Blood in Ferelden: Chapter 1

load previous
Oct 18, 2015 12:51 am
Jake suddenly sees Lockley go down next to him and a cultist standing over him with a blood covered sword. "Lockley! Hang on tight", he shouts out as another bolt starts to form from his hand now pointed at the cultist over Lockely. He knows he needs to get rid of that guy if he wants any chance of getting safely to Lockely, as his hand flashes white suddenly an audible pop is heard and the magical energy dissipates.

"No no no, not now!", Jake says looking terrified now.
Last edited October 18, 2015 12:53 am

Rolls

Arcane Bolt (TN10) - (3d6+4)

(111) + 4 = 7

Oct 18, 2015 6:50 am
Grapthor is torn between finishing off the cultist leader or going to his friends' aid. Reluctantly, he lets the fleeing cultist go, and charges the two cultists threatening Lockley and Bray.

Minor Action: move.
Major Action: melee attack.
4SP: Dual Strike - hit both C4 & C3.
Two-hander style: both cultists are knocked back 2 yards towards top of the map.
Last edited October 18, 2015 6:54 am

Rolls

Attack (STR 3 + Focus: Bludgeons, third die is Dragon die) - (3d6+5)

(644) + 5 = 19

Damage - (2d6+6)

(61) + 6 = 13

Oct 18, 2015 7:06 am
Grapthor dashes in, catching the cultist towering over Lockley's barely conscious form. His maul launches out in a thrusting motion, catching the cultist, and sending him forcefully into his comrade behind him. Both are sent staggering back in the alley.

Nice! Both cultists are pushed back. (1st damage on C3 for the record) MAP is updated.

Bray! You're up!

Cultists are after you! What will they do?

Initiative Order:
Bray [7/36]
Cultists
Lockley[0/26]
Rothas [26/38]
Jake [22/22]
Grapthor [33/37]
Oct 19, 2015 4:59 pm
I take another stab at the cultist in front of me, hoping to take at least one of them out. Fewer targets would help the group. Focus on one at a time. I repeat to myself.
[OOC: Woohoo! Finally got a stunt. Going to do Mighty Blow and Disarm.]
Last edited October 19, 2015 5:03 pm

Rolls

Attack - (3d6+3)

(444) + 3 = 15

Damage - (2d6+3)

(55) + 3 = 13

Mighty Blow - (1d6)

(5) = 5

Disarm check - (3d6+3)

(213) + 3 = 9

Knock enemy weapon away (distance) behind me - (1d6+3)

(3) + 3 = 6

Oct 19, 2015 5:28 pm
Bray catches the cultist lunging and spins to the side. With an upward swing he catches the cultist in the arm pit, chopping off his arm at the shoulder, sending it and the short sword in its clutches flying behind him, sailing over Lockley's unconscious form.

First kill to Bray! Cultist's are up will post for them in a bit.
Oct 19, 2015 7:38 pm
The cultist engaged with Rothas grins wickedly and resumes his assault, "You won't stop us, we'll cut our way through you and she'll still get the child!" He cuts in low at Rothas, but most of the damage is absorbed by his armour.

Rothas is hit for (8-4) 4 Damage.

The cultist leader continues his flight, running away down the street, and is lost in the mist before long.
2 minor actions to move, he's no longer visible.

Bray's opponent, knocks his shield asideand thrusts with his short sword, fuelled by rage at seeing his comrade go down in such bloody fashion. The thrust drives hard into Bray's chest, and he feels his legs give out under him.

The only result that could have dropped you. [( 6 ) + 5 = 11 ] 11-4AV=7 Damage! Bray drops and will die in 5 rounds unless helped.

The Cultist that Grapthor sent flying snarls and lunges at the surly Dwarf. His stab finds a chink in Grapthor's armour, stinging painfully into the dwarf. He twists the sword around, trying to force the Dwarf's maul from his hands Grapthor proves too strong, however and maintains his grip.

( 4, 4, 6 ) 6SP! Mighty Blow, Pierce Armour, and Disarm (Failed). Hits for 10-2AV=8 Damage

Initiative Order:
Bray [0/36] 5 rounds to go
Cultists
Lockley[0/26] 1 more round
Rothas [17/38]
Jake [22/22]
Grapthor [25/37]

LOCKLEY(speaking only)/ROTHAS is up. Lockley will Perish when his turn comes around again if no healing is applied!

MAP Updated

Rolls

Grapthor's opposed attack roll - (3d6+5)

(563) + 5 = 19

Oct 19, 2015 8:00 pm
"Jake! Help Lockley!" Rothas screams, swinging his axe around and over his head, attempting to split his attacker like so much firewood. He continues to pant curses at this...freaking...cultist...whom...he...can't...hit....
"That's a lot of talk, dog! I'm just playing with you, while all your friends die. I'm saving you for last!"

(OOC: note that Rothas should be listed as having 17 health)
Last edited October 19, 2015 8:10 pm

Rolls

Attack with 2H axe - (3d6+5)

(521) + 5 = 13

Damage on blasted cultist - (3d6+3)

(443) + 3 = 14

Oct 19, 2015 8:09 pm
Jake looks terrified seeing his magic fail him when he needs it most but snaps back to the fight as Grapthor barrels into the cultist. "On it, keep them off us", he drops to his knees next to Lockely, seeing blood spilling out of him. "C'mon old man, don't leave me like this."

He holds out his hands over the mages body. The magical surge is so powerful that he feels an aura of magic come over him.

[ OOC: Spending three MP to do a big heal.

Edit: Never mind, only 3 SP. I'll take a defensive aura that grants me +2 defense for the round. Disregard other rolls. ]
Last edited October 19, 2015 8:24 pm

Rolls

Heal vs TN10 - (3d6+4)

(353) + 4 = 15

Heal Lockley - (3d6)

(535) = 13

Heal Bray vs TN10 - (3d6+4)

(535) + 4 = 17

Heal Bray - (3d6)

(234) = 9

Oct 19, 2015 8:16 pm
The healing energies close up the nasty wound to Lockley's abdomen, and with a coughing sputter, feels his strength returning.

Big heal from Jake! Grapthor is up next.
Oct 20, 2015 4:04 am
Grapthor winces when he takes the knife wound but grins when the cultist's feeble attempt to disarm him fails. The dwarf heaves his maul at the cultist's kneecaps. With a sickening crunch the heavy weapon splinters the man's legs like twigs. Grapthor hardly gives the man a thought, leaving the cultist to bleed to death asthe dwarf sets his sights on the next foe.
Major Action: Melee attack vs C4
Minor Action: Aim
2SP: Pierce Armor
Last edited October 20, 2015 10:59 am

Rolls

Attack vs. C4 (STR 3 + Focus: Bludgeons, third die is Dragon die) - (3d6+5)

(552) + 5 = 17

Damage - (2d6+6)

(66) + 6 = 18

Oct 20, 2015 4:50 am
Grapthor's sound strike to the cultist's knees ensures that this man will never walk again, as he removes the man's leg at the joint, catching the exposed gap in his armour.

I'll leave it up to you Grapthor if you want to finish this guy off with a dramatic description, otherwise he's definitely dead.
Bray! You may talk if you want. Else I'll be posting the cultists in the morning.
Oct 20, 2015 10:01 am
The cultist knocked away my shield, but the real surprise was the sound I heard. Had I made that sound? It was like a wet grunt or choking sound. Glaring at the cultist, the world blurs and suddenly tips to the side. Why had I fallen? Did he trip me? I hadn't felt a kick. I ... can't feel anything I try to speak but it only comes out as that same grunt as before. I can't .... I can't move. Everything is so heavy. The fight must have been going on longer than I thought. Night was falling. Why hadn't anyone lit a torch yet? It was so dark... and cold.
Oct 20, 2015 6:34 pm
The cultist sneers at Rothas' insults, and stabs in with his short sword, and connects, drawing a small amount of blood through the elf's heavy leather armour.
Cultist hits for (9-4AV) 5 Damage.

The remaining cultist, seeing his comrades cut down, and having removed the threat that was Bray, kicks the warrior's limp form over and picks up the child and throws him over his shoulder. He makes a break back the way they came, and is now barely visible in the fog.

Initiative Order:
Bray [0/36] 5 rounds to go
Cultists
Lockley[13/26]
Rothas [12/38]
Jake [22/22]
Grapthor [25/37]

Lockley is back! Prone, but alive. You're up!

MAP updated.
Oct 21, 2015 12:13 am
Lockley rises to a crouch and reaches for Bray. His hand glows with magic briefly before he flinched forward, forcing the magic deep into Bray's body.
Heal, 3MP

Rolls

Heal Check - (3d6+3)

(213) + 3 = 9

Heal effect - (3d6)

(366) = 15

Oct 21, 2015 12:25 am
Lockley is still bleary from his recent brush with death and his spell fizzles.

TN 10 for heal. Rothas! Kill that guy!
Oct 21, 2015 12:34 am
Rothas cackles...weakly.
"heh-heh-heh...looks like your friends have all abandoned you, bub! Your time has come!"
Rothas sincerely tries to end him (aiming as a minor action).

Assuming a 17 hits, I've got 5 stunt points.
Stunt: Lightning attack (3)
Stunt: Piercing attack (2)

Third roll is for my second attack on this bozo.
Fourth roll is damage.

The axe whirls around and carves through Rothas' opponent's armor and his torso underneath, effectively eviscerating the cultist. As he sags forward, the brutal elf brings the axe around again and lops off the robed figure's head. Heavily winded, Rothas steps back to avoid the splash and looks to see how the rest of the party fares while he catches his breath for a moment.
Last edited October 21, 2015 6:06 am

Rolls

Attack with 2H axe (aiming as minor) - (3d6+6)

(335) + 6 = 17

Damage on a hit - (3d6+3)

(356) + 3 = 17

Second attack (lightning attack stunt) with 2H axe - (3d6+5)

(166) + 5 = 18

Damage on a hit with axe - (3d6+3)

(534) + 3 = 15

Oct 21, 2015 3:27 am
"No, the boy", Jake mutters as he sees the cultist fleeing. He can just make out his form running into the distance. He takes a deep breath trying his best to focus all of his energy. Another bolt starts to form in his outstretched palm. "C'mon, don't fail me this time."

As he fires the bolt he feels his power surge again and another bolt starts to form but fizzles before it can fly.

[ OOC: I'm 'concentrating' which should add +1 to my normal +4 for casting. Is that right?

4 spell points to cast another spell. Since that fizzled I'll use my other two stunt points to add an extra d6 to the first bolt. ]

"Stop him, don't let them take the boy!", he shouts to the others.
Last edited October 21, 2015 3:33 am

Rolls

Arcane Bolt vs TN10 - (3d6+5)

(666) + 5 = 23

Damage for first bolt - (2d6+6)

(15) + 6 = 12

Cast second bolt vs TN10 - (3d6+4)

(131) + 4 = 9

Bonus d6 damage for first bolt - (1d6)

(1) = 1

Oct 21, 2015 8:35 pm
Rothas obliterates the cultist in front of him, and Jake catches the fleeing cults with a hard shot to his back as he runs with the child.

"Grapthor! You're up,
Oct 22, 2015 5:29 am
Grapthor chases after the fleeing cultist and aims a sweeping blow to the man's legs.

Minor Action: Move
Major: Charge
4SP: Seize the Initiative - which means I go again!
Last edited October 22, 2015 5:38 am

Rolls

Attack (STR 3 + Focus: Bludgeons, third die is Dragon die) - (3d6+5)

(225) + 5 = 14

Damage - (2d6+6)

(63) + 6 = 15

Attack (third die is the Dragon die) - (3d6+5)

(331) + 5 = 12

Damage - (2d6+6)

(31) + 6 = 10

Oct 22, 2015 6:45 am
The cultist stumbles, but somehow, barely keeps his feet with the child on his shoulder.

"Cultist is clinging to life by a thread. Grapthor make an average (TN 11) perception (listening) test.
Bray is up, 4 rounds until death, may still speak.
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.