Expression of Interest: New World of Darkness

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Feb 19, 2019 10:09 am
So I have been a member of the forum for a few months now and have been lucky enough to play in a few games and get one of my own going. So in an effort to give something back to my new home on the web, I would like to offer a New World of Darkness game. A little bit about myself, I was introduced to the NWoD (specifically Vampire the Masquerade) as my first RPG. This was about seven years ago and I have been playing or running them consistently in that entire time. For those that don't know what it is about, the World of Darkness is basically like looking at our world through a cracked mirror. It's a place where there are no good people and the best you can hope for are shades of grey. It is also a world where the supernatural live among the human populous and that is where the specific game lines come in. The games I would be happy to run would be the following:

Vampire the Requiem: A Modern Game of Gothic Horror
Werewolf the Forsaken: A Storytelling Game of Savage Fury
Changeling the Lost: A Game of Beautiful Madness

I do want to stress that none of these games are for children and I wouldn't recommend them for anyone that is easily triggered. The closest game I could draw a parallel to is Call of Cathulu, in that there should be nothing but hard choices. If you are interested and would like to get a better idea of the games in questions, youtube is a great place to start and this is a great trailer for Vampire the Requiem.
Feb 19, 2019 11:10 am
I am more than interested. I wanted to get into the WoD for a while now. I would prefer VtR but wouldn't mind trying WtF. Unfortunatelly, I don't have CtL book, so I don't know anything about it.
Feb 19, 2019 1:49 pm
I have had WoD, VtR, and WtF for a long time and havent really gotten to try them out. I would like a chance to do so.
Feb 19, 2019 2:36 pm
1st or 2nd Edition WoD? Although under 2nd it is now Chronicles of darkness. I just got the new Changeling book recently. Either way I might be interested.
Feb 19, 2019 7:10 pm
I'd prefer to do 2e but I'm flexible. Werewolf is more fighting the good fight, while Vampire is your shades if grey. I honestly don't mind which we do since I have a heap of experience with both.
Feb 19, 2019 7:20 pm
If we go with Vampire I'd like to try a Noir game set in the early to mid sixties with opression being a feature of the game rather than a flaw. The Werewolf would be a game focused around reclamation and renewal.
Feb 20, 2019 7:25 pm
I am more familiar with Vampire, so that would be my pick. However, I won't say no to a Werewolf. Although, I must admit that I am not very knowledgeable about the sixties.
Feb 20, 2019 7:58 pm
Same I favor Vampire but the 60's is out of my knowledge.
Feb 20, 2019 8:57 pm
Dont worry guys you wont have to be its more of a back drop. My next question is what appeals to you about VTR?
Feb 20, 2019 9:33 pm
I like that though you have a clan, you can kind of chose the social group you join in VtR. Its not just Camarilla and Sabbat like the previous edition. I find that interesting
Feb 20, 2019 9:58 pm
Do you have a preference for the social group you would like to join?
Feb 20, 2019 10:10 pm
I like the Circle of the Crone or possibly Ordo Dracul.
Feb 20, 2019 11:19 pm
Ahoy! I'm running a Mage the Awakening game so have a bit of familiarity with NWoD. Would love to be kept in the loop if a game takes off. I'm happy with any of the options, with a very slight inclination towards Changeling because it's one I've never played.
Feb 20, 2019 11:53 pm
Cosmic_Cube says:
I like the Circle of the Crone or possibly Ordo Dracul.
Both are favourites of mine.
Jovian83 says:
Ahoy! I'm running a Mage the Awakening game so have a bit of familiarity with NWoD. Would love to be kept in the loop if a game takes off. I'm happy with any of the options, with a very slight inclination towards Changeling because it's one I've never played.
Changeling is awesome and is a heavy exploration of trauma and how you cope with it but at this point I'd say we are looking at Vampire.
Feb 20, 2019 11:59 pm
If more/enough folks show up to tip the scales to a Changeling game, count me in! Always wanted to play it.
Feb 21, 2019 12:15 am
Well you would make it two vs two will me playing acting as Switzerland. If it helps I can share the CtL 2e core book with anyone thay wants it over gmail as a read only file, so you can create a character etc. I see that being the same as sharing a book at a table for PbP. So don't let the lack of a book stop you!
Feb 21, 2019 1:05 am
I would love to do some CtL 2nd. I've been playing VtR 2 for a year now.
Feb 21, 2019 1:20 am
I actually have the second edition! Thanks for the offer, though.

Still, and I hope it doesn't bum you out, but I'd like to make the character only if I know we are going to play. Though with the Librarian I guess it's 3 vs 2 now, right? 😄
Feb 21, 2019 1:22 am
So that would be three on two, so CtL it is! As I said, I am happy to share the book (as a read only version) to anyone that doesn't have it so everyone can join in on the fun! What immediately jumps out at me would be a game run somewhere between 1890-1920s London. I have a heap of social science books around that period of time and there is also an official supplement in 1e for that setting at the start of that period . So with all of that together, I should be able to craft something responsibly authentic, for you all to get into some shenanigans. If that doesn't appeal to anyone, I can go back to the drawing board and see what I can come up with.
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.