Blood in Ferelden: Chapter 1

load previous
Oct 22, 2015 11:46 am
Grapthor can't believe it, but the thrice-buggered cultist he just smashed is still on the move, and taking the damm child with him!

Rolls

Perception TN 11 - (3d6+1)

(526) + 1 = 14

Oct 22, 2015 7:12 pm
Grendelthebrave sent a note to Jabes.plays.RPG
The cultist accelerates, somehow, thought he is clearly favouring the leg that took the mighty shot from Grapthor's maul.

The cultist is now 24 yds from Grapthor: Major action: Run.
Oct 22, 2015 7:19 pm
Can Jake still see the fleeing cultist, or would it be possible if I moved on my turn to see him again?
Oct 22, 2015 7:23 pm
If you moved you'd be able to see him. There would be a -1 to hit, for ranged attacks/spells, but you'd be able to tell where he is.
Oct 22, 2015 7:33 pm
Lockley, frustrated at his failures, tries to Heal Bray again. "Please, friend, come back to us!"

Edit: 3SP woot! I'll reduce the mana cost by 1
Last edited October 22, 2015 7:36 pm

Rolls

Heal check TN 10 - (3d6+3)

(353) + 3 = 14

Heal roll - (3d6)

(511) = 7

Oct 22, 2015 7:45 pm
Seeing Lockley up and crouching over Bray, Rothas readies his bow and sprints after the cultist who's just run off with the boy into the mist. He's trying to see if he can catch up, with the thought of sending an arrow into the villain if he can get close enough.

minor: ready his bow, major: run (speed is 14)

(edit for clarity: I'm trying to get C4, who just ran off with the boy, not chasing after the leader who vanished earlier)
Last edited October 22, 2015 9:06 pm
Oct 22, 2015 8:15 pm
"We've got more bloody company!" Grapthor growls, maul pointed in the direction the cultist fleeing.
Last edited October 22, 2015 8:16 pm
Oct 22, 2015 8:42 pm
Jake moves forward and again can just barely make out the outline of the cultist carrying the boy. His final effort, another bolt appears, at his hand. It sails through the mist towards the cultist.

Minor: Move
Major: Arcane Bolts
2SP - Mighty Spell Stunt
Last edited October 22, 2015 8:53 pm

Rolls

Cast Arcane Bolt (at -1, TN10) - (3d6+3)

(322) + 3 = 10

Spell damage (2d6+Dragon Die) - (2d6+2)

(33) + 2 = 8

Mighty Spell Stunt Damage - (1d6)

(3) = 3

Oct 22, 2015 9:52 pm
Jake's bolt catches the fleeing cultist in the back, and Jake sees his silhouette slump in the obscuring mist. A slight gargling moan comes from the child as he hits the ground.
Grendelthebrave sent a note to PhantomNimbus
Oct 22, 2015 9:56 pm
Jake tries to listen for more movement.

Rolls

Perception - (3d6+1)

(152) + 1 = 9

Oct 22, 2015 9:59 pm
The child's moaning dominates your senses at the moment.
Oct 22, 2015 10:06 pm
Grapthor strides forward towards the child, eyes seeking out incoming threats.

Rolls

Perception - (3d6+1)

(362) + 1 = 12

Oct 22, 2015 10:36 pm
My skin tingles as Lockley's magic closes my wounds. I recognize the sensation from when my arm was healed earlier. Feeling reinvigorated, my eyes snap open and I flash the mage an appreciative smile. With a grunt, I stand up. "The child. Where is he?"
Last edited October 22, 2015 10:36 pm
Oct 23, 2015 3:12 am
Jake runs to the downed cultist and the boy and scoops him up in his arms. "Boy, boy. Do you hear me?", I ask as I shake him a bit to see if he responds.

Unsure what focus it would be but I want to make a lore check to see if I can determine anything about this boy's condition. As far as I know I don't have any particular focus that would help. If it is arcane or cultural I should look into I will get an extra +2 to my roll results.

Rolls

Cunning (Lore) Test - (3d6+2)

(215) + 2 = 10

Oct 23, 2015 5:18 pm
The boy's eyes open again, and he tries to scream, but the sound is - wrong - somehow. As he slowly calms himself, you can tell that the boy cannot speak properly, and the blood around his mouth suggests something horrible, that the boy's tongue has been cut out!
You scan your memory, but can't think how anyone could be so barbaric as to do this to a child.

Grendelthebrave sent a note to unique_exemplar
Grendelthebrave sent a note to Jabes.plays.RPG
Oct 23, 2015 5:37 pm
Heartbroken, my face falls as I see what I was afraid of. I plead to our two resident mages, searching for some hope. "Can't you do anything? You've performed other miracles. Surely, you can help his poor boy!"
Oct 23, 2015 5:40 pm
My powers can mend, and Lockely has already mended the boy, but we can not restore what has been lost. However, I fear it isn't safe here anymore. Some of those cultists got away, and I'm sure they'll be back for the boy. Does anyone know anywhere safe in this city we can hide out. My power is almost tapped out", Jake explains, still holding the boy, and looking extremely winded and drained.
Oct 23, 2015 5:59 pm
"I'm familiar with the city. Let me take us to a safe spot." Lockley tries to think of a suitable spot, discrete and secure. Places associated with the Circle and the Templars are probably a bad place to take Jake, and he is reluctant to involve his family unless he has no other options. He will try to think of a good location, maybe an inn, that would be safe for all of them.

Rolls

Cunning test - safe houses - (1d20+2)

(13) + 2 = 15

Cunning test - can a severed tongue be healed - (1d20+2)

(16) + 2 = 18

Oct 23, 2015 7:23 pm
From the mists beyond, the sounds of footsteps grows louder until from the mist emerge four men in heavy mail, carrying swords in hand.
They stop when they see the body of the cultist and the child, and the man in the lead speaks: "I'm Braedon, captain of Bann Nicola Baranti's house guard. Were there more of them? We learned these bastards were out again tonight. We weren't fast enough to stop the first kidnapping. Thank the Maker they stumbled upon you lot."
Braedon brandishes a piece of paper with four addresses on it, "There are two more groups out there, and no time? Who are you people? Can you help?"

Unfortunately, as far as Lockley knows, severed body parts can not be reliably healed. You can think of an appropriate Inn that usually has room and doesn't ask questions. (You can name it)

Great, and brutal battle before! Everyone take 300xp for a hard fought victory.
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.