Blood in Ferelden: Chapter 1

load previous
Jan 12, 2016 12:39 pm
Seeing Rothas begin to move for the door after our hesitation, I join him as backup.
Jan 16, 2016 6:46 pm
Lockley whispers: "It seems quiet in there. Are we sure we're at the right place?"
Jan 25, 2016 4:54 pm
Jakes adds, looking a little concerned, Maybe we're too late?
Jan 30, 2016 4:39 pm
"It seems like we have some time. I'd like to take this opportunity to talk to about the Circle of Magi. Have you considered taking the Chantry into your life as your personal saviour? We offer excellent benefits, including protection by (and from) the Templars, austere robe-fitting rooms, and access to some of the great libraries. Plus dental, although I haven't figured out what that is yet."
Jan 31, 2016 3:34 am
Circle of Magi? Aren't they like a cult?, Jake questions, taking a step away from Lockley.
Feb 27, 2016 4:13 pm
"You say cult, I say family. A family free from the dangers of apostacy. Aren't you tired of running, young Jake?"
Feb 28, 2016 2:47 am
"I do not run Lockley, I search. I've been searching for my father. I do not run. Not from danger, and not from the apostasy you fear", Jake says, taking a very stubbornly youthful, but chastising tone.
Mar 7, 2016 8:55 pm
You've spent the night in unexpected battles with strange cultists who seem determined to 'silence' innocent children for imagined future sins.
The cult seems to be following the pattern of the Chantry of the stilled tongue, which was supposedly destroyed many years previously.
Captain Braedon has enlisted your help, and after rescuing the family on Tern street, you've heard that Captain Braedon and his team still haven't been heard from after they went to investigate an address at Cooper lane.
Your party has arrived at Cooper Lane, facing a two story home that is backed right up to the city wall.
There is one entrance on the front of the building... What is your plan?

Okay team, so I dialled us back a little bit, let's have at her...
Mar 7, 2016 9:17 pm
Rothas tries to assess whether there's a way onto the roof, access to a window, or other way into the building other than the front door.
Mar 7, 2016 10:09 pm
On closer inspection, the building has a definite abandoned feel to it. The small windows on the second storey are boarded up.
It could be possible to climb onto a nearby building, or find a climbing path to one of the boarded windows using the stone walls.

Make a perception test, if you have a focus you feel would be appropriate, go ahead with it. The dragon die will help determine how good of an option you find.
Mar 8, 2016 2:32 am
Lockley shakes his head, and abandons the feeling that he should try and recruit Jake... for now. Instead, he watches Rothas with some trepidation and considers using a telekinetic blast to propel him upwards. No, I don't have enough control.

He watches Rothas, and watches the first floor windows for signs that someone is, in turn, watching them.
OOC:
Edit: haha, I guess that's a 10.
Last edited March 8, 2016 2:33 am

Rolls

Perception (3rd is DD) - (1d6, 1d6, 1d6)

1d6 : (4) = 4

1d6 : (1) = 1

1d6 : (5) = 5

Mar 8, 2016 3:06 am
Despite his recruitment attempts Lockley is probably the closest thing to a mentor at this time. Though he would never tell the wizard so. Do you think we should just storm the castle?, I ask Lockley, and the others.
Last edited March 8, 2016 3:11 am
Mar 8, 2016 4:18 am
"I don't believe now is the time for that action."
I survey the building for any signs.

Rolls

Perception test - (3d6+2)

(453) + 2 = 14

Mar 8, 2016 2:34 pm
The stone work is old and worn and would provide handholds for climbing, but it would be a Challenging (tn13) climb. The windows seem sealed from the ground, but without manual investigation, the integrity of the boards can't be discerned.
Mar 8, 2016 6:49 pm
Rothas considers. He's not inclined to be stealthy as a matter of course, but it would be glorious to be able to surprise these 'Stilled tongue' bastards...

While he takes a moment to consider whether an upstairs window or a frontal assault would be more glorious, he also checks the ground for any evidence that Braedon or other guardsmen have passed this way recently...
OOC:
What kind of stunts can one do with a perception test, if any? That's a lot of points!
Last edited March 8, 2016 6:50 pm

Rolls

Perception test - (3d6+1)

(266) + 1 = 15

Mar 8, 2016 9:05 pm
OOC:
I'd say if you can come up with a way to apply exploration stunts, you can do that.
Otherwise...
Rothas notices light shining from behind the main door, and shadows that seem to be passing somewhere beyond the door. The door also appears to be slightly ajar, as if it had been forced open recently, and efforts to close it have not been effective.
Mar 10, 2016 4:08 am
As the group is contemplating their choices Jake casts Rock Armor on himself, hoping not to relive his previous failure.

I fear we may be too late, where are the other guards?, Jake says, looking a little nervous. Let me see if I can sneak up there and find anything out.
OOC:
After taking the minute to cast Rock Armor Jake is going to move up the street to the house and try to peek in the front door, being as stealthy as possible.
Last edited March 10, 2016 4:09 am

Rolls

Stealth (Dexterity) (Last is DD) - (3d6+1)

(562) + 1 = 14

Mar 10, 2016 7:23 am
"No sneakin' or climbin' for me, thanks. I'm fee breakin' down that door. Jus' say the' word." Grapthor eyes the door intently, as if already breaking down the door with his glare.

Rolls

Perception test - (3d6+1)

(533) + 1 = 12

Mar 10, 2016 8:14 am
Rothas will use the stunts Advantageous Positioning (to have moved adjacent to the door), nodding at Jake and Grapthor and hissing "Someone's busted in the door. Let's follow!", followed by the stunt The Upper Hand as he throws open the door and steps inside.
Last edited March 10, 2016 8:15 am
Mar 10, 2016 3:48 pm
Jake slips up to the door, moving quietly. The group takes their positions, hearing nothing in the room beyond.
With an excited flourish, Rothas kicks in the door. Beyond the door the odour assaults the party's senses, and Rothas finds a dingy room with the floor covered in straw pallets, where probably a dozen people sleep.

Two cultists stand at the back of the room, they look ready for action, armed with large axes.
OOC:
roll initiative! I'd do it myself, but it's a bit clunky from my phone this morning. Don't forget Rothas' bonus, and Jake can take a +1 for stealth.

Rolls

Perception (inside) - (3d6+2)

load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.