Blood in Ferelden: Chapter 1

Oct 6, 2015 4:11 am
It is the 30th year of the Dragon Age.

All fledgling adventurers, seekers of riches, or seekers of knowledge are well served by making their way to Denerim to find opportunities.

The quest for knowledge has brought the young mage Jake Chambers all the way from the Tevinter Imperium, across the Free Marches and the Waking Sea. The trail led him to Denerim, but recent shipping disruptions forced some captains to make port in Amaranthine instead. On a few occasions the party had to draw steel and witness the awesome, unsettling power that the mages could bring to bear.

Fortunately enough other adventurers were making their way to Denerim via the North Road. There was the elf Rothas, making a name for himself outside of the brutal Denerim alienage. The elf was not the only brave warrior to join the impromptu company, there was the dwarf Grapthor who had long since left the confines of Orzammar and the deep roads and found himself on the other side of Ferelden. The human warrior Bray kept a firm hand on his axe, and was always prepared to dive into the fray to prove his mettle.

Lastly the Circle Mage Lockley was on his way to Denerim, his place of birth, however this trip was one of research, and would likely find that his goals would align with the Tevinter mage accompanying the journey.

Alright team, feel free to RP a bit to introduce yourselves, boast about the journey, whatever floats your boat. I'll move the story ahead after everyone's had an opportunity to have a say. Enjoy.
Oct 6, 2015 1:32 pm
Lockley leaned on his staff, huffing from the exertion. His companions walked a few paces ahead and then stopped, waiting for the stout mage to recover. Oh what fun to slap bandits about with his magic, but deep inside he felt shaky afterwards.

The bandits had struck in the morning, just after they broke camp, perhaps alerted by their breakfast fire. But after slamming most off them to the ground, and young Jake's initial spell, Grapthor, Rothas and Bray had waded in and kept them from organizing in any way. Their offense had become defense, then retreat.

The shaking inside lessened and he continued walking. He wonder if the Tewinter mage felt the same. Not exhausted from mana drain, but from fighting to stop. It took years of practice of control for him to be certain he could. Could Jake?
Oct 6, 2015 5:35 pm
"Are you feeling alright, Lockley?", Jake questions Lockely, trying to catch his breath as well, "As many times as I've cast arcane bolt before, combat always feels much more...", he has his hands on his knees as he breathes heavy while trying to ponder the word he is looking for, "...energetic." He lets out a short laugh but soon stops so he can catch his breath.

He looks over to Bray, "How is that arm healing up? The tingle of magic should wear off in a bit."
Last edited October 6, 2015 5:36 pm
Oct 6, 2015 9:09 pm
Stopping to wait for the mages, I rub a hand over my magically healed arm at the mention of the wound. It was the first time I had ever received magical healing. "It's fine. Thank you." It was frustrating that I needed the healing at all. I should have been more careful in my duel against the ruffian. Relying too much on my shield, I had left myself open due to my arrogance. That's when I decided to switch over to my axe to keep myself on my toes. I would need to survive for far longer than this in order to become the hero needed to restore honor to the Musset name.
After a brief moment, I called back to the mages, "Let's keep moving. Even at a slower pace we can still make some progress on our trip."
Oct 8, 2015 2:00 am
"Sure thing, boss", Jake says with the cocksure attitude of youth. He walks over, shoulders up his pack, and lets out one last deep breath to regain his composure. "Let's just try and keep more aware", he says, eyeing the stronger warrior types, "My fathers trail grows only colder."
Oct 8, 2015 3:53 am
The rest of the journey is mostly monotonous and uneventful, and after a few more days the caravan is finally approaching its destination. It is a dark, cool night and a heavy mist is beginning to settle as the wagons arrive at the main gates.

In the mist a pair of glowing floating orbs approach, but prove to be nothing more than the city guardsmen approaching to speak with the caravan leader. The city guard stops the wagons to inspect their contents and the caravan leader bids the group his thanks. The driver tells the party that he'll deal with the inspection, they can go on without them. He reminds them to visit the guild office in the morning to collect the rest of their pay.

Beyond the main gate you are welcomed by the all too familiar stench of the Dregs, something like that of a mound of wet dogs. The mist has thickened, blocking out all but the nearby torches which appear as floating orbs of light hanging in the mist.

In this kind of mist you can hear people approaching long before you can see them. You’d peg the half-dozen or so pairs of feet pounding toward you in the darkness as guardsmen if it weren’t for the horrible gurgling.

Five people emerge from the mist. All wear off-white robes stained with blood. One carries a child’s body over his shoulder.

Welcome to the Dregs.
Oct 8, 2015 4:27 am
Jake, unfamiliar with the city, but not one to sit around while children are harmed puts himself in their direct path and holds up his hand, "Stop there. What are you doing with that child? Speak quickly for they may be your last words", his heart pounds in his chest and he can feel the magic beginning to well within him. It's a crackling tingly sensation across his skin. The magic always gives him a singular sensation of mixed terror and elation. He does his best to seem outwardly confident as he also wants nothing to do with the pain these characters might impart.
Oct 8, 2015 1:17 pm
Quietly, Lockley says "I won't tell you let your guard down, Jake, but be sparing with your magic here. The Circle doesn't let 'uncontrolled' mages just run free."

Lockley prepares to intercede with the white robed people, although he fears they may be diseased.
Oct 8, 2015 6:55 pm
The large man in the centre of the group holding the child over his shoulder speaks up. "Go about your business strangers," he spits. "This is the Maker's work."

The Strangers
Oct 8, 2015 8:06 pm
I stand by ready if needed but curious to watch the interaction between the strangers and Jake.
Oct 8, 2015 9:52 pm
Grapthor leans on the long haft of his two-handed maul. The surly dwarf has been relatively quiet the past couple of days, giving his companions a welcome respite from his usual grumbling about his chronic indigestion and the unfortunate lack of ale. The stout warrior has proven himself a worthy ally in battle, but in many cases it's been his grumpiness and snappish remarks that've gotten them into fights in the first place. Leaning on his maul, thumb hooked in his belt, Grapthor spits idly. By now the irascible dwarf's companions recognize this as a sign he's about to get them in trouble again. Somebody better stop him from opening his big mouth!
Oct 8, 2015 9:58 pm
"Put the boy down or I'll send you to talk to the Maker himself", Jake does his best to stand firm and only hopes that crazy dwarf is ready to back him up in the event this goes south. His youth and bravado may be getting the best of him after the last battle.

[ OOC: Not sure if this is going to be some sort of check for anything yet. Just let me know. ]
Last edited October 8, 2015 9:58 pm
Oct 8, 2015 11:44 pm
Lockley, unwilling to tangle with the Chantry, should these ruffians be a part of that fell institution, nonetheless hesitantly prepares to back his companions. He doesn't make any threatening moves, however.

Edit: added roll
Last edited October 9, 2015 12:38 am

Rolls

Cunning (religious lore) w/o Lore talent - Dragon die is last die - (3d6+4)

(213) + 4 = 10

Oct 9, 2015 12:04 am
Crazy mage. I think to myself as I watch him get himself into trouble...
Oct 9, 2015 2:51 am
"I will ask once again. Put down the child and step away. There will be no more asking after this", his fingertips start to crackle with magical energy. Feeling this power welling up he tries to control it enough to avoid a very outward display of his power. Doing his best to heed Lockely's advice, though knowing he doesn't possess the control of the more experienced mage.

[ OOC: Dang, too bad I probably failed the intimidation. I could have stunted and added a cool phrase to the end of my line. ]
Last edited October 9, 2015 3:01 am

Rolls

Brawn (Intimidation) (no focus and last die is dragon dice) - (3d6+1)

(221) + 1 = 6

Oct 9, 2015 4:42 am
Grendelthebrave sent a note to unique_exemplar
The large brute, seeing the crackling energy begin to build up around Jake, takes a half step back, his jaw quivering. "W-w-w-we're doing the Maker's work!"

He then drops the child unceremoniously off his shoulder and makes a break for it, trying to run around the party. The rest of the cultists brace themselves, hands going underneath their robes as if they had weapons hidden underneath...

For your intimidate check, I used your magic value instead of brawn, seemed appropriate. Big guy fails, the rest stand their ground. Breaking into Initiative as big guy is fleeing, the rest of them aren't necessarily committed to combat yet.

Initiative order:
Bray
Cultists
Lockley
Rothas
Jake
Grapthor

Bray's up first... I rolled off for the ties, lots of '4's on the dragon die...

Oh, and here's a rough MAP I don't want to get too specific with positions and the like, but a rough idea of how you are arranged might be helpful. The small star is the child.

Rolls

Jake Chambers Init +1 - (3d6+1)

(444) + 1 = 13

Grapthor Init +2 - (3d6+2)

(513) + 2 = 11

Lockley Init +0 - (3d6+0)

(464) = 14

Bray Init +2 - (3d6+2)

(454) + 2 = 15

Rothas Init +5 - (3d6+5)

(134) + 5 = 13

Cultist Init +3 - (3d6+3)

(444) + 3 = 15

Oct 9, 2015 5:32 am
[ OOC: Since Jake passed the test using the magic number instead and I had doubles I did accumulate a roleplaying stunt point I'm going to spend right away. The corebook lists this as the only thing that costs 1SP for roleplaying stunts and it seems appropriate.

Bon Mot: You tag the perfect witty remark onto the end of your action, affecting all those who hear it that much more deeply. If you can’t think of one, the rest of the players and GM quickly brainstorm options, and you choose among them. Word of your wit is likely to spread, for good or ill.

So I'm going to quick throw an extra "intimidating" line in here now as things kick off. ]

Jake, feeling the courage of his words ring true and righteous adds, "May the Maker grant you more mercy than I shall."
Last edited October 9, 2015 5:34 am
Oct 9, 2015 8:22 am
Rothas has strung his bow and has an arrow nocked, though he's not quite aiming at anyone. He's waiting to see how Bray and Lockley respond to these yahoos. While Rothas is prepared for violence, it seems like these robed strangers haven't the stomachs to fight. There would be little honor in cutting them down like so much wheat. Still, Rothas eyes the large brute who is running around them, wary that he may try to attack the group from behind...

* ...funny that he can run so fast; I would've thought those long robes would slow one down more...*
Last edited October 9, 2015 2:46 pm
Oct 9, 2015 8:38 pm
As the man runs off, something comes to mind about who I think these people are. Picking up my axe, I calmly approach Jake and gently hold his arm. "Wait." Asking more than demanding, I fully face the remaining robed people. "Whatever your intentions with that child - it's over now." I speak over my shoulder, never breaking eye contact with the group. "Jake. Attend to the child. See that he's well." I swing my axe up to bear with both hands in front of me and speak to the robed ones, glaring. "Now leave."
[OOC: Hope I'm not overdoing it with another Intimidate.]

Rolls

Intimidate - (2d6+3)

(26) + 3 = 11

Intimidate Dragon Die - (1d6)

(6) = 6

Oct 10, 2015 4:02 pm
Lockley kneels carefully by the child and checks for breathing. Subtlely, he also checks for signs of sickness or plague. He'll relay the information to they others as he he learns it, reciting as if from a book.

If the child is wounded, he will expend 1MP in a Heal.

Rolls

Diagnose child - Cunning (third is dragon die), Perc would be +0 - (3d6+2)

(311) + 2 = 7

Oct 10, 2015 6:59 pm
Bray's intimidating stance forces the cultists to hesitate, unsure about their next move. The leader who made to flee continues his flight, slowing as he tries to get around Grapthor, not excited about the look on the surly Dwarf's face.

One of the cultists, while shaking, says to the others "She'll kill us all if we don't bring it back to her! The unclean must be purged!"

The successful intimidate check forces them to hesitate. Big guy is still trying to flee, MAP has been updated.

Lockley is up after the cultists, so if you want to change your action, feel free.

Rothas is up next.

Initiative Order:
Bray
Cultists
Lockley
Rothas
Jake
Grapthor
Oct 12, 2015 3:50 pm
Lockley has trouble diagnosing the child in a hurry, but it is quite clear that he has been bleeding from the mouth.
When your healing magic courses through the child, his small eyes open wide, terrified and panicked. The child screams, then his hands move to over his mouth, confusion plastering his small weeping face.

If Jake and Grapthor want to go ahead, Rothas can act retroactively if it matters.
Oct 12, 2015 4:59 pm
Rothas has never had any positive interaction with people in hooded robes. He's getting a bad vibe here, and even though the others have not cued him to violence, his inclination tends to be earning glory in battle. Rothas figures that valor is the better part of discretion, so he fires at the cultist closest to Lockley (he figures Grapthor can prevent the leader's escape), and then uses a minor action to reload.

(OOC note: please correct me if I'm calculating the attack bonuses incorrectly.)
Last edited October 12, 2015 7:49 pm

Rolls

Attack with bow (+3 DEX, +2 for bow skill) - (3d6+5)

(245) + 5 = 16

Bow damage (+1 PER) - (1d6+2)

(5) + 2 = 7

Oct 12, 2015 5:12 pm
Rothas breaks the tension with a solid bow strike. The arrow sinks into its target, and as the cultists staggers back, his robes open to reveal leather armour underneath.

Roll your damage for Rothas, in the future you can roll your damage every time, in case you're successful. Don't forget you add your perception to damage rolls with weapons from the 'bows' group.

Jake is up next
Oct 12, 2015 7:48 pm
Understood; I will roll attacks and damage in the same post in future. In the meantime, I've added the damage roll to my previous post.
Oct 13, 2015 3:06 am
Jake feels the words of Bray try to calm him, but he can also feel the familiar feeling welling up in him. His hands spark almost uncontrollably as the words flow from his mouth almost entirely without his knowledge. His eyes flash white for a second as the arcane bolt forms at his hands and flies out towards one of the men.

As he feels the surge of magic course through his body he feels another burst well up and fire from his other hand at another one of the men.

[ OOC: Casting Arcane Bolt against one of the men standing around the boy, not the one that was already attacked. 2 MP cost. The target number to hit is 10. If I'm successful the creature gets to make a Dexterity (Acrobatics) test vs. your Spellpower (14), if it succeeds the spell only inflicts 1d6 damage.

OOOOOOOh, a couple of things happen. I believe I just triggered a stunt of value 6. My damage for arcane bolt also does a bonus 6 damage because of the value of my dragon dice.

The two stunts I will use are:

Mighty Spell (2sp) -- Target of the spell takes an extra 1d6 damage
Fast Casting (4sp) -- May immediately cast another spell that has a casting time of a major or minor action.

I'll use the Fast Casting to send another bolt at another uninjured man, and then I'll add another d6 attack damage for the first bolt.

Okay, summing up. Both men get a chance to save, Dex (Acrobatics) vs 14, to take 1d6 less of damage (remove the second number rolled from those damages. The first guy still gets an extra 1d6 damage. I spent 4 MP total to cast the bolt twice. I used all 6 of my spell stunt points as well. Both spells were cast successfully, no fizzles. Jake feels like a damn champ. ]
Last edited October 13, 2015 3:21 am

Rolls

To hit (3rd dice is dragon dice) (magic is 4, no focus) - (3d6+4)

(626) + 4 = 18

Damage from Arcane Bolt - (2d6)

(22) = 4

Extra Damage for first bolt - (1d6)

(5) = 5

Second Bolt Attack vs TN10 (Last is dragon dice) - (3d6+4)

(431) + 4 = 12

Damage for second bolt - (2d6)

(66) = 12

Oct 13, 2015 3:47 am
Charged with arcane fury, Jake holds out his hands and launches two bolts from outstretched hands.
The first cultist twists away, some of the force glancing away into the night. The second target takes the bolt firmly in the chest, sending him staggering backwards.

First cultist(C2) saves, second(C4) does not. Great use of the stunts! Huge 6 point dragon die came through big time!

Grapthor's up!
Oct 13, 2015 3:50 am
[ OOC: The first cultist still took 7 damage, right? Of the first damage dice (2 and 2), it would have been reduced by the second dice. However the stunt is what added the extra 5 to the attack, so that still gets added to the 2 damage that was remaining. Just checking so I can keep track of how much we've been hitting people. Also, not going to lie, this may be my new favorite RPG system. ]
Last edited October 13, 2015 3:52 am
Oct 13, 2015 3:54 am
Yup, he took 7+6(dragon die) minus his armour value. Second took 13 minus armour. I'll post gross damage in the results in the forthcoming posts.

Grapthor!
Oct 13, 2015 9:32 am
As the lead cultist tries to get around Grapthor, the dwarf moves with surprising speed. One moment he is leaning against the haft of his two-handed maul, the weapon's heavy head resting on the ground, the next moment the maul is arcing upwards towards the cultist's chest.

Two-Hander Style: When you hit with a melee attack when using a two-handed weapon, you can shove your target 2 yards in any direction.

Are you supposed to add your STR to the damage roll? I believe two-handed maul damage is 2d6+3 without the STR.
Last edited October 13, 2015 9:34 am

Rolls

Attack (STR 3 + Focus: Bludgeons, third die is Dragon die) - (3d6+5)

(235) + 5 = 15

Damage - (2d6+3)

(34) + 3 = 10

Oct 13, 2015 3:50 pm
Grapthor's maul connects with the fleeing cultist in the chest, knocking the wind from him and sending him stumbling.

Boom! Grapthor connects for a mighty 13 dam (before armour). Which way would you like to move him?

Back up to Bray!
Oct 13, 2015 9:55 pm
The way things turned out didn't surprise me, but it was sudden. Still, I was ready for it and took a swing at the cultist who Jake had first hit with his magic. [ooc: c2]

Rolls

Attack - (3d6+3)

(514) + 3 = 13

Damage - (3d6+3)

(552) + 3 = 15

Oct 13, 2015 11:01 pm
Bray telegraphs his heavy swing a little too much and the cultist side steps it at the last second, the shot to the chest previously having seemingly woken him up.

"Very near miss.

Cultist turn.
Oct 14, 2015 5:12 am
The cultist leader gathers himself and spits out some blood from his mouth. In an instant he reaches under his robe and pulls out a short sword, with which he lunges at Grapthor, blind rage in his eyes. Grapthor is hit for (8 - 5(AV)) 3 Damage.

The Cultist that Rothas stuck with an arrow, turns away from Lockley over the child, dashes toward Rothas, drawing his own short sword on the way. Rothas is able to parry away the clumsy shot with his bow.

The second robed figure behind the child draws his sword as Bray's axe swings wide. He stabs in furiously but is thwarted by a clever parry with the pommel of his axe.

Another cultist attacks Bray, hoping to capitalize on the melee with his comrade. His blow find's Bray's guantleted fists painfully(Mighty Blow 2SP), forcing Bray's axe to the alley floor(Disarm 2SP). Then, to add insult to injury, the cultist kicks Bray hard in the hip, knocking him prone to his left(Knock Prone 2SP). Huge roll from the cultist ( 6, 5, 6 ) for 6 SP! Bray takes (13-4) 9 Damage!

The remaining cultist attempts to knock Lockley from the squirming child. ( 3, 5, 3 ; 3SP) He kicks Lockley over onto his back, knocking him prone(Knock over 2SP). He deals 5 damage to Lockley in the kick.

Map is updated, let me know if I missed anything.

Initiative Order:
Bray
Cultists
Lockley
Rothas
Jake
Grapthor

Back to Lockley
Oct 14, 2015 6:56 pm
Lockley grunts from the pain in his side. From his back, he eyes the cultist and the child. What do I care, some waif, probably sold to them and here we are interfering... His eyes narrow with the decision, and he extends his hand outward. A sudden wind swirls around him and the cultist, and then, with a sudden clenching of his fist, the cultist is surrounded by a cloud of freezing air.

Edit: ... and stands up.
Winters Grasp: Major Action; 3MP; range 20 yds; envelop target in cloud frost ice for # rounds = MAG (i.e. 3); rnd 1: 1d6 penetrating DMG; rnd 2+: save CON(STAMINA) vs Spellpower or 1d6 penetrating DMG and cumulative -2 Speed, but save ends spell
Last edited October 14, 2015 7:51 pm

Rolls

Penetrating damage - (1d6)

(1) = 1

Oct 14, 2015 7:03 pm
The cultist feels his limbs stiffen, and the saliva in his mouth begin to frost over as his eyes widen in panin.

I made the roll now for next round. The effect will end next turn. (5, 5, 4) vs. 13; C4 takes 1 penetrating damage.
Initiative Order:
Bray
Cultists
Lockley
Rothas
Jake
Grapthor

Rothas is up.
Oct 14, 2015 7:59 pm
Wary of the stabbing short sword, Rothas readies his two-handed axe and attempts to end the foul cultist with it.

Rolls

Attack with two-handed axe (STR + Axes skill) - (3d6+5)

(254) + 5 = 16

Damage on a hit - (3d6+3)

(131) + 3 = 8

Oct 14, 2015 10:24 pm
Rothas defeats the cultist's defences and lands a solid blow into the cultist's leather armour.

Hit! 8 Damage. Jake is up
Oct 15, 2015 5:48 am
Jake, losing himself in the rage of battle flips around his quarter staff and sends a glowing jagged arcane lance from the end of the quarter staff towards the cultist that pushed Lockely away from the boy.

[ OOC: Casting Arcane bolt which is an ability, not an actual spell. No MP usage. Also anytime I roll for hit, 3rd dice is always dragon dice. :) ]
Last edited October 15, 2015 5:50 am

Rolls

To Hit (Magic(Arcane Lance) Test) (Treated like ranged attack) - (3d6+4)

(142) + 4 = 11

Damage - (1d6+4)

(1) + 4 = 5

Oct 15, 2015 5:51 am
In his angry haste, Jake misdirects his arcane lance and misses the cultist.

Grapthor, you're up.
Oct 15, 2015 6:35 am
Roaring with rage, Grapthor widens his stance and brings the maul in a two-handed, overhead swing aimed at the lead cultist's head.

Major Action: melee attack.
Two-hander style: cultist is knocked back 2 yards towards C4 & Lockley.
2SP: cultist's sword goes flying 4 yards in the opposite direction.
Minor Action: Aim.
Last edited October 15, 2015 6:45 am

Rolls

(662) + 5 = 19

Damage - (2d6+6)

(14) + 6 = 11

Disarm - (1d6+3)

(1) + 3 = 4

Oct 15, 2015 7:08 am
The brawny cultist steps back whole attempting to party Grapthor's swing. He miscalculates and takes the shot to his arm, forcing him to drop is sword, sending it clattering away.

11 dam and no sword, nice.
Back to Bray!
Oct 15, 2015 5:03 pm
Ignoring my lost axe for now, I push myself up off the ground. As I draw my sword, I follow the motion with a slice at the cultist's middle.

Rolls

Attack - (3d6+3)

(125) + 3 = 11

Damage - (2d6+3)

(46) + 3 = 13

Oct 15, 2015 8:33 pm
The cultist leader stares dumbly at his now empty hands, panting from the repeated hammering Grapthor's maul has been delivering. He looks up at Grapthor, and reaches to his belt to draw a small dagger. He lunges with surprising agility and drives his dagger towards Grapthor's throat while sweeping his stocky legs out from under him (Knock Prone 2SP). The staggered cultist then makes his way past Grapthor, moving as if to flee (Skirmish 1SP). ( 3, 6, 3 ) for 3SP. Take (6-5AV) 1 DAMAGE!

The cultist engaged with Rothas swings in hard, finding a gap in Rothas' armour and cutting him. Cultist hits with ( 6, 6, 3 ) for 3SP, Mighty Blow(2SP). Rothas takes (10-4AV) 6 Damage.

Bray is assaulted from two sides by cultists. The cultist to his left strikes first lands a penetrating blow with his short sword, bypassing some of Bray's heavy leather armour. The second cultist to his right attempts to find some success of his own while Bray is busy with his compatriot. He strikes true, though Bray's armour catches most of it.( 2, 4, 4 ) for 4SP, Pierce Armor and Mighty Blow(4SP), hits for (13-2AV) 11 Damage. Second strike hits for (8-4AV) 4 Damge. Total 15 Damage.

As the frigid spell wears away, the cultist slashes at Lockely with renewed urgency, desperately trying to avoid another horrible spell. He slashes twice in his frenzy, biting through Lockley's robes and spilling blood in nasty cuts. Cultist hits with ( 5, 5, 4 ) for 4SP, does 9 Damage, takes lightning attack for 3SP, second attack hits for 8 damage. Total 16 Damage!
Initiative Order:
Bray
Cultists
Lockley
Rothas
Jake
Grapthor

Lockley is up.
Oct 16, 2015 12:06 am
Failing rapidly, Lockley concentrates on a spot between and behind the two cultists nearby. He raises his hands in the air and then plunges them to the ground, releasing telekinetic power.
Mind Blast on C3 and C4: Major action; circular blast of telekinetic force, 2 yd radius centered within 50 yards that can see, those caught in blast knocked prone and make a STRENGTH (MIGHT) test vs Spellpower [13] or cannot take a major action on next turn
Oct 16, 2015 12:09 am
Make your Magic +focus test to cast the spell. TN 12.
Oct 16, 2015 12:32 am
Spell casting...

Edit: stunt, skirmish, move C4 back 2 yds
Last edited October 16, 2015 12:34 am

Rolls

Spell casting 3d6+3 (3rd is dd) - (3d6+3)

(441) + 3 = 12

Oct 16, 2015 12:59 am
The brutes are knocked off their feet, but are still moving about when they hit the ground.

Both cultists make their save. They are both Prone.

Rothas is up.
Oct 16, 2015 7:07 am
Rothas snarls at the blow, and then chants at the cultist as his axe weaves a pattern of feints and parries. "The battle song rages as we start, the glory is mine with your heart..." When he senses an opening, Rothas swings for another chop. With the two-handed style, Rothas drives this cultist two yards back towards (and hopefully into) one of the ones attacking Bray.
Last edited October 16, 2015 7:11 am

Rolls

Attack with two-handed axe (STR + Axes skill) - (3d6+5)

(615) + 5 = 17

2-H axe damage - (3d6+3)

(642) + 3 = 15

Oct 16, 2015 4:25 pm
Rothas' strike connects soundly, hacking into the cultist's shoulder and sending home reeling backwards. He stumbles back, reeling from the heavy strike.

Huge hit and knocks the cultist back.
Map is updated.
Jake, you're up.

Rolls

Dexterity acrobatics +x - (3d6)

(311) = 5

Oct 16, 2015 4:55 pm
Jake moves up to where Lockley is and fires another arcane bolt from his hand at the cultist in front of Bray. He is hoping to end this before healing is needed to be cast. Hoping.

[ OOC: Another 2MP used to cast arcane bolt again. ]
Last edited October 16, 2015 4:58 pm

Rolls

Spell casting vs 10TN - (3d6+4)

(235) + 4 = 14

Damage + dragon die value. - (2d6+5)

(52) + 5 = 12

Oct 16, 2015 5:04 pm
The bolt strikes the cultist hard, smacking him like a bowling ball of energy.

Hits for 12 net Dam. I'm assuming you meant C2, the cultist who is still standing in front of Bray? Let me know in the OOC if you wanted to move to the other side of Lockley. MAP

GRAPTHOR
is up
Oct 16, 2015 7:21 pm
Grapthor spits blood, and in one swift motion springs to his feet and swings at the lead cultist again.
-I forgot to add +1 for Aim, so that attack roll is actually 17.
-2 SP: Mighty Blow
-2 SP: Pierce Armor
-1 SP: Skirmish (knock him back 2 yards in addition to the 2 yards from 2-Hander Style)
Last edited October 16, 2015 8:37 pm

Rolls

(515) + 5 = 16

Damage - (2d6+6)

(43) + 6 = 13

Mighty Blow - (1d6)

(1) = 1

Oct 16, 2015 8:18 pm
Grapthor smashes the cultist leader as he begins his flight. The blow lands with a resounding crunch, and sends the man staggering back several yards.
He is now hunched over, with blood streaming from his mouth in laboured breaths.

Huge hit from Grapthor, leader is barely still alive. Back up to Bray before the cultists!
Map
Oct 16, 2015 8:43 pm
Trying to better my defenses, I take a step back, getting my shield out and lunge at the cultist one of my companions just hit with a magical blast.

Rolls

Attack - (3d6+3)

(325) + 3 = 13

Damage - (2d6+3)

(14) + 3 = 8

Oct 16, 2015 8:48 pm
Bray's strike connects with the disoriented cultist, his guard disrupted as he tries to determine where the next attack is coming from.

Gave you the +1 for double team bonus, so a hit for 8 net damage.

And the cultists...
Oct 16, 2015 9:13 pm
The leader of the group, panting, clutches his dagger and stares at Grapthor, with hate in his eyes. The man steps forward to close the gap between them and tries a clever move to strike with his dagger.
( 4, 4, 6 ) Cultist hits with 6SP. He'll use Mighty Blow and Pierce Armor for 4SP, hits for (8-2) 6 Damage. He will then skirmish twice to begin to flee to the south.

The victim of Rothas' mighty swing gathers himself and advances carefully on the elf warrior. "The maker spits on knife-ears like you!" He lashes out with more swings than one would have thought possible.
Hit ( 5, 5, 3 ) with 3SP, Lightning Attack 3SP, second attack hits,hit twice for (6-4) 2 and (11-4) 7 damage. Total 9 damage.

The cultist in front of Bray swings wildly in retaliation for the strike and misses badly.

The cultist to his right stands up, and resumes his attacks on Bray's flank. His attack barely finds purchase despite Bray's wise shield work.
Bray is hit for (9-4) 5 Damage. Down to 7/36 if I've been keeping track correctly.

The last cultist knocked prone by Lockley's spell stands up, and advances toward the mage, sword in hand. With a cocky grin, he thrusts his short sword at the mage... the blad sinks into the mage's belly, and he can feel the fight bleed out of him as he collapses to the street.
Cultist hits with an 11. Lockley is at 0 HP, and will die in 2 rounds if not stabilized/healed.

Initiative Order:
Bray [7/36]
Cultists
Lockley[0/26]
Rothas [26/38]
Jake [22/22]
Grapthor [33/37]

Lockley is up, but can only speak. So ROTHAS, you can act.
Oct 16, 2015 11:44 pm
"Argghhhhh-k-k--ssddhahhhh!"
Oct 17, 2015 12:53 am
Rothas grunts as much at the insult as at the blade slicing into him. That grunt becomes a shriek of inhuman fury as he cleaves at the cultist again. "LOCKLEY!!!"
Last edited October 17, 2015 12:55 am

Rolls

Attack with 2H axe - (3d6+5)

(314) + 5 = 13

(443) + 3 = 14

Oct 17, 2015 10:00 pm
The cultist pirouettes at the last second and avoids Rothas' swing.

Jake! Time to save the day...
Oct 18, 2015 12:51 am
Jake suddenly sees Lockley go down next to him and a cultist standing over him with a blood covered sword. "Lockley! Hang on tight", he shouts out as another bolt starts to form from his hand now pointed at the cultist over Lockely. He knows he needs to get rid of that guy if he wants any chance of getting safely to Lockely, as his hand flashes white suddenly an audible pop is heard and the magical energy dissipates.

"No no no, not now!", Jake says looking terrified now.
Last edited October 18, 2015 12:53 am

Rolls

Arcane Bolt (TN10) - (3d6+4)

(111) + 4 = 7

Oct 18, 2015 6:50 am
Grapthor is torn between finishing off the cultist leader or going to his friends' aid. Reluctantly, he lets the fleeing cultist go, and charges the two cultists threatening Lockley and Bray.

Minor Action: move.
Major Action: melee attack.
4SP: Dual Strike - hit both C4 & C3.
Two-hander style: both cultists are knocked back 2 yards towards top of the map.
Last edited October 18, 2015 6:54 am

Rolls

(644) + 5 = 19

Damage - (2d6+6)

(61) + 6 = 13

Oct 18, 2015 7:06 am
Grapthor dashes in, catching the cultist towering over Lockley's barely conscious form. His maul launches out in a thrusting motion, catching the cultist, and sending him forcefully into his comrade behind him. Both are sent staggering back in the alley.

Nice! Both cultists are pushed back. (1st damage on C3 for the record) MAP is updated.

Bray! You're up!

Cultists are after you! What will they do?

Initiative Order:
Bray [7/36]
Cultists
Lockley[0/26]
Rothas [26/38]
Jake [22/22]
Grapthor [33/37]
Oct 19, 2015 4:59 pm
I take another stab at the cultist in front of me, hoping to take at least one of them out. Fewer targets would help the group. Focus on one at a time. I repeat to myself.
[OOC: Woohoo! Finally got a stunt. Going to do Mighty Blow and Disarm.]
Last edited October 19, 2015 5:03 pm

Rolls

Attack - (3d6+3)

(444) + 3 = 15

Damage - (2d6+3)

(55) + 3 = 13

Mighty Blow - (1d6)

(5) = 5

Disarm check - (3d6+3)

(213) + 3 = 9

Knock enemy weapon away (distance) behind me - (1d6+3)

(3) + 3 = 6

Oct 19, 2015 5:28 pm
Bray catches the cultist lunging and spins to the side. With an upward swing he catches the cultist in the arm pit, chopping off his arm at the shoulder, sending it and the short sword in its clutches flying behind him, sailing over Lockley's unconscious form.

First kill to Bray! Cultist's are up will post for them in a bit.
Oct 19, 2015 7:38 pm
The cultist engaged with Rothas grins wickedly and resumes his assault, "You won't stop us, we'll cut our way through you and she'll still get the child!" He cuts in low at Rothas, but most of the damage is absorbed by his armour.

Rothas is hit for (8-4) 4 Damage.

The cultist leader continues his flight, running away down the street, and is lost in the mist before long.
2 minor actions to move, he's no longer visible.

Bray's opponent, knocks his shield asideand thrusts with his short sword, fuelled by rage at seeing his comrade go down in such bloody fashion. The thrust drives hard into Bray's chest, and he feels his legs give out under him.

The only result that could have dropped you. [( 6 ) + 5 = 11 ] 11-4AV=7 Damage! Bray drops and will die in 5 rounds unless helped.

The Cultist that Grapthor sent flying snarls and lunges at the surly Dwarf. His stab finds a chink in Grapthor's armour, stinging painfully into the dwarf. He twists the sword around, trying to force the Dwarf's maul from his hands Grapthor proves too strong, however and maintains his grip.

( 4, 4, 6 ) 6SP! Mighty Blow, Pierce Armour, and Disarm (Failed). Hits for 10-2AV=8 Damage

Initiative Order:
Bray [0/36] 5 rounds to go
Cultists
Lockley[0/26] 1 more round
Rothas [17/38]
Jake [22/22]
Grapthor [25/37]

LOCKLEY(speaking only)/ROTHAS is up. Lockley will Perish when his turn comes around again if no healing is applied!

MAP Updated

Rolls

Grapthor's opposed attack roll - (3d6+5)

(563) + 5 = 19

Oct 19, 2015 8:00 pm
"Jake! Help Lockley!" Rothas screams, swinging his axe around and over his head, attempting to split his attacker like so much firewood. He continues to pant curses at this...freaking...cultist...whom...he...can't...hit....
"That's a lot of talk, dog! I'm just playing with you, while all your friends die. I'm saving you for last!"

(OOC: note that Rothas should be listed as having 17 health)
Last edited October 19, 2015 8:10 pm

Rolls

Attack with 2H axe - (3d6+5)

(521) + 5 = 13

Damage on blasted cultist - (3d6+3)

(443) + 3 = 14

Oct 19, 2015 8:09 pm
Jake looks terrified seeing his magic fail him when he needs it most but snaps back to the fight as Grapthor barrels into the cultist. "On it, keep them off us", he drops to his knees next to Lockely, seeing blood spilling out of him. "C'mon old man, don't leave me like this."

He holds out his hands over the mages body. The magical surge is so powerful that he feels an aura of magic come over him.

[ OOC: Spending three MP to do a big heal.

Edit: Never mind, only 3 SP. I'll take a defensive aura that grants me +2 defense for the round. Disregard other rolls. ]
Last edited October 19, 2015 8:24 pm

Rolls

Heal vs TN10 - (3d6+4)

(353) + 4 = 15

Heal Lockley - (3d6)

(535) = 13

Heal Bray vs TN10 - (3d6+4)

(535) + 4 = 17

Heal Bray - (3d6)

(234) = 9

Oct 19, 2015 8:16 pm
The healing energies close up the nasty wound to Lockley's abdomen, and with a coughing sputter, feels his strength returning.

Big heal from Jake! Grapthor is up next.
Oct 20, 2015 4:04 am
Grapthor winces when he takes the knife wound but grins when the cultist's feeble attempt to disarm him fails. The dwarf heaves his maul at the cultist's kneecaps. With a sickening crunch the heavy weapon splinters the man's legs like twigs. Grapthor hardly gives the man a thought, leaving the cultist to bleed to death asthe dwarf sets his sights on the next foe.
Major Action: Melee attack vs C4
Minor Action: Aim
2SP: Pierce Armor
Last edited October 20, 2015 10:59 am

Rolls

Attack vs. C4 (STR 3 + Focus: Bludgeons, third die is Dragon die) - (3d6+5)

(552) + 5 = 17

Damage - (2d6+6)

(66) + 6 = 18

Oct 20, 2015 4:50 am
Grapthor's sound strike to the cultist's knees ensures that this man will never walk again, as he removes the man's leg at the joint, catching the exposed gap in his armour.

I'll leave it up to you Grapthor if you want to finish this guy off with a dramatic description, otherwise he's definitely dead.
Bray! You may talk if you want. Else I'll be posting the cultists in the morning.
Oct 20, 2015 10:01 am
The cultist knocked away my shield, but the real surprise was the sound I heard. Had I made that sound? It was like a wet grunt or choking sound. Glaring at the cultist, the world blurs and suddenly tips to the side. Why had I fallen? Did he trip me? I hadn't felt a kick. I ... can't feel anything I try to speak but it only comes out as that same grunt as before. I can't .... I can't move. Everything is so heavy. The fight must have been going on longer than I thought. Night was falling. Why hadn't anyone lit a torch yet? It was so dark... and cold.
Oct 20, 2015 6:34 pm
The cultist sneers at Rothas' insults, and stabs in with his short sword, and connects, drawing a small amount of blood through the elf's heavy leather armour.
Cultist hits for (9-4AV) 5 Damage.

The remaining cultist, seeing his comrades cut down, and having removed the threat that was Bray, kicks the warrior's limp form over and picks up the child and throws him over his shoulder. He makes a break back the way they came, and is now barely visible in the fog.

Initiative Order:
Bray [0/36] 5 rounds to go
Cultists
Lockley[13/26]
Rothas [12/38]
Jake [22/22]
Grapthor [25/37]

Lockley is back! Prone, but alive. You're up!

MAP updated.
Oct 21, 2015 12:13 am
Lockley rises to a crouch and reaches for Bray. His hand glows with magic briefly before he flinched forward, forcing the magic deep into Bray's body.
Heal, 3MP

Rolls

Heal Check - (3d6+3)

(213) + 3 = 9

Heal effect - (3d6)

(366) = 15

Oct 21, 2015 12:25 am
Lockley is still bleary from his recent brush with death and his spell fizzles.

TN 10 for heal. Rothas! Kill that guy!
Oct 21, 2015 12:34 am
Rothas cackles...weakly.
"heh-heh-heh...looks like your friends have all abandoned you, bub! Your time has come!"
Rothas sincerely tries to end him (aiming as a minor action).

Assuming a 17 hits, I've got 5 stunt points.
Stunt: Lightning attack (3)
Stunt: Piercing attack (2)

Third roll is for my second attack on this bozo.
Fourth roll is damage.

The axe whirls around and carves through Rothas' opponent's armor and his torso underneath, effectively eviscerating the cultist. As he sags forward, the brutal elf brings the axe around again and lops off the robed figure's head. Heavily winded, Rothas steps back to avoid the splash and looks to see how the rest of the party fares while he catches his breath for a moment.
Last edited October 21, 2015 6:06 am

Rolls

Attack with 2H axe (aiming as minor) - (3d6+6)

(335) + 6 = 17

(356) + 3 = 17

Second attack (lightning attack stunt) with 2H axe - (3d6+5)

(166) + 5 = 18

Damage on a hit with axe - (3d6+3)

(534) + 3 = 15

Oct 21, 2015 3:27 am
"No, the boy", Jake mutters as he sees the cultist fleeing. He can just make out his form running into the distance. He takes a deep breath trying his best to focus all of his energy. Another bolt starts to form in his outstretched palm. "C'mon, don't fail me this time."

As he fires the bolt he feels his power surge again and another bolt starts to form but fizzles before it can fly.

[ OOC: I'm 'concentrating' which should add +1 to my normal +4 for casting. Is that right?

4 spell points to cast another spell. Since that fizzled I'll use my other two stunt points to add an extra d6 to the first bolt. ]

"Stop him, don't let them take the boy!", he shouts to the others.
Last edited October 21, 2015 3:33 am

Rolls

Arcane Bolt vs TN10 - (3d6+5)

(666) + 5 = 23

Damage for first bolt - (2d6+6)

(15) + 6 = 12

Cast second bolt vs TN10 - (3d6+4)

(131) + 4 = 9

Bonus d6 damage for first bolt - (1d6)

(1) = 1

Oct 21, 2015 8:35 pm
Rothas obliterates the cultist in front of him, and Jake catches the fleeing cults with a hard shot to his back as he runs with the child.

"Grapthor! You're up,
Oct 22, 2015 5:29 am
Grapthor chases after the fleeing cultist and aims a sweeping blow to the man's legs.

Minor Action: Move
Major: Charge
4SP: Seize the Initiative - which means I go again!
Last edited October 22, 2015 5:38 am

Rolls

(225) + 5 = 14

Damage - (2d6+6)

(63) + 6 = 15

Attack (third die is the Dragon die) - (3d6+5)

(331) + 5 = 12

Damage - (2d6+6)

(31) + 6 = 10

Oct 22, 2015 6:45 am
The cultist stumbles, but somehow, barely keeps his feet with the child on his shoulder.

"Cultist is clinging to life by a thread. Grapthor make an average (TN 11) perception (listening) test.
Bray is up, 4 rounds until death, may still speak.
Oct 22, 2015 11:46 am
Grapthor can't believe it, but the thrice-buggered cultist he just smashed is still on the move, and taking the damm child with him!

Rolls

Perception TN 11 - (3d6+1)

(526) + 1 = 14

Oct 22, 2015 7:12 pm
Grendelthebrave sent a note to Jabes.plays.RPG
The cultist accelerates, somehow, thought he is clearly favouring the leg that took the mighty shot from Grapthor's maul.

The cultist is now 24 yds from Grapthor: Major action: Run.
Oct 22, 2015 7:19 pm
Can Jake still see the fleeing cultist, or would it be possible if I moved on my turn to see him again?
Oct 22, 2015 7:23 pm
If you moved you'd be able to see him. There would be a -1 to hit, for ranged attacks/spells, but you'd be able to tell where he is.
Oct 22, 2015 7:33 pm
Lockley, frustrated at his failures, tries to Heal Bray again. "Please, friend, come back to us!"

Edit: 3SP woot! I'll reduce the mana cost by 1
Last edited October 22, 2015 7:36 pm

Rolls

Heal check TN 10 - (3d6+3)

(353) + 3 = 14

Heal roll - (3d6)

(511) = 7

Oct 22, 2015 7:45 pm
Seeing Lockley up and crouching over Bray, Rothas readies his bow and sprints after the cultist who's just run off with the boy into the mist. He's trying to see if he can catch up, with the thought of sending an arrow into the villain if he can get close enough.

minor: ready his bow, major: run (speed is 14)

(edit for clarity: I'm trying to get C4, who just ran off with the boy, not chasing after the leader who vanished earlier)
Last edited October 22, 2015 9:06 pm
Oct 22, 2015 8:15 pm
"We've got more bloody company!" Grapthor growls, maul pointed in the direction the cultist fleeing.
Last edited October 22, 2015 8:16 pm
Oct 22, 2015 8:42 pm
Jake moves forward and again can just barely make out the outline of the cultist carrying the boy. His final effort, another bolt appears, at his hand. It sails through the mist towards the cultist.

Minor: Move
Major: Arcane Bolts
2SP - Mighty Spell Stunt
Last edited October 22, 2015 8:53 pm

Rolls

Cast Arcane Bolt (at -1, TN10) - (3d6+3)

(322) + 3 = 10

Spell damage (2d6+Dragon Die) - (2d6+2)

(33) + 2 = 8

Mighty Spell Stunt Damage - (1d6)

(3) = 3

Oct 22, 2015 9:52 pm
Jake's bolt catches the fleeing cultist in the back, and Jake sees his silhouette slump in the obscuring mist. A slight gargling moan comes from the child as he hits the ground.
Grendelthebrave sent a note to PhantomNimbus
Oct 22, 2015 9:56 pm
Jake tries to listen for more movement.

Rolls

Perception - (3d6+1)

(152) + 1 = 9

Oct 22, 2015 9:59 pm
The child's moaning dominates your senses at the moment.
Oct 22, 2015 10:06 pm
Grapthor strides forward towards the child, eyes seeking out incoming threats.

Rolls

Perception - (3d6+1)

(362) + 1 = 12

Oct 22, 2015 10:36 pm
My skin tingles as Lockley's magic closes my wounds. I recognize the sensation from when my arm was healed earlier. Feeling reinvigorated, my eyes snap open and I flash the mage an appreciative smile. With a grunt, I stand up. "The child. Where is he?"
Last edited October 22, 2015 10:36 pm
Oct 23, 2015 3:12 am
Jake runs to the downed cultist and the boy and scoops him up in his arms. "Boy, boy. Do you hear me?", I ask as I shake him a bit to see if he responds.

Unsure what focus it would be but I want to make a lore check to see if I can determine anything about this boy's condition. As far as I know I don't have any particular focus that would help. If it is arcane or cultural I should look into I will get an extra +2 to my roll results.

Rolls

Cunning (Lore) Test - (3d6+2)

(215) + 2 = 10

Oct 23, 2015 5:18 pm
The boy's eyes open again, and he tries to scream, but the sound is - wrong - somehow. As he slowly calms himself, you can tell that the boy cannot speak properly, and the blood around his mouth suggests something horrible, that the boy's tongue has been cut out!
You scan your memory, but can't think how anyone could be so barbaric as to do this to a child.

Grendelthebrave sent a note to unique_exemplar
Grendelthebrave sent a note to Jabes.plays.RPG
Oct 23, 2015 5:37 pm
Heartbroken, my face falls as I see what I was afraid of. I plead to our two resident mages, searching for some hope. "Can't you do anything? You've performed other miracles. Surely, you can help his poor boy!"
Oct 23, 2015 5:40 pm
My powers can mend, and Lockely has already mended the boy, but we can not restore what has been lost. However, I fear it isn't safe here anymore. Some of those cultists got away, and I'm sure they'll be back for the boy. Does anyone know anywhere safe in this city we can hide out. My power is almost tapped out", Jake explains, still holding the boy, and looking extremely winded and drained.
Oct 23, 2015 5:59 pm
"I'm familiar with the city. Let me take us to a safe spot." Lockley tries to think of a suitable spot, discrete and secure. Places associated with the Circle and the Templars are probably a bad place to take Jake, and he is reluctant to involve his family unless he has no other options. He will try to think of a good location, maybe an inn, that would be safe for all of them.

Rolls

Cunning test - safe houses - (1d20+2)

(13) + 2 = 15

Cunning test - can a severed tongue be healed - (1d20+2)

(16) + 2 = 18

Oct 23, 2015 7:23 pm
From the mists beyond, the sounds of footsteps grows louder until from the mist emerge four men in heavy mail, carrying swords in hand.
They stop when they see the body of the cultist and the child, and the man in the lead speaks: "I'm Braedon, captain of Bann Nicola Baranti's house guard. Were there more of them? We learned these bastards were out again tonight. We weren't fast enough to stop the first kidnapping. Thank the Maker they stumbled upon you lot."
Braedon brandishes a piece of paper with four addresses on it, "There are two more groups out there, and no time? Who are you people? Can you help?"

Unfortunately, as far as Lockley knows, severed body parts can not be reliably healed. You can think of an appropriate Inn that usually has room and doesn't ask questions. (You can name it)

Great, and brutal battle before! Everyone take 300xp for a hard fought victory.
Oct 23, 2015 7:42 pm
Jake, a little out of sorts after his first encounter with any people in this city, instantly distrusts the soldiers. He moves to the back of the group still holding the boy.

He whispers to Lockley, "I barely have any power left. I don't think I would survive another fight right now."
Last edited October 23, 2015 7:42 pm
Oct 23, 2015 7:59 pm
Lockley nods at Jake. "Me, too, although I have a little bit left to tend to the worst of our wounds."

To the guards, he says "We were badly treated by this bunch. Let me confer with my companions as to whether we are fit to confront more of these ruffians. Do you know from whom this child was taken?"

Lastly, to his companions, he checks everyone for wounds. Lockley himself is only half-whole.
Oct 23, 2015 8:17 pm
"Aye, the child was taken from a house on Hockney street. We were too late, they killed the child's parents, did this to the child," he gestures towards the weeping child with Jake, "then captured the child to take it back to wherever they're taking them to. Bann Nicola will take the child in and ensure it receives the best care."

"These stilled tongue are monsters, that I thought we'd dealt with back in '27, but they always come back the blighters."
Oct 23, 2015 8:23 pm
Overhearing Jake's worry, I look at him with a reassuring smile before turning back to the guards "We're just passing through. Thank the Maker this Bann Nicola is generous enough to take him in. What can we do to help?" I look around to everyone. "Surely, we are to help.
Oct 24, 2015 8:17 pm
Images of his own brothers and sisters swim before his mind's eye. He clasps Bray by the shoulder. "You can barely stand, what are these people to you that you would risk so much?" He focusses inward on the dwindled spark within him and brings forth what power he may. "Of course, we'll help," Lockley says forcing the magic within Bray once again, willing his wounds to close.

Edit: 6 point stunt! I'll reduce the mana cost to 0.
Last edited October 24, 2015 8:19 pm

Rolls

Heal vs TN 10, 2MP - (3d6+3)

(666) + 3 = 21

Heal - (2d6)

(56) = 11

Oct 24, 2015 9:05 pm
Still holding the boy and standing at the back of the group Jake still looks concerned, "How can we trust theses people. The first people we have run into have tried to kill us, and apparently this boy. Now we will hand him over to the next people that show up?"
Oct 26, 2015 2:54 pm
Rothas shrugs. "If there are more of these bozos around, I'll be happy to tear them down."
Oct 26, 2015 6:28 pm
"Good, we have to check two more addresses, we recovered a list from another of the buggers. If you could help us by checking the address on Tern street, we'll go to Dogget Lane. If you don't see me again tonight, look for me tomorrow at Bann Nicola Baranti's Manor. There's a reward in it."

Without waiting, the guardsman hands a sheet to Rothas, and hurries off into the mist with the rest of his squad, leaving one slightly nervous guardsman behind, approaching sheepishly to Jake and the child. "Please sir, I can assure you that Bann Nicola is of the highest possible character, and the child will be treated as one of her own..."

Bray, and likely Lockley will know of Bann Nicola Baranti, she has an extensive history of humanitarian (and elfinitarian?) outreach in Denerim, she has occasionally even helped build orphanages and soup kitchens in the Alienage as well.
Oct 26, 2015 6:44 pm
Lockley passes this on. "Jake, she is known here for such acts. If you wish, we can check up on the child later."
Oct 26, 2015 6:49 pm
Jake reluctantly passes the boy along after hearing of her reputation. "As long as he is going into safe hands. What about the others? Shall we hurry to them?", he asks. Once again winded from the fight and feeling quite tapped out.
Oct 26, 2015 11:39 pm
I smile, happy to hear one who is so reputed for generosity taking the child in. "Let's continue to Tern Street. These cultists cannot be allowed to harm another innocent!"
Oct 27, 2015 1:23 am
"I was hopin' t' git some breakfast first but alright. Somethin's ALWAYS ruinin' me breakfast! If it's not some damned cult it's spiders an' goblins!"
Oct 27, 2015 4:18 am
Jake manages to regain some of his spent magical energy as they work their way to the next location.

Rolls

Regaining Mana (per DM) - (1d6+4)

(3) + 4 = 7

Oct 27, 2015 6:49 pm
Using the address on the note, you find your way toward the Tern street address. As you approach, nothing seems out of the ordinary at the house. The house is dark inside save for a single dim light, probably from a single candle.

Make a Perception(Seeing or Hearing) test.

Lockley may still refresh his mana as per 1 hour rest if desired.
Oct 27, 2015 6:54 pm
Jake does his best to see what is going on inside the residence.

Rolls

Seeing (Perception) - (3d6+1)

(543) + 1 = 13

Oct 27, 2015 9:13 pm
Grapthor, a little too short for the window, listens at the door.

Rolls

Listen - (3d6+1)

(156) + 1 = 13

Oct 27, 2015 9:51 pm
Lockley hangs toward the rear, and lets the armored folk proceed him. Nevertheless, he tries to see and hear what's going on.

Edit: 6SP, woot... I'll take the 4SP Exploration Stunt, The Upper Hand, and the 1SP stunt, Advantageous Positioning.
Last edited October 27, 2015 9:54 pm

Rolls

Regain mana - (1d6+3)

(6) + 3 = 9

Perception - (3d6)

(646) = 16

Oct 28, 2015 8:17 am
Rothas also tries to listen, to see if he can hear anything in the house.

Edit: Using the 3 Stunt Points to use "That Makes Me Wonder," this time listening to the area surrounding the house rather than the house itself.
Last edited October 28, 2015 8:21 am

Rolls

Perception (Listen) - (3d6+1)

(323) + 1 = 9

Perception (Listen) to surrounding area - (3d6+1)

(345) + 1 = 13

Oct 28, 2015 6:08 pm
As you approach the quiet looking house it becomes apparent to Jake and Grapthor that it isn't nearly as quiet as it looked. From inside the building they can hear what sounds like muffled cries for help, accented by banging sounds as if someone were beating on a door within the building. Grapthor also notices that the light doesn't seem to be flickering like a normal lamp light would.

Lockley, hanging in the back of the party, hears a sound from the alley behind the house. Rothas' sudden inspiration to explore the outside of the house alerts him to the sound of feet in the alley behind the house as well.

Okay, so we'll say that Grapthor hears this on his way to the window. Lockley you can let me know how you want your advantageous positioning to work out for you.

Let me know if you want to make any final adjustments to your positioning, and roll initiative. Lockley with your +3 bonus.

Map
Oct 28, 2015 7:13 pm
"There's trouble." Grapthor growls, and draws his battle-axe and mace.

Yeah, gonna try dual weapon style this time. Am I correct in understanding that I attack twice per round this way?
Last edited October 28, 2015 7:14 pm

Rolls

Initiative - (3d6+2)

(231) + 2 = 8

Oct 28, 2015 7:28 pm
Jake clutches his staff. He may have to rely more on his arcane lance if he wants to slow his drain on mana
Last edited October 29, 2015 3:54 am

Rolls

Dexterity (Initiative) - (3d6+1)

(121) + 1 = 5

Oct 28, 2015 7:54 pm
Made aware of possible danger by Grapthor, I ready my sword and shield.

Rolls

Dexterity (Initiative) - (3d6+2)

(245) + 2 = 13

Oct 28, 2015 8:21 pm
Lockley will be behind the others (relative to the alley) but facing the alley.

Rolls

Initiative - (3d6+3)

(212) + 3 = 8

Oct 29, 2015 3:33 am
Rothas is already gripping his axe, expecting trouble.

Rolls

Intiative (DEX + focus) - (3d6+5)

(632) + 5 = 16

Oct 29, 2015 5:50 am
While outwardly calm, there is clearly some sort of turmoil inside the house.

Rothas, you're up first.

Initiative Order:
Rothas 16
Bray 13
Lockley 8 (DD:2)
Grapthor 8 (DD:1)
Jake 5

Oct 31, 2015 8:23 pm
Rothas decides that there's more glory in a frontal assault and rescue! He rushes up and tries the door, hoping to fling it open and charge inside.
Nov 1, 2015 5:03 am
Seeing Rothas try the door, I prepare to follow him through while keeping an eye out, possibly peeking through a window if I happen to be near one.

Rolls

Perception - (3d6+2)

(332) + 2 = 10

Nov 2, 2015 4:32 pm
The door, as it turns out, is hanging open. Rothas' kick opens the door wide, and reveals a home invaded. You enter into the dining area of the small house, and four cultists are focused on a door to another room to the east. One of the cultists is waving his hands, preparing to cast a spell at the door. The steady, non flickering light seen previously is a small glowing orb over the mage's shoulder.
Nov 2, 2015 4:54 pm
Rothas screams "Not today, hellspawn!" as he brings the axe down (hopefully) on the caster's head.

Rolls

Two-handed axe attack - (3d6+5)

(361) + 5 = 15

Two-handed axe damage on a hit - (3d6+3)

(545) + 3 = 17

Nov 2, 2015 5:37 pm
I immediately follow Rothas into the house. Seeing there's a mage, I see him as the largest threat and I help Rothas cut him down.
"[OOC: Woohoo! First stunt! Ok if I can, I want to Dual Strike (4sp) to hit the cultist to my right, then Mighty Blow (2sp) on the mage. If the cultist aren't close enough for Dual Strike, then I'll use Mighty Blow, Pierce Armor (half armor), and Defensive Stance (+2 armor until next round).]
Last edited November 2, 2015 5:53 pm

Rolls

Attack - (3d6+3)

(446) + 3 = 17

Damage - (2d6+3)

(55) + 3 = 13

Mighty Blow - (1d6)

(2) = 2

Nov 2, 2015 8:22 pm
Rothas' storms past stunned cultists and buries his axe in the mage, disrupting his spell. Before the cultists can react, however, Bray follows up with a heavy wide slash that cuts the mage deep and follows through to his comrade.

Hits! Rothas and Bray hit the mage for 32 Net Damage! He's barely still standing. Bray also hits second cultist C1 for 13 Net Dam.

LOCKLEY is up!

MAP UPDATED
Nov 2, 2015 8:53 pm
OOC: Can Lockley see this inside mage from where he is standing? (Not sure where the door is on the map.)
Nov 2, 2015 9:31 pm
The door is at the Western edge of the northern wall. Lockley will have trouble seeing inside from where he is at the moment,but you could move to the door.
Nov 2, 2015 9:53 pm
Unaware of anything other than there is a battle going on inside, Lockley will edge towards the door so that he can see inside, but otherwise hold, keeping an eye on the back alley.
Nov 3, 2015 5:02 am
Grapthor charges into the house right on Bray and Rothas' heels. Leaping into the fray, he swings his mace at the mage's head.

Rolls

Mace attack (including Dual Style, 3rd die is Dragon) - (3d6+6)

(263) + 6 = 17

Damage - (2d6+3)

(43) + 3 = 10

Nov 3, 2015 3:45 pm
Seeing everyone pile in through the front door Jake realizes all of the other exits could easily allow one of these guys to escape. He takes off down the alley at full speed to get to the back of the house. "I'll watch the back", he shouts as he is already running down the alley way.

OOC: If I see anyone down the alley that looks menacingly I want to fire an arcane lance, otherwise just clear the distance to the back of possible.
Last edited November 3, 2015 3:45 pm
Nov 3, 2015 5:04 pm
There is a surprised cultist behind the house, he's about to run around to the front of the building. Go ahead and lance him.

Grapthor makes a mess if the mage's skull, like some sort of mace-melon collision.

Rolls

Bad guys initiative - (3d6+3)

(221) + 3 = 8

Nov 3, 2015 5:08 pm
An arcane lance arcs out of the staff towards the cultist.

Rolls

Magic (Arcane Lance) and Damage Roll - (3d6+4, 1d6+4)

3d6+4 : (654) + 4 = 19

1d6+4 : (5) + 4 = 9

Nov 3, 2015 6:16 pm
Seeing that the mage is out and bray is engaged with C1, Rothas spins and directs his next attacks at C2 to his left.

Stunts: Mighty blow, pierce armor, knock prone.
Last edited November 3, 2015 6:19 pm

Rolls

What did he want? I forgot to AXE (and damage on a hit) - (3d6+5, 3d6+3)

3d6+5 : (266) + 5 = 19

3d6+3 : (641) + 3 = 14

Mighty blow: additional damage - (1d6)

(5) = 5

Nov 5, 2015 4:58 pm
Crushing hit from Rothas on C2. The cultist is caught hard by the huge axe and stumbles over some dining room furniture and falls prone.

BRAY is up next!

Initiative Order:
Rothas 16
Bray 13
Cultists
Jake 5

MAP Updated
Nov 7, 2015 1:48 pm
I follow up my wide arcing attack with another swing at the cultist.
[OOC: attacking C3]
[Stunt: Defensive Stance +2 to my defense until next turn.]
Last edited November 7, 2015 1:49 pm

Rolls

Attack - (3d6+3)

(442) + 3 = 13

Damage - (2d6+3)

(13) + 3 = 7

Nov 7, 2015 2:34 pm
Lockley steps inside and fires an arcane lance at C3.

Rolls

Arcane Lance attack and damage (3rd is DD) - (3d6+3, 1d6+3)

3d6+3 : (645) + 3 = 18

1d6+3 : (4) + 3 = 7

Nov 7, 2015 5:08 pm
Bray's weapon slams into a kitchen counter as the cultist side steps Bray's swing. Before the cultist has a moment to gather himself, Lockley launches a lance if arcane energy into the cultist, burning into the man's armour.
Nov 7, 2015 5:40 pm
The Cultist in the centre of the home screams in surprise and rushes Grapthor, apparently only enraged at being covered in the mage's skull fragments.

He performs a furious attack routine, knocking aside the Dwarf's maul and stabbing into his armour.

( 5, 4, 5 ) Cultist hits hard, 5SP! Mighty Blow and Pierce Armour taken. Grapthor takes a whopping (15-2AV) 13 Damage!

Crashing into the dining room table and collapsing to the ground, the cultist Rothas knocked down struggles back to his feet. He attempts to retaliate at Rothas, cutting the elf, but doing little serious damage.

Rothas is hit for (7-4AV) 3 Damage.

The cultist in the kitchen tries feebly to stab at Bray, but misses badly, his head still reeling after taking the arcane lance to the chest.

Meanwhile, out in the alley, the recently lanced cultist rushes Jake, eager to drive off these meddlers. Jake's whirling staff isn't enough to parry the short sword however, and he finds purchase into the mage, drawing blood beneath Jake's tevinter clothing.

Jake is hit for 8 damage! *cough* Rock armour *cough cough*

Initiative Order:
Rothas 16
Bray 13
Cultists
Jake 5

Grapthor is up!

MAP updated

Nov 8, 2015 4:22 am
Grapthor grunts when he takes the hit. He swats aside the cultist's weapon with his battle axe, than brings his mace about with a crushing blow to the temple.
Last edited November 8, 2015 4:25 am

Rolls

Mace attack (including Dual Style, 3rd die is Dragon) - (3d6+6)

(235) + 6 = 16

Damage - (2d6+6)

(66) + 6 = 18

Nov 8, 2015 5:08 am
Jake reels back from the stab struggling to keep his footing. He tries to scream but all that comes out is a bloody cough. He instinctively does his best to heal the wound as he pulls his magical energy to his wound. He has done this before, but never for something this major.

His wounds seal back up fully and he turns tail and runs away.

Trying to run back to the front of the residence to put some space between me and the cultist.

OOC: I thought it was a 1 minute cast time for Rock Armor. So I would rather not stand around casting a spell while being stabbed to death. :)
Last edited November 8, 2015 5:10 am

Rolls

Healing (TN 10) (3 MP) - (3d6+4, 3d6)

3d6+4 : (611) + 4 = 12

3d6 : (416) = 11

Nov 8, 2015 5:27 am
Grapthor swings hard at the cultist, aiming for his head. Due to a misjudged angle, or perhaps because of his Dwarven stature, the blow instead strikes the cultist hard in the chest, cracking ribs and knocking the wind from the cultist.

Big hit for max damage. Cultist is still standing.

Jake's magical energies knit up the recent stab wound, and while still mildly light headed from blood loss, he manages to back track to the front of the house.

Initiative Order:
Rothas 16
Bray 13
Cultists
Jake 5

Rothas is up!

MAP Updated.
Nov 8, 2015 4:47 pm
Rothas laughs with delight as the battle joy takes over. How marvelous, to fight someone who can be knocked down and through furniture, and still come back for more!

Rothas gives him some more.

Rolls

The sound of one axe chopping, damage - (3d6+5, 3d6+3)

3d6+5 : (243) + 5 = 14

3d6+3 : (624) + 3 = 15

Nov 8, 2015 5:20 pm
Rothas strikes hard, but the fury of battle keeps the cultist fighting despite the tremendous damage the elf's axe is dishing out.

"Bray is up!
Nov 8, 2015 5:54 pm
Eager to put an end to the cultists, I take another stab at the man whose vile work we interrupted.
[Stunt: Attempt to Disarm cultist.]
Last edited November 8, 2015 5:58 pm

Rolls

Attack - (3d6+3)

(353) + 3 = 14

Damage - (2d6+3)

(54) + 3 = 12

Disarm opposed attack roll - (3d6+3)

(463) + 3 = 16

Disarm distance - (1d6+3)

(3) + 3 = 6

Nov 8, 2015 7:12 pm
Bray locks blades with the cultist and cuts him deep. He spins his blade attempting to wrest the blade from the cultist's hands.

... And tosses the cultist's weapon several yards away.

Lockley!

Rolls

Opposed attack roll - (3d6+5)

(162) + 5 = 14

Nov 8, 2015 9:22 pm
Lockley attempts to knock two of the cultists off balance, to protect his comrades, but also to keep the cultists from working together or fleeing. He centers his focus on a spot behind and between two of them, raises his fist in air, gathers his strength and then slashes his arm down, releasing his magic.
Mind Blast: Major action; circular blast of telekinetic force, 2 yd radius centered within 50 yards that can see, those caught in blast {C1 and C2} knocked prone and make a STRENGTH (MIGHT) test vs Spellpower {13} or cannot take a major action on next turn

Edit: 4SP. 3 points into Puissant Casting:Increase the Spellpower of your spell by 1 per stunt poing spent, to a maximum of 3. This makes Strength(Might) test vs 16.
Last edited November 8, 2015 9:26 pm

Rolls

Spell casting 3d6+3 (3rd is dd) vs TN 12 - (3d6+3)

(244) + 3 = 13

Nov 8, 2015 11:21 pm
Lockley's blast sends the two cultists flying, knocking them prone.

The cultist in front of Grapthor is sent careening into a cupboard, knocking his head and leaving him stunned.

Rolls

C1 strength test - (3d6+3)

(134) + 3 = 11

C2 strength test - (3d6+3)

(266) + 3 = 17

Nov 8, 2015 11:47 pm
The cultist in front of Rothas stands up, yet again, the fatigue of the battle showing behind his crazed eyes. He looks around for a way out, but finds only a wall of warriors between him and the door. In response he stabs out at Rothas again, hoping to get lucky. His wild thrust is successful and finds a gap in Rothas' defence and draws blood.

Hit for (11-4AV) 7 Damage!

The stunned cultist in front of Grapthor stands up and stumbles, looking around wide eyed trying to figure out where he is.

Bray's opponent, no worse for wear, but without his sword, pulls his dagger from his belt, and stabs at Bray, the secondary weapon catches Bray off guard, and the cultist stabs multiple times,driving the blade deep with his first swing drives it deep into the warrior's arm, testing his grip on his sword.

( 2, 2, 5 ) 5SP for the cultist. Lightning attack, disarm. Two hits! one for (10-4) 6 Damage, the second for 5. 11 Total. Bray make an opposed attack roll vs. roll below.

Outside the house, the cultist in the alley surprises Jake with his speed, catching up to the mage, and trying to finish the job he started previously. He hits the mage, stabbing surprisingly deep into the mage's soft armour.

Jake is hit for 9 damage.

Rolls

Opposed attack roll to disarm Bray - (3d6+5)

(656) + 5 = 22

If successful, launch distance toward Grapthor. - (1d6+3)

(5) + 3 = 8

Nov 9, 2015 3:14 am
Shocked again by the pain, but managing to keep his feet Jake pulls his magic in again. Willing his wounds to stitch. As his wounds seal again Jake rounds to the front of the house trying to call out, "Help! There's one chasing me!", a little embarrassed by having to sound so...incapable.
Last edited November 9, 2015 3:16 am

Rolls

Healing (10 TN) (2 MP) - (3d6+4, 2d6)

3d6+4 : (142) + 4 = 11

2d6 : (45) = 9

Nov 9, 2015 3:20 am
Taking advantage of the cultist's confusion, Grapthor swings his mace hard.

I bet that'll finish C1. If yes, then spending 4SP for Dual Strike (2nd target is C2)!
Otherwise, Seize the Initiative to go again vs C1.
Oh, and 1SP to Skirmish (unless C1 is still alive after potentially 2 hits, I'm heading out the door to help Jake)
Last edited November 10, 2015 4:32 pm

Rolls

Mace attack (including Dual Style, 3rd die is DD) - (3d6+6) - (3d6+6)

(655) + 6 = 22

Damage - (2d6+6)

(42) + 6 = 12

Nov 9, 2015 3:35 am
"HaHAHA! Honestly, of all you crazy cultists I've killed, you've given me the most entertainment. It's wonderful! Try this!"

With that, Rothas swings again - aiming this time!

Rolls

Axe to the neck, damage - (3d6+6, 3d6+3)

3d6+6 : (514) + 6 = 16

3d6+3 : (262) + 3 = 13

Nov 9, 2015 8:57 am
The second weapon does indeed surprise me, as well as the same tactic being used against me. Still, I fight on.
[OOC: If not disarmed, cool. If I am, then I draw my mace.]

Rolls

Opposed disarm - (3d6+3)

(653) + 3 = 17

Attack - (3d6+3)

(253) + 3 = 13

Damage - (2d6+3)

(21) + 3 = 6

Nov 10, 2015 4:28 pm
Hearing young Jake's cry for assistance, Lockley steps out of the house and, when he can see the cultist that is chasing Jake, closes his fist around his minds eye image of the cultist, willing the forces to close in around him.
Winters Grasp: Major Action; 3MP; range 20 yds; envelop target in cloud frost ice for 3 rounds; rnd 1: 1d6 penetrating DMG; rnd 2+: save CON(STAMINA) vs Spellpower(13) or 1d6 penetrating DMG and cumulative -2 Speed, but save ends spell

Rolls

Spellcasting roll and damge - (3d6+3, 1d6)

3d6+3 : (612) + 3 = 12

1d6 : (4) = 4

Nov 11, 2015 6:23 pm
Grapthor's maul smashes into the cultist's head, Crushing it with so little resistance that his swing is able to follow through into the cultist engaged with Rothas, killing that cultist as well with the heavy swing.

Bray draws his mace, but in the close quarters can't get a proper swing and misses his foe.

Lockley's spell freezes the advancing cultist, wrapping him in frost and pain.

Rothas may change his action if you want, I should have been quicker to resolve Grapthor's strike.

Cultists are next...
Nov 11, 2015 7:36 pm
Revision: if C3 is still on his feet, Rothas will step forward into Lockley's vacated position and apply that attack to C3. If not, then all the cultists inside are dead, correct?
Nov 12, 2015 5:41 am
Rothas strides across the corpses of his fallen foes, and strikes the cultist engaged with Bray in the corner. The blow cuts a huge gash into the cultist's shoulder, opening a bloody wound through the now exposed leather pauldron.

The cultist wastes no time, seeing his desperate situation, he furiously attacks at Rothas who just recently attacked him. He lunges and surprises the elf, driving a dagger into his midsection.

Rothas is hit for (10-4) 6 Damage. Down to 4 Health remaining.

The cultist outside finds himself wracked in the Lockley's frosty embrace, while slowed, he lumbers the few yards toward Jake and tries to finish the job.

( 2, 4, 4 ) Hits Jake for another 11 Damage and 4SP. Thinking to disrupt your foul magics by removing your staff, he'll attempt a disarm, and then knock prone. Contested attack roll below.

Initiative Order:
Rothas 16
Bray 13
Cultists
Jake 5

Grapthor is up!
Nov 12, 2015 8:01 am
Grapthor rushes out the door as fast as his short legs can carry him. Finding Jake engaged with a cultist and possibly about to lose his staff, Grapthor strikes the cultist with his mace.

Mace attack (including Dual Style, 3rd die is DD) - (3d6+6)
Damage - (2d6+6)

Rolls

(456) + 6 = 21

damage - (2d6+6)

(53) + 6 = 14

Nov 12, 2015 12:14 pm
Jakes struggles to keep hold of his weapon as the cultist clearly has an upper hand here.

I don't see your attack roll.

Rolls

Contested Staff Save - (3d6+1)

(455) + 1 = 15

Nov 12, 2015 3:14 pm
It was super stealthed...

Rolls

Opposed attack roll to disarm Jake - (3d6+5)

(341) + 5 = 13

Nov 12, 2015 3:18 pm
Grapthor rushes out and lays into the cultist standing over Jake, who somehow maintained his grip on his staff despite the brutal cut from the cultist's sword.

Grapthor hits him good.
I forgot to mention to Lockley that the cultist failed his save, so on your turn you can apply more damage to him.

Jake is up.
Nov 12, 2015 3:18 pm
Jake, saving his staff from being pulled away feels a slight inkling of control, despite the throbbing wound. He attempts to aid Grapthor in taking down this cultist. The bolt crackles with extra powerful magic.

Arcane Lance attack and using 2SP for Might Blow, adding 1d6 damage.
Last edited November 12, 2015 3:21 pm

Rolls

Arcane Lance vs Cultist - (3d6+4, 1d6+4)

3d6+4 : (252) + 4 = 13

1d6+4 : (1) + 4 = 5

Mighty Blow - (1d6)

(5) = 5

Nov 12, 2015 3:26 pm
Jake's lance melts a small hole on the increasing shroud of frost covering the cultist, sending him staggering, somewhat sluggishly backwards.

Good hit!
Back to Rothas
Nov 12, 2015 4:02 pm
Rothas goes cross-eyed for a moment as the cultist C3 hits him, then he blinks, grins, spits blood at the miscreant, and follows it up with a carefully aimed axe strike. The cultist's head flies from his body and rebounds off of the wall back towards them. Rothas head-butts it and it bounces back into the cultist's headless body. Both parts fall in a heap. Rothas gives a hearty laugh, covered in gore, and then knocks on the closed door it seemed like the cultists were trying to open. He calls, loudly enough to be heard through the wood: "Is all well in there?"
Last edited November 13, 2015 2:10 am

Rolls

Axe body spray, damage on hit - (3d6+6, 3d6+3)

3d6+6 : (432) + 6 = 15

3d6+3 : (444) + 3 = 15

Nov 18, 2015 3:22 pm
Rothas can hear some mild whimpering behind the door and some shushing sounds as if someone is trying to keep another quiet.

Bray's up, one cultist left standing outside...
Nov 19, 2015 12:34 am
OOC: Oops. Forgot about him.
After wiping brain and blood off me, I hear Jake's struggle outside and rush to aid.

Rolls

Attack - (3d6+3)

(361) + 3 = 13

Damage - (2d6+3)

(34) + 3 = 10

Nov 19, 2015 12:57 am
As Bray joins the fray, Lockley attempts to heal Jake.

Rolls

Ongoing penetrating damage to cultist - (1d6)

(3) = 3

Heal check (TN 10) on Jake, 2 MP - (3d6+3, 2d6)

3d6+3 : (342) + 3 = 12

2d6 : (42) = 6

Nov 20, 2015 4:29 am
Jake feels the magical surge of force flow into him and stitch his wounds closed. Thanks, Lock!, he says, grimacing as he can still feel the phantom pains of where his wounds just were.
Last edited November 20, 2015 4:29 am
Nov 20, 2015 5:22 am
"Those guys in robes are in no shape to harm you anymore. Can you open the door, or are you trapped in there?" Rothas says, calling through the door, probably louder than he needs to do.
Nov 20, 2015 8:30 am
I roughly pull my mace fee from the newly dead cultist's skull before letting him fall to the ground. I clasp Jake on the shoulder in silent congratulations before walking back inside and collecting my sword from the floor.
Nov 20, 2015 3:24 pm
"Who's there? Know that we won't let you take Jenny without a fight! My cousin's part of the Guard!"

The silence is telling however, and after a few moments you hear something being removed from the door and a nervous face peeks out behind a dull looking kitchen knife. The face pales as it witnesses the carnage that is in his kitchen.
"you... You killed them? What if others come? They said Jenny was a sinner, but how can she be a sinner when she's barely no longer a babe? "
Nov 20, 2015 3:33 pm
Though no longer bleeding Jake feels the dull soreness of his wounds. He would need to rest and heal again soon. He hobbles in after Bray. If more come, we will stop them too, he says, trying to sound confident but as he says it he shifts the wrong way and winces as more dull pain hits him.

Maybe, after a quick breather, of course.
Last edited November 20, 2015 3:33 pm
Nov 20, 2015 7:43 pm
Lockley will look over the rest of the team, plus the closeted refugees, and see if anyone is in bad shape to warrant immediate healing.
Nov 20, 2015 7:52 pm
Grapthor re-enters the house grinning despite his numerous wounds.

15/37 hp
Nov 20, 2015 8:37 pm
The elf continues to talk to the face at the door. "Jenny's no more a sinner than I am. These villains are going around stealing children tonight, and we're helping the town guard in stopping them. Please, come out and we'll escort you to Bann Nicola's house, where you'll be safe and cared for."
Nov 21, 2015 11:37 pm
Being the last one inside, I carefully close the door behind me, being respectful of this family and their home. I stand beside my comrades, nodding in agreement to their words toward the family. "It is true. For your safety, we implore you to take advantage of Bann Nicola's offer of hospitality." I look around at the room we battled in, surveying whatever mess and carnage we were part of. I then whisper to the other group members "Perhaps we should help dispose of the bodies after making sure of this family's safety."
Nov 23, 2015 5:33 pm
"Bann Nicola? We- we can go to her manor? But.." The frightened man hesitates for a moment, surveying the mess again. "'tis a good idea, they would have had our door down in no time if you'd not come by. We'll go along, best we find safety while these animals are about."

The man hurries his wife and daughter to the street outside, trying to shield the young girl from all the corpses. He then returns to the bedroom and collects a few things, and returns to wait outside with his family.

Good job team, some better rolls this time around. 300 xp each. What do you want to do next?
Nov 23, 2015 6:20 pm
After seeing the family ready themselves Jake asks his group, Should we see them safely there, or should we see how the guards are doing with the other location?

OOC: Did we ever get the next address? also taking a breather to get back 6 hp and 10 mp using the mental rest rule.
Last edited November 23, 2015 6:26 pm
Nov 23, 2015 6:35 pm
Quote:
If you could help us by checking the address on Tern street, we'll go to Dogget Lane. If you don't see me again tonight, look for me tomorrow at Bann Nicola Baranti's Manor. There's a reward in it."
All you know is the guards were headed to Dogget Lane. Bray & Lockley should be able to figure out where that is.
Nov 23, 2015 6:50 pm
"Let us escort them. We can back up the guards afterwards."
Nov 23, 2015 7:10 pm
"Please come with us; we'll make sure you get to the manor safely."

Rothas will help them out of the bathroom and past the slaughter. Is it just two of them?
Nov 23, 2015 7:33 pm
Rothas is curious about this Bann Nicola person, and wants to make sure the family arrives unmolested. It is certainly the first chance he, as an elf, would ever have had of seeing the inside of a manor. So he follows them out into the street, staggering a bit in his weakened condition but trying not to show it. He pauses for a moment to respond to Bray: "Yeah, see if there's anything on the bodies that could be useful in identifying them; I'm going to keep my eyes on this family so that more of these quatzkaws don't get them."

(OoC: ordinarily my characters would help with the bodies, but Rothas' primary motivation is in glorious battle, and cleaning up/searching dead bodies does not fit into that at all. The only way it would is if I make him collect bloody trophies, and I'm not particularly inclined in that direction - among other things, it would make his acceptance in polite society that much more difficult. What do you all think?)
Last edited November 23, 2015 7:35 pm
Dec 3, 2015 3:11 pm
On the cultist's bodies you find their weapons, short swords and daggers on each of them. The mage has a wand and a quarterstaff, as well as a rolled up piece of parchment in his pocket.

The note reads:
Quote:
Stilled Tongues Speak No Heresy! Bring to Mother Brianna. End of Cooper Lane.
The family is gathered and ready, do you still want to go to Bann Nicola's estate with them?
Dec 3, 2015 3:56 pm
Lockley looks at his companions after they read the parchment. "Is this where they are taking the children? We may have to move quickly." He shoos everyone out and makes for Bann Nicola's with all due haste.
Dec 3, 2015 4:08 pm
As we walk briskly to Bann Nicola's estate (hopefully someone inside gets the wand and staff before we go), Rothas will try to recall his mental map of the city; what's at the end of Cooper Lane?
Dec 3, 2015 6:28 pm
You remember that it is up in the northernmost area of the dregs, up against the city wall. Most of the dregs is filled with abandoned buildings and residential buildings. You can't recall any locations of note on Cooper lane.
Dec 3, 2015 6:28 pm
You remember that it is up in the northernmost area of the dregs, up against the city wall. Most of the dregs is filled with abandoned buildings and residential buildings. You can't recall any locations of note on Cooper lane.
Dec 5, 2015 1:58 pm
As we walk, Lockley will minister to Grapthor, the only one of us who seems wounded.
Edit: 6 stunt points: Ill reduce the mana cost to 0 and then cast another on Grapthor. DD is 3
Last edited December 5, 2015 2:02 pm

Rolls

Heal vs TN 10, 3MP - (3d6+3, 3d6)

3d6+3 : (215) + 3 = 11

3d6 : (226) = 10

Heal vs TN 10, 3MP - (3d6+3, 3d6)

3d6+3 : (416) + 3 = 14

3d6 : (254) = 11

Dec 9, 2015 1:33 pm
A quick note that I should have brought up earlier. It'll take a little while for you guys to cross the city to Bann Nicola's estate (her estate is near the Royal palace). Just so you're aware that it isn't just around the corner. It's still the wee hours of the morning, so the city is quiet, the round trip if you're rushing will take about an hour.

I'll advance you there shortly...
Dec 13, 2015 3:34 pm
The party makes there way across the bridge, and toward the Royal palace where Bann Nicola Baranti's manor is located.

Many of the city guard give you dirty looks as you enter into the Royal quarter, but non confront you and you reach the gates to house Baranti.
A guard at the gate challenges you: "Halt! What is the meaning of this? The Bann takes callers only in appointment, and by the looks of you, you aren't the type to make appointments with the the Bann... Move along"

On the horizon the beginnings of a sunrise is evident...
Dec 13, 2015 5:04 pm
"Braedon sent us. We've rescued this family from the cultists that have been doing foul work tonight, and have brought them here for shelter." Rothas will offer up the sheet of paper that Braedon gave to him as evidence that what he says is true.
Dec 14, 2015 1:16 am
The guard takes the note and examines it. "The captain left earlier in the night, had some servants prepare to receive guests. He hasn't returned though, do you know where he went?"
The guard opens the gate and gestures to bring the family inside. He sends a footman to run to the house to prepare quarters for the family.
"Did he go to this other address? Perhaps he ran into trouble? "
Dec 14, 2015 4:12 am
Rothas exchanges a look with the others, allowing himself to feel weary for a moment. Then he shakes himself and puts his hand to the haft of his axe again. "If they're not back, then who else can investigate unless it's us?"
Dec 14, 2015 4:28 am
Lockley eyes the guard, "This happen every night? Never mind. Come, let us make haste."
Dec 14, 2015 4:48 am
A nearby junior guard member looks astonished, "Of course this doesn't happen every bleedin' night! The captain usually isn't fool enough to go take care of things he'self, right unlike him." He puffs up his chest despite a worried look in his eyes.
Dec 14, 2015 5:02 am
Hoping that they've all had time to recover their wind during the peaceful escort, Rothas starts off at a trot for the address that the guard captain Braedon was going to investigate.
Dec 14, 2015 8:34 am
Nodding in agreement with Rothas and Lockley, I try not to imagine the worst. "We shall go to them. Perhaps they are merely delayed by the family's preparations to leave their home."
Dec 14, 2015 3:46 pm
The city is slowly coming to life as you make your way back to Foggett lane to investigate the address the Captain was headed to.

As you turn down Foggett lane you can see somewhat of a commotion, a crowd has gathered around a house, the same house, you soon realize that the Captain said he'd investigate. Ad you get closer the crowd parts somewhat for the heavily armed and blood soaked party that you are,and you can see corpses on the street and the door hanging ajar.
Dec 14, 2015 4:19 pm
"Braedon? Captain Braedon? Are you in there?" Rothas turns to the others and coughs a little. *I'm more hurt than I thought…* "We may be too late; if there's no one here, we should check at the house on Cooper Lane and find this "Mother Brianna" character…"
Dec 14, 2015 4:52 pm
There is no response to your hails from inside the house. Greeting you from within is a familiar sight, robed corpses lay strewn about amid evidence of a bloody battle.
Dec 14, 2015 6:15 pm
Rothas will quickly search the house. Is Captain Braedon among the dead? How about other guardsmen?

(OoC: What sort of a roll would I do to evaluate/investigate the scene to see if there are any clues as to what happened? In this instance, that isn't all that necessary, since have a clear next destination. But in general, what would I roll?)
Dec 14, 2015 6:49 pm
I think perception(searching) is the most appropriate for this sort of situation. Or cunning to piece together what happened. A roll won't necessary in this case however...
It's fairly clear what has happened in the house, the scene is all too familiar, a door to a bedroom looks as if it had been blasted from its hinges, and the body of a stout commoner lies on the other side, probably one of the residents who stood up to the cultists. In the main room three cultists in familiar robes lie dead, their pockets turned out as if they'd been searched. Heavy boot prints can be seen departing the domicile where they are lost in the commotion outside.
No guardsmen are among the corpses.
Dec 14, 2015 7:39 pm
Rothas emerges from the house. Braedon isn't here, but it's clear he was. It looks like they were too late, and may have followed the cultists. Let's try Cooper lane." Rothas makes as if to hurry across town, but coughs again. He pauses a moment and puts his hand on Lockley's shoulder to speak an aside.

spaceseeker19 sent a note to Qralloq
Dec 15, 2015 1:50 am
Lockley looks his friend in the eye, and says, "so no more, good friend, I have a sliver of energy left."

Edit: 3 SP, I'll reduce the cost by 1 MP, and cast another 1MP heal
Edit 2: Stunts on stunts, 5SP. However, can't use the same stunt twice in a round, so nothing to spend them on. 10 healing total.
Last edited December 15, 2015 1:55 am

Rolls

Healing Touch (TN 10), 3 MP, DD=3 - (3d6+3, 3d6)

3d6+3 : (663) + 3 = 18

3d6 : (134) = 8

Healing Touch (TN 10), 1 MP, DD=3 - (3d6+3, 1d6)

3d6+3 : (665) + 3 = 20

1d6 : (2) = 2

Dec 15, 2015 5:11 am
Rothas grins widely (as only an elf can) as he feels his wounds closing a little further and new energy flowing into him. He gives a little cackle of delight at being able to fight again, and claps Lockley on the shoulder again. Then he sets off for Cooper Lane at a trot.

(Back up to 16 HP! Wahoo!)
Dec 15, 2015 5:15 am
Everyone may take a breather as well to heal 6+CON, alternatively the Mages may choose to regain 6+MAGIC MPs as the trips around town have taken a fair amount of time.
Dec 15, 2015 2:09 pm
Grapthor grumbles as he trudges along, "I wish we could git some breakfast first before all this durn chasin' about town!"
Dec 16, 2015 5:02 pm
Rothas is about the chide the dwarf for grumbling about food when there's glory to be seized, but as the words are forming in his mouth, he realizes that he's ravenous, too. Rothas will slow to a fast walk, on the lookout for any early-morning street vendor they might pass on the way to Cooper Lane.

(OoC: In slowing down, hopefully that will count as a breather, and will regain 8 more HP)
Dec 16, 2015 5:20 pm
Lockley's stomach rumbles at the word breakfast, but then lurches with the thought of all the gore dripping from his companions. "I'm not eating until .. well, maybe ever again," he says grimly.
Dec 16, 2015 5:33 pm
You pass a sausage vendor on his way to the market, he seems suitably horrified at your current state, but is willing to trade a few pennies for a bit of a meal for whoever wants some.

After the brief snack, it's a short walk to Cooper Lane. The building at the end of the street looks like any other. It's made of stone, stands two storeys tall and is backed right up against the wall of the city. There is apparently only one door.

What’s your plan?
Dec 16, 2015 5:57 pm
Rothas is going to scan the house for tactical options. How much higher is the wall than the roof of the house? Is there an easy way onto the wall from here? Are there alleys or walks around the house which might lead to the side or back? If not, are any buildings adjacent or close enough to climb/jump across, or to at least look in upper windows? Are there windows facing the street on either level? Does it appear that there's anyone looking out of windows at us?

Rolls

Perception test, if needed - (3d6+1)

(312) + 1 = 7

Dec 27, 2015 9:13 pm
Lockley, never eager to enter an unfriendly door, hangs back, staff at the ready. The armored folk have more experience rushing into tight spaces, so he tries to keep an eye out for the unexpected. He scans the windows, the roof line, and then prepares to react to whatever fresh horrors await them.

"If they brought their captives here, they'll not part with them easily, and there may be many of them. Don't separate from each other too far, my friends."

Rolls

Perception (windows, roof) - (3d6)

(242) = 8

Dec 29, 2015 12:42 am
Jake, after his last mistake, is trying his best to control his temper and actions. I'll hang back for support this time. Being stabbed that many times was less than pleasant.
Jan 11, 2016 7:31 pm
Rothas continues to look for alternate means of entry. He realizes that a stealthy approach isn't as glorious as direct battle, hand to hand, but there are people to rescue, and saving others is also worthy of praise in itself. They're going in blind, and so he has nothing to work with in terms of bluffing his way in (his mind doesn't work that way, though something may occur to someone else in the party). If there was a way to scale the building or swing across from an adjacent building, he'd suggest that.

If no one suggests anything otherwise, after a few moments' consideration, Rothas will go up and try the door.
Jan 12, 2016 12:39 pm
Seeing Rothas begin to move for the door after our hesitation, I join him as backup.
Jan 16, 2016 6:46 pm
Lockley whispers: "It seems quiet in there. Are we sure we're at the right place?"
Jan 25, 2016 4:54 pm
Jakes adds, looking a little concerned, Maybe we're too late?
Jan 30, 2016 4:39 pm
"It seems like we have some time. I'd like to take this opportunity to talk to about the Circle of Magi. Have you considered taking the Chantry into your life as your personal saviour? We offer excellent benefits, including protection by (and from) the Templars, austere robe-fitting rooms, and access to some of the great libraries. Plus dental, although I haven't figured out what that is yet."
Jan 31, 2016 3:34 am
Circle of Magi? Aren't they like a cult?, Jake questions, taking a step away from Lockley.
Feb 27, 2016 4:13 pm
"You say cult, I say family. A family free from the dangers of apostacy. Aren't you tired of running, young Jake?"
Feb 28, 2016 2:47 am
"I do not run Lockley, I search. I've been searching for my father. I do not run. Not from danger, and not from the apostasy you fear", Jake says, taking a very stubbornly youthful, but chastising tone.
Mar 7, 2016 8:55 pm
You've spent the night in unexpected battles with strange cultists who seem determined to 'silence' innocent children for imagined future sins.
The cult seems to be following the pattern of the Chantry of the stilled tongue, which was supposedly destroyed many years previously.
Captain Braedon has enlisted your help, and after rescuing the family on Tern street, you've heard that Captain Braedon and his team still haven't been heard from after they went to investigate an address at Cooper lane.
Your party has arrived at Cooper Lane, facing a two story home that is backed right up to the city wall.
There is one entrance on the front of the building... What is your plan?

Okay team, so I dialled us back a little bit, let's have at her...
Mar 7, 2016 9:17 pm
Rothas tries to assess whether there's a way onto the roof, access to a window, or other way into the building other than the front door.
Mar 7, 2016 10:09 pm
On closer inspection, the building has a definite abandoned feel to it. The small windows on the second storey are boarded up.
It could be possible to climb onto a nearby building, or find a climbing path to one of the boarded windows using the stone walls.

Make a perception test, if you have a focus you feel would be appropriate, go ahead with it. The dragon die will help determine how good of an option you find.
Mar 8, 2016 2:32 am
Lockley shakes his head, and abandons the feeling that he should try and recruit Jake... for now. Instead, he watches Rothas with some trepidation and considers using a telekinetic blast to propel him upwards. No, I don't have enough control.

He watches Rothas, and watches the first floor windows for signs that someone is, in turn, watching them.
OOC:
Edit: haha, I guess that's a 10.
Last edited March 8, 2016 2:33 am

Rolls

Perception (3rd is DD) - (1d6, 1d6, 1d6)

1d6 : (4) = 4

1d6 : (1) = 1

1d6 : (5) = 5

Mar 8, 2016 3:06 am
Despite his recruitment attempts Lockley is probably the closest thing to a mentor at this time. Though he would never tell the wizard so. Do you think we should just storm the castle?, I ask Lockley, and the others.
Last edited March 8, 2016 3:11 am
Mar 8, 2016 4:18 am
"I don't believe now is the time for that action."
I survey the building for any signs.

Rolls

Perception test - (3d6+2)

(453) + 2 = 14

Mar 8, 2016 2:34 pm
The stone work is old and worn and would provide handholds for climbing, but it would be a Challenging (tn13) climb. The windows seem sealed from the ground, but without manual investigation, the integrity of the boards can't be discerned.
Mar 8, 2016 6:49 pm
Rothas considers. He's not inclined to be stealthy as a matter of course, but it would be glorious to be able to surprise these 'Stilled tongue' bastards...

While he takes a moment to consider whether an upstairs window or a frontal assault would be more glorious, he also checks the ground for any evidence that Braedon or other guardsmen have passed this way recently...
OOC:
What kind of stunts can one do with a perception test, if any? That's a lot of points!
Last edited March 8, 2016 6:50 pm

Rolls

Perception test - (3d6+1)

(266) + 1 = 15

Mar 8, 2016 9:05 pm
OOC:
I'd say if you can come up with a way to apply exploration stunts, you can do that.
Otherwise...
Rothas notices light shining from behind the main door, and shadows that seem to be passing somewhere beyond the door. The door also appears to be slightly ajar, as if it had been forced open recently, and efforts to close it have not been effective.
Mar 10, 2016 4:08 am
As the group is contemplating their choices Jake casts Rock Armor on himself, hoping not to relive his previous failure.

I fear we may be too late, where are the other guards?, Jake says, looking a little nervous. Let me see if I can sneak up there and find anything out.
OOC:
After taking the minute to cast Rock Armor Jake is going to move up the street to the house and try to peek in the front door, being as stealthy as possible.
Last edited March 10, 2016 4:09 am

Rolls

Stealth (Dexterity) (Last is DD) - (3d6+1)

(562) + 1 = 14

Mar 10, 2016 7:23 am
"No sneakin' or climbin' for me, thanks. I'm fee breakin' down that door. Jus' say the' word." Grapthor eyes the door intently, as if already breaking down the door with his glare.

Rolls

Perception test - (3d6+1)

(533) + 1 = 12

Mar 10, 2016 8:14 am
Rothas will use the stunts Advantageous Positioning (to have moved adjacent to the door), nodding at Jake and Grapthor and hissing "Someone's busted in the door. Let's follow!", followed by the stunt The Upper Hand as he throws open the door and steps inside.
Last edited March 10, 2016 8:15 am
Mar 10, 2016 3:48 pm
Jake slips up to the door, moving quietly. The group takes their positions, hearing nothing in the room beyond.
With an excited flourish, Rothas kicks in the door. Beyond the door the odour assaults the party's senses, and Rothas finds a dingy room with the floor covered in straw pallets, where probably a dozen people sleep.

Two cultists stand at the back of the room, they look ready for action, armed with large axes.
OOC:
roll initiative! I'd do it myself, but it's a bit clunky from my phone this morning. Don't forget Rothas' bonus, and Jake can take a +1 for stealth.

Rolls

Perception (inside) - (3d6+2)

Mar 10, 2016 4:15 pm
Jakes grip on his staff tightens as he steels himself for combat.

Rolls

Initiative (plus bonus ) (last is DD) - (3d6+2)

(216) + 2 = 11

Mar 10, 2016 4:55 pm
Lockley prepares to support the breachers.

Rolls

Initiative (DD=3) - (3d6)

(416) = 11

Mar 10, 2016 5:07 pm
I ready my sword and shield before busting in the door.

Rolls

Dexterity (Initiative) - (3d6+2)

(331) + 2 = 9

Mar 10, 2016 7:37 pm
"YEAH! COME AT ME!!!" Grapthor roars. Battleaxe in one hand and mace in the other, he is eager for another fight.

Rolls

Initiative (last is DD) - (3d6+2)

(461) + 2 = 13

Mar 11, 2016 1:14 am
Because I'm impatient (I know, hypocrite of the year :p) Here's Rothas' initiative:

Rolls

Rothas Initiative - (3d6+8)

(114) + 8 = 14

Mar 11, 2016 1:18 am
OOC:
The good news is, Rothas is still first after that awful roll... sorry
Initiative Order:
Rothas
Grapthor
Bad Guy 1
Jake
Lockley
Bad Guy 2
Bray

Rothas, you're up!!
Mar 11, 2016 6:07 am
Rothas cackles as he rushes the cultists. "Let's still these Stilled Tongues once and for all!"

Rolls

Axe attack on Bad guy 1, damage on a hit - (3d6+5, 3d6+3)

3d6+5 : (224) + 5 = 13

3d6+3 : (433) + 3 = 13

Mar 11, 2016 4:36 pm
Rothas catches one if the cultists flat footed and cuts into his arm as he tries to raise his own axe.
It's immediately evident that this man is far more heavily armoured than the cultists encountered earlier in the night...
OOC:
Good hit! GRAPTHOR is up!

Edit:Rothas, go ahead and stunt it up!
Mar 12, 2016 10:36 pm
Grapthor charges in attacks the same man Rothas hit. The dwarf swing his mace hard, aiming for the kneecaps.
OOC:
Sorry, damage roll modifier is incorrect. It's +3, not +6.
Last edited March 12, 2016 10:37 pm

Rolls

(425) + 6 = 17

damage - (2d6+6)

(64) + 6 = 16

Mar 12, 2016 11:11 pm
The cultist staggers as the mace connects soundly. The cultist quickly gathers himself and swings back at the dwarf with his great axe.

Rolls

Attack!

Damage

Mar 12, 2016 11:15 pm
Grapthor takes a sound shot to the shoulder from the large two handed axe.
OOC:
Grapthor takes 9 net damage.
Jake is up! Then Lockley. Also if Rothas wants to spend those stunt points before his next go-round.
Mar 12, 2016 11:21 pm
Jake sees the dwarf get hit and fires an arcane Lance at the cultist who hit him.

5sp - Lethal attack. Add 2d6 to the damage.
Last edited March 12, 2016 11:24 pm

Rolls

Arcane Lance to hit - (3d6+4)

(535) + 4 = 17

Damage - (1d6+4)

(4) + 4 = 8

Lethal Attack Damage - (2d6)

(42) = 6

Mar 13, 2016 12:59 am
Lockley attempts to slow up the other cultist.
OOC:
Winters Grasp: Major Action; 3MP; range 20 yds; envelop target in cloud frost ice for # rounds = MAG = 3; rnd 1: 1d6 penetrating DMG; rnd 2+: save CON(STAMINA) vs Spellpower=13 or 1d6 penetrating DMG and cumulative -2 Speed, but save ends spell
6 SP => PUISANT(3): Add three to spellpower, and MIGHTY: +1d6 DMG if fails
Last edited March 13, 2016 1:34 am

Rolls

Winters grasp - (3d6+3)

(646) + 3 = 19

Mar 13, 2016 8:55 pm
OOC:
Lockley, your first dose of damage goes through without a saving throw. I'll let the stunt hold on if the cultist fails the save on his turn (next).

Go ahead and roll the extra d6 damage, you'll get to add it at least once as Cultist 2 won't try to save until his turn.
Mar 13, 2016 9:03 pm
The cultist reels as the frosty air swirls around him, the cultist tries to power through the frosty cloud, but it is thickening too rapidly. (Save 12 vs 16 spellpower: FAIL!) The frost builds up on the cultist's armour and skin, causing vicious frost bite.
OOC:
Lockley, roll another 2d6 frost damage for this frosty fool.
The cultist moves toward Rothas, seeing his compatriot attacking Grapthor. He swings his now frosty blade at Rothas (18 vs Def 13: HIT). Rothas is hit for a staggering 9 Net Damage.
OOC:
Initiative Order:
Rothas
Grapthor
Cultist 1
Jake
Lockley
Cultist 2
Bray

Bray is up, followed by Rothas again. Cultist 1 is engaged with Grapthor, and Cultist 2 is being slowly frozen to death and is engaged with Rothas.
Mar 13, 2016 9:29 pm
Ice damage

Rolls

Rime smite - (2d6)

(31) = 4

Mar 14, 2016 12:29 am
...Rothas continues his swing, trying to hit the other cultist.
OOC:
Using "Dual Strike" with the four stunt points from earlier this round (sorry for the delay)...

Rolls

If a 13 attack hits, then this is the damage - (3d6+3)

(532) + 3 = 13

Mar 14, 2016 12:51 pm
As he takes the hit, Grapthor roars and retaliates. Having bashed the cultist's kneecap with his mace, Grapthor now whips his battleaxe at the cultist's ribcage...
OOC:
Spending 4sp for Seize the Initiative!
...and lines up another hit with mace on the cultist's groin!
OOC:

Typo in the roll reason below: the second attack (after Seizing the Initiative) is a mace attack and not a battleaxe attack (it matters because Grapthor has Focus on bludgeons).
Ok, that's another 3sp. I want to use 2sp for Mighty Blow unless the cultist is already out of commission, in which case I'll spend 1sp for Skirmish and 2sp for Defensive Stance.
Last edited March 14, 2016 3:13 pm

Rolls

Battleaxe attack (including Dual Style, 3rd die is DD) - (3d6+4)

(355) + 4 = 17

damage - (2d6+3)

(64) + 3 = 13

Battleaxe attack (including Dual Style and Focus, 3rd die is DD) - (3d6+6)

(343) + 6 = 16

damage - (2d6+3)

(33) + 3 = 9

Mighty Blow - (1d6)

(2) = 2

Mar 14, 2016 1:12 pm
I help Grapthor with the unfrozen cultist.
OOC:
4 stunt points used: defensive stance and mighty blow
Last edited March 14, 2016 1:27 pm

Rolls

Attack Cultist 1 - (3d6+3)

(655) + 3 = 19

Long sword damage - (2d6+3)

(44) + 3 = 11

Mighty Blow - (1d6)

(2) = 2

Mar 15, 2016 4:31 am
Bray finds an opening in the occupied Cultist's defences and connects with a brutal slash. The cultist spits blood and favours his wounded side for a split second before slightly regaining his composure.
OOC:

Good hit from Bray

Rothas is up.

Cultist One is egaged with Grapthor, Rothas, and bray. He has also been bombarded with arcane lances. He yet lives only for the virtue of his heavy armour.

Cultist 2 is freezing in a swirling, frozen cloud and has taken a shot from Rothas.

Initiative Order:
Rothas
Grapthor
Cultist 1
Jake
Lockley
Cultist 2
Bray

Grapthor, your action will technically take place after Rothas' next post as his previous post was retroactively applying his dual strike damage.

I'll keep your mighty groin smash, unless something happens that makes it impossible.

Mar 15, 2016 4:14 pm
Rothas lashes out again and again with his axe.

Edit: With the 5 stunt points, Rothas will use the Pierce Armor and Lightning Attack stunts.
Last edited March 15, 2016 4:15 pm

Rolls

Axe attack, damage - (3d6+5, 3d6+3)

3d6+5 : (535) + 5 = 18

3d6+3 : (353) + 3 = 14

Lightning attack with axe, damage - (3d6+5, 3d6+3)

3d6+5 : (661) + 5 = 18

3d6+3 : (114) + 3 = 9

Mar 19, 2016 10:57 pm
Rothas smashes the cultist hacking away at the cultist like he's a feast day fire log. His first strike bypasses the majority of the cultist's armour, and uses the opportunity presented by the staggered foe to deal another chop, this one less severe, but damaging nonetheless.
Mar 19, 2016 11:12 pm
Grapthor smashes his mace into the cultist's rob cage and the man spits up more blood.
He turns to Grapthor and snarls through blood: "you will serve as a suitable offering to Mother Brianna..."
He then swings his axe in a last ditch effort to strike the dwarf.

Grapthor is hit for a brutal 13 damage!
OOC:
note:when Grapthor seized the initiative, he moved to the top of the initiative order, he doesn't necessarily get to attack again immediately.

Jake is up!

Rolls

Cultist attack

Cultist damage

Mar 20, 2016 3:51 am
Jake lobs another arcane lance at the cultist that just hit Grapthor. Stop hitting my friends!, I shout as the bolt flies.
OOC:
Stunt Spend:

4 SP - Seize the Initiative (take top of the initiative order)
1 SP - Skirmish (knock the target back 2 yards)
Last edited March 20, 2016 3:53 am

Rolls

Arcane Lance (Magic (Arcane Lance)) - (3d6+4)

(455) + 4 = 18

Arcane Lance Damage - (1d6+4)

(3) + 4 = 7

Mar 20, 2016 4:23 am
Jake's lance finds the cultist's torso, burning a hole through his cloak, but leaving only charred metal armour underneath. The blow does, however, surprise the cultist, sending him staggering back away from Grapthor.
OOC:
Initiative Order:
Jake
Grapthor
Rothas
Bad Guy 1
Lockley
Bad Guy 2
Bray

Lockley is up!
Mar 21, 2016 4:18 pm
Lockley steps forward, cautiously getting close enough to Grapthor to attempt to heal him. The chaotic swings of the axes concern him, but he sees a chance and darts forward.

Edit: 5 sp -> 2xskillful casting, reducing mana cost by 2
Last edited March 21, 2016 4:19 pm

Rolls

Heal check (TN 10) and effect (3MP) - (3d6+3, 3d6)

3d6+3 : (535) + 3 = 16

3d6 : (235) = 10

Mar 24, 2016 2:31 pm
Grapthor feels his wounds knit up and some pain fade away as Lockley touches the Dwarf.

The other cultist, still wrapped in frost attempts to free himself from the swirling pain.
Either way, the cultist advances, attempting an axe swing against Rothas to help his brutally wounded comrade.

The cultist swings wide slashing into Grapthor amd Rothas, dealing 13 and 14 damage respectively.

Stunts:dual strike(cultist has stunt focus for 3sp), into grapthor, and mighty blow
OOC:
Bray is up!

Rolls

Con(stamina) Save vs spellpower 16 - (3d6+3)

(235) + 3 = 13

Attack roll - (3d6+7)

(525) + 7 = 19

Damage - (3d6+5)

(551) + 5 = 16

2d6 winters grasp damage - (2d6)

(64) = 10

Mighty blow damage - (1D6)

(2) = 2

Apr 23, 2016 8:41 am
OOC:
omg we've been waiting on me. I am so so sorry. Did not realize it was my turn.
Attempting to take advantage of the cultist focusing on Rothas and Grapthor, I strike from behind.

Rolls

Attack - (3d6+3)

(615) + 3 = 15

Long sword damage - (2d6+3)

(35) + 3 = 11

You do not have permission to post in this thread.