2020 2:12 pm
crazybirdman says:
Sounds good. I check in often, but sometimes there's just nothing for my character to do at that moment, or we are waiting for a specific characters reply.
No that's fine, I would hope such situations would only take a few days at most so we shouldn't generally be in a situation where weeks go by without any input from anyone. It's not a rule I've enjoyed putting into my games but I've found myself to be having extreme difficulties with keeping some games going due to lack of engagement from certain players.
Feb 12, 2020 3:14 pm
Right, I've dropped Wooville and aRePiiGee from the game due to lack of engagement and no response from them. Will try to press on as is, should be fine will just need to tweak things a touch.
Feb 17, 2020 9:26 am
Ok, been doing a lot of thinking about this and I think it's time to put this game out of it's misery. In the last nearly year I've been running this I've had 8 players drop out or just ghost the game and in reflection it's pretty much killed my appetite to run this at the moment. Sorry peeps
Feb 18, 2020 10:27 pm
That's fine no sense wasting energy on this if nothing is happening. Thanks for trying
Feb 19, 2020 4:22 am
Well poop. Thanks Mcneils for giving it a go. Appreciate the time we had with it. Not sure why this sytem wont take off. Maybe its just me though.
Feb 20, 2020 2:53 pm
DM_Apexwolf says:
Well poop. Thanks Mcneils for giving it a go. Appreciate the time we had with it. Not sure why this sytem wont take off. Maybe its just me though.
No it's not just you mate, I've been in and run several SW games on here that just seem to die. Theres a lot of interest but for some reason it seems to attract a lot of people who just drop out of sight very quickly.
Feb 21, 2020 5:02 pm
Yep. It is a weird thing. I think people are hoping it will be more fast paced amd action packed like the movies. The system seems like it'd work for PbP but never pans out.
Feb 21, 2020 5:40 pm
Agreed. It is a great system and matches the tone of the movies, but no matter what pbp is not going to seem fast paced.

You do not have permission to post in this thread.