OOC Thread

load previous
Oct 17, 2015 12:21 am
It's too late for that attitude now soldier! Lol.
Oct 17, 2015 12:23 am
Lol oh no, that's all ooc thoughts. Bray is determined.
Oct 17, 2015 10:05 pm
I think maybe good luck for the cultists combined with mages taking the initiative on the front lines :)

I'm also new to this game and there isn't really a clearly defined challenge rating for foes, so perhaps I'm being mean.
Oct 18, 2015 12:35 am
For my part, I know I'm rolling pretty badly: no stunts at all yet, and most of my 3d6 attack rolls have been low.
Oct 18, 2015 12:58 am
Oh man! Big triple ones! That's not how to get it done!
Oct 18, 2015 1:09 am
Yeah that offsets my strong opening so far. Makes sense that in such a stressful time my powers would fail me. I am still young and my control isn't always the best.
Oct 18, 2015 1:10 am
To be fair to the GM we could totally not have been in this battle I'm sure if we didn't so recklessly jump into a battle. Man, if only SOMEONE didn't go flying off the handle due to brash youth and inexperience.
Last edited October 18, 2015 1:11 am
Oct 18, 2015 8:52 am
Quote:
4 Dual Strike:Your attack is so strong it affects two targets. First, pick a secondary target. He must be adjacent to you if you are using a melee weapon or within 6 yards of your primary target if you are using a ranged weapon. Apply the test results of your attack roll to the secondary target. If you hit the secondary target, inflict your normal damage on him.
What does "If you hit the secondary target, inflict your normal damage on him" mean exactly?
Oct 18, 2015 3:06 pm
I think it just means you use the same attack roll to try and hit both, you only inflict damage on the second target if you actually hit the them. It's weirdly worded but that's what I got. Like trying to say it isn't just free damage on the second target.
Oct 18, 2015 3:10 pm
Right. If the second target had a greater defence value you might have missed him.
Oct 18, 2015 3:16 pm
But does it mean you roll damage separately for the second target, or do you use the same damage roll as for the first target?
Oct 18, 2015 3:27 pm
That's a good question. My first instinct is to just use the original damage roll as I think it is meant to be one huge attack that affects two targets.
I would be okay with giving PC's the choice however, perhaps being influenced by how they choose to describe the manoeuvre, or how good their first damage roll was, it might be a gamble to try and beat it.
Oct 18, 2015 4:01 pm
I would just use the same damage roll. Keeps things simple :-)
Oct 18, 2015 4:24 pm
Actually the way I read it is you do a normal damage roll for the other enemy. But that's just me. Sounds like errata territory. Lol.
Oct 19, 2015 4:39 pm
Just in case I confused with my leading text, Bray is up now, cultists to follow.
Oct 19, 2015 5:05 pm
Nice rolls, except for that disarm check. Crossing fingers for C2 to fail that one.
Oct 19, 2015 5:30 pm
Ah, a gruesome death. Just how I like them.
Oct 19, 2015 5:33 pm
I figured the disarm was redundant, but it fuelled the description nicely.
Also when you take the disarm stunt, there is no check required, at least as far as I can tell,you simply get to launch his weapon wherever you like. I guess it would be a good idea to carry backup weapons for that reason.
Oct 19, 2015 5:39 pm
Oh, perhaps my book is outdated. It says to make opposed attack rolls.
Oct 19, 2015 5:40 pm
Is that in the set 1 book with the stunts?
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.